Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles (26391 Views)

Tobiloba Amusan Wins Diamond League In Women's 100m Hurdles, Makes History / Birmingham 2022: Tobi Amusan Wins Gold In Women's 100m Hurdles Event / World Cup: Psychic Pig Picks Nigeria And Argentina For Semi-final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by assent: 10:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Her male colleague was disqualified.

The FUTURE is FEMALE.

Another female murdered her own daughter. You didn't read that news?

1 Like

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by YungMillionaire: 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2021
Let's go Tobi. Lets go!
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Navalsadiq(m): 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2021
arsenal96:
Hope she wins at least bronze medal
they always disappoint thats the problem
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by FutureIsFemale(f): 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2021
assent:

Another female murdered her own daughter. You didn't read that news?
You don't tell me what to read and not read. You don't buy data for me.
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by zinizta: 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
Guru1111:
grin
Good news.....

Let's make Nigeria great once again... cool

Na now daybreak?
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by chaloskyx: 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2021
That's good news lets hope they dont disqualify her for one flimsy excuse like the rest
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by arthurwillia(m): 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
It she was disqualified na
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Lekison(m): 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2021
Infolenka:
Stop deluding yourselves. Nigeria isn't winning any medal on track and field this Olympics.

I was even happy Okagbare was disqualified because she would have qualifed for the finals and lost 7th or 8th. I've been following all Diamond league events this year and she's not had faster times than at least 5 of her competitors the likes of Fraser price, Asher Smith, Elaine Thompson, Ta Lou to name a few.

This one that made it through to the semi finals will not even see 6th position if she somehow makes the finals.

Don't get your hopes up. Ignore that 4th place ranking. Better 100m hurdle runners with faster times this year are waiting in the finals.
ok... you can go and hug transformer grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Infolenka: 12:00am On Aug 01, 2021
Lekison:
ok... you can go and hug transformer grin

You will be the one hugging a transformer when she eventually doesn't win a medal.

Clown. You think winning medals is by support? Keep raising your hopes and having them dashed repeatedly.

I'm speaking facts while you and your fellow clowns are speaking sentiments.

She's not even in the top 3 fastest times this year and there are athletes still in the competition with better personal bests that aren't even in the top 3. She doesn't stand a chance. Keep hoping.

1 Like

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Matinho: 1:12am On Aug 01, 2021
Dem go soon disqualify her. No be Olympics again? Dem no want Nigeria to win shishi. First dem disqualify Ogwumike sisters, dem disqualify 40 athletes, disqualify Okagbare come disqualify Oduduru join. It is obvious.lol
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Sprumbaba: 1:42am On Aug 01, 2021
Guru1111:
grin
Good news.....

Nigeria was never great.
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Millimann: 2:06am On Aug 01, 2021
clockwisereport:

You will not die if you wish her goodluck.

I think Infolenka is actually being objective. His statement doesn't mean he doesn't wish her good luck.

Where I'm expecting a medal is from Okunayo Adekuroye the wrestler and maybe Ese Brume.
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:25am On Aug 01, 2021
The number of medals won by the top 10 countries is greater than that won by the other 196 countries shocked shocked shocked

It's Pareto principle playing out again
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Burgerlomo: 2:43am On Aug 01, 2021
Best of luck girl cool
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Eriokanmi: 3:20am On Aug 01, 2021
arsenal96:
Hope she wins at least bronze medal
She's striking gold alongside Enoch, who also beat the olympic record last night , edging ahead of the American sprinter to finish first in the 100m men.
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Judybash93(m): 4:54am On Aug 01, 2021
hapholaby:
Congratulations namesake smiley

You're Tobi too... Me too
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by assent: 5:59am On Aug 01, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
You don't tell me what to read and not read. You don't buy data for me.

Now you know. A female murdered her own daughter. So, you should shut up
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by seunmsg(m): 7:28am On Aug 01, 2021
Our hope of getting medals now rest on Amusan, Ese Brume, Odunayo and Enoch Adegoke. I wish all of them the best.

2 Likes

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by chris51(f): 7:31am On Aug 01, 2021
Guru1111:
How that one take concern you? undecided

Good question
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by smartNerd: 7:42am On Aug 01, 2021
“We cannot solve problems with the kind of
thinking we employed when we came up with
them.” — Albert Einstein
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by chris51(f): 7:44am On Aug 01, 2021
Infolenka:
Stop deluding yourselves. Nigeria isn't winning any medal on track and field this Olympics.

I was even happy Okagbare was disqualified because she would have qualifed for the finals and lost 7th or 8th. I've been following all Diamond league events this year and she's not had faster times than at least 5 of her competitors the likes of Fraser price, Asher Smith, Elaine Thompson, Ta Lou to name a few.

This one that made it through to the semi finals will not even see 6th position if she somehow makes the finals.

Don't get your hopes up. Ignore that 4th place ranking. Better 100m hurdle runners with faster times this year are waiting in the finals.

Is this how to encourage Nigerian team? If it's that easy why didn't you go to Tokyo and win medals?
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by chris51(f): 7:44am On Aug 01, 2021
chris51:

Is this how to encourage Nigerian team? If it's that easy why didn't you go to Tokyo and win medals?
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Infolenka: 7:51am On Aug 01, 2021
Eriokanmi:
She's striking gold alongside Enoch, who also beat the olympic record last night , edging ahead of the American sprinter to finish first in the 100m men.

You are very delusional. Enoch is striking which gold? Someone whose personal best is 9.98s and just qualified for a semifinal spot.

Over 17 men have run under 9.97s this year. Meaning he has 17 men faster than his time this year and you are talking about gold.

Now I know the problem with Nigerians. It's a mixture of delusion and celebration of mediocrity.

Keep wasting hope on subpar athletes.

1 Like

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Eriokanmi: 7:59am On Aug 01, 2021
Infolenka:

You are very delusional. Enoch is striking which gold? Someone whose personal best is 9.98s and just qualified for a semifinal spot.

Over 17 men have run under 9.97s this year. Meaning he has 17 men faster than his time this year and you are talking about gold.

Now I know the problem with Nigerians. It's a mixture of delusion and celebration of mediocrity.

Keep wasting hope on subpar athletes.
If you are not optimistic positive-minded in some of our team's possibility of striking gold, why not just shut your mouth and see what happens in the end? Their performances have shown they're potential gold winners. They competed with World Olympic champions, even breaking Olympic record...what more criteria do you need to measure a potential goldedalist ? This guy has the best score among those who just completed their preliminaries. The lady high jumper, another Nigerian broke another Olympic record a few hours ago, finishing ahead of all other contestants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Sleekfingers: 8:32am On Aug 01, 2021
Guru1111:
grin Good news.....

with olympic gold medal abi?
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by smartNerd: 9:13am On Aug 01, 2021
I have learned over the years that when one’s
mind is made up, this diminishes fear. -- Rosa
Parks

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900158_dearpastthank_jpeg_jpegdb11b56dcd31f27e7abf4625978d6c01
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Lekison(m): 9:59am On Aug 01, 2021
Infolenka:

You will be the one hugging a transformer when she eventually doesn't win a medal.

Clown. You think winning medals is by support? Keep raising your hopes and having them dashed repeatedly.

I'm speaking facts while you and your fellow clowns are speaking sentiments.

She's not even in the top 3 fastest times this year and there are athletes still in the competition with better personal bests that aren't even in the top 3. She doesn't stand a chance. Keep hoping.
enter highway if e pain you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by theTranscriber: 10:19am On Aug 01, 2021
Matinho:
Dem go soon disqualify her. No be Olympics again? Dem no want Nigeria to win shishi. First dem disqualify Ogwumike sisters, dem disqualify 40 athletes, disqualify Okagbare come disqualify Oduduru join. It is obvious.lol
cheesy
No weapon formed against us shall prosper
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Bobbyjay001(m): 12:56pm On Aug 01, 2021
MrFly:
Amusan! Nobody knows her tribe, if it were someone from one tribe, they will be ethnic chauvinism upandan. If u know u know. Let's go girl. Good luck

Tobi is from Ijebu ode local govt. I knew her frm d day she's born. We both lived in the same house for over 16years. We even attend same church til now. She exhibited sprint traits from like age 2. If Tobi did smthng and you tried catching her then, you'd have seen her ahead of you. Her school, Our Lady of Apostle Secondary School, Ijebu ode (OLASS) and Ogun State govt. Brought her to limelight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

David Beckham Wins 2017-18 UEFA President Award (Photos) / #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) / Mikel Obi Says That Conte Benched Him At Chelsea Because He Represented Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.