Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles (26389 Views)

Tobiloba Amusan Wins Diamond League In Women's 100m Hurdles, Makes History / Birmingham 2022: Tobi Amusan Wins Gold In Women's 100m Hurdles Event / World Cup: Psychic Pig Picks Nigeria And Argentina For Semi-final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Moving4: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2021
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Numerouno94(m): 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Her male colleague was disqualified.

The FUTURE is FEMALE.

Mchteeewwww. Always cherry picking on the threads to comment. A thread was seen on front page a while ago where a woman like u brutalized nd dehumanized a juvenile; we never saw u there. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Ekaka1(m): 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2021
If Tobi manage go win medal at least bronze I'm made. This will probably go down as the most unfruitful olympics for us that I know of...at least in my life time
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by ThickSharon123(f): 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
Feminine power
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
... proudly afonja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by uniquelyspecial(m): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2021
Scillacheese:
Our only hope
Not really. I'm hoping something good comes out from Enoch Adegoke.

Never say never.

3 Likes

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by clockwisereport: 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2021
We wish her goodluck in all her endeavours.
Go girl and make us proud.

We are solidly behind you
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by tfelicityk(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
May God crowns her efforts again

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by clockwisereport: 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2021
Infolenka:
Stop deluding yourselves. Nigeria isn't winning any medal on track and field this Olympics.

I was even happy Okagbare was disqualified because she would have qualifed for the finals and lost 7th or 8th. I've been following all Diamond league events this year and she's not had faster times than at least 5 of her competitors the likes of Fraser price, Asher Smith, Elaine Thompson, Ta Lou to name a few.

This one that made it through to the semi finals will not even see 6th position if she somehow makes the finals.

Don't get your hopes up. Ignore that 4th place ranking. Better 100m hurdle runners with faster times this year are waiting in the finals.

You will not die if you wish her goodluck.

7 Likes

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by ppogba: 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2021
Ekaka1:
If Tobi manage go win medal at least bronze I'm made. This will probably go down as the most unfruitful olympics for us that I know of...at least in my life time

This will eventually be one of Nigeria' best. Expect medals from :
Tobi Amusan
Ese Brume
Odunayo Adekunroye
Blessing Oborodudu.

Quote me after the games.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by vibre: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
Scillacheese:
Our only hope
ESE brume is still there
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by vibre: 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2021
uniquelyspecial:

Not really. I'm hoping something good comes out from Enoch Adegoke.

Never say never.
Enoch won't even reach final. Oduduru was our only real hope in that men 100m. Right now, it's only Amusan and Brume that can win something in athletics then maybe odunayo in wrestling.
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2021
Numerouno94:

Mchteeewwww. Always cherry picking on the threads to comment. A thread was seen on front page a while ago where a woman like u brutalized nd dehumanized a juvenile; we never saw u there. undecided undecided
Are you the one who purchases my data to tell me what thread I should comment and not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Gabbriell: 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2021
Scillacheese:
Our only hope

Premium tears... lipsrsealed
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by LifeOfTrigga(m): 9:40pm On Jul 31, 2021
Naijayouth:
Go for gold and make us proud.

Our male basket ball team did not even come back with Iron angry lipsrsealed

Gold circle Condom ambassador grin grin

Opor! cheesy cheesy
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Uniique(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2021
Ohyinyeah:
grin
Divine Oduduru was disqualified for false start

He never experredit

1 Like

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by SaintBeehot(m): 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
Infolenka:
Stop deluding yourselves. Nigeria isn't winning any medal on track and field this Olympics.

I was even happy Okagbare was disqualified because she would have qualifed for the finals and lost 7th or 8th. I've been following all Diamond league events this year and she's not had faster times than at least 5 of her competitors the likes of Fraser price, Asher Smith, Elaine Thompson, Ta Lou to name a few.

This one that made it through to the semi finals will not even see 6th position if she somehow makes the finals.

Don't get your hopes up. Ignore that 4th place ranking. Better 100m hurdle runners with faster times this year are waiting in the finals.
you really need to change your mindset.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Commentor: 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Her male colleague was disqualified.

The FUTURE is FEMALE.

What of Okagbare?

1 Like

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Commentor: 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2021
Infolenka:

Leave that thing.
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Emmannn101(m): 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
Infolenka:

Why are you so full of hatred, boy?

What do you stand to gain whenever you try to bring people down?

If not for anything, wish her well if you want to succeed in life.

Be blessed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
arsenal96:
Hope she wins at least bronze medal
grin
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
Sluacoast:
The performance of the Nigerian contestant contesting in this tournament has been really poor. Both the male and basketball players were being trash by their respective opponent some days ago. We're yet to see a clinical performance. Go for the medal girl. You can do it.
well according to some people, they said that the national basket team was picked on merit and that the players are the best (Homogeneous)

They also said that when it comes to representing the state, they have to be chosen cause they are the best after Bitcoin.

Well.... Now.... Everywhere don burst.

They should come and claim them in victory and pain grin grin

Long live the federal republic of Nigeria!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by uthlaw: 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
FatimaAbubakar:
Let Allah be praised!
do you reside at sokoto?
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by uniquelyspecial(m): 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2021
vibre:

Enoch won't even reach final. Oduduru was our only real hope in that men 100m. Right now, it's only Amusan and Brume that can win something in athletics then maybe odunayo in wrestling.
Don't write like you know the future. His qualifications for semi-final implies he stands a chance of reaching the finals.

Not that he had one of the best times (9.something) putting all heats under consideration. Beating 10mins is good achievement.

1 Like

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by CUMIN: 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2021
FatimaAbubakar:
Let Allah be praised!

Gotv
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Uchasa(m): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2021
ppogba:

This will eventually be one of Nigeria' best. Expect medals from :
Tobi Amusan
Ese Brume
Odunayo Adekunroye
Blessing Oborodudu.

Quote me after the games.

Remove Odunayo and Blessing, I don't see them going far unless they up their game before their D-Day!
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Joetttimua1811(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2021
Congrats
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by IgboEmir001: 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2021
[quote author=FutureIsFemale post=104292542]Her male colleague was disqualified.

The Future is FEMALE.

The future is vigina!
Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by KosiGee(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2021
vibre:

Oduduru is a fraud. This isn’t the first time he has been disqualified for false start. I think he has a lot disturbing him and the false start was deliberate to not participate in the individual event.
Considering his exposure and his withdrawal from academics, you’d expect him to focus and rule the sprints but he has been declining.

Except the inevitable happens tomorrow, the 100m hurdles gold will go to Kendra Harrison or Jasmine Camacho-Quinn.
Tobe Amusan is so talented and should be on the podium. I wish her the best.

Adegoke did well in the heat. 9.98 is very good but he really stretched himself. He needs to put off some weight and maybe get a good coach. He can do better.

Under the right environment and facilities, Nzebuchi will rule the sprints and easily improve on her pb. I think she can run sub 11secs effortlessly in about 2 years if she leaves Nigeria and train under a new coach and better facilities.

Okagbare has paid her dues, maybe it’s time to resign from international duties.

3 Likes

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by Uchasa(m): 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2021
Emmannn101:

Why are you so full of hatred, boy?

What do you stand to gain whenever you try to bring people down?

If not for anything, wish her well if you want to succeed in life.

Be blessed

I don't think that's hatred. The guy is just erring the facts! Anyway, as a patriotic Nigerian, I'm still optimistic for them to break another record. One of our major problems, is that our BEST athletes don't represent us! For instance, today Adegoke suprisingly broke someone from another country's record at the Olympics which has been unbroken for some time, and guess the person's name, Femi Ogunode of Qatar, another Nigerian beast representing another country. In Volleyball, we didn't even qualify from Africa to play in the Olympics, for even the women category, yet one of the top 10 best female Volleyball players in the world, Paola Ogechi Egonu is a Nigerian, but represents Italy. Both of her parents are Nigerians, just like Femi Ogunode. In women basketball, the first and only Africans to win a WNBA MVP award, Nneka Ogwumike and Arike Ogunbowale, are both Nigerians. But while Ogwumike recently displayed interest to play for Nigeria, after US snubbed her this time around, Ogunbowale would likely be playing for the USA just like Nneka did before. In Boxing, one of the worlds' best ever, Anthony Joshua who is also a Nigerian represents the UK. In football, the same thing! From Saka to Alli to Eze to Tammy to Alaba to Okaka to the Nmecha's, all our bests eligible to represent us, representing other countries. In nitty-gritty, it's mostly rejects that represent us!

If only our government could set up a general enabling environment, this wouldn't be happening. It's unfortunate that this is the trend in not only Nigeria, but West and Central Africa as a whole! It's pathetic!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by phemmyfour: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2021
just2endowed:
I heard okagbare fail doping test... Why was the story not on front page

@lalasticlala
Next time buy data on time, that news is over 24hrs and was on fp

1 Like

Re: Olympics: Tobi Amusan Qualifies For Semi-Final In Women’s 100m Hurdles by MrFly(m): 10:38pm On Jul 31, 2021
Amusan! Nobody knows her tribe, if it were someone from one tribe, they will be ethnic chauvinism upandan. If u know u know. Let's go girl. Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) / David Beckham Wins 2017-18 UEFA President Award (Photos) / Mikel Obi Says That Conte Benched Him At Chelsea Because He Represented Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.