Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) (45226 Views)

Unpaid Polytechnic Lecturer Becomes A Bus Conductor In PH, Rivers State (Video) / Auchi Polytechnic Lecturer Injures Female Student, Flees (Photos) / Osun State Polytechnic Lecturer Attends To Only One Student Who Paid School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Duru009(m): 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2021
Igbos always making nigerian proud since 1960 ..
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Joetttimua1811(m): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nice one
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by iezeiyida(m): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
Smart lecturer!
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by tolaade1960: 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2021
Better than none, is a reward for academic achievement.

caye:
₦10,000?
O gaa óò.
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Emmanuelhector(m): 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2021
The lecturer Obinna Otuu of computer science department is really a great guy.. God will continue to bless his profession
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Aurelius1(m): 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nuelito:
Nice one...very commendable

That's what we worked on some weeks back.

Watch the video below and see how A motion Sensing Device or Alarm looks like..

If you have any question...feel free to drop it on the YouTube comment section...I will do justice to it.

Don't forget to Subscribe to the YouTube channel....I will post more mechanical devices that we produced recently... Thanks and Stay Blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsuYkV_CzjU
Come out clean. Just say that you are looking for subscribers for your YouTube channel.
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Nuelito: 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2021
Aurelius1:
Come out clean. Just say that you are looking for subscribers for your YouTube channel.

Funny enough....Big man

I am a Mechanical Engineering student in UNN.

We did some projects recently.....I just uploaded the clip for people to see how the device looks like.

Anyways, subscribe to my YouTube channel....abeg grin

1 Like

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
ClintonNzedimma:

I am studying computer science
I just finished my final paper on Wednesday.
I can implement this same thing.
Motion detection system is not a big deal in University hence why you see some comments up there praising the fact that a poly graduate implemented such.
I am a Software developer with 4-5 years of experience and there are many people better than I am that are still university undergraduates.
Please again correct your statement.
People are practicing

How many people? How many things do we invent in this country?

The things you listed out here can be done by someone who haven't visited the 4 walls of a tertiary institution.
People have been graduating, compare the numbers for over 5 years in all the universities, what have they invented?

We have engrs doing the same work an ordinary technician in the street can do, some are even worse.

You can implement the same thing, how many people in the university can do it?

There are computer engineers that can't even do a chip level repair not to talk of designing a PCB.

You can only speak for yourself.
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by mechanics(m): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
Congrats to them.
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by BusinessDream: 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
caye:
₦10,000?
O gaa óò.
People like you will never value a gesture given out of scarce resources... is the man DANGOTE? how much is his salary? undecided undecided
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
udemzyudex:

How many people? How many things do we invent in this country?

The things you listed out here can be done by someone who haven't visited the 4 walls of a tertiary institution.
People have been graduating, compare the numbers for over 5 years in all the universities, what have they invented?

We have engrs doing the same work an ordinary technician in the street can do, some are even worse.

You can implement the same thing, how many people in the university can do it?

There are computer engineers that can't even do a chip level repair not to talk of designing a PCB.

You can only speak for yourself.
I see your point.
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by enikl(m): 4:07pm On Aug 01, 2021
FalseProphet1:
That lecturer is having an affair with the girl, but in order no to arouse suspicion, he gifted the guy 10k also, when he and the girl go to their usual meeting place, he'll double her money.

This I have seen.

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Slurity(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2021
redartmooon:
Motion Detect System from a National Diploma student is a nice one.
Is this not the Polytechnic school system some low intellects life were insulting, ask a university computer science final year student to tell you the stages of software development and they begin to tell you gibberish.
I once knew an ND computer science graduate who was 4 times better than the lecturer in a typical University, at must ND level he headed a multimillion software dev project.
Truly skilled.

So I tell you all disease from saying University is better than Polytechnic or College of Education.

Its all depends depends on what is taught at that respective institution, the intellect of the student, and the understanding of the lecturers.
You are correct but the same way, if you ask some HND holder some simple questions, You will wonder if they even have SSCE
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by od501: 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2021
greatestunclebe:
Two National Diploma students of the Computer Science department, Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra State were surprised with an envelope of N10, 000 by their project supervisor, Otuu Obinna Ogbonnia at the project defense ground on 31st of July, 2021.

The students, Onuoraha Ikechukwu Emmanuel and Azodo Chukwunonye Stella, designed a Motion Detection System for home use. A device which blares an alarm when an intruder enters the home or office. It also has an SMS module which is used to signal the owner of the house by SMS, that there is an intruder.

This astonishing and epoch making fit, especially in a National Diploma project level, propelled the supervisor to award the supervisees not just by grade, but financially as to activate the seriousness of other students.

His words “I am so elated at their achievement at this level. Actually, when they brought this topic for approval, I almost changed it thinking it was too advanced for them. However, they insisted and gave me reasons why they will deliver the device on or before defense day. Surprisingly, they did as assured. I gave them both academic and parental guidance during the process, but never knew the device would perform perfectly as it did today. If I had more than the content of this envelope, I would have given to them for applauds and to propel other students to do better next year. I shall also deliver this job to the Innovation driven Rector, Dr Nwafulugo Francisca U. who has a dogged passion for novelties as this".

At the award giving scene, the Head of Department, Dr.Mrs Ezeasomba Irene who was joyous with the achievement of the duo, encouraged the students to step up their game in adding more features to the device, as such can be used as projects in Higher Academic Programmes and can be given patent for future income. The Project Coordinator, Dr. Nwachukwu Nwosu who flanked the HOD, also couldn’t hide his goodwill for the project team. He encouraged them to do more microcontroller jobs and advised that they should add machine learning modules, as to detect varying degrees of objects around homes, offices and industries. The device was mounted on the top edge of the entrance to the defense hall, as exemplified by the attached picture (white box on top of the supervisors head in the image).
CONGRATS TO THE DUO!

Las las one aboki religious extremist from the North will be made minister of science and technology while the main people struggle to survive.

Great Okonites! We see u!
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by od501: 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2021
Aurelius1:

Oha watch and subscribe, or don't watch all. Everything na long tok to u.
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Teejay13(m): 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
Feels great encouraging other people. No matter how Small your effort seems.
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Fortez: 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by victorazy(m): 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2021
From all the way Igboland come here to rule.

IgboAmaka
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Ajeyo(m): 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2021
Good students,not breast and butt bearing BBN girls,I was imagining what 90m that BBN promised the winner will do in the life of those two student?.
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Blackdisciple(m): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
Encouraging..

That's how we encourage students so they can put more effort in studies...
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2021
caye:
₦10,000?
O gaa óò.
it's from his salary.. don't be ungrateful please... If u want more money to these students write to multinational organisations to come in
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by DaRodman(m): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
Ah...
Keep doing good sir.
I could remember those days when I was his class rep,kept doing good even up till now.
God bless you sir. ��
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2021
redartmooon:
Is this not the Polytechnic school system some low intellects life were insulting, ask a university computer science final year student to tell you the stages of software development and they begin to tell you gibberish.
I once knew an ND computer science graduate who was 4 times better than the lecturer in a typical University, at must ND level he headed a multimillion software dev project.
Truly skilled.

So I tell you all diseasedesist from saying University is better than Polytechnic or College of Education.

Its all depends depends on what is taught at that respective institution, the intellect of the student, and the understanding of the lecturers.
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2021
FalseProphet1:
That lecturer is having an affair with the girl, but in order no to arouse suspicion, he gifted the guy 10k also, when he and the girl go to their usual meeting place, he'll double her money.

This I have seen.

This is very dumb.

There are good people. Very good people
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Localemperor: 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2021
redartmooon:
Truly skilled.

So I tell you all disease from saying University is better than Polytechnic or College of Education.

Stop measuring dick, every polytechnic students or maybe 98% have once searched for admission in a University!!

1 Like

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
Congratulations....

Meanwhile, some polytechnic and university graduates don turn matter to gbas gbos...

It was expected...
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by sheDD(m): 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
My thought and suspicion too though grin grin
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by 1Dray(m): 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2021
caye:
₦10,000?
O gaa óò.

How much you give?
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by EmekaA125(m): 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
Very nice. Congratulations to them
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by pek(m): 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
redartmooon:

So I tell you all disease[s][/s] from saying University is better than Polytechnic or College of Education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) / Who Is The New Minister Of Education In Nigeria: Urgent Answer Needed Pls / Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.