Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

[Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density (7178 Views)

Map Of Population Density In Nigeria / Population Density Map, SE most densely populated (pictures) / 2023: Atiku, Tinubu, Yahaya Bello Missing As Primate Ayodele Reveals Nigeria’s N (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

[Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by IjapaTiroko: 12:17am On Aug 01, 2021
The darkened places in the first image are places with the highest population in Nigeria.

The second image is from a different source and the link is below. You can Google about World Pop's WOPRVision.
https://apps.worldpop.org/woprVision/

The most reliable and detailed one I wish to post is by HumData, a Facebook affiliated organisation. But the full document costs 187MB so I don't want to download it.
But if you wish to, kindly go to:
DataForGood.Fb.com or Data.HumData.org

I'm still looking digging for more easily accessible open ssources.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by TarOrfeeek: 12:28am On Aug 01, 2021
How then does the North manufacture all the votes we counted in 2015 election?

Was INEC counting fingers and toes as voters.

Nigeria is a very big joke.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Inception(m): 12:31am On Aug 01, 2021
Interesting. This must have been done at night time to reveal the intensity/ density of electricity consumption

4 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Acjohn(m): 12:35am On Aug 01, 2021
Northerners especially the Fulani's will not agree. Census with upturn this result.

I wonder when the south will stop thinking that they are smarter than the north, yet are been fooled by those they call fools

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:43am On Aug 01, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Very huge joke I tell u! They imported their cousins and relatives from Niger Republic & Chad Republic to vote in the election. Not only to vote but also readied, prepared to cause mayhem incase the presidential result did not go their way!

Now they have metamorphosed into the terrorists and bandit insecurity cankerworm being witnessed today.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by yanabasee1(m): 12:54am On Aug 01, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

It's been like this from the unset....

The North hiked up it's population to cheat South on everything.... Both on regional benefits to political benefits to world donations ...

You dare not expose them....

With the scores so far from Boko Haram, the North should be a deserted place... but yet, they keep telling us how Kano is terrorist-free and how Kano state is over-populated..

When it's bad, the point Thor fingers to the south... When it's beneficial they claim it ..

They rated the south as the most corrupt region while battling to safe Abba Kyari from FBI's claws....

9 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by SUCKCESSFUL: 1:16am On Aug 01, 2021
Even the almighty Kardashians (Kano, katsina, Kaduna) dey empty? shocked
How do they manufacture those results sef?

7 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by IGBOSON1: 1:24am On Aug 01, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Thought i was the only one wondering where the population up north is for them to be assaulting our sensibilities every election and census with outlandish figures? Even Kaduna, we're told is the next most populous state after Kano, is near empty outside of Kaduna metropolis!

Nigeria is a fraud as well as an expensive joke!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by theTranscriber: 1:28am On Aug 01, 2021
Remember
There's a difference in density and population

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by horsepower102: 1:34am On Aug 01, 2021
Sometime in the 2010s the French scientists used their satellite to look at Nigeria and came to the same conclusion that Nigeria’s population doesn’t match what is reported on paper and that the north is grossly underpopulated as they claimed.

I know some people will bring the nonsense multiple wives argument. But that doesn’t make sense if you mathematically think about it.

When you marry 4 wives, you are simply denying 3 young men wives to marry.

22 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by r4bbit: 1:40am On Aug 01, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by horsepower102: 1:43am On Aug 01, 2021
Personally, I believe that the most populated group in Nigeria if real census is ever conducted is igbos.

1) Go to igbo land and not just only south east and count the population.

2) Go to other communities in Nigeria, usually the highest population outside of the indigenes tend to be igbos.

3) count the number of Nigerians in the diaspora except for UK and Italy, igbos tend to be the highest In number.

If you Truly count all these without any hate in your heart or bias towards the igbos, you will come to the conclusion that Igbos are the most populated group in Nigeria

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by How2channel2: 1:45am On Aug 01, 2021
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by DoggoneDogg: 2:16am On Aug 01, 2021
Leave North.
See how empty South West is asides Lagos. South East is more densely populated than South West and densely populated areas mean urban areas.

But Afonjas will be screaming Ibadan upandan like early morning Cocks. See as Ibadan, Abeokuta, Osogbo dry like olosho puna.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Bluntguy: 2:25am On Aug 01, 2021
Population census in Nigeria has always been a scam.

2 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Bluntguy: 2:29am On Aug 01, 2021
horsepower102:
Personally, I believe that the most populated group in Nigeria if real census is ever conducted is igbos.

2) Go to other communities in Nigeria, usually the highest population outside of the indigenes tend to be igbos.

3) count the number of Nigerians in the diaspora except for UK and Italy, igbos tend to be the highest In number.

If you Truly count all these without any hate in your heart or bias towards the igbos, you will come to the conclusion that Igbos are the most populated group in Nigeria
A wise man spotted.

9 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by realstars: 2:31am On Aug 01, 2021
I I6pe This Would Be Used In 2023 Elections.
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by temptnow: 2:38am On Aug 01, 2021
The North can only decieve people who haven't been to North before. They don't have the so-called population they claim

7 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by rayvelez(m): 2:52am On Aug 01, 2021
horsepower102:

One of the most intelligent comment have ever read. Igbos are everywhere even the estates wey i reside they are plenty and a very good neighbour especially this tall curvy pretty lady i been eyeing...

11 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Karlovych: 2:54am On Aug 01, 2021
embarassed embarassed Yet during the elections the North will be manufacturing figures together with immigrants from neighbouring countries voting as well

2 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Unlettered: 3:32am On Aug 01, 2021
Bunch of low life commenting how they have more population than the north or how they imported their cousins.

Kill yourselves if you cant take it.

I dont know how y’ll sleep and wake up with so much hatred in your hearts and still expect to live pass 50.

How many threads have you seen “northerners” reply your bullshit?! Yet you believe they re your enemies. Pray to God to cure such darkness in your hearts.

The fact that ya’ll dont even know the difference between NC NW and NE says alot about majority of people with bigoted hearts on NL. Its like saying all southerners have same language. Sigh

Say rubbish and be schooled yo

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by theenchanter: 4:36am On Aug 01, 2021
Unlettered:
Bunch of low life commenting how they have more population than the north or how they imported their cousins.

I dont know how y’ll sleep and wake up with so much hatred in your hearts and still expect to live pass 50.

How many threads have you seen “northerners” reply your bullshit?! Yet you believe they re your enemies. Pray to God to cure such darkness in your hearts.

The fact that ya’ll dont even know the difference between NC NW and NE says alot about majority of people with bigoted hearts on NL. Its like saying all southerners have same language. Sigh

how does this correlates with hatred towards the "north"? undecided

19 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Powersurge: 4:37am On Aug 01, 2021
Unlettered:

What exactly are you saying?

12 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Gadafii: 5:08am On Aug 01, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

they count cows and donkeys up north during the 2006 census
In 2015, they armed underaged almajiris with voters cards, fear North cheesy

6 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by TheEnygma(m): 7:00am On Aug 01, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You just asked a very good question.... until this day, I don't understand how APC in bornou state could produce over 1million votes for Buhari in 2019 during the presidential election.

1 Like

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Obamaofusa: 7:07am On Aug 01, 2021
IjapaTiroko:
The darkened places are places with the highest population in Nigeria.

Everybody knows the SW has the highest number of people in Nigeria esecially because of Lagos...

1 Like

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Okoroawusa: 7:07am On Aug 01, 2021
Satellite imagery of what exactly? I dey fear social media these days. By the time we all react finish another statement will come up telling us that we have been reacting to fake news.

I just tire...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by udemzyudex(m): 7:10am On Aug 01, 2021
Yet the North claim they have the highest population.

2006 census was a sham.

1 Like

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by RZArecta(m): 7:28am On Aug 01, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

people who import voters from Niger and Chad then call all their people down south to come back home. They've got this thing on lockdown while we use election days as another public holiday

1 Like

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by FreeIgbos: 7:29am On Aug 01, 2021
This is an open secret every informed person already know.

Nigeria's population figures are nothing but scam being bandied about for political and other unaltruistic reasons.

Igboland along with Nile Delta in Egypt has perennially been Africa's densest regions since recorded history!!

2 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by FreeIgbos: 7:30am On Aug 01, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Satellite imagery of what exactly? I dey fear social media these days. By the time we all react finish another statement will come up telling us that we have been reacting to fake news.

I just tire...

Okoroawusa is defending his people again, just like he always does while pretending to be Igbo. SMH!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory / Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report / The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.