Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us (7171 Views)

A Thread For The Niger Delta Republic Movement / What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? / Touching Post From Niger Delta Republic Facebook Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by jason123: 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2011
Itsekiri graduates un der the aegis of National Association of Itsekiri graduates (NAIG) have called on President Goodluck Jonathan to call the Minister for Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday Orubebe to order or fresh crises will erupt in the Niger Delta, particularly oil rich Delta State over gross marginalisation and neglect of Itsekiri interest by Niger Delta Ministry.

A statement issued in Warri by NAIG signed by its National Chairman, Ebrohimi Oritsuwa and Secretary, Bawo Nobi, stated that out of 109 persons shortlisted for training in India by Niger Delta ministry, no Itsekiri graduate or indigene was shortlisted.

“The question we want to ask the Hon. Minister of Niger Delta and the Ministry of Niger Delta is: Are Itsekiri graduates not qualified to participate in the training programmes meant for Niger Delta? Or is Itsekiri not part of the the Niger Delta?”

The minister, the Ministry of Niger Delta and Nigerians know that Itsekiri nation contribute over 26 per cent of oil and gas to the Nigeria economy. Therefore its graduates and youths are entitled to benefit from the programmes meant for the Niger Delta except the minister wants us to believe that the Niger Delta Ministry is created for the Ijaw and headed by Ijaw to dominate the region.

We call on Mr. President to call the Minister of Niger Delta to order now before it is too late.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/n-delta-ministry-marginalises-us-itsekiri-tell-jonathan/
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by asha80(m): 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2011
jason are you marginalized?
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by jason123: 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2011
The Itsekiri Nation ALONE produces more than a quarter of the Nation's oil YET we are being marginalised. As for the people that keep shouting Niger-Delta republic, I really pity you guys.

The mentality in the Niger Delta is, "if you are marginalised, FINE! As long as I am the one doing the maginalising". Such a pitiable and weak double standards. Edos, Itsekiris, Uhrobos and Isokos; PLEASE BE WISE!!!!

As they say, a word is enough for the wise!
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by jason123: 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2011
asha 80:

jason are you marginalized?
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by asha80(m): 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2011
jason123:

let me rephrase it.do you feel marginalized by ijaw?
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by jason123: 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2011
asha 80:

let me rephrase it.do you feel marginalized by ijaw?
Asha, what sort of question is this? How can marginalisation be a one person game?

Personally, NO. But, I know the cry of my people. From the warri crisis to the issue of "conquered territory" to the quota system in Delta. If you go to most Ijaw websites, you'll see the hate they have for Itsekiris with their ill-gotten propaganda of owning every costal land in Nigeria

Infact, take a look at this map: Where did Itsekiris come in, in Toru-Ebe??

Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by asha80(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2011
well i understand you.

by the way why is portharcuort included in the ijaw state?
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by jason123: 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2011
asha 80:

well i understand you.

by the way why is portharcuort included in the ijaw state?
Because they believe PH is part of Ijaw territory. Same with lower Edo state and Itsekiri land.
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by naijaking1: 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2011
Ijaws marginalizing Itsekiris
OMG, how is that possible
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by seanet02: 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2011
That is Jonathan for you.
Very selfish and unreliable
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by aljharem3: 5:05pm On Sep 10, 2011
lol grin grin grin grin grin southern nigeeeerrria grin grin at least this is not the north's fault

ijaw, itskeiri, bini, ishan, urhobo, isoko, yoruba, igbo, etc where are ur ears marginslisation just start

see small ijaw of yesterday flexing muscles shocked is life not ironical

when the igbos and yorubas did the same. see complain form ijaw. infact they formed MEND and bombed lagos and asaba

now jonathan is the president, they want to claim as much land as they can gather

well. goodluck
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by Johndoe300: 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2011
seanet02:

That is Jonathan for you.
Very selfish and unreliable

Shut ya mouth, human beings de talk you sef put mouth.

Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2011
Break-up all the way, you'll solve ur problems after or if una want make una kill una self, nonsense!!
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by kpogede77: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2011
We will do worse than Boko Haram if GEJ and Orubebe take us for a ride. Oritsuwa has been the one calming down the youths, we will bomb all the lines carrying crude from Ugborodo and turn the city of warri into Maiduguri. We are very accommodating, we are slow to anger but that should not be seen as weakness. We will make more money during the crises, Oritsuwa should allow our boys to go on rampage, that is the language FG understand. The ministry is now an Ijaw ministry but Itsekiri produce more oil than Ijaw in Delta State. If you go to the office, Ijaw is almost becoming the official language there. That is why we stand by Oduduwa Republic. Our brothers (Yorubas) cannot do this to us
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by Chyz2: 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2011
The Ijaws are funny. How can you include the whole of Itsekiri land in one state without their consent then call it One of the Ijaw states? And since when is port harcourt Ijaw land,lol. I guess Ijaws think that nigeria is some big free yard sale.
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by jason123: 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2011
alj_harem:

when the igbos and yorubas did the same. see complain form ijaw. infact they formed MEND and bombed lagos and asaba

YOU GOT THAT PART PERFECTLY RIGHT!!!
As I said:
jason123:

The mentality in the Niger Delta is, "if you are marginalised, FINE! As long as I am the one doing the maginalising".
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by aljharem3: 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2011
Chyz*:

The Ijaws are funny. How can you include the whole of Itsekiri land in one state without their consent then call it One of the Ijaw states? And since when is port harcourt Ijaw land,lol. I guess Ijaws think that nigeria is some big free yard sale.

LOL you see. reminds me of opobo that clearly are no longer ijaw but ijaw will forcefully claim them or kill them

also urhobo and itsekiri are now ijaw by default grin grin grin grin grin when itsekiri and urhobo start then we would see what GEJ (ijaw president) would do
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by jason123: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2011
Chyz*:

Exactly!!!
The map is the future Niger delta republic. That is why I have been against it since day one!!! Ijaws will simply be the new "Hausas" in the so called utopian republic.
kpogede77:

We will do worse than Boko Haram if GEJ and Orubebe take us for a ride. Oritsuwa has been the one calming down the youths, we will bomb all the lines carrying crude from Ugborodo and turn the city of warri into Maiduguri. We are very accommodating, we are slow to anger but that should not be seen as weakness. We will make more money during the crises, Oritsuwa should allow our boys to go on rampage, that is the language FG understand. The ministry is now an Ijaw ministry but Itsekiri produce more oil than Ijaw in Delta State. If you go to the office, Ijaw is almost becoming the official language there. That is why we stand by Oduduwa Republic. Our brothers (Yorubas) cannot do this to us

Yes, they can't. Even the Edos can't. Why because they have ALWAYS believed in federalism through out their history. A live and let live society. As for me, NO TO ND REPUBLIC. The love of Oil will be what will kill us all. I know when the time comes the Uhrobos and Isokos will see things from that point of view.
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by Johndoe300: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2011
jason123:

Exactly!!!
The map is the future Niger delta republic. That is why I have been against it since day one!!! Ijaws will simply be the new "Hausas" in the so called utopian republic.
Yes, they can't. Even the Edos can't. Why because they have ALWAYS believed in federalism through out their history. A live and let live society. As for me, NO TO ND REPUBLIC. The love of Oil will be what will kill us all. I know when the time comes the Uhrobos and Isokos will see things from that point of view.

You are just a confused traitor. Do you even still remember where you are from? Or has the azz phucking you receive from your new masters addled your brain?
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by aljharem3: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2011
kpogede77:

u are joking right

who told u yorubas would not convert u all to yoruba speaking people

i think u need to visit lagos more

or maybe the apoi ijaw and arogbo ijaws who have not ijaw language again can explain coloniszation to u better

yoruba igbo ijaw hausa etc we all the same be in different pattern

the yoruba way is not be violence but but slow unnoticable colonization

hausa is by buying and selling

igbo is also the same like the yoruba

ijaw is by violence

igala is by ruling

we all are the same just different ways of colonization
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by aljharem3: 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2011
jason123:

Exactly!!!

maybe u need to read this

alj_harem:

u are joking right

who told u yorubas would not convert u all to yoruba speaking people

i think u need to visit lagos more

or maybe the apoi ijaw and arogbo ijaws who have not ijaw language again can explain coloniszation to u better

yoruba igbo ijaw hausa etc we all the same be in different pattern

the yoruba way is not be violence but but slow unnoticable colonization

hausa is by buying and selling

igbo is also the same like the yoruba

ijaw is by violence

igala is by ruling

we all are the same just different ways of colonization
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by jason123: 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2011
Johndoe300:

You are just a confused traitor. Do you even still remember where you are from? Or has the azz phucking you receive from your new masters addled your brain?
Niger delta republic will not exist. If it does, it will not last past the first year. Why,genocidal wars will be the bane of such republic!!!

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxfUXv7ROrbxXwDdUhMOc1m3svaGRWtS6Entm4MMxjf-RT-DcAG8OkrwfIiQ[/img]
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by jason123: 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2011
Johndeo100, take a look at that map and tell me how Ijaw land extended to warri?? Yet, Ijaws fought against Itsekiris as if they were the rightful owners. The led to thousands of people dead.
A few weeks ago, Ijaws went to Itsekiris villages , destroyed homes and properties, they then said "its a conquered territory"! shocked
Give me one reason, JUST ONE REASON, why I'll want Niger-delta republic??

That nD republic slogan is simply used to scared other Nigerians who are greedy for oil, not me.

Its either Southern Nigeria OR Oduduwa. If its really bad, then a republic with the Edos and Uhrobos will do!!!
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by naijaking1: 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2011
^^^
Don't forget the war between Itsekiris and Urhobos, between Ijaws and Urhobos, and Itsekiris bewteen Ijaws embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by aljharem3: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2011
naijaking1:

^^^
Don't forget the war between Itsekiris and Urhobos, between Ijaws and Urhobos, and Itsekiris bewteen Ijaws embarassed embarassed embarassed

LOL grin grin grin grin and yet they still want this "Niger-Delta republic" or "Southern Nigeria"
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by naijaking1: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL grin grin grin grin and yet they still want this "Niger-Delta republic" or "Southern Nigeria"

No need to LOL embarassed
There is no peace between the Hausa and the Kanuri either, nor between the Hausa and the Tiv, Nupe, Berom, etc embarassed embarassed embarassed
And still they don't have oil between them cool
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by aljharem3: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2011
naijaking1:

No need to LOL embarassed
There is no peace between the Hausa and the Kanuri either, nor between the Hausa and the Tiv, Nupe, Berom, etc embarassed embarassed embarassed
And still they don't have oil between them cool

yes o my brother there is need to LOL

i have been reading beaf, sangothor,kpegede, jason, etc all this SS people calling for southern Nigeria all this days. and I have been explaining to them that it would not work. yet they all would not only insult me but insult the whole North grin

now the reality has dawn on them how Ijaw is plotting to control the whole SS region from ondo to awka ibom.

Yes the north has there own problem we I know of very well

i know of hausa vs fulani

i know of kanuri vs hausa

berom vs hausa fulani

christians vs muslims

tiv vs fulani

etc

this i am aware of but there is still One thing that is sure. we can all live together

and u rarely see a true Northerner calling for a Northern Nigeria Nation unless he is talking to southerners ofcourse

we are not deluded like the SS people that are paranoid of yoruba and igbo and yet would still fall under Ijaw trap

talking of trapped between the devil and the deepblue sea

there best bet is to remain in ONE NIGERIA Insha Allah
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by kpogede77: 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2011
Point of correction, there is no war between Itsekiri and Urhobo. It is a misunderstanding between Okere community and Okumagba family, an Urhobo family that settled in Warri south. The Ugbukurusu, Ugboren and Obontie issue is like a family disagreement . Ife and Mudakeke are they not the same people? Ijaws have a genetic problem, they believe they own the riverine areas.  Urhobos have more population than Ijaw nation. Pure Ijaw is in Bayelsa and part of delta, The rest are not pure Ijaw.    

IT IS URHOBO VS IJAW
ITSEKIRI  VS IJAW  
EDO   VS IJAW IN GELEGELE
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by ektbear: 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2011
Delta State is Nigeria in miniature.

Before 2015, Delta State should be broken up into its component pieces as well.

Asaba State, the Ijaws merged with Bayelsa, an Urhobo/Isoko state, and an Itsekiri State.

From what I've learned, most of the oil sef in Delta is from Itsekiri.

So why the fvck are they sharing it with anyone else? They should pack up their "ball" (their oil) and go home.

Build heaven on earth in a new Itsekiri State.
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by aljharem3: 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2011
kpogede77:

Point of correction, there is no war between Itsekiri and Urhobo. It is a misunderstanding between Okere community and Okumagba family, an Urhobo family that settled in Warri south. The Ugbukurusu, Ugboren and Obontie issue is like a family disagreement . Ife and Mudakeke are they not the same people? Ijaws have a genetic problem, they believe they own the riverine areas.  Urhobos have more population than Ijaw nation. Pure Ijaw is in Bayelsa and part of delta, The rest are not pure Ijaw.    

IT IS URHOBO VS IJAW
ITSEKIRI  VS IJAW  
EDO   VS IJAW IN GELEGELE          

LOL sabi u be urhobo

can u kill ur fellow brother and still call it family fight undecided
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by aljharem3: 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

Delta State is Nigeria in miniature.

Before 2015, Delta State should be broken up into its component pieces as well.

Asaba State, the Ijaws merged with Bayelsa, an Urhobo/Isoko state, and an Itsekiri State.

From what I've learned, most of the oil sef in Delta is from Itsekiri.

So why the fvck are they sharing it with anyone else? They should pack up their "ball" (their oil) and go home.

Build heaven on earth in a new Itsekiri State.

Not happening

if itsekiri have there state then it will cut across ogun, lagos, ondo to delta because them and ijebu want to unite to form a state

looking at inter ethnic clash here if u ask me

moreover warri is itsekiri land but with the recent influx of ijaw and claiming territories then it will be a fight to the finish unless the itsekiri FULL JOIN YORUBALAND and openly claim that itsekiri is just another dialect of yoruba language

or else OPC can not help.
Re: The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us by ektbear: 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2011
Rename it whatever you like, just from existing Delta, create a mostly Itsekiri State.

Warri, you can draw a suitable border and divide up the city. Conceptually that should not be impossible to do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

30 Killed In Soldiers, Boko Haram Gun Fight / Soldiers Launch House-To-House Search In Niger / Anambra One Of The Most Developed State In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.