Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

[Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density (7172 Views)

Map Of Population Density In Nigeria / Population Density Map, SE most densely populated (pictures) / Nigeria’s Population Explosion Is Frightening - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by zeuss: 7:41am On Aug 01, 2021
when festus odimegwu was the chairman of census comm. under GEJ. he highlighted the falsehood as he said
“No census has been credible in Nigeria since
1816. Even the one conducted in 2006 is not
credible. I have the records and evidence
produced by scholars and professors of repute;
this is not my report. If the current laws are not
amended, the planned 2016 census will not
succeed,” the north went into hyper drive and had him sacked. GEJ was always trying to please them.

6 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Okoroawusa: 7:42am On Aug 01, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Okoroawusa is defending his people again, just like he always does while pretending to be Igbo. SMH!
Nwanna, I don't give a heck what the population of anywhere is, i am just voicing my frustrations with social media and bloggers news. By the time we finish reacting another rejoinder will make nonsense of our earlier reactions like yesterday about Saraki and EFCC yesterday.
Now look at this picture above... does it make sense to you as an educated person to react to without title?

1 Like

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Abagworo(m): 7:47am On Aug 01, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
How then does the North manufacture all the votes we counted in 2015 election?

Was INEC counting fingers and toes as voters.

Nigeria is a very big joke.

Population density is different from population in numbers. The most densely populated from the satelite are Lagos area, Port Harcourt area, Anambra/Imo area and Kano area. However the North consists of large expanse of sparsely populated area making it more populated than South.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by FreeIgbos: 7:47am On Aug 01, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Nwanna, I don't give a heck what the population of anywhere is, i am just voicing my frustrations with social media and bloggers news. By the time we finish reacting another rejoinder will make nonsense of our earlier reactions like yesterday about Saraki and EFCC yesterday.
Now look at this picture above... does it make sense to you as an educated person to react to without title?

Ana'kogheri, ako ihe na agba ka Moto!

But if it was an evidence to show that Northern Nigeria is the most populous region in Nigeria, you will immediately agree with it.

Enyia, the earlier you start accepting your abo.ki heritage, the better for everyone. After all, you're not the first abo.ki that can speak fluent Igbo. Sule that sells suya in my street also speaks fluent Igbo.

8 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Okoroawusa: 7:52am On Aug 01, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Ana'kogheri, ako ihe na agba ka Moto!

But if it was an evidence to show that Northern Nigeria is the most populous region in Nigeria, you will immediately agree with it.

Enyia, the earlier you start accepting your abo.ki heritage, the better for everyone. After all, you're not the first abo.ki that can speak fluent Igbo. Sule that sells suya in my street also speaks fluent Igbo.
I thought we could have a civil conversation because I rarely reply mentions on Nairaland but I guess I was wrong. Take care.
Yagaziere gi.
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by FreeIgbos: 7:58am On Aug 01, 2021
Okoroawusa:

I thought we could have a civil conversation because I rarely reply mentions on Nairaland but I guess I was wrong. Take care.
Yagaziere gi.

Ranka deede, Alhaji. Nagode!!

3 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 01, 2021
Unlettered:
Bunch of low life commenting how they have more population than the north or how they imported their cousins.

Kill yourselves if you cant take it.

I dont know how y’ll sleep and wake up with so much hatred in your hearts and still expect to live pass 50.

How many threads have you seen “northerners” reply your bullshit?! Yet you believe they re your enemies. Pray to God to cure such darkness in your hearts.

The fact that ya’ll dont even know the difference between NC NW and NE says alot about majority of people with bigoted hearts on NL. Its like saying all southerners have same language. Sigh

Say rubbish and be schooled yo

Who cares about what you have to say?

Is this image a personal thought?
Who cares about language, north is "nothing" but North. Are you sure of living pass 25?

Bandits don't think so

3 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by obaaderemi: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2021
horsepower102:
Sometime in the 2010s the French scientists used their satellite to look at Nigeria and came to the same conclusion that Nigeria’s population doesn’t match what is reported on paper and that the north is grossly underpopulated as they claimed.

I know some people will bring the nonsense multiple wives argument. But that doesn’t make sense if you mathematically think about it.

When you marry 4 wives, you are simply denying 3 young men wives to marry.
You are wise.
And when you marry 4 wives, you reduce the fertility rate of the women. A woman who might have 5 kids if married in a monogamous marriage, is unlikely to have more than 3 if she is in a polygamous marriage.

Nigeria's population is overstated. We are far less than the 200m touted.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by pointstores(m): 8:06am On Aug 01, 2021
Nawa
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Chibuezem(m): 8:08am On Aug 01, 2021
Unlettered:
Bunch of low life commenting how they have more population than the north or how they imported their cousins.

I dont know how y’ll sleep and wake up with so much hatred in your hearts and still expect to live pass 50.

How many threads have you seen “northerners” reply your bullshit?! Yet you believe they re your enemies. Pray to God to cure such darkness in your hearts.

The fact that ya’ll dont even know the difference between NC NW and NE says alot about majority of people with bigoted hearts on NL. Its like saying all southerners have same language. Sigh

For your mind you don speak sense

3 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by FakeUnity: 8:16am On Aug 01, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Very huge joke I tell u! They imported their cjousins and relatives from Niger Republic & Chad Republic to vote in the election. Not only to vote but also readied, prepared to cause mayhem incase the presidential result did not go their way!

Now they metamorphosed into the terrorists and bandit insecurity cankerworm being witnessed today.

But yorubas supported all the electoral criminality the foolanis committed in 2015.

When we screamed about illegal child voters in the north, yorubas shouted 'sai baba!'

When we shouted about the influx of aliens through Niger, getting voters card in nigeria, yorubas chanted 'change'.

When we told them that foolanis won't relinquish power that easy, yorubas shouted 'March4Buhari! and bragged about the population of the Kano, Kaduna, Katsina alone wiping out votes in the South East and SS.

Midolian, ramdeuter, maclantunji, seunmsg, guestlander, legendhero, do I have an elephant memory or not?

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by coolzeal(m): 8:21am On Aug 01, 2021
You guys forget things easily. It's on this platform we saw how alamajiris and kids below 18, with voters card queued up to vote. A massive voting scam is rampant in the North and we need electronic voting.

Note: It's only in Nigeria that an arid or desert region is more populated than the rain forest region. Think folks.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Norwichsailor(m): 8:24am On Aug 01, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Leave North.
See how empty South West is asides Lagos. South East is more densely populated than South West and densely populated areas mean urban areas.

But Afonjas will be screaming Ibadan upandan like early morning Cocks. See as Ibadan, Abeokuta, Osogbo dry like olosho puna.

We're looking at this as north vs south for now. When we're done we can continue our internal southern squabbles when our common enemy is dealt with. Use your head for once

2 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Commentor: 8:28am On Aug 01, 2021
Population density means concentration within a confined space.

What if the space is broad?
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 01, 2021
Illiterates don't know the difference between population density and population census. Stupid flatin0s, ipob nyamiris are career fools.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by RiceProducers: 8:33am On Aug 01, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
How then does the North manufacture all the votes we counted in 2015 election?

Was INEC counting fingers and toes as voters.

Nigeria is a very big joke.
Intensity. Divide the population by the area of land they are in. I am sure you went to school.
1. The north is bigger in area so pop density would be lower generally.
2. Cities have more population density than rural areas
3. There are seasonal migrations for religious reasons, farming seasons ET. C that color the picture somewhat.
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by greenguy: 8:33am On Aug 01, 2021
All these things are scam. Election is close so we expect topics like this, density, number, geographical size etc. Scams. They should carry out a census and count us electronically. Enough of this quota war.
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by lamentor78(m): 8:38am On Aug 01, 2021
The truth will come out one day, the north is not as much in population as they make us believe, I have worked in 6 core northern states all they have is land mass with scanty population, that is why you will see minor voting during election

1 Like

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 01, 2021
Obamaofusa:

Everybody knows the SW has the highest number of people in Nigeria esecially because of Lagos...

Some people dey take prolonged fallacy as fact.

Did you see the image?

It's not a personal thought, it's a satellite imagery
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 01, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Yagaziere gi.

A thorough look at this "Take care" yagaziere gi proves him right.

Even saaud that shines shoe in my area speaks more than you. We nicknamed him nwa mba because of his tribal mark, and he likes the name

2 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by MOTOPARK: 10:25am On Aug 01, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Leave North.
See how empty South West is asides Lagos. South East is more densely populated than South West and densely populated areas mean urban areas.

But Afonjas will be screaming Ibadan upandan like early morning Cocks. See as Ibadan, Abeokuta, Osogbo dry like olosho puna.

kindly make your points without being abusive
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by IjapaTiroko: 10:38am On Aug 01, 2021
I just updated the main post. Kindly read again before commenting.
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by mujahid777(m): 11:49am On Aug 01, 2021
yanabasee1:

It's been like this from the unset....

The North hiked up it's population to cheat South on everything.... Both on regional benefits to political benefits to world donations ...

You dare not expose them....

With the scores so far from Boko Haram, the North should be a deserted place... but yet, they keep telling us how Kano is terrorist-free and how Kano state is over-populated..

When it's bad, the point Thor fingers to the south... When it's beneficial they claim it ..

They rated the south as the most corrupt region while battling to safe Abba Kyari from FBI's claws....
I'm curious how they were able to detect population density from merely using satellite?
BK casualties still represents a tiny fraction of borno state let alone North.
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by OutOfContext: 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
horsepower102:
Personally, I believe that the most populated group in Nigeria if real census is ever conducted is igbos.

1) Go to igbo land and not just only south east and count the population.

2) Go to other communities in Nigeria, usually the highest population outside of the indigenes tend to be igbos.

3) count the number of Nigerians in the diaspora except for UK and Italy, igbos tend to be the highest In number.

If you Truly count all these without any hate in your heart or bias towards the igbos, you will come to the conclusion that Igbos are the most populated group in Nigeria
From Igbo bearu of statistics grin
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by OutOfContext: 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Leave North.

Osu Ipob pig in pain coward ipob pigs wailers grin
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by OutOfContext: 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2021
FakeUnity:

But yorubas supported all the electoral criminality the foolanis committed in 2015.

When we screamed about illegal child voters in the north, yorubas shouted 'sai baba!'

When we shouted about the influx of aliens through Niger, getting voters card in nigeria, yorubas chanted 'change'.

When we told them that foolanis won't relinquish power that easy, yorubas shouted 'March4Buhari! and bragged about the population of the Kano, Kaduna, Katsina alone wiping out votes in the South East and SS.

Midolian, ramdeuter, maclantunji, legendhero, do I have an elephant memory or not?

grin
Ipob flatis cheesy is Atiku no more cuming grin grin

2 Likes

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Misterone: 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2021
coolzeal:
You guys forget things easily. It's on this platform we saw how alamajiris and kids below 18, with voters card queued up to vote. A massive voting scam is rampant in the North and we need electronic voting.

Note: [b]It's only in Nigeria that an arid or desert region is more populated than the rain forest region. [/b]Think folks.
hmmm! Is it not a shame and a disgrace to the south that your claimed arid region is where the food that feeds the nation comes from! What does that tell you?
That aside, this your satellite imagery is a scam why, 1. The map of Nigeria is not drawn to scale. If it were, you will see that that dense area in the east is very small because the whole SE region is not even as big as kogi state 2. Take a look at the map, the Abuja and kaduna area are not densely populated, why? This shows that this is an old map or the map is not actually for population density but something else. All maps have titles to help understand their intentions but this one has non. OP is an IPoB with secessionist propaganda in mind.
Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by Harddiskng(m): 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2021
Unlettered:

Sadly enough this is the level of low thinking in most Nigerians. Mentally incompetent.

Even a kid can point to where there is the most population density on that map. Instead of you to start a line of intelligent conversation along this to disprove it, you start another nonsense argument based on tribalism or religion or some other baseless nonsense.

People like Oga they have eyes and your brain is connected to it (I am not too sure at this point). Will never stop to think about that evidence presented before pouring out their nonsense. Smh

1 Like

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by OfoIgbo: 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2021
From those maps, you can also see that Ibibios far outnumber Ijaws.

From those maps, there is no way Ijaws are up to 5 million, let alone 17 million that is being fraudulently bandied about.

Some days ago, before this satellite population density map became available, I made an educated guess that Ijaws will probably be numbering around 3.5 million, and these maps seem to be backing my standpoint.

The maps clearly show that Ibibios are definitely the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria. Data of this nature don't lie.

I expect Ijaws to be in the top ten largest ethnic groups in Nigeria though

Kano that seems to be enjoying the most densely populated status in the north, possibly has more than a million Igbo inhabitants. When the other southerners who live in Kano (Yorubas and SS people) who probably number another one million, are removed from the northern count, along with the Igbo inhabitants of Kano, the population density there will drastically reduce to Sokoto levels.

1 Like

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by naijapips02: 1:06pm On Aug 01, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Oga how does social media fake news correlate with the data presented here? You just want to deflect the discussion.

The link to the data source was posted. Go and make your own research and don't try to be clever by half.

It is not every ciritisism of Nigeria's current deceit that is against your APC paymasters. Sometimes apply sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density by naijapips02: 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
1211e:
[s][/s]

Nnamdi Kanu is another saviour. Holy holy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Collaborate With Isreal On Poverty Reduction, Youth Development / The Future Of Niger-delta "republic"-n-delta Ministry Marginalises Us / Anambra One Of The Most Developed State In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.