Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White (18919 Views)

Arsenal Completes The £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender Ben White / Arsenal Agree £50 Million Deal For Brighton Defender, Ben White / Nicolas Pepe Pictured In London Colney, Arsenal Completes 72m Signing (photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by majamajic(m): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Let's talk by the end of the season

I can give u 10 teams that will stay above arsenal after week 38 , we don't need to wait till May , Spurs, Liverpool , Leeds, man City , man Utd, Chelsea, Leicester, wolves, Southampton, west Ham

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by fredoooooo: 9:42am On Aug 01, 2021
English players and overprice grin
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by BadEnglish(m): 9:52am On Aug 01, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Bet your ass we win the Premier League this season

I can even bet the Lifeless Vegetable in Aso rock confidently. Lmao

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by JordanMichael(m): 9:54am On Aug 01, 2021
Ben black abi white Arsenal are still a yoke grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:59am On Aug 01, 2021
majamajic:

I can give u 10 teams that will stay above arsenal after week 38 , we don't need to wait till May , Spurs, Liverpool , Leeds, man City , man Utd, Chelsea, Leicester, wolves, Southampton, west Ham

Even last season that we were bad, only seven teams stayed above us, we also beat Chelsea home and away, win at Old Trafford

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:01am On Aug 01, 2021
Luisema4luv:

you are still not getting the point, it is not the player but the amount involved for that particular player, you think if they bought a kounde for 50m, or say a varane for 60m or even a mings for 40m that people will complain like this?. He is a 15m player arsenal overpaid for sir.... Dax d point

Why do you say he's £15m player?
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 01, 2021
Kriss216:
England with their overhyped and over rated players.

OGA, Pepe was bought for £72m and not £99m
As for ben white, he is worth the money. The lad is good.

How in demon's name is this guy worth £50M
Person wey never play UCL for em life cheesy cheesy

Assnal is always good at making nonsense and useless signings. Can't still believe they bought Pepe for 99M.
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by IgboWarlord(m): 10:26am On Aug 01, 2021
Dikaveli:
A club that won't travel by air this season afford a player of 50million i think FBI, mi6,kbg, CIA should invite arsenal for questioning.

What you are saying is,all the English(or Welsh) cities they'll be travelling to during the EPL,FA CUP and EFL,the trips will be made by road,rail or sea? undecided undecided...So an EPL club the size of Arsenal will travel from London(in the South) to Newcastle(In the North)by the aforementioned means??Have sense kwanu.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Dikaveli(m): 10:27am On Aug 01, 2021
IgboWarlord:

What you are saying is,all the English(or Welsh) cities they'll be travelling to during the EPL,FA CUP and EFL,the trips will be made by road,rail or sea? undecided undecided...So an EPL club the size of Arsenal will travel from London(in the South) to Newcastle(In the North)by the aforementioned means??Have sense kwanu.

Before nko
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Dikaveli(m): 10:28am On Aug 01, 2021
IgboWarlord:

You are in your shit hole nigeria you dont know how things work here
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by IgboWarlord(m): 10:29am On Aug 01, 2021
obembet:

grin grin grin

E shocked me too... Over one week now, I never see am here

One week ke?..He was just unveiled.
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by IgboWarlord(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2021
Dikaveli:

You are in your shit hole nigeria you dont know how things work here

See mugu..Have you been to Cotonou before?..My point is, EPL clubs have the means to make their players focus solely on their job,such distances will be flown..See mugu wannabe,who dash you U.K..

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Okoyouth: 11:02am On Aug 01, 2021
Gradually forgetting about Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by FahBuLous: 11:28am On Aug 01, 2021
£50million for Ben White??
What kind of fuckery is this??
England players are over priced abeg angry angry
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by adonainana: 11:47am On Aug 01, 2021
generalwo:
..... Dybala was signed from a team that was relegated that season..... Don't forget, he's not the only one playing defence for Brighton..... Arsenal saw something in him that you didn't see so I suggest you allow them be.... If you can't be happy for them, look the other way.... There are thousands of football club you can support..... No be must to support arsenal

embarassed chai it’s now if I can’t be happy for them I should allow them to be... omo epl would start soon now, when the goals start coming in like gunshots, just sad my team that I have known since 1999, from the greats of the invisibles now to justifying another callum chambers saying he was not the only in Brighton defense

Ewey
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by adonainana: 11:50am On Aug 01, 2021
RolexOfGeneva:

Great players are sometimes plucked from obscurity. Riyad Mahrez, a then unknown player in Le Havre, an unknown team in the French league signed for Leicester City and took the EPL by storm.
Same with many others including Kante who never made a professional appearance until he was 21.
Allow Ben White to kick a ball for Arsenal first b4 judging him.

Tbh unknown players can come from abroad and perform in the epl cos no one knows them and their talent.

Benwhite is not a great player and is just at best a low level defender like anyone else you know this by watching him play for Brighton and when he was on loan out too

He is not worth £50 million, other teams are signing Varane, Arsenal are signing Ben white and remember Arsenal are meant to be a top 4 team ooo
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by adonainana: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2021
generalwo:
... I think Pepe is settling in.... Smith Rowe will contribute more than 20 goals and saka is a threat too... My only problem is with aubamenyang and lacazatte.... But aubamenyang is very unpredictable..... He may end up having a great season..... I hope that's the case this new season....

Smith Rowe 20 goals, una just be deceiving yourself. Against which opposition is aiming row going to score 20 goals.

Let man city catch you people first, when your leg don’t touch the ball for like the first 80 minutes then you will tell me where you want to see 1 goal in a match from more less 20 goals from one arsenal player
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Luisema4luv(m): 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Why do you say he's £15m player?

Because he is average, if we mention best cbs in epl, u won't see him in top 10 daz not factoring injuries, that was why he couldn't even play a single min in the just concluded euros
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by generalwo(m): 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2021
adonainana:

Smith Rowe 20 goals, una just be deceiving yourself. Against which opposition is aiming row going to score 20 goals.

Let man city catch you people first, when your leg don’t touch the ball for like the first 80 minutes then you will tell me where you want to see 1 goal in a match from more less 20 goals from one arsenal player
..... Maybe you should focus more on understanding English sha... Goal contribution doesn't mean he'll score 20 goals.... It includes both goals and assists..... Last season in 22 appearances ( both starts and sub appearances) he has 2 goals and 4 assists... Now if he's given the nod to start permanently, he will do more..... He's still young and have so much room for improvement....... Talking about man city, you're speaking as if man city have never lost to arsenal both in recent times and in the past....... They are not invincible and football is not rocket science..... Anybody can beat anybody
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by generalwo(m): 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2021
adonainana:

embarassed chai it’s now if I can’t be happy for them I should allow them to be... omo epl would start soon now, when the goals start coming in like gunshots, just sad my team that I have known since 1999, from the greats of the invisibles now to justifying another callum chambers saying he was not the only in Brighton defense

Ewey
..... When arsenal signed eboue, did you know him before then? Which club did Pires play for before u knew him at arsenal? Oga.... Ben white is a decent defender by all standards..... It's not bad if arsenal has a depth in the defense area..... Ben white is an upgrade to the average defenders at arsenal right now...... My question is... When arsenal were not signing players, u guys were complaining..... They signed ozil.... U guys complained..... Now they have signed a 50m defender u guys are still complaining.... What will the club do that you guys won't complain? Sign Lewandowski or Ronaldo or Messi?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
Luisema4luv:

Because he is average, if we mention best cbs in epl, u won't see him in top 10 daz not factoring injuries, that was why he couldn't even play a single min in the just concluded euros

He's average that's why he couldn't play? If that's the case then;

Sancho is average

Locatelli is average

Belloti is average

Housem Aouar is average

Because they didn't feature that much, unless there's injury, you don't usually replace defenders or goalkeepers

You know nothing about football at all, go watch him very well, go check his toughness against opponents and calmness on the ball

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by adonainana: 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
generalwo:
..... When arsenal signed eboue, did you know him before then? Which club did Pires play for before u knew him at arsenal? Oga.... Ben white is a decent defender by all standards..... It's not bad if arsenal has a depth in the defense area..... Ben white is an upgrade to the average defenders at arsenal right now...... My question is... When arsenal were not signing players, u guys were complaining..... They signed ozil.... U guys complained..... Now they have signed a 50m defender u guys are still complaining.... What will the club do that you guys won't complain? Sign Lewandowski or Ronaldo or Messi?

Sign the right players for the right amount, ask yourself a question why didnt anyone see Ben white and offer 50 million pounds for him. Shey is it not the same opponents Arsenal would face for the top 4. This same Ben white, i dont think anyone else in the top 4 would sign him and if at all anyone signed him, i dont think they would sign him for up to 10 miliion pounds .

This is how you know serious title contenders and the ones who need top 4 seriously than the ones who probably dont know what they are doing yet.

Dont know what happened to Arsenal man, it used to be a serious club and things werent this bad when Arsene Wenger was even about to leave.

Final question whose top team in the teams that finished in the first 8 that you think Ben white would break into thier first team squad.

Infact if guardiola mistakenly sees him in his training ground he can get him arrested, thats how desperate some teams are for glory.

Its so funny people are now beginning to forget how big Arsenal Football Club was, its so annoying
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by adonainana: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
generalwo:
..... Maybe you should focus more on understanding English sha... Goal contribution doesn't mean he'll score 20 goals.... It includes both goals and assists..... Last season in 22 appearances ( both starts and sub appearances) he has 2 goals and 4 assists... Now if he's given the nod to start permanently, he will do more..... He's still young and have so much room for improvement....... Talking about man city, you're speaking as if man city have never lost to arsenal both in recent times and in the past....... They are not invincible and football is not rocket science..... Anybody can beat anybody

Anybody can beat anybody and 9 out of 10 times, Man city would beat Arsenal, And how you want Smith Rowe to get 20 Goal contribution from, i dont know ooo, against which opposition, hope not epl opponents sha
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by generalwo(m): 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
adonainana:

Anybody can beat anybody and 9 out of 10 times, Man city would beat Arsenal, And how you want Smith Rowe to get 20 Goal contribution from, i dont know ooo, against which opposition, hope not epl opponents sha
.... Man city have only won 58 times against arsenal and arsenal have won 90 plus times against city.... I don't know what you're watching bro but arsenal still has the edge over man city..... Arsenal is the team that have secured the most victories against man city..... And as for Smith rowe.... He's young and he's talented..... Most of his goals and assists have come against epl opposition so maybe u should think again before you underate him

Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by generalwo(m): 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2021
adonainana:

Sign the right players for the right amount, ask yourself a question why didnt anyone see Ben white and offer 50 million pounds for him. Shey is it not the same opponents Arsenal would face for the top 4. This same Ben white, i dont think anyone else in the top 4 would sign him and if at all anyone signed him, i dont think they would sign him for up to 10 miliion pounds .

This is how you know serious title contenders and the ones who need top 4 seriously than the ones who probably dont know what they are doing yet.

Dont know what happened to Arsenal man, it used to be a serious club and things werent this bad when Arsene Wenger was even about to leave.

Final question whose top team in the teams that finished in the first 8 that you think Ben white would break into thier first team squad.

Infact if guardiola mistakenly sees him in his training ground he can get him arrested, thats how desperate some teams are for glory.

Its so funny people are now beginning to forget how big Arsenal Football Club was, its so annoying
.. The same Pep was the one that signed John stones from Everton even without the kid playing champions league football.... Man u signed maguire from championship without playing champions league football.... Or have u forgotten where Liverpool signed Robertson from? It's from hull city..... Where did man u sign Daniel James from....... Championship..... Arsenal have done nothing wrong in trusting a 23 year old defender who was one of the stand out performers in an underwhelming season for Brighton...... There are alot of players who have been signed with the hope that they will come good when they mix up with big players....... Leroy sane was playing for schalke 04 before he was snapped up by man city.... Dybala was playing for Palermo before he was snapped up by juve...... The list goes on and on..... I think the kid should be judged at the end of the season and not when the season has not even started and as for the epl top 8......ben white will break into Leicester first team because he's as good evans and better than fofana.... Ben white is better than all WESTHAM defenders and he will walk into their team........ As for the top 4,ben white will not break into the first team because they already have very good and seasoned defenders.... He will most likely be used as a back up but arsenal on the other hand doesn't have world class defenders so Ben white given his experiences in English football will be a reasonable upgrade to what arsenal have at the moment..... Arsenal are still in the process of building and at 23....ben white is a great buy for arsenal.... He has age on his side and years of experience in English football
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Luisema4luv(m): 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

He's average that's why he couldn't play? If that's the case then;

Sancho is average

Locatelli is average

Belloti is average

Housem Aouar is average

Because they didn't feature that much, unless there's injury, you don't usually replace defenders or goalkeepers

You know nothing about football at all, go watch him very well, go check his toughness against opponents and calmness on the ball

they all played a part in the tournament, please name the match ur mcm played in the tournament sir, mr "i knw all about football".....i play fpl so i knw him very well even v4 ur club even thought of signing him nd i can b tell u boldly i have watched him play more than u knw..... Stop being too emotional and make analyses lik somebody that watches football.... Peace bro
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by BobbyZrealist(m): 2:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kriss216:
England with their overhyped and over rated players.

How in demon's name is this guy worth £50M
Person wey never play UCL for em life cheesy cheesy

Assnal is always good at making nonsense and useless signings. Can't still believe they bought Pepe for 99M.

Pepe is £72 Million.
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2021
Luisema4luv:

they all played a part in the tournament, please name the match ur mcm played in the tournament sir, mr "i knw all about football".....i play fpl so i knw him very well even v4 ur club even thought of signing him nd i can b tell u boldly i have watched him play more than u knw..... Stop being too emotional and make analyses lik somebody that watches football.... Peace bro

You know nothing about him, fpl is bullshiit, it doesn't make you have understanding of football analysis
Re: Arsenal Completes £50 Million Signing Of Brighton Defender, Ben White by Gfskw: 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2021
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sagna: We Are Aware Of Nigeria's Threat / Chelsea Propose Lukaku Plus Cash Deal For Osimhen Transfer / Africa Born Footballers Playing For Non-african Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.