Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

When JESUS Said " FOLLOW ME" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When JESUS Said " FOLLOW ME" (169 Views)

Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" / 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting / Jesus Said Do Not Marry For The Sake Of The Kingdom Of Heaven! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When JESUS Said " FOLLOW ME" by 4tomandchi: 7:04am On Aug 01, 2021
Luk 14:33 KJV. (33) So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

This was such an urgent mission that there would be no time even for grieving the dead:

Mat 8:19-22 NIV. (19) Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go." (20) Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." (21) Another disciple said to him, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father." (22) But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."
When JESUS said "FOLLOW ME" he did not mix his words it was very clear, you cannot server two masters at a time.

With rising societal influence on every day Life can one truly leave everything behind and follow Jesus the way the Apostle did?

It is a really had but simple question every Christian should answer.
Re: When JESUS Said " FOLLOW ME" by MadamVanessa(f): 7:04am On Aug 01, 2021
Not in today's world.

Even they so called men of God that are parading themselves as God's servant are not genuine . False prophets and teachers all of them are.

1 Like

Re: When JESUS Said " FOLLOW ME" by Kobojunkie: 7:16am On Aug 01, 2021
4tomandchi:
Luk 14:33 KJV. (33) So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

This was such an urgent mission that there would be no time even for grieving the dead:

Mat 8:19-22 NIV. (19) Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go." (20) Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." (21) Another disciple said to him, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father." (22) But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."
When JESUS said "FOLLOW ME" he did not mix his words it was very clear, you cannot server two masters at a time.

With rising societal influence on every day Life can one truly leave everything behind and follow Jesus the way the Apostle did?

It is a really had but simple question every Christian should answer.
Yes one can indeed leave everything behind the follow Jesus Christ even in today's world, and those who are truly willing to abandon it all for His sake will be helped by Him in accomplishing just that.
Recall when Jesus Christ was asked if it is possible for a rich man to enter into Heaven , Jesus Christ said, "... With God all things are possible." undecided

And yes,one truly must abandon it all for one to have any hope of entering into His Heaven. Luke 13 vs 43 - 46 tells us two parables to support this very teaching of Jesus Christ. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

September, The Month Of What? / What Nigerians Are Saying As Rev. Chris Okotie Describes Late TB Joshua As A Mag / Profile History: Read Amazing Things About Apst Johnson Suleman U Life Know Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.