Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? (2563 Views)

Malami Asks US To Extradite Azuka Jebose For Defaming Ned Nwoko / Ex-Army Chief, Buratai Lobbies Beninese Government To Extradite Sunday Igboho / Diezani Ordered By Court To Return To Nigeria For Prosecution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by ImmaculateSpenc: 1:04pm On Aug 01, 2021
Techsavvy1:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders, I was reading an article today on punch newspaper and I saw this statement or question that caught my attention "can the United States of America Extradite any Top ranging US FBI agent or police to Nigeria for illegal prosecution?"

There has been instances where white American police kill black Americans and the US court in most cases sweeps it under carpet.

Was US suppose to kill the Iranian army general? Why didn't they arrest him and try him in court?

I'm not trying to defend Abba kyari or Nigerian government, in fact Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world but he who leaves in a glass house should not throw stones.

The America that I know can never in this life extradite its top ranking Officer to "ANY" country of the world for criminal trial. And if any country tries to forcefully extradite any American citizen, The US will declare war.

They can ban Abba Kyari From entering United States but asking Nigeria to hand him off is an insult the same way Nigeria United States will consider it an insult if another country makes such demand on their top officer.

Then its act of weakness if Nigeria should give Abba Kyari away.

Recall that recently Nigeria bought over 6 combatant fighter jets from US. Will this break the relationship between the two countries? Can Nigeria do without United States? Should Nigeria risky becoming enemy of US because of Abba Kyari? Does Abba Kyari worth the Risk?

Watch video of top Lawyer revealing the Implications of Abba Kyari case on Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsheKxDrD7o

Why not come out straight and tell us that fraud isn’t a crime. You don’t sound intelligent. He robbed aided and abetted crime against American citizens and you’re talking rubbish.
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by History555: 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
Techsavvy1:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders, I was reading an article today on punch newspaper and I saw this statement or question that caught my attention "can the United States of America Extradite any Top ranging US FBI agent or police to Nigeria for illegal prosecution?"

There has been instances where white American police kill black Americans and the US court in most cases sweeps it under carpet.

Was US suppose to kill the Iranian army general? Why didn't they arrest him and try him in court?

I'm not trying to defend Abba kyari or Nigerian government, in fact Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world but he who leaves in a glass house should not throw stones.

The America that I know can never in this life extradite its top ranking Officer to "ANY" country of the world for criminal trial. And if any country tries to forcefully extradite any American citizen, The US will declare war.

They can ban Abba Kyari From entering United States but asking Nigeria to hand him off is an insult the same way Nigeria United States will consider it an insult if another country makes such demand on their top officer.

Then its act of weakness if Nigeria should give Abba Kyari away.

Recall that recently Nigeria bought over 6 combatant fighter jets from US. Will this break the relationship between the two countries? Can Nigeria do without United States? Should Nigeria risky becoming enemy of US because of Abba Kyari? Does Abba Kyari worth the Risk?

Watch video of top Lawyer revealing the Implications of Abba Kyari case on Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsheKxDrD7o

How can you compare America to Nigeria haba!!
America that sanction Russia and China
Can Nigeria sanction common benin republic or Niger
America can impose sanctions that bans Nigeria from international financial system and selling its crude oil.
It can freeze assets of govt officials and friends. Once freezing of assets is mentioned, watch Nigeria govt begin to panic
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Lovelive: 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
If any FBI is caught in a fraud or linked to a fraud case... FBI will extradite the top agent to go answer for it's crime... You can't be a top agent and be doing fraud....

And FBI will never appoint a fraudulent person to be a top agent without keeping such a person on check.... [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Lovelive: 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2021
Frontail:
First of all NO !
The US would tell you that they Have the Best Justice system & the Best Human Rights Records on Earth ! Finished ! cool

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

cool
#IstandwithAbbaKyari#
Any day anytime cool cool cool
Nooooo ! Sheyyykkkiiiieee cool cool cool

Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by joedave(m): 1:19pm On Aug 01, 2021
mytime24:
FBI will investigate their member nd if found guilty, yes they'll extradite him,
Not like zoo corntree where ur presidency said d leak video of gandollar is Photoshop

Are you sure about this? And can you kindly give one or two instances that support such extradition willingness from FBI of it's topmost agent in times past?

Thanks
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by seunmsg(m): 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2021
ProfAmaben:

You are very daft sir and know nothing about international law. If anyone (regardless of position) commits a crime physically or via proxy against any nation, they can be extradited. Ask yourself this question, would anyone be talking about extradition if Kyari didn't involve himself with crime? How can you claim to be a cop and clearly philander with people of questionable character?

I'm not surprised that people like you would come out to defend a criminal, you've never experienced what a sane country looks or feels like, not your fault in anyway, although we won't let people like you destroy this country for the future generations.

So, why did the US refuse to hand over Dick Cheney to Nigeria when he was charged to court by EFCC for bribery over the Halliburton scandal?

4 Likes

Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by joedave(m): 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
For real, FBI wouldn't do that! Their primary concern will bother on national security. Because if such agent as Kyari is to Nigeria what the FBI agent is to US, a lot of damage can be done, so much horse trading will take place. They will eventually kill the matter before it gets out. There are more delicate informations that can be leaked if such FBI agent of top notch is handed out let's say even to first world countries like Germany, Russia, UK etc. America won't do this....just forget it. But then, it's not to say, the agent can't be relieved and mindfully tried.

Between, my point is on the thread's question and not agitating for Kyari not to be legally profiled by Nigeria and sent to US to defend himself.
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by joedave(m): 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
yanabasee1:

If any FBI is caught in a fraud or linked to a fraud case... FBI will extradite the top agent to go answer for it's crime... You can't be a top agent and be doing fraud....

And FBI will never appoint a fraudulent person to be a top agent without keeping such a person on check....

Yinmu! cool Meaning I stroke my nose!

Many individuals who have clean record later got corrupted one way or another by the institution they serve! Not limiting this to Police or Customs worldwide alone, but all public service. They play along due to many reasons either in Africa or Western world, don't ask why but you should know it happens everywhere except you're not hitting on the truth. So don't say FBI can never employ a rogue agent! His initial record before comissioning him might have been clean and that don't make him forever clean that he couldn't compromise till he's decommissioned!

To the bolded "WHO SAYS SOMEONE CAN NOT REMAIN CLEAN ALL THROUGH HIS STEWARDSHIP"! There's always sacrifice to pay therefrom though.
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Danjikanbauchi: 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
favor914:
Their cops are well trained? Zombie, so who killed George Floyd?
the person that killed Floyd is in prison sir, can we say same things to the killer of Apo 6 ? Can we even say same thing to the leki massacres ? North has been protecting and covering evil committed by their brothers and that's fueling terrorism here.
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Bundaweber: 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
Mikecold:
Op, firstly you mentioned killing of Iran general, these are instructions given by the president

They did national assignment and should hold the USA as a country not the police, military.

Have there been arrest of USA soldiers ofcourse John McCain and many others were detained and trialed by other nations but USA negotiated

(90% of the time the detainees are carrying out national assignment and not fraud where USA sides them)

American white cop killing black american should they give the cop to Ghana to persecute because i dont know when Nigerian cops bad behaviours had any business with USA if it concern only Nigeria citizens.

American can never extradite it's top agents who do crimes abroad but you haven't given us any example yet

Jose Irizarry
Daniel Garcia and a host of others
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by joedave(m): 2:08pm On Aug 01, 2021
Bundaweber:

Jose Irizarry
Daniel Garcia and a host of others

These examples cited where convicted inside America! Even Garcia had been released after over 2 decade.

The guy you quoted harped on non extradition of top notch American agents of repute to other nations
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Lovelive: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2021
Straight forward "NO"
For the simple reason that they (Top officials and their politicians) are not corrupted as ours

Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2021
Aidejay:
NEVER!

USA can never hand over her citizen, even ICJ in hague has never successfully tensioned america to hand over her citizens not to talk of another country.

But, nobody is saying naija gov't should hand over abba na. We're saying for the sake of fairness and to protect the Nigerian image, the same way Allen Onyeama was asked to hand himself over and clear his name. Abba too should go and clear his name.

I will even contribute to a GoFundMe for his airplane ticket.
The treaty sign by both Nigeria and USwarrant Nigeria the right to ask for extradition of US citizen found wanting by Nigeria but the issue is will they hand him over, is it necessary to handover someone to another nation when u have similar institutions working just like in their country?
This is a deliberate, manipulative pact signed by US to test the sovereignty of other Nations or to punish criminals from country's with poor justice system.
However, US is the biggest violator of ICC rules, US isn't a member of countries that sign pact that established ICC as such their citizens can't be arrested in some countries. Today, J.W Bush can't go to some countries in the world because he'll be intercepted and charged for war cries against humanity in Iraq, Afghanistan and torture of prisoners at Guantanamou Bey, Cuba

1 Like

Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Exponential101: 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2021
Who did Nigeria do that to ?!
Elvictor:
Can Us "extradite" her citizens because they did Yahoo, if no. Why did Nigeria government always do such?
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Idiotmod: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2021
yanabasee1:

And FBI will never appoint a fraudulent person to be a top agent without keeping such a person on check....
USA can’t extradite top officials because they know they are valuable. They would rather deal with in their own way
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by emmy512: 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2021
Daft comparisons
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Christistruth00: 3:54pm On Aug 01, 2021
ImmaculateSpenc:

Why not come out straight and tell us that fraud isn’t a crime. You don’t sound intelligent. He robbed aided and abetted crime against American citizens and you’re talking rubbish.

Whatever is good for the Goose is good for the Gander

https://dailypost.ng/2019/08/23/nigeria-extradite-80-citizens-accused-fraud-usa-dabiri-erewa/

Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Owologbo(m): 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2021
Techsavvy1:

I'm not trying to defend any corrupt officer or country. My question is whether American can accept to Extradite a top ranking FBI agent to any country?
Can you give an example of a top rank FBI agent involved in a crime?
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Depressed101: 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
seunmsg:
Never. Dick Cheney committed a similar crime to what they have accused Abba Kyari of and he was never handed over to Nigeria despite the court case that was instituted against him.

Like I wrote on another thread, Abba Kyari knows too much about Nigeria’s security architecture. Handing him over to the US government May compromise our national security. As a result, I don’t think it is in the overall interest of Nigeria that he should be extradited to the US. He should be tried and punished in Nigeria.
very intelligent analysis, you know Nigerians are generally blinded with wickedness and nepotism... They have successfully turned this into a tribal issue... With what's written on That fbi report if at all its real, the fbi has no case on Kyari, not because he didn't do something wrong, but because he is only answerable to the NPF.. They are the only one capable of giving him query.. If he is accused of bribery, what effontry does the US have to summon him, is he their citizen?, the best they could have done is send a report to IGP that he's cop is currupt... The fbi take us for a joke country, because we are clearly unserious
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by princemillla(m): 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
Elvictor:
Can Us "extradite" her citizens because they did Yahoo, if no. Why did Nigeria government always do such?

If you have evidence to prove that a us citizens has committed a crime, then yes he/she can be extradited cuz of the existing treaty between the2 countries.
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Bundaweber: 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2021
joedave:

These examples cited where convicted inside America! Even Garcia had been released after over 2 decade.

The guy you quoted harped on non extradition of top notch American agents of repute to other nations

Irrrizay crimes where commited in Columbia. Why was he not tried in Columbia. Instead he was brought back to the usa
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by dragunov: 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2021
seunmsg:

So, why did the US refuse to hand over Dick Cheney to Nigeria when he was charged to court by EFCC for bribery over the Halliburton scandal?

You guys make me laugh when you come here to be forming sovereignty. Does the slave question his master?
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
No.

Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by SouthSouth1914: 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2021
Aidejay:
NEVER!

USA can never hand over her citizen, even ICJ in hague has never successfully tensioned america to hand over her citizens not to talk of another country.

But, nobody is saying naija gov't should hand over abba na. We're saying for the sake of fairness and to protect the Nigerian image, the same way Allen Onyeama was asked to hand himself over and clear his name. Abba too should go and clear his name.

I will even contribute to a GoFundMe for his airplane ticket.

Most of you guys here, don’t read wide!

Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by joedave(m): 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
Bundaweber:

Irrrizay crimes where commited in Columbia. Why was he not tried in Columbia. Instead he was brought back to the usa

The thread was IF AMERICAN WILL EXTRADITE IT'S OWN TOP AGENT TO ANY COUNTRY?

Jose Irizarry commited his drug laundering offence in Columbia being an American and was made to answer for the offence in US. So no correlation to the thread, that's my take.
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by joedave(m): 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2021
Some claim knowing how to read so much but fail to comprehend that the OP is not just talking about any US agent, but TOP ranking FBI agent, like their most decorated version of Kyari sort of. Base your contributions on this!
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by Babinski: 6:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
seunmsg:
Never. Dick Cheney committed a similar crime to what they have accused Abba Kyari of and he was never handed over to Nigeria despite the court case that was instituted against him.

Like I wrote on another thread, Abba Kyari knows too much about Nigeria’s security architecture. Handing him over to the US government May compromise our national security. As a result, I don’t think it is in the overall interest of Nigeria that he should be extradited to the US. He should be tried and punished in Nigeria.

When I see some of these direct and indirect attempts to defend Abba Kyari and the manipulative yet unsound reasoning behind these attempts, I am truelly disaoppointed for our country.

1. Nigeria and the USA have Extradition Treaty. So before anyone comes to start asking stupid rhetoric questions, the person should get understanding amd meaning of the treaty.

2. A corrupt person has no allegiance or true loyalty to anyone but himself. If Abba Kyari is proven to be corrupt, it is stupid defense to say he should not be extradited to USA in order to protect Nigeria intelligence secrets known to him because he could as well have sold any secret for personal gain. A corrupt person is not an asset but a liability!

In fact if we have corrupt officers like that and all we can see in them are heroes, then it is little wonder the current security situation in the country is so bad. The USA would do us a lot of good helping us fish such corrupt persons out since we have shown ourselves inept in that task.
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by 2rez: 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2021
*clears throat*US when be say them dey pompous. First of, them no go wan do wetin go drag them name for mud like Kyari did. I am not saying US aint corrupt oh k. After all na money everybody dey look for. What Kyari did defines Nigeria correctly. Which implies that the Nig government could parley with online fraudster to pilfer another nation. So pathetic, degrading & Kyarizing. US own way to pilfer a nation is through war & the likes grin which they believe is dignifilying. Reno said it all in a post i read on here earlier.

Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by frugal(m): 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2021
seunmsg:

Lol. Don't make me laugh. What does he know about Nigeria's security architecture that the US doesn't already know?
Instead you should say 'handing him over would expose powerful corrupt criminals'.

Learn to be objective once in a while. Or do you submit your posts to your employers as part of your weekly report?
Re: Can The U.S Extradite Its Top Ranking FBI Agent To Any Country For Prosecution? by lkillbrokehoes: 7:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
mytime24:
FBI will investigate their member nd if found guilty, yes they'll extradite him,
Not like zoo corntree where ur presidency said d leak video of gandollar is Photoshop
Clown!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fani-kayode All Jelly As DSS Interrogates / Atiku Snubs Peter Obi (video) / Tinubu Fans Rained Insult On A Yoruba Guy For Saying He Warned Them About BAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.