Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:32 PM

Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record (32801 Views)

Tobi Amusan Wins 100m Hurdles At Silesia Diamond League, Sets New Record (Pics) / Tobi Amusan Wins 100m Hurdles At ISTAF 2022 Berlin / Tokyo2020: Tobi Amusan Wins 100m Hurdles Heat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2021
vincentjk:
Even she herself couldn't believe it, I give it to the Jamaicans for the strength and agility which they exhibited so far in the race.

But kenyas are still the baba for running, my uncle once told me how they chased lions and other wild animals miles away from their residence on barefoot.
You mean long distance running. Because I have never seen Kenyan win Olympic 100m or 200m

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Safemoon: 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2021
Beancounter94:

No it is a sign of how African countries don't spend enough on athletics.

Like now, does your state, for example, have a year long, interschool athletics league that runs all year...(thought not).

Does your state have a basketball league that covers all the schools in your state...from primary to secondary school? (Thought not)

Is there a similar competition for the tertiary institutions in your state (nothing ).

And again, when your local government chairman is talking about sports development what does he mean ? (A) FOOTBALL, b) football c) football d) football e) Gymnastics .

How many of your youth play other sports (apart from football and possibly athletics ) in your state...and by youth I mean 5-18 year olds.?

How many coaches are there in your state for the following sports? Basketball, wrestling, volleyball, tabletennis, weightlifitnng, etc etc.

Does your state university or any provate indiuvidual have a sports research institute ?

What programme does your state have for training future statrs

Finally...how much does Nigeria spend on sports in a year a) 400 billion dollars or B) 4 BILLION dollars, or c 4 MILLION dollars. How much does that compare to medal winners like the US, Australia or Canada?

The problem is not the rotten state of the zoo. The problem is, like most African coutnries, we don't have the cash or the people or the expertise to win medals. Fixing that requires we stop relying on oil and diversify our economy, get more people interested in more sports from grassroots up, or train more people, and so on.

Even if we split Nigeria, I guarantee that Biafra would have the same problems, or OODUA or many other nations. As long as all we think of is football.

It's not true the zoo is so corrupt and rotten that noting works. All this things can be fixed with either split the zoo or total regional system so all man can compete and develope their God given potencial .
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Taciturn1: 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2021
TechNana:

Girls without boyfriends have peace of mind too.
But you have a boyfriend, do you?
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by ayanbaba2(m): 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
Coleman really bleep up, I swear.
he would have collected his Gold... Americans and marijuana. what a Shame.
Noah L. don't disappoint for 200m!
my heartfelt condolences to my Nigerian brother, next time.
the Italian name is more American than Italian. anyways, congratulations
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Ayobami7(m): 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
Congrats
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Bifwoli: 2:43am On Aug 02, 2021
vincentjk:
Even she herself couldn't believe it, I give it to the Jamaicans for the strength and agility which they exhibited so far in the race.

But kenyas are still the baba for running, my uncle once told me how they chased lions and other wild animals miles away from their residence on barefoot.
But what about Ethiopians ? They've been a success at many Olympic games .
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Ashirioluwa: 3:40am On Aug 02, 2021
Nbotee:
A Nigerian made it to the 100m final for the first time but had a disappointing race. He's d second Nigerian Athlete to have muscle pull while racing

EFCC needs to investigate the muscle pull.
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Exponential101: 6:22am On Aug 02, 2021
vincentjk:

Why say so?
because he is an irredeemable shameless liar.
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by vincentjk(m): 9:07am On Aug 02, 2021
Bifwoli:
But what about Ethiopians ? They've been a success at many Olympic games .

Yes but accolades ought to go to Jamaicans for what they've done in this competition.
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by smartNerd: 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2021
“You learn more from failure than from success.
Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” —
Unknown
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by TechNana(f): 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
Taciturn1:

But you have a boyfriend, do you?

It's not mandatory
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by wealthtrak: 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Village people really followed and dealt with Nigeria's Enoch Adegoke today
Whew!

Better luck to him and others
at the next Common Wealth
Games.

Preparation is the key... Sports
psychology, training, nutrition,
and funding.
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Taciturn1: 3:58am On Aug 12, 2021
TechNana:

It's not mandatory
Yeah. But we (me and you) need each other
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by TechNana(f): 7:06am On Aug 12, 2021
Taciturn1:
Yeah. But we (me and you) need each other

by that you mean, man and woman need each other, yes!
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by zexy2030(m): 7:59am On Aug 12, 2021
TechNana:

Girls without boyfriends have peace of mind too.
They have peace of mind at a particular age, but let them continue without relationship till 25, it is there you will know ladies no get mind to be single.
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Taciturn1: 1:20pm On Aug 12, 2021
TechNana:

by that you mean, man and woman need each other, yes!

That's true, we all need one another. You stay in what region of the country? and State?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keshi Releases 25-man List For Sudan Matches / John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 / NPFL Table As At Today 10-09-2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.