Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Abia Ministry Of Education Staff Arrested For Extorting ₦500 From Students - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abia Ministry Of Education Staff Arrested For Extorting ₦500 From Students (588 Views)

Ogun College Of Health Staff Arrested For Raping Student (Photo) / Olozino Ogege: DELSU Staff Arrested As Corpse Is Found Without Breasts / Universal Basic Education Staff Commits Suicide In Kwara Over Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Ministry Of Education Staff Arrested For Extorting ₦500 From Students by Metrix147: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2021
Abia State Government has announced the arrest of a Director in the Ministry of Education who allegedly wrote to primary and secondary schools in the state, extorting the sum of ₦500 from students without the governor's approval.

This is contained in a statement issued by Chief of Staff to the Governor, Prof. ACB Agbazuere made available to ABN TV on Sunday.

He said the Director, Wogu Alozie forged the signature of the Permanent Secretary in perfecting the crime.

"The said Wogu Alozie who signed for the Permanent Secretary without the consent of the said Permanent Secretary, has owned up to the illicit act and is present with the Police to completely unmask the syndicate.

"All those who pad salaries, hide under the cover of government to defraud people or engage in other forms of corruption are advised in their own interest to have a rethink or be prepared taste the sour waters of the law" the statement read in part.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/08/abia-ministry-of-education-staff-arrested-for-extorting-%e2%82%a6500-from-students-with-fake-signature/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

Re: Abia Ministry Of Education Staff Arrested For Extorting ₦500 From Students by Bluntguy: 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2021
They will deny him but I know he is not alone in this. Very soon he will Hushpuppi his accomplices.
Re: Abia Ministry Of Education Staff Arrested For Extorting ₦500 From Students by Ogamysamo: 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2021
even the principal is not innocent!

IT is an open secret, if he is to mention his associates even 50leaves can not contain their names
Re: Abia Ministry Of Education Staff Arrested For Extorting ₦500 From Students by tony0806: 11:19pm On Aug 01, 2021
The ministry of education in Isialangwa North is something else. They asked the school heads to submit a list of non existing pupils that the FG fed (home grown school feeding program). SOMETHING THAT ALMOST NEVER HAPPENED. List of hundreds of pupils per arm. I PITY FOR ABIA STATE.

1 Like

Re: Abia Ministry Of Education Staff Arrested For Extorting ₦500 From Students by Olabode971(f): 1:22am On Aug 02, 2021
Every sector 4 9ja has been given to d swine.

United Nation, divide 9ja now, b4 it get plumetted to dunghill.
Re: Abia Ministry Of Education Staff Arrested For Extorting ₦500 From Students by ARFON: 1:42am On Aug 02, 2021
Too bad..
Re: Abia Ministry Of Education Staff Arrested For Extorting ₦500 From Students by madamthemadam: 5:32am On Aug 02, 2021
Humbrown23:
I need it to but I don't do WhatsApp only telegram

i sell ethereum and i am also on telegram, if you are interested...
Re: Abia Ministry Of Education Staff Arrested For Extorting ₦500 From Students by Karlovych: 5:46am On Aug 02, 2021
grin grin A Director in Ministry of Education, Buhari has completely finished the country.

Re: Abia Ministry Of Education Staff Arrested For Extorting ₦500 From Students by paulolee(m): 7:10am On Aug 02, 2021
happens in all states n in all public schools in Nigeria...na who DM reason e matter naim dey cast

(1) (Reply)

Man Charged With Murder After His Wife's Death / My Mission Was Not To Kill The Old Man After Collecting N10m Ransom- Mastermind / Ugandan Men Faces Jail Term For Selling Roasted Grasshoppers In Airplane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.