Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! (16487 Views)

Confidence Imuo: Surviving Car Accident That Somersaulted 5 Times Is A Miracle / I Need A Loan Of #500,000 To Boost My Farm. / How To Speak With Confidence & Master Public Speaking In Few Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2021
Stop masturbating for a start.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:
Dear Nairalanders I come I peace .

I have been a victim of betrayal so many times and my upbringing is faulty hence I have a very lowwww esteem.
Talking to people is very difficult now and I really need confidence to achieve my goals for life.

Please how do I boost my confidence and overcome low self esteem
your answer is short stop masturbation
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by kodded(m): 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2021
Halle000:

ALL WHAT YOU HAVE READ HERE SOME MIGHT WORK FOR YOU WHILE SOME MIGHT NOT BUT LISTEN AND LET ME GIVE YOU THE ONE SURE WAY TO BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE

When self esteem is low then there are factors that makes it low. i get it that your upbringing might have give you some PTSD but let deal with the low self esteem first.

Follow my instruction for a whole week and see if it works for you , please don't forget to comeback here for a review after a week

AS FROM TODAY STOP GIVING A F'K ABOUT ANYTHING

DO YOU HEAR ME WELL? STOP GIVING A F**K ABOUT THE RICH, THE POOR, THE UGLY AND THE BEAUTY BY NOT COMPARING YOUR SELF TO ANY OF THESE
JUST LEAVE YOUR LIFE WITHOUT BREAKING ANY LAWS OF THE LAND ..SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT WHAT OTHERS WILL MAKE OF IT
STOP GIVING A F**K FOR A WHOLE WEEK

Then your inner eyes will begining to tear even when you see soldier you go wan slap am if he misbehave

secondly, look at the mirror every morning and start by calling yourself the best names that you will like people to call you, hype yourself whenever your esteem is low.

just try this for a week and i will tell you more later.

You are strong and God has put a lot in you which you need to unleash now before its too late.

Go gaga grin
Op follow this advice o

E sure dye

Stop giving a fúck about any body but yourself and motivate yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by kodded(m): 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2021
be a goal getter and focus on your goals in life

Dont think about the oppinion of others if their oppinion will not take you to your goals.

Always decide that you are the best and you will feel it
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by leocollins(m): 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2021
Evii:
Bro, I had the same problem growing up but now I've outgrown it and if you apply my simple solution it'll surely work for you too.

It's simply to appear and talk more in public especially with those above your peer group.

Try this and thank me later...

Swears bro workout is the deal

1 Like

Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by saajus: 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2021
Self-esteem could just be a psychological issue but some are both psychological and physical.

First thing first, do you have anything you want to improve about yourself. You think if you improve it, your self-esteem will be improved. Are those things fixable? What I mean about fixability is, if you tell me you are very short and you've already reached the age where you can't grow taller, that's not fixable. You gotta live with it and find ways to convince yourself you are the best. So tell me if you have any. We need to tackle that first before we go the psychological route.

I know someone who fixed his front missing tooth and suddenly a very shy guy turned into a jovial guy. I have seen ppl who lose weight, and the story changed. I have seen ppl who improve how they speak and their self-esteem rose up. Some are basically mental, they have everything going well, but their brains are telling them, they are not perfect. Yes, we can't be perfect all-around but we can fix anything fixable that won't cause any harm.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Quahl: 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2021
either you make Plenty money, or you invest in Kolaq Alagbo or Action bitters grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Johel(m): 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

I have been a victim of betrayal so many times and my upbringing is faulty hence I have a very lowwww esteem.
Talking to people is very difficult now and I really need confidence to achieve my goals for life.

I can effectively guide u thru...chat me on WhatsApp please...This is a serious issue.
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by osimataylor(m): 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2021
Improve on your dressing ( physical appearance) and try as much as possible to develop interest in people. Do make the move and do a lot of compliments on people.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by KENVEE6: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

See a therapist, you can find them in psychiatric hospitals, don't overthink it, just go there.
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Tzark94: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

Are you ugly ?

Bro this has got nothing to do with being ugly or handsome. I don't like admitting it most times, but I best some girls hands down when it comes to freshness, I speak well, I lift weights and I suffer from this all because I stayed too long around so-called friends who derive joy in putting me down. I have annexed myself from them this year and I have made some progress...I'm working on it though, but it hasn't been easy.
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Ekwuite82: 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2021
Go get yourself good inspirational books.
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Roman7(m): 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

Are you ugly ?

This ur question sha lol
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by EdoFirstBorn(m): 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2021
Tzark94:

Bro this has got nothing to do with being ugly or handsome. I don't like admitting it most times, but I best some girls hands down when it comes to freshness, I speak well, I lift weights and I suffer from this all because I stayed too long around so-called friends who derive joy in putting me down. I have annexed myself from them this year and I have made some progress...I'm working on it though, but it hasn't been easy.

You didn't answer my question. Are you ugly ?
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by ThickSharon123(f): 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Care less about people's judgement about you, and lean on no one, but yourself. Your I Am.

The more you lean on anyone or even family, the more you get heartbroken because no one in this world can be trusted when it comes to your emotion. So trust yourself and leave the world alone.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Alfredah01: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2021
Nah money dey boost man confidence, get money now and see your confidence boosted up like magic, money is power

GeneralKoko:

Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Hezzyluv: 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2021
OhiOfIhima:

I hardly talk to people but now, I don't care oo.. I realized people no send you unless you talk.

Funny enough, they don't care about someone, is only that person that Carry's this inferiority mindset around. Just do your thing ur way and see people around just like they see u.
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

By analyzing your thoughts and saying what you think without caring whose ox is gored.
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Obuafor: 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2021
Damn dwag ...dat dey best answer... I'm also in is shoes
Nyc idea u got dia
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Blacksavage: 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2021
[quote author=Kriss216 post=104336949]One of the advantages of 4.20, it makes you retain your self esteem as a man.
boss you just sabi the life style..i just dey on the trips not quite long.
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Pussyassasin(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2021
Themainboy22:
Stop masturbation.
I don't get why should he stop masturbating?
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by kiddkash(m): 7:24pm On Aug 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

you need liquid courage
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Gfskw: 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2021
Do it
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by John4B: 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2021
Elock1:
smiley
1.Read wide.. I don't mean wizkid and Davido news
2.Dress well...I don't mean it has to be costly, just look neat and smart
3.Meet interesting people.. I don't mean all those beer parlor people.
4.principles...have good principles and respect that of others too
5.practice use of words... You can do that in front of the mirror or any where confident
6.Try to make money.. Yes money, I don't mean that kind "Abba father own" atleast you will be confident wen u don't financially depend on any one
7.Pray for confidence.

That's all from me.. Cheers

MODIFIED: don't do drugs it will ruin the little confidence you have.. Trust me.
young man allow God to use u. Ur number 6 is funny

1 Like

Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Ochyes: 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2021
Let me recommend these two books 2 you
1)The power of positive thinking-by Norman...
2)Change ur thinking change ur life
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by beyondPen(m): 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2021
goldstar25:
My dear I suffered from low self esteem for a long time before gaining my confidence back. All I did was to listen to motivational videos and sometimes I buy motivational books too but I gave it all out because I don't need it anymore. Try listening to les brown, denzel Washington, nick vujicic and Lizzie Velásquez. There are others but they are my favourite. You can also browse out motivational TED talks

Walk like Denzel Washington. This is my favourite line.

You moniker say you are a female, if true I wonder how you know Denzel Washington and the other guys. These guys will solve the ops problem trust me.

I will recommend you subscribe to one of my coach's channel. He name is Everett Overton. As I haven't regret following him you will also not regret. This is for men to get their grove back not only directing this to the Op alone. Ladies two can find help from the channel too.

In addition, Confidence Should be all round. I know a friend of mine who only have confidence to woo ladies and get them but no get confidence for public speaking and other areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agH5kcPSw4E
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by vivavik(f): 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Go to God in prayers. 2 Tim 1:7
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by frozen70(f): 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

You have to train yourself by doing difficult things
Developing that side of you that will make you tough incase you are abused

You have to be mad at some point to some people before they will dread you

Speak out without fear or favor
Be ready and prepared to loose whatever you don't need and retain what values to you

Stop pleasing people, you will not be given award for most gentleman
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by goldstar25(f): 12:09am On Aug 03, 2021
beyondPen:

Walk like Denzel Washington. This is my favourite line.

You moniker say you are a female, if true I wonder how you know Denzel Washington and the other guys. These guys will solve the ops problem trust me.

I will recommend you subscribe to one of my coach's channel. He name is Everett Overton. As I haven't regret following him you will also not regret. This is for men to get their grove back not only directing this to the Op alone. Ladies two can find help from the channel too.

In addition, Confidence Should be all round. I know a friend of mine who only have confidence to woo ladies and get them but no get confidence for public speaking and other areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agH5kcPSw4E
I am a woman and I know denzel because he is also one of my favorite actors. I will checkout your coach channel
Re: How Can I Boost My Confidence. Help!!!!! by Awoleesu(m): 12:14am On Aug 03, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Within a few paragraphs, you have elicited more questions than the answer you seek!
What exactly do you mean by "low self esteem"? - is it just about " talking to people?
Is this feeling intrinsic or extrinsic?
Given that you adjudged your background as " faulty " (I wouldn't know what you meant by that), are these feelings of low esteem and degraded confidence real or imaginary?

I asked these questions because I think the best way to "boost" your low self esteem is to understand the cause of this effect...

Now, let me take you through it one after the other:

1. Intrinsic feelings: are those feelings coming from within you. For example, in your stated instance of inability to communicate effectively with people, perhaps the root may be in
your assumption that you're unfit due to certain defects like your appearance ( dressing, carriage, ambience etc), or in your language proficiency (like poor spoken English), or physiological (like bad breath, facial ugliness etc) or socio-psychological (a feeling emanating from self pity, social class etc).
If any of these is the case, then I recommend you take a course on personality development. It usually begins with the attitude towards the self. You need to start viewing and understanding yourself as a unique person - different from others. You need to appreciate yourself, believe in your views and hold them high with pride...

2. Extrinsic causes: these have to do with influences from external sources. They usually arise from contra-social acts towards you like you being rejected, snubbed often by people generally, being corrected unusually or frequently, or being abused.
To this, I can suggest some orthodox ways of overcoming the feeling ( there are unorthodox ways too, but of course you aren't seeking those...).
Napoleon Hill said " Do the things you fear, and the death of fear is certain "!
One of the ways to overcome Extrinsic low esteem is to Sell.
Yes! Try selling something. Make your livelihood depend on that commodity. By this, you'll be compelled by the reason for survival to face people... Have them buy from you so you can get money to run your life...
You'll be surprised how your fears will melt away seeing how nobody really cared what you feel, but are only moved by what you offer!
You'll find how accommodating and humane people can be when you approach them with your wares and calling them adorable names - it's fun! Even if you don't make the money, you'll have earned back your self confidence at the close of the day!

3. You need to understand that life comes through someone but must be lived out by its bearer. Forget about your background! Many celebrities you see around today came from uncelebrated backgrounds!
The best you can do about your background is to treat it by its name - send it BACK (behind you) and to the GROUND (to be trampled upon)! If it cant help you reach your goals in life, then, It must never get between you and those goals!

Finally, like someone suggested, build your social life around such circles like gyms, athletes, musical instrumentalists or any such activities that pique your interest.

And don't forget to be grateful! Yours is not the worst case ever!

PEACE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man In Court For Allegedly Securing A Job With Stolen Certificate / Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead / The 10 Things You Cant Learn In The Classroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.