Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang (3067 Views)

“Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) / Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina / Atiku Blasts INEC’s ‘Crass Ignorance And Incomparably Low-Level Illiteracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by MalcoImX: 9:52am On Aug 03, 2021
Veggieseedies:
Just imagine
This is actually what happens when a search light is beamed to dig out the truth.

While trying to disprove a well thought out post with an evidence, you ended up with no evidence.
[b]"North", is middle belt north?[/b[

Why making it look like belief in falsehood for years should just be accepted without fact findings.

Everything that has been believed in this country is fake and the proponents would go to any length to make it stand that way. Of course for political reasons (economic parasitism)

Yes the Middle Belt is in the North.

Historically and for administrative and political purposes, the Middle Belt has always been a northern territory, just as the East and South West are in the "South."

To add to this, I may ask you: Is Israel in Europe as it plays in the European championship, or is it in Africa that it is seeking an observer status in the African Union? Or, why is Australia and New Zealand considered in the North, developmentally, when they're in the South? And are they even in the West that they're also considered part of the Western World?

Relatively, using the cardinal points, it is in the North because it is north of the South East and South West states of Nigeria.

And using absolute indicators, the whole of Nigeria is in the North since one of the two principal points of reference in absolute location, i.e. the 0 degree latitude lies south of the country.
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by Ovamboland(m): 10:01am On Aug 03, 2021
naijaking1:
The density and illumination maps are supposed to be fool proof evidence of higher population, unfortunately, it's not for the fools in Nigeria.

Nigeria somehow remains the only nation where population of fertile and thick rain forest areas have been consistently less than the baren desert regions, especially since population became a criteria for getting more money.

Watch what happens next time someone looks for the accurate census figures without any political advantage

Just some observation, how come this barren sparsely populated area be the one producing food to feed the fertile heavily populated areas? Food production capacity is a natural support for large population.

Dense population in a small area may or may not be more than more dispersed settlement over a much larger area.
That is if each dot represent a certain number of people. You might have 1000 dots overlapping and looking dark in a small area, but you may have 2000 dots dispersed and looking light over a large area.

Ultimately a clean database system, with proper identification of who is a Nigerian and the physical location of that person can tell us the real truth.

Assuming the northerners have a group interest to make our ID system opaque, it's disheartening that we've had 2 presidents of southern origin who did nothing or not enough to clean up the census and records, but they remembered to cut personal deals, empower a few family, cronies and friends.

If the south has no plans or can't identify their group interest and go ahead to implement such, should we insist that the northern groups too must necessarily have no plans or direction?

1 Like

Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by Ovamboland(m): 10:06am On Aug 03, 2021
MalcoImX:

The original post uses population density to 'prove' that the the South against the current data to that effect is more populated than the North.

My argument has been you cannot use density to arrive at that.

By this yardstick, India is more populated than China, which is wrong.

Look at the map below.

Do you still subscribe to that view?

And we could say Nigeria is more populated than USA?

1 Like

Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by MalcoImX: 10:10am On Aug 03, 2021
Shout out to:

Comment
WesternOligarch
Riceproducers
Mujahid777
OutOfContext
gawu1
mu2sa2
FoolishBoy419
and
ovamboland

For being on the side of truth and history.

Without you, trying in your own little ways, those with ulterior motives would've made this place a dark place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by MalcoImX: 10:13am On Aug 03, 2021
Ovamboland:

And we could say Nigeria is more populated than USA?

That's why I called them the anti-North gang. They're impervious to truth.
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by Ovamboland(m): 10:13am On Aug 03, 2021
CSTRR:
Why would the desert be more populous than the coast when there is a rapid migration of people from the desert to the coast everyday.

And then when you include the high death rate in the North, then it is impossible for it to be true.

Unless you are saying the North is reproducing literally like flies.

If you're referring to the less than 20,000 annual death due to insurgency, just know that it's insignificant compared to birth rate. Natural causes, disease will take a far bigger toll, even that is smaller than the birth rate.
Don't forget food is far cheaper in the north and this encourages population growth.
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by Ovamboland(m): 10:23am On Aug 03, 2021
andysnoopy:
Even though I'm not from the North but I don't think this means anything because Population density is actually calculated by dividing the number of people by the area. What this means is that, those dark spot you see on the map was actually divided in relation to the total mass of the area.

An area can be densely populated, it doesn't mean that they have more population that people that lives in an area with larger land mass.

Neither am I from the north. Just unfortunate that some southern guys here are so self conceited in their presumed superiority in reasoning that they've closed their minds to learning and ability to change reference point or empathize with any opposing views.

I see a lot of that in analysis of govt policies and decisions such that they think they're superior to whatever or whoever finds him or herself in govt position.

More often than not that attitude leads to failure in their stated objectives to cause change or make impact.

1 Like

Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by OBALOLA55(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2021
MalcoImX:

You bully like Trump but when they gave it to you, you start crying like Igboho or hushpuppi.

Or like Al-Shabab Nnamdi when they give am bilala for Jojo Kenyatta country.
EXPLAIN THAT TO THE MODS
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by MalcoImX: 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2021
CSTRR:
Why would the desert be more populous than the coast when there is a rapid migration of people from the desert to the coast everyday.

And then when you include the high death rate in the North, then it is impossible for it to be true.

Unless you are saying the North is reproducing literally like flies.

It is wrong to refer to Northern Nigeria as a desert.

You'll do yourself a favour, academically, if you desist from doing that.

Vegetationally, Northern Nigeria is a grassland biome and grasslands are never referred to as desert, though all grasslands have seasonality of rainfall.

Rightfully, refer to them as stated above, or as Savanna Grassland, with variants as Guinea, Sudan and Sahel savannas

As for reproduction and fertility rates, I'll touch on that later.

Also notice the places marked deserts.

Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by MalcoImX: 10:27pm On Aug 03, 2021
OBALOLA55:
EXPLAIN THAT TO THE MODS
Or, I should be the one to report you cos you're derailing.

They won't listen to you, because you're a derailer.
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 03, 2021
MalcoImX:

Yes the Middle Belt is in the North.

Historically and for administrative and political purposes, the Middle Belt has always been a northern territory, just as the East and South West are in the "South."

To add to this, I may ask you: Is Israel in Europe as it plays in the European championship, or is it in Africa that it is seeking an observer status in the African Union? Or, why is Australia and New Zealand considered in the North, developmentally, when they're in the South? And are they even in the West that they're also considered part of the Western World?

Relatively, using the cardinal points, it is in the North because it is north of the South East and South West states of Nigeria.

And using absolute indicators, the whole of Nigeria is in the North since one of the two principal points of reference in absolute location, i.e. the 0 degree latitude lies south of the country.

I can't fathom the Nexus between the subject of discuss and the string put up there in a bid to force down falsehood as "glaring" fact.

How many cardinal points have we? Four
North, East, South and West. In the Nigerian case, you want us to believe it is just South and North.

Middle Belt.

It is a known fact that the indigenous people who make up the middle belt are neither Hausa nor Fulani (non indigenous to Nigeria)

In the middle Belt you have the Igbos and you have the Yorubas. This would have been used to consider them South of Nigeria but for the wickedness and political reasons they are called "The North", this is also used to subdue them.

In all these, you have continually failed to disprove the post you want to counter. Instead, you try to show the versatility side of quota education.
This effort is likened to the AGF trying to take on a US lawyer on US laws.

Go back to the subject of discuss, convincions shouldn't be vague
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2021
MalcoImX:
Spread the illuminated dots in the vast lands of the North and see whether it would be any luminous.

Ok

Here me.

In the North (like it is always called), are there no places where people live? If there are, let us take the places to be "Cluster".

Now even if the North is as big as the whole of Nigeria, the only places that would be illuminated would ostensibly be "the clusterd" places. These are the only places that electricity light would be supplied. The forests cannot be illuminated for God's sake

With this, where are the clustered places that has been producing millions of votes.

You're finally bringing out your ignorance to the fore
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by MalcoImX: 12:41am On Aug 04, 2021
Veggieseedies:

I can't fathom the Nexus between the subject of discuss and the string put up there in a bid to force down falsehood as "glaring" fact.

How many cardinal points have we? Four
North, East, South and West. In the Nigerian case, you want us to believe it is just South and North.

Middle Belt.

It is a known fact that the indigenous people who make up the middle belt are neither Hausa nor Fulani (non indigenous to Nigeria)

In the middle Belt you have the Igbos and you have the Yorubas. This would have been used to consider them South of Nigeria but for the wickedness and political reasons they are called "The North", this is also used to subdue them.

In all these, you have continually failed to disprove the post you want to counter. Instead, you try to show the versatility side of quota education.
This effort is likened to the AGF trying to take on a US lawyer on US laws.

Go back to the subject of discuss,
convincions shouldn't be vague
If you want to discount the force of history and how locations assume their present statuses, then we should all go back to Israel, Egypt, Syria, Futa Jallon, (and even the sky - as in Yoruba mythology), as most of those you're trying to enlist as the 'only indigenous peoples' have placed their origin outside present-day Nigeria and many myths.

History, administration and politics are the backbone of what obtains today. If you've lost out, revisionist ideologies won't give you anything back but to only soothes your nerves.

As for the bolded, I think I've done enough justice to the lie and bigotry of the OP of that piece, except if you prefer not to be fair.

My point has always been, you can't use population density to conclude that the North or anywhere else is less populated than another place.

Another way to put it is, population densities are not the same thing with total population (total number of people) in a place. If it were so, China (with over 1.4 billion people), and ranked number 1 in terms of overall population would've been the most densely populated country in the world. But we know it is not. In fact, using world population density maps as indicators of overall population, you may falsely assume that Nigeria and China are about the same in total population. That, all along, is the misleading/false association and conclusions I've been trying to correct.

If you can accept this, it is only then we move to who has more population between the colonially demarcated space called Nigeria.
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by MalcoImX: 12:47am On Aug 04, 2021
Veggieseedies:

Ok

Here me.

In the North (like it is always called), are there no places where people live? If there are, let us take the places to be "Cluster".

Now even if the North is as big as the whole of Nigeria, the only places that would be illuminated would ostensibly be "the clusterd" places. These are the only places that electricity light would be supplied. The forests cannot be illuminated for God's sake

With this, where are the clustered places that has been producing millions of votes.

I think I have a robust response to this.

I'll get back to it tomorrow, as it is late now.
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by MalcoImX: 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2021
Veggieseedies:

Ok

Here me.

Sorry.

I wasn't to reply as promised.

Back to the topic:

The "clusters" are not areas of high population concentrations or sizes.

The "clusters" could at best represent areas of heatwave imageries (electrical, light rays, gas flares, longwave, infrared and other electromagnetic radiations) picked up by satellites at night.

So, this can't be used as indicators of more population - even though they could translate to high economic activities - as the industries likely to produce such incandescent and luminous materials are not labour intensive.

Take electricity, for e.g., which produces light and other radiative elements. It is not of so much spread for the illumination to cause any significant shift in population (see Nigeria's electricity grid network and percentage electrification map).

Moreover, as many Nigerians don't have access to electricity, how could images produced by radiative elements be used to represent their populations?, when as much as 50 - 70% (about 93 million Nigerians) don't have access to such (see map of African countries share of population with access to electricity).

Are you now beginning to see the fallacy in using luminosity to extrapolate on population demographics?

Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by MalcoImX: 6:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
coolzeal
lamentor78
Harddiskng

Do you still subscribe to the theory that a place is "more populated" because satellite imageries show it is "more illuminated?"

Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by thinksense: 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
North is populated more than south abet. Dem plenty pass us
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 08, 2021
MalcoImX:

Sorry.

I wasn't to reply as promised.

Back to the topic:

The "clusters" are not areas of high population concentrations or sizes.

The "clusters" could at best represent areas of heatwave imageries (electrical, light rays, gas flares, longwave, infrared and other electromagnetic radiations) picked up by satellites at night.

So, this can't be used as indicators of more population - even though they could translate to high economic activities - as the industries likely to produce such incandescent and luminous materials are not labour intensive.

Take electricity, for e.g., which produces light and other radiative elements. It is not of so much spread for the illumination to cause any significant shift in population (see Nigeria's electricity grid network and percentage electrification map).

Moreover, as many Nigerians don't have access to electricity, how could images produced by radiative elements be used to represent their populations?, when as much as 50 - 70% (about 93 million Nigerians) don't have access to such (see map of African countries share of population with access to electricity).

Are you now beginning to see the fallacy in using luminosity to extrapolate on population demographics?

Sorry for the hiatus. Been busy and no time for myself.

May I remind you that I coined the word "Cluster" and I actually wanted us to have a clear picture of what I was about to say.

There was not just a slight deviation from the picture I tried to paint, but you ended up embellishing a different thought.

Having said this,
"The Cluster" in my piece is used to draw our attention to "a location with buildings", "towns", "markets". And not electromagnetic radiations.

Beside this, the post you want to counter has a satellite imagery of not electromagnetic radiations nor electricity even though I understand what you mean.

There are 5 electricity distribution companies in the North (even the people massacred daily in hundreds see themselves as this online, sadly) and there is one for each down south.

Noth has ruled for years yet the dividends of government has elluded them, their fault. I'm not anti north, they should be human in a circular state like Nigeria

However, nationwide, there is dwindling power supply, it's not unique to any particular place.

Thanks
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by MalcoImX: 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
Veggieseedies:

Sorry for the hiatus. Been busy and no time for myself.

May I remind you that I coined the word "Cluster" and I actually wanted us to have a clear picture of what I was about to say.

There was not just a slight deviation from the picture I tried to paint, but you ended up embellishing a different thought.

Having said this,
"The Cluster" in my piece is used to draw our attention to "a location with buildings", "towns", "markets". And not electromagnetic radiations.

Beside this, the post you want to counter has a satellite imagery of not electromagnetic radiations nor electricity even though I understand what you mean.

There are 5 electricity distribution companies in the North (even the people massacred daily in hundreds see themselves as this online, sadly) and there is one for each down south.

Noth has ruled for years yet the dividends of government has elluded them, their fault. I'm not anti north, they should be human in a circular state like Nigeria

However, nationwide, there is dwindling power supply, it's not unique to any particular place.

Thanks

Then we should use a different frame of reference

And don't talk about development eluding the North even though they've ruled for màny years. Presidents have never been for one section of the country but Nigeria - their constituency is the whole not parts, even though they must come from the parts.

That said, if you can agree that the images oresented cannot be used to extrapolate population density or total population, we end this, as I was able to find out (conclusively) that those imageries are of gas flares at night and not any other thing.
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2021
MalcoImX:

Then we should use a different frame of reference

And don't talk about development eluding the North even though they've ruled for màny years. Presidents have never been for one section of the country but Nigeria - their constituency is the whole not parts, even though they must come from the parts.

That said, if you can agree that the images oresented cannot be used to extrapolate population density or total population, we end this, as I was able to find out (conclusively) that those imageries are of gas flares at night and not any other thing.

Lol

You're now a nationalist because I stated that?

But it's true. President doesn't come from the whole but the parts. If the whole, though hard, vote en mass for the Igbo presidency (yet again part).

Yahaya's campaign for 2023 has been partly based and not whole. True, after emergence, there constituency becomes Nigeria. With the present administration, do you agree to this?

For me, about the day's governor, it is fulani, not even North. Our opinions may be different though, I respect yours and move

So, the imageries were not of gas flares. I don't see gas flares in the East too.

Thanks
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by oyatz(m): 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
zeuss:

cant you read? "POPULATION DENSITY" means population density nothing more....not density map as you have chosen to describe it....you people keep twistn facts as you thrive on falsehood and injustice......it will come to a crashing end one-day.

Population density actually refers to the degree to which people get crowded in a particular territory, it doesn't refer to the Number of the people. For example, 100 people on one plot of land will be densely populated than 100 people on one acre of land.
Re: Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang by MalcoImX: 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
This is the sequence of this discussion:

theenchanter:
let's start with illumination.

MalcoImX:
Spread the illuminated dots in the vast lands of the North and see whether it would be any luminous.

Veggieseedies:

Ok

Here me.

Veggieseedies:

Lol

You're now a nationalist because I stated that?

But it's true. President doesn't come from the whole but the parts. If the whole, though hard, vote en mass for the Igbo presidency (yet again part).

So, the imageries were not of gas flares. I don't see gas flares in the East too.

Thanks

Compare the images below, you'll see that not only are they of gas flares but a lot are even offshore.

This is what theenchanter uses that propel this sequence of discussion. Just zoom in the Nigeria and West Africa image and you'll see it's the same with that which Nigeria was carved out.

Well as for Igbo presidency, if the Igbo aren't able to produce a president, it is their fault. If the Yoruba and the Hausa Fulani can, why can't the Igbo?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Why Rabiu Kwankwaso Is Dangerous / Meet Dr Philip Ozua, Anambra Medical Doctor Who Donated $1 Million To UI / Breaking: 5 Sure Men That Will Become Ministers In Tinubu's Government Reveal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.