Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections (3272 Views)

Aba By-Election: APC Already Rigging The Poll In All Units - Chimaobi Ebisike / Video Showing Boko Haram Tactically Killing Over 100 Nigerian Soldiers / How INEC Helped APC In Ekiti - Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 28, 2022
Stop blaming helpless youths, INEC is already rigging the next elections and I would explain how. What I'm writing about is based on personal experience as well as that of others. The areas most affected in this mass disenfranchisement include regions outside the core North but particularly Lagos, SE and SS.

Already, the latest data released by INEC shows that Imo State has the lowest number of registrants, at less than 100,000. While it may come as shock to many but to those informed, this is to be expected going by what INEC is doing i.e. mass disenfranchisement of eligible voters in particular areas.

I will use Imo State as a case study because I'm currently in Owerri. What INEC is doing in Imo State amounts to gross violation of human rights and it makes me weep for this country.

I lost my PVC I used during the last general elections and decided to go and collect another one but I never realized it was going to be such a battle. I first went to INEC office at Owerri municipal council but the crowd I met was so much and I couldn't succeed. I later heard they were registering at Winners Chapel headquarters along P.H road and the crowd wasn't much, at least relative to the Owerri municipal council, I immediately drove there but alas, on getting there I saw many people too and a lady I spoke with said she came since morning and her number is 95 yet she doubt if she would succeed. After a while, I realized it was a futile exercise and left in disappointment.

Several days later, I went back to Owerri municipal council, and pleaded with one of the INEC staff who eventually smuggled out a form for me. The suffering people are going through just to get PVC in Imo State is so appalling. I saw disabled people, pregnant women and the old among others literally begging almost to tears for them to be attended to.

When I eventually got inside due to the "exceptional help" of the INEC staff, I immediately understood why there was so much crowd outside. There was ONLY ONE GADGET!!. To the woman's credit, she was fast and experienced. However, even if she works like a robot 24 hours/7days till the last day of registration, she would never be able to attend to all. I doubt a single person/machine would be able to register up 100 people a day.

To add to the frustration of the people, this is a state where Mondays are lost to sit-at-home then INEC expects the remaining 4 days to be wasted at their offices on a wild goose chase?

Forget about the pretence people, INEC is one of the biggest problems Nigeria has today. I don't know whose interest Mahmood Alli is protecting but the world should know it's never the interest of the Nigerian masses. They would spend more resources on radio jingles and uploading of data on their website but the main areas they should focus on, is deliberately left unattended.

Mr/Alhaji Mahmood Alli, how much does it cost to buy those ordinary looking gadgets so that Nigerians can do their civic responsibility?

I can bet you, the numbers for Imo State and other places in the SE would double within a couple of weeks if adequate gadgets are provided.

These are some of the issues that make people to give up on Nigeria. All these frustrations are too much. Please stop blaming the youths, they're the victims here. Mahmood Alli's INEC is doing a dirty job and posterity will judge him!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by okeysoninv: 9:57am On Jun 28, 2022
Oga, alot of ipob people in South East has vowed never to register and collect their PVC. So channel your grievances to ipob. Orlu zone has been the hot bed of ipob activity . They even killed some staff and people.blame the choas on ipob leave stupid marginalization by inec. The problem with the machines is everywhere in the country.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by 07kjb: 10:00am On Jun 28, 2022
Kudos to you bro nice write up for awareness

I'm currently in OWERRI AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT THE SITUATION REGARDING PVC REGISTRATION IS TERRIBLE

15 Likes

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by 07kjb: 10:01am On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
Oga, alot of ipob people in South East has vowed never to register and collect their PVC. So channel your grievances to ipob. Orlu zone has been the hot bed of ipob activity . They even killed some staff and people.blame the choas on ipob leave stupid marginalization by inec. The problem with the machines is everywhere in the country.

Stop talking trash why did God allow people like you to exist

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by okeysoninv: 10:03am On Jun 28, 2022
07kjb:

Stop talking trash why did God allow people like you to exist
oga , go to all ipob and biafra pages online. They are not registering . This is not trash.

1 Like

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Advocate500: 10:08am On Jun 28, 2022
Is unfortunate, their is those who criticise the government most,make it as if they are the problem, ask them if this figures are anything to go by, why are we having so much crowd at the eastern region registration centres?
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by PresidObi: 10:09am On Jun 28, 2022
Why are we annoyed of only this one, same thing happens everywhere in Nigeria, the NBS has been churning out negative data about everything in the south east, the NPC is also using fake data.

On the ground in the south east today, the fight is for youths to register and obtain voters cards either offline or online, but it has always been difficult. Some people keep coming back after queuing for many days before they can get a chance to sit down and register, or change their voting centres.

A protest broke out in Enugu last week, monitored by TV'S news, where youths who has been on the lines for many days led a protest to INEC state office and demanded for more machines to cater for the thousands of voters stranded at Okpara square Enugu. That is just one centre, every other registration centres in Enugu are mobbed with new registrants, boys are even registering on their phones online.

There is something fishy about this whole election process.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by haffaze777(m): 10:51am On Jun 28, 2022
Op,you lost your PVC abi u burn it?

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by BaddestQueen(f): 11:03am On Jun 28, 2022
haffaze777:
Op do you want some stolen lands?
shocked
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 28, 2022
haffaze777:
Op,you lost your PVC abi u burn it?

To whom brain is given, sense is expected. Why on God's planet earth would I burn my PVC?

I have voted in all elections in recent times until I recently lost my PVC.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
oga , go to all ipob and biafra pages online. They are not registering . This is not trash.

This one too forgot to use his faculties. Didn't you read what I wrote above? People are desperate to register but INEC is frustrating them due to lack of equipment. Those crowds begging to be registered everyday are they ghosts?

How can INEC be using just one gadget for an entire urban centre like Owerri municipal council?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by haffaze777(m): 11:12am On Jun 28, 2022
BaddestQueen:
God punish me

Isee

71 Likes

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by haffaze777(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2022
Assetinvestor:

To whom brain is given, sense is expected. Why on God's planet earth would I burn my PVC?

you know some people from your region did that when nnamdi kanu told them to

74 Likes

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2022
Assetinvestor:
Stop blaming helpless youths, INEC is already rigging the next elections and I would explain how. What I'm writing about is based on personal experience as well as that of others. The areas most affected in this mass disenfranchisement include regions outside the core North but particularly Lagos, SE and SS.

Already, the latest data released by INEC shows that Imo State has the lowest number of registrants, at less than 100,000. While it may come as shock to many but to those informed, this is to be expected going by what INEC is doing i.e. mass disenfranchisement of eligible voters in particular areas.

I will use Imo State as a case study because I'm currently in Owerri. What INEC is doing in Imo State amounts to gross violation of human rights and it makes me weep for this country.

I lost my PVC I used during the last general elections and decided to go and collect another one but I never realized it was going to be such a battle. I first went to INEC office at Owerri municipal council but the crowd I met was so much and I couldn't succeed. I later heard they were registering at Winners Chapel headquarters along P.H road and the crowd wasn't much, at least relative to the Owerri municipal council, I immediately drove there but alas, on getting there I saw many people too and a lady I spoke with said she came since morning and her number is 95 yet she doubt if she would succeed. After a while, I realized it was a futile exercise and left in disappointment.

Several days later, I went back to Owerri municipal council, and pleaded with one of the INEC staff who eventually smuggled out a form for me. The suffering people are going through just to get PVC in Imo State is so appalling. I saw disabled people, pregnant women and the old among others literally begging almost to tears for them to be attended to.

When I eventually got inside due to the "exceptional help" of the INEC staff, I immediately understood why there was so much crowd outside. There was ONLY ONE GADGET!!. To the woman's credit, she was fast and experienced. However, even if she works like a robot 24 hours/7days till the last day of registration, she would never be able to attend to all. I doubt a single person/machine would be able to register up 100 people a day.

To add to the frustration of the people, this is a state where Mondays are lost to sit-at-home then INEC expects the remaining 4 days to be wasted at their offices on a wild goose chase?

Forget about the pretence people, INEC is one of the biggest problems Nigeria has today. I don't know whose interest Mahmood Alli is protecting but the world should know it's never the interest of the Nigerian masses. They would spend more resources on radio jingles and uploading of data on their website but the main areas they should focus on, is deliberately left unattended.

Mr/Alhaji Mahmood Alli, how much does it cost to buy those ordinary looking gadgets so that Nigerians can do their civic responsibility?

I can bet you, the numbers for Imo State and other places in the SE would double within a couple of weeks if adequate gadgets are provided.

These are some of the issues that make people to give up on Nigeria. All these frustrations are too much. Please stop blaming the youths, they're the victims here. Mahmood Alli's INEC is doing a dirty job and posterity will judge him!

Yes there is need for more machines in South-east due to large increase of new voters, but Imo already have 2.2 million registered voters the number will still increase before election

Visit this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7200629/what-ignorant-minds-doesnt-know

2 Likes

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by haffaze777(m): 11:23am On Jun 28, 2022
BaddestQueen:
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique
Rule 2
https://www.nairaland.com/7200519/see-how-inec-tactically-rigging#114227796

Don't start what you can't finishgrin

70 Likes

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by 4teenblaq: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2022
post=114227987:

Yes there is need for more machines in South-east due to large increase of new voters, but Imo already have 2.2 million registered voters the number will still increase before election

Visit this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7200629/what-ignorant-minds-doesnt-know

They still need more numbers in order to match the northerners bloc votes.
imo state and other SE states need to pull like not less than 1.8 million votes on each state inorder to beat some northern states.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by beylinko02: 11:36am On Jun 28, 2022
Assetinvestor:

This is so true. I am in AKWA IBOM and no where around to register FOR PVC. Can we make this viral and call the attention of well meaning Nigerian to this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by okeysoninv: 11:38am On Jun 28, 2022
Assetinvestor:

This one too forgot to use his faculties. Didn't you read what I wrote above? People are desperate to register but INEC is frustrating them due to lack of equipment. Those crowds begging to be registered everyday are they ghosts?

How can INEC be using just one gadget for an entire urban centre like Owerri municipal council?
you don't expect inec staff to move to a place where their security is not guaranteed.when ipob is still breathing fire .the problem with the machines is nation wide except if imo people will call EU to organize youth concert like the one in TBS and Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Samunique(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
You're talking rubbish, what about a place like Port Harcourt ? Or others places that corrupt and partisan INEC is stylishly disenfranchising, is that also cause by Ipod

Come out of your enclave and see for yourself the evil going on in Nigeria !

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by okeysoninv: 11:40am On Jun 28, 2022
Samunique:
You're talking rubbish, what about a place like Port Harcourt ? Or others places that corrupt and partisan INEC is stylishly disenfranchising, is that also cause by Ipod

Come out of your enclave and see for yourself the evil going on in Nigeria !
there is enough machines at inec office in aba road. Go there and register

1 Like

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Oplomo: 11:42am On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:

What tribe do you belong? grin grin

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by KanikaSingh: 11:42am On Jun 28, 2022
Nice one thanks for sharing this information with us, I think with this information my so many dought about IVF treatment has been cleared, once again thank you very much for this post
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Factcheck0001: 11:43am On Jun 28, 2022
Assetinvestor:

u blame government of not doing d right thing n u also did d wrong thing to get your so called exceptional treatment

So whose fault is it that u have to sit at home on Monday’s?
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by okeysoninv: 11:49am On Jun 28, 2022
Oplomo:

What tribe do you belong? grin grin
I but ezigbo okpo by asking me that. Imo state that has highest local government in South East is struggling to reach 100,000 all thanks to Nnamdi kanu and his ipob urchins. Do you except inec staffs to move to orlu hot zone and get killed ?
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by pacesetting: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2022
Look at your excuse. How about Northern region that is being ravaged by Boko haram?

Have you been to the East? Somebody who has been there and seen the massive turnout is telling you what is happening and you are doubting him.

This Nigeria is for everybody, remember that.

okeysoninv:

1 Like

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by pacesetting: 11:52am On Jun 28, 2022
But they can move freely in the North? Okay.
okeysoninv:
you don't expect inec staff to move to a place where their security is not guaranteed.when ipob is still breathing fire .the problem with the machines is nation wide except if imo people will call EU to organize youth concert like the one in TBS and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by okeysoninv: 11:56am On Jun 28, 2022
pacesetting:
Look at your excuse. How about Northern region that is being ravaged by Boko haram?

Have you been to the East? Somebody who has been there and seen the massive turnout is telling you what is happening and you are doubting him.

This Nigeria is for everybody, remember that.

the problem with the machines is national wide, you don't expect inec staffs to move into hinter land where their security is not guaranteed. Discard ipob , let's get south east working again. Or continue shielding them let's our zone continue burning. Thank you
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Oplomo: 11:59am On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
I but ezigbo okpo by asking me that. Imo state that has highest local government in South East is struggling to reach 100,000 all thanks to Nnamdi kanu and his ipob urchins. Do you except inec staffs to move to orlu hot zone and get killed ?

stanluiz, which tribe do you belong? The writer is talking about owerri not orlu. grin grin

55 Likes

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by pacesetting: 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
I'm in Benue and the process is smooth here. Over 200 persons registered yesterday.

A friend of mine went in the morning and collected number 203. He went back by 2 pm and was able to register before 4pm.

I think INEC is bias here for people in the South East.

We keep seeing massive turnouts there, but why are they not being registered?

beylinko02:

This is so true. I am in AKWA IBOM and no where around to register FOR PVC. Can we make this viral and call the attention of well meaning Nigerian to this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Most Notorious Oil Bunkerer Now Contesting For President Pictures Incl / Come And See The Latest Wahala In Lagos (pics) / Was Hitler A Great Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.