Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? (8065 Views)

Who Else Got This Message From Federal Government Grant And Loan? / Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) 2018 - 2019! Thread / Federal Teachers Scheme | Federal Government Teachers Recruitment 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by shadeyinka(m): 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
adeblow:
I work with a federal medical centre as an administrative staff on CONHESS 11 that is equivalent to grade level 12.

I recently found this request from office of the Head of Civil Service of the federation, for officers willing to make the switch to federal teachers institute.

My gross salary is about 230,000 naira.

Please does anybody have idea what the salary of a grade 12 worker in the Federal teachers institute is, and please advice.

Please dont try it.
The Medical Profession can go on strike and will be respected.
The Teachers cannot go on strike and be respected.

Meaning that your salary at the same grade level differ with that of the medical center most likely higher.

Initially, at entry into the teaching profession they will not pay you a salary less than what you are already collecting but with time, your slalary may not increase proportionately.

Also, at the FMC, they won't transfer you from state to state BUT in FGC, they can transfer you to any state of the Federation.

Check the status of the Principals and Vice Principals of the FGCs, do they fare better than the FMC?

Do you have a teaching qualification?
If not, you cant amount to anything in the FGC?

1 Like

Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by bigdaddycool018: 7:05pm On Aug 03, 2021
Why the federal government don't want to recruit new teachers, habba see young graduate.
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2021
adeblow:
I work with a federal medical centre as an administrative staff on CONHESS 11 that is equivalent to grade level 12.

I recently found this request from office of the Head of Civil Service of the federation, for officers willing to make the switch to federal teachers institute.

Please does anybody have idea what the salary of a grade 12 worker in the Federal teachers institute is, and please advice.

The gross pay of CONHESS 11 officer is not up to 230k.....Stop lying please
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by wunmi590(m): 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2021
Focusmind:

Good

In this present circumstances in Nigeria and around the world, job comes before any higher education. If you have a moderate paying government job with Olevel, please continue with the job. Don't resign to go to University. People will always tell you that you will get a better job after graduation. Job market in Nigeria is now saturated. Hold on to the one you have please.

We have someone in our family that joined Nigerian custom with Olevel in 2011. People asked him to resign to continue his education having secured admission to FUTO. He remained in custom and jettison the admission. The guy is far doing well, while some of his mates that went to University are still job hunting. He also concluded the so called B.Sc with National open university.

If you have any serious job that is paying your bills, please stick to it. The high rate of unemployment among graduates is high now. I have 3 of them in my place and the 4th will soon join the queue.

You made valid points cool
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by Pokka5(m): 8:00pm On Aug 03, 2021
[quote][/quote] don't try it o
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by adeblow(m): 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:

The gross pay of CONHESS 11 officer is not up to 230k.....Stop lying please
I would upload my pay slip for you to see.
I hope u can differentiate between gross and net pay
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by Oluwaseyi456(m): 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2021
Guy u re so lucky, I'm searching for job with b.ed certificate.pls,friends I need a JOB. 08033251258
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2021
It seems this one like suffering
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by heykims(m): 8:18pm On Aug 03, 2021
Stick with your health sector.
Guys that are salivating at his 230k gross pay on CONHESS 11 should note that it takes about 10yrs for a graduate to get to that level after entering into civil service.

1 Like

Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2021
heykims:
Guys that are salivating at his 230k gross pay on CONHESS 11 should note that it takes about 10yrs for a graduate to get to that level after entering into civil service.

lol, obobs that's a long time.
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by mayormick(m): 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2021
wunmi590:

He would look back now and be proud of himself for making the best decision....
honestly very proud of his final decision then, always appreciating those that advised him to take the job till now while most of us that were already graduate then didn't get government job till now. Such is life though
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by thanks4idias: 2:33am On Aug 04, 2021
yak:

Even me that earn much less as level 12 in another agency isn't sure I want to apply for that education stuff. I actually studied education but I'm not sure I want to move

Please is FTI ( federal Teacher Institution recruiting presently, and how can some one apply please).
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by backT(m): 6:13am On Aug 04, 2021
adeblow:

Don't try it, you will regret your action. Even an assistant directors' take home is less than that your salary. Just stay there and enjoy your pay.

Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by Karufi: 11:07am On Aug 04, 2021
The word health sector is quiet enough for me
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by yak(m): 4:40am On Aug 10, 2021
thanks4idias:

Please is FTI ( federal Teacher Institution recruiting presently, and how can some one apply please).

Don't have an idea but what we're discussing is conversion of federal civil servants in other agencies to education officers (teachers in federal Govt colleges)
Re: Should I Switch From Federal Health Sector To Federal Teachers Institute? by yak(m): 4:42am On Aug 10, 2021
heykims:

It's still a good job when compared with some other agencies especially core ministry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teachers Wanted At The Hillside School, Gwarinpa Abuja (secondary School) / N-power Batch C: How To Fix Relocation Issues / [b]p&g Nigeria Is Recruiting For Several Vacancies[/b]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.