Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF (31671 Views)

Laolu Akande Denies Liking Tweet Insulting Buhari, Cites “Touch Error” / Atiku Reacts To Amaechi's Leaked Tapes 'Insulting Buhari' / Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by orisa37: 7:45am On Aug 03, 2021
WHAT SENTENCE WOULD YOU PASS ON AN ATHEIST WHO SAYS THAT ALLAH IS A MISREPRESENTATION? BUHARI IS NO MORE A NIGERIAN THAN THAT POOR BOY YOU WANT TO LOCK UP FOR THE TWO REMAINING YEARS TO 2023.

1 Like

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by gidgiddy: 7:48am On Aug 03, 2021
SmartPolician:
I don't understand why everyone is attacking Buhari for something the DSS did. That secret police has a chief and everyone should be calling him out.

We know that Buhari is terribly incompetent, but we cannot continue to blame him for the inadequacies and overzealousness of people who he appointed to run critical institutions of the state.

These people need to understand that they owe the country a duty to serve her, not the clueless Aso Rock herder.

That is nonsense. Buhari appoints the head of the DSS. All Buhari had to do is tell his appointee that the DSS should go after those causing insecurity, and not those dishing out insults

All the insecurity in Nigeria, the DSS has time for people who are insulting the president?

Stupid

5 Likes

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by SmartPolician: 7:51am On Aug 03, 2021
assent:

Why didn't the DSS do the same thing under Jonathan?

That's because DSS receives instructions from the person at the top.

Small time, you will say, attack on protesters by the police and soldier at Lekki tollgate happened without buhari's knowledge.

Small time, you will say sparing of bandits and kindly treatment given to Boko haram are without buhari's knowledge.

I won't be surprised if you say the haunting of igboho for not committing any crime and the kidnapping of Nnamdi Kanu all happened without buhari's consent.

Only an irresponsible citizen will reason like you

I'm afraid you are writing trash.

For instance, the DSS did terrible things under Jonathan too. I remember the DSS invading the APC office and accusing the then opposition of forgery but never did the same to the brazenly corrupt PDP.

The problem with people like you is that you find it extremely difficult to understand that some people only care about a working country and don't give a damn which party or politicians made that happen. I suppose your brains are too infinitesimal to grasp that.
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by assent: 7:59am On Aug 03, 2021
SmartPolician:

I'm afraid you are writing trash.

For instance, the DSS did terrible things under Jonathan too. I remember the DSS invading the APC office and accusing the then opposition of forgery but never did the same to the brazenly corrupt PDP.

The problem with people like you is that you find it extremely difficult to understand that some people only care about a working country and don't give a damn which party or politicians made that happen. I suppose your brains are too infinitesimal to grasp that.

Anything that DSS did under Jonathan, Jonathan must be the one to be held responsible for it. He can't claim ignorance or claim to have no hands in it. He is guilty.

In the same vain, anything that DSS does under buhari, Buhari should be held responsible for it. You can't come here and be absolving Buhari of murder and bloodshed perpetrated under him by DSS.

So, it's obvious you are the entity with the underdeveloped brain here.

12 Likes

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by berrystunn(m): 8:02am On Aug 03, 2021
APC we are watching and keeping records

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by Dextre(m): 8:03am On Aug 03, 2021
SmartPolician:
I don't understand why everyone is attacking Buhari for something the DSS did. That secret police has a chief and everyone should be calling him out.

We know that Buhari is terribly incompetent, but we cannot continue to blame him for the inadequacies and overzealousness of people who he appointed to run critical institutions of the state.

These people need to understand that they owe the country a duty to serve her, not the clueless Aso Rock herder.

What is all this you have written mehn!! We can’t blame the president, he is the leader of this country for God’s sake. You mean, he doesn’t know about this?

5 Likes

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by optimistic0001: 8:03am On Aug 03, 2021
They have reduced our almighty DSS to settling quarrel instead providing intelligence to deal with serious crimes
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by bluefilm: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2021
If they come to Nairaland, dem go pack people like wetin because Nairaland be like the meeting place for all Buhari insulters since 2015.

1 Like

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:04am On Aug 03, 2021
DefHQ:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/02/adamawa-court-jails-youth-two-years-%E2%80%98insulting%E2%80%99-buhari-sgf-mustapha

abeg ooo one question under which LAW ??
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by Cnach: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Fear the, north!!! When it comes to northern interest, her politicians jettison party affiliations..

See the way northern PDP joined their APC counterparts to condemn and sentence the young man for insulting their terrorist leader.
My problem be say Tinubu na another aboki, if not no be to push am make him go any how e wan dey make e dey but the man go Bleep up dearly

We southerners really have a lot to learn
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by ceaser: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2021
What did France do to the man who landed a hot disorienting slap on their President Macron again?

Oh yeah, he is walking around freely at the moment after the incident that happened about 2 months ago.

Friends, I welcome you officially to the pariah state of Nigeria, a Fulani dictatorial and tyranical government.

raker300:
I hope those that voted in buhari are happy nw?

I voted him in his first term expecting him to be tough on corruption and insecurity that Jonathan has been lukewarm about. I withdrew my support within his first year in office. So I campaigned vigorously and voted against him in the second term. But of course, I guess I have just one vote.

SmartPolician:

When the DSS acted beyond its mandate during the months Osinbajo was acting president, he took the right action to create a deterrent. However Buhari came back and reversed a decent decision by Osinbajo, a decision that aimed to entrench rule of law and empower the people.

This is to show you that Buhari deliberately looks away and his silence means support. Therefore he is to be solely blamed for the rot he benefits from, not anyone else.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by Splitmind: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2021
He must be killed immediately, we can no longer tolerate any insult to our President!
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by Justdare: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2021
Oga ooo, somebody goes online, picked a story, cut and stitched parts together to suit his narrative. And nobody cares to find the truth before commenting.
"The court sentenced Kato to a one-year jail term in each of the offences with an option of N25,000 fine on each offence."
Pls read the true/complete report here.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/02/adamawa-court-jails-youth-two-years-%E2%80%98insulting%E2%80%99-buhari-sgf-mustapha
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by Eillyeillz(m): 8:06am On Aug 03, 2021
A tyrant, dictator and everything not right with being a leader.
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by SlimDaddyPee: 8:07am On Aug 03, 2021
Person wey slap France President sef, na 4 month dem give am grin
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by Teejay13(m): 8:07am On Aug 03, 2021
When has freedom of speech been abolished in Nigeria?

All this our rubber stamp judge, put it in your mind that one day sha God will also judge you

1 Like

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by udemzyudex(m): 8:07am On Aug 03, 2021
chrisvic007:
There is freedom of expression but you must he prepared for the consequence.

Which stup1d consequence?
Na military rule we dey?

1 Like

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by jaxxy(m): 8:07am On Aug 03, 2021
Is that not abuse of human rights and his constitutional rights?

Where in the constitution is it stated u can’t or u go to jail for insulting a public officer u elected or a bloody Sgf?

1 Like

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 8:07am On Aug 03, 2021
Seriously our prison shud be filled with those who insult gej
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by Splitmind: 8:08am On Aug 03, 2021
ceaser:
What did France do to the man who landed a hot disorienting slap on their President Macron again?

Oh yeah, he is walking around freely at the moment after the incident that happened about 2 months ago.

Friends, I welcome you officially to the pariah state of Nigeria, a Fulani dictatorial and tyranical government.

Weak and morally backwards France did nothing to the idiot! Yet they want to keep persecuting Islamic freedom fighters!

This is why I love Nigeria, it has strong and moral leaders who don't tolerate nonsense.
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by izubext007: 8:08am On Aug 03, 2021
Rubbish...................let's them come .
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:08am On Aug 03, 2021
Yet we will be blaming US for not selling us fighter jets and war planes. How will the US see this and want to partner with us in fighting insurgency. How?

Is this something good we can be boastful about or that we can be proud of as a Nation.

5 Likes

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by SammyChi1988: 8:08am On Aug 03, 2021
So, we are no longer in democracy? This is a terrorist government.. Fulanis has destroyed Nigeria completely.
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by teepain: 8:08am On Aug 03, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Respect the, north!!! When it comes to northern interest, her politicians jettison party affiliations..

See the way northern PDP joined their APC counterparts to condemn and sentence the young man for insulting their terrorist leader.

But Down south, both APC and PDP southern leaders cannot even unite to pursue ordinary restructuring or resource control.
Nah so dem go dey fight till Buhari leave office.
Shame!

Southerners do have a lot to learn honestly

1 Like

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by Onlykwaffy(m): 8:09am On Aug 03, 2021
vanity Upon Vanity
we will all die One day and we won't take our Tyrannic Powers with us , Because satan is a king in his kingdom and he will deal with you Squarely
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by Holuwaxheun(m): 8:09am On Aug 03, 2021
SmartPolician:

I don't quite agree, please. There's division of labor in government. If Buhari could do all that, why did he appoint someone to head the DSS then?

Buhari cannot be seeing everything that happens around the 36 states and the FCT...that's why the constitution empowered him to appoint people to man those institutions.

If he could do it alone, there wouldn't be any need for people to head those institutions. For instance, he's the minister of petroleum, so we will blame him for everything that goes wrong in that subsector.

Does autonomy means lack of control for check and balance ?

He might have delegated power and authority to them, but its still on his part to ensure that such powers are properly use, and abuser of such should be dealt with.

I disagree with u sir

4 Likes

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by Bluesea1and2: 8:09am On Aug 03, 2021
Goodluck Jonathan endures more lol
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by contigiency(m): 8:09am On Aug 03, 2021
DefHQ:

Stupid headline from a mischief maker. So he was sentenced because he insulted buhari? You couldn't even give a hint of the crime he committed. Rather, you centered your frivolous writing on buhari. If that is the case many Nigerians would have been in jail today, after they insult him every minute, and I am not aware they are being disturbed for that.
Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by berrystunn(m): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2021
bluefilm:
If they come to Nairaland, dem go pack people like wetin because Nairaland be like the meeting place for all Buhari insulters since 2015.

Hahahahahah then go really pack pack people..but
Too many are not in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF by Ibbawa: 8:10am On Aug 03, 2021
Engage a qualified virtual bookkeeper to prepare

Financial reports
Business Plans
Management reports
Update your Zero/QuickBooks

Fees starting from 10k
Call 09045894375.[b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wives Of Nigeria’s Current Powerful Politicians / EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) / Governor Rochas Okorocha Spotted On A Motorcycle In Owerri, Nigerians React. PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.