Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,908 members, 7,810,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! (1096 Views)

I Got Scammed Pls Help / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed / Lagos Chef Brutally Beaten By Scammers After Fake Contract Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! by Tolams16(m): 10:17am On Aug 03, 2021
let me just go straight to the point and tell victims to go about the situation before some fools on this thread start coming to say I want people to private chat me so I can scam them.

Step 1.
Make sure you have the record of the chats with the scammer, the transaction id of the transfer you made to the scammer, the account number, account name and bank of the scammer. Please keep this records well especially the chats and transfer id. You can also screenshot them for better safe keeping.

Step 2
Go to the bank of the scammer, for example if you sent the money to an access bank account then go to any access bank branch and complain. When you get to the bank ask to see the anti fraud unit that you have been scammed by a member of this bank. Every bank has an anti fraud unit that works hand in hand with the central bank.

Step3.
Upon meeting with the anti fraud unit, they will ask for the evidence or proof that you were actually scammed. This is where you provide them with the chats, the transfer id, and the account number and name of the scammer. These proofs will be critically examined to ensure they are real and legit. The bank will check the chats to ensure there was actually a conversation with the scammer and to confirm that the person is actually a scammer and ensure you are not framing someone who is into a legitimate business, then they will check the transaction id of the transfer you made to ensure the money actually entered the scammers account.

Now the scammers bank account is connected to a BVN, the BvN will be brought out through his account number, then the bank can now freeze that particular account for illegal activities, the scammer would be given a call by the bank to come and clearify himself, and when he comes the bank would have called officials from the central bank and law enforcement officers like the police or efcc to attend to him and if he does not come, that bank account will be frozen a directive will also been sent to the central bank, the central bank anti fraud unit will fish out every other bank account attached to that bvn and freeze it, it doesn't matter if it belongs to him or his friend the account will be frozen till someone comes to complain.

And note that someone cannot have more than one bvn, so he can't even open another account anywhere else.
Chances are that you are not the only one that has been scammed and the bank might have received a series of complaints from otheer people concerning that account for fraudulent activities. So this might catalyse the process of apprehending the criminal.

However note thagthif if the scammer uses a virtual Bank such as Kuda bank, or raven, or Vbank or any virtual Bank at all then it is very hard to track, it is much better if it is a normal bank.

Hope you have learnt something from this post and above all I hope you take the necessary steps immediately. I wish you Goodluck!

5 Likes

Re: How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! by LyordsonDrey: 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2021
Am gonna nail that Boom /Cruise TV asshole for good... Thank you for this

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! by Polynek(m): 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2021
All dix stress will be avoided if someone is self contend and being careful wen dealing with pple, I hv not being scammed b4 and I can never be scammed

2 Likes

Re: How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! by Kachikey(m): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2021
i got scam and i tried this method,unfortunately we use the same bank i made complain to the bank head office and even copy cbn fraud unit in the mail,even followed it with a call to their customer unit i was ask to get a police report,i went to police station to get report,police said i should go to court and get court order and the whole process to get the court order would even cost me more, than the money the scammer scam me.i just tire for the matter this country no be am at all, even with all the evidence it got to a point that i was unable to send mail to the bank i also sent a different mail to cbn on the matter nothing was done......

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! by RadioMOUTH(m): 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2021
grin cheesy

Scammed ✅

Recover my lost fund❌

Re: How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! by Providence2020(m): 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nigerians scamming Nigerians got to be cannibalism nah

Also its almost impossible for anyone to undertake all those options properly without money, there's nothing more painful than spending your way through an investigation that might still hit a brick wall unless the scammed amount was very large.

#VoteOutAPC2023
#YouthVotes
#NoPDP
#NoAPC
Re: How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! by Haddock(m): 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2021
Polynek:
All dix stress will be avoided if someone is self contend and being careful wen dealing with pple, I hv not being scammed b4 and I can never be scammed

You're self contend (sic) abi? Maybe you're so "self contend" you don't buy nor sell. Smartest person alive!
Re: How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! by Polynek(m): 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
Haddock:

You're self contend (sic) abi? Maybe you're so "self contend" you don't buy nor sell. Smartest person alive!
No time 4 argument, I don tell you my own
Re: How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! by danilmo: 8:24pm On Aug 03, 2021
Tolams16:
let me just go straight to the point and tell victims to go about the situation before some fools on this thread start coming to say I want people to private chat me so I can scam them.

Step 1.
Make sure you have the record of the chats with the scammer, the transaction id of the transfer you made to the scammer, the account number, account name and bank of the scammer. Please keep this records well especially the chats and transfer id. You can also screenshot them for better safe keeping.

Step 2
Go to the bank of the scammer, for example if you sent the money to an access bank account then go to any access bank branch and complain. When you get to the bank ask to see the anti fraud unit that you have been scammed by a member of this bank. Every bank has an anti fraud unit that works hand in hand with the central bank.

Step3.
Upon meeting with the anti fraud unit, they will ask for the evidence or proof that you were actually scammed. This is where you provide them with the chats, the transfer id, and the account number and name of the scammer. These proofs will be critically examined to ensure they are real and legit. The bank will check the chats to ensure there was actually a conversation with the scammer and to confirm that the person is actually a scammer and ensure you are not framing someone who is into a legitimate business, then they will check the transaction id of the transfer you made to ensure the money actually entered the scammers account.

Now the scammers bank account is connected to a BVN, the BvN will be brought out through his account number, then the bank can now freeze that particular account for illegal activities, the scammer would be given a call by the bank to come and clearify himself, and when he comes the bank would have called officials from the central bank and law enforcement officers like the police or efcc to attend to him and if he does not come, that bank account will be frozen a directive will also been sent to the central bank, the central bank anti fraud unit will fish out every other bank account attached to that bvn and freeze it, it doesn't matter if it belongs to him or his friend the account will be frozen till someone comes to complain.

And note that someone cannot have more than one bvn, so he can't even open another account anywhere else.
Chances are that you are not the only one that has been scammed and the bank might have received a series of complaints from otheer people concerning that account for fraudulent activities. So this might catalyse the process of apprehending the criminal.

However note thagthif if the scammer uses a virtual Bank such as Kuda bank, or raven, or Vbank or any virtual Bank at all then it is very hard to track, it is much better if it is a normal bank.

Hope you have learnt something from this post and above all I hope you take the necessary steps immediately. I wish you Goodluck!

My scammer used Provides bank that doesn't require BVN.. they only froze the acc, nothing much
Re: How To Recover Your Money From Scammers After Been Scammed. Pls Read!!! by lereinter(m): 11:38am On Aug 04, 2021
Tolams16:

True sha

There's so many methods for defrauding people

Contended people can be scammed, someone who's hungry can be scammed

Students, low income earners can

Scammers evaluate the category you for into and use it

There's nothing true about the fact that you can never be scammed

Just be careful and prayerful

(1) (Reply)

Omg ! / Two Pastors Arrested After Forcing Member To Have Gay Sex In Lagos / South African Reporter Robbed On Live TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.