Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? (30470 Views)

Expiry Date And Best Before Do NOT Mean The Same Thing! / Lady Burnt Noodles While Watching 'Zee World' (Photos) / Top 5 Ways To Make Indomie Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Handsnigga: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
wink
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by adebenson155: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
The best before date is about quality and not safety. The food will be safe to eat after this date but may not be at its best. Its flavour and texture might not be as good as before!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by hedonido: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
Who Macaroni help? I'm more interested in beer. How safe is beer after best before date?
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by sesaan(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
I think there is a difference between Expired and best before, for example food is best served hot or warm that doesn't mean it is bad when served cold. Eat your macaroni nothing will happen, but if paraventure you die Nairaland will blame Buhari and you will be forgotten the next day. Jeeez I just bought lacasera for N120 in area 1 abuja
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Lightorder: 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2021
Chai ! In today Nigerian ? My brother, you are doing well ! When you see best before a certain date, it means that you will enjoy it with the original manufactured quality and taste intact. But anything after then , you MIGHT not have that quality completely intact but it has not expired. But atleast , wouldn’t be too healthy consuming after 2 or three months after, depending on the type of products. By experience and advice by professionals
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Officialgarri: 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2021
Dat2Jo Hello Nairalanders. So my father in-law who happens to be a politician just sent in some food itema among the covid-19 palliatives they hoarded. I just noticed that among the items, 5 cartons of indomie and 5 cartons of Honeywell Macaroni both carry a 'best before date' of 2mnts ago (1st June 2021 and 3rd June 2021 respectively). How safe will it be for us to consume them? Or should we just dispose them off? Thanks
how do you feel when they are insulting palliative thieves knowing fully well that your father is one of those causing hardship on people.

3 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Musharraf7: 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2021
Dat2jo:
Hello Nairalanders. So I was gifted some food items. I just noticed that among them, 5 cartons of indomie and 5 cartons of Honeywell Macaroni both carry a 'best before date' of 2mnts ago (1st June 2021 and 3rd June 2021 respectively). How safe will it be for us to consume them? Or should we just dispose them off? Thanks
u can eat it and nothing will happen. Food pass through best before, better, good then before spoilage unlike drugs that have expiry date.
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by defcon4: 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
Most food items have an extra 6 months after BB. Although many factors such as storage, temperature, humidity determine.

My bet, chop brother nothing dey happen. Spices like that used in indomie have a shelf life of up to 5 years, they don't get spoilt, only loose flavour

4 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by NobodyHoly: 7:05pm On Aug 03, 2021
Any food item should have a six-month extension after the stated expiry date.

But my question is: Can you consume it in six months?
Was it prepared with the right materials that can guarantee the after-life cycle?
Are you sure it's original and not fake?

better safe than sorry.
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by vickydevoka(m): 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2021
stevebond007:
Best before doesn't mean it has turn to poison, but it means it would have lost its taste and properties.

Expiry date for drugs means it has definitely turn to poison.
Dats y drugs give company gives six month ahead. U are right though
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by AfroBeatDiary: 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2021
Dat2jo:
Hello Nairalanders. So I was gifted some food items. I just noticed that among them, 5 cartons of indomie and 5 cartons of Honeywell Macaroni both carry a 'best before date' of 2mnts ago (1st June 2021 and 3rd June 2021 respectively). How safe will it be for us to consume them? Or should we just dispose them off? Thanks

Give them to livestock. If you have none, kindly pm me to purchase them. Thanks.
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Depressed101: 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2021
Dat2jo:
why would someone gift you such kind of thing and you accepted, the best time to gift it to you was 3months ago.. Very pride and reject food wey them reject..
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by od501: 7:08pm On Aug 03, 2021
Dat2jo:

For real? Are you a nutritionist or a health worker?

Looks like a mortuary attendant to me undecided
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by udemzyudex(m): 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2021
You mean freaky freaky daddy.?
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by mechanics(m): 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2021
That's the expiry date o, return it to where you bought it from and they will change it for you.
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by UncutSk(m): 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2021
this op na mumu iswr
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2021
Thunder fire that your in-law. He horded food meant for the masses.
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Orpe7(m): 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2021
U greedy mofo, u were gifted this much and u hoarded it till they expired shame on u.
Or na from last month warehouse looting u loot am come dey bobo us
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by bammo: 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2021
adebenson155:
The best before date is about quality and not safety. The food will be safe to eat after this date but may not be at its best. Its flavour and texture might not be as good as before!!!!
Hmmmn. Then which one is about safety? keep deceiving yourself..
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by mfm04622: 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
Safe!
That is why "best by" date is used and not "expired by". "Best by" date is about quality and not safety
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by lkillbrokehoes: 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2021
Throw it away for your own safety
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Segzy19: 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2021
Best before is different from expiry date.

Best best means the quality is no longer best after the date. Quality would have dropped or reduced but it is still safe to consume. Just that you won't get that top quality again.

However, expiry means it isn't safe for consumption anymore. Even at at, expiry date still has 3 months of Grace period after which if you take it, you are on your own and your creator...

In conclusion, you can boldly go on to consume them except if it is visible bad...

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by poweredcom(m): 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2021
Oga chop am notin go do u...all dose expiry tins no de kill us
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Onelove508: 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
Had same issue with condoms

My NYSC friend gave me some condoms a while ago, just discovered that they expired three months ago. Can I keep using them?
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by fitinwell: 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
Boil and Eat simple
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Ayemileto(m): 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
mariahAngel:

For the love of yourself and your family, take down this post ASAP!
If it gets to the front page, you’re toast!

You asked him to take it down, but quoted the whole thing for us to read.

Thanks for quoting everything, OP already edited the main post, and most of us wouldn't have gotten the main gist of not for you.

God bless. grin

4 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Ombudsman1: 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2021
post=104394374:
From the kitchen of @[/b], This is the answer you seek.

Pasta won't spoil easily because it's a dry product.
You can use it well past the expiration date, so long as it doesn't smell funny.
[b]Generally, dry pasta has a shelf life is one years, but you can typically push it to two.

We Rise!

You claim to operate a grill and bar etc which you speak so highly of yet so idly appearing on every thread soon as it's created. For how long would you live in chronic delusion? You are far from normal
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Etumgbe(m): 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
Op you are doing well
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Memberclub(m): 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
You can still eat them.
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Lightorder: 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
MejiLoyon:

The mods will put it on fp if you provide the name of your father in-law that is kind enough to send indomie to his beloved daughter and son in-law. A very thoughtful father that cares for his family. What a great man he is. Put his name no need for pictures so we can honour him here.
my own inlaws would shock you. Imagine asking two full adults if they are feeding well. After my wedding, my wife and I were young but were not jobless. They would call and ask, “ hope you guys are eating WELL”. I could remember one occasion they sent us 400k , I no ask o. After every every, everything was like 900k then o . I had to tell my wife never ever receive anything from them o. She would ask me , are they not my parents? Who are they still taking care of? We have all graduated, what would they be doing with their money? I just weak.
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2021
Dat2jo:

It's still safe for consumption. I remember in one of the late Dora video clips expired items, she said " foods can still be consumed even after atleast 3 months of its expiry date"
Re: How Safe Is Macaroni/noodles After "Best Before Date"? by Danzakidakura(m): 7:31pm On Aug 03, 2021
Dat2jo:
it's very save my dear. Don't eat it raw.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Questions/useful Tips On Cake Baking,decorating Etc / A Post For Nigerians Who Love Food, By Nigerians Who Love Food(pictures) / Efirin/scented Leaf Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.