Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho (24411 Views)

Court Restrains EFCC From Arresting Ozekhome / How Yoruba Elders Prevented FG From Arresting Sunday Igboho / Letter To Malami From US Congress And Senate Before Sowore Was Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Oyiboman69: 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2021
BJanta:

Why would you not appreciate what they are doing first. At least a court of competent jurisdiction has challenged them, why would we not wait to see how events unfold?This was the way El Zaki Zaki's illegal arrest was handled. Was the government able to proceed with the case with any degree of success?No.And after a long pretence,he was released. Taking this kind of approach turns the whole issue into a media affair, attracting both local and international media. This always gets all governments confused, weakened and immobile. Let's not begin to make our own envious suggestions and insinuations.
I'm just catching fun my guy,nothing serous...
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by dappydozzy(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
tiswell:
Let him enter naija and watch as they bundle him to dss detain facility.
'FG is bigger than the judiciary"

FG is not bigger than judiciary,it is only in Nigeria where the judiciary is an appendage of the FG,even in Ghana the FG is not bigger than the judiciary,even the police will challenge the President that your directive have violated the Constitution of our nation,can that happen in Nigeria, a country governed by a bunch of animals in the name of one Nigeria. In a country where there are strong institutions,the judiciary checkmates the executive, in such climes,the DSS director general will be arrested for issuing any warrant against a court order. The system will get rid of you.because power belongs to the people.
What we have right now is a civilian autocracy.

Laughing in spiritual powers kiiikikikiokiorichoco
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Jostoman: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2021
brainpulse:
Funny! You cant stop a law agency like DSS from carrying out its Job.

Howbeit It is just an exparte order (temporary), and DSS may not obey it in the interest of National security
you should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by ImmaculateSpenc: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2021
colestephan86:

Kanu ordered the killing of a sitting governor, ordered that public institutions be destroyed.
Tell me one that igboho did

Sorry ... kindly state one person he ordered his killing before Nigerian forces killed scores of persons in his house, simple.

Two, you can’t kill me and will not expect me to retaliate, everyone is entitled to self-defense according to Nigerian constitution.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by BJanta: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2021
Oyiboman69:
I'm just catching fun my guy,nothing serous...

GOD, bless you bro, amen.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Holaomoakin(m): 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
Justice system has comma, don't arrest if he bears arm, don't arrest if he is not in Nigeria, don't arrest even if he enters Nigeria.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by colestephan86: 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
ImmaculateSpenc:

Sorry ... kindly state one person he ordered his killing before Nigerian forces killed scores of persons in his house, simple.

Two, you can’t kill me and will not expect me to retaliate, everyone is entitled to self-defense according to Nigerian constitution.
I am not here to prove any points, if he didn't order the killings and distruction , soon we all will know
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Ellasure: 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2021
brainpulse:
Funny! You cant stop a law agency like DSS from carrying out its Job.

Howbeit It is just an exparte order (temporary), and DSS may not obey it in the interest of National security

Just for clarity,
I thought that DSS was a creation of the law of the federal government of Nigeria. If the DSS now outgrown the laws that created it, it will be a monster. And monsters get treated as monsters. The people that have gone to courts are establishing a reason for desention and if the opportunity arises the ogas at DSS will not be able to stand their ground. That is assuming that they have good advice and advisers with them.

If you don't obey the law as an arm of government, what stops other departments of government to obey you.

Have you read about chaos theory ? It is not only fulani people chop crazy, other people can follow chop crazy too.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by ImmaculateSpenc: 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
colestephan86:

I am not here to prove any points, if he didn't order the killings and distruction , soon we all will know

He will come out stronger like the first time. British delegation will be going to see him by next week, he isn’t just there alone.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by teepain: 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2021
Bar1941:
Good one but the problem is court judgements are not honoured by Buhari and his DSS when they go against them.

But when the court insisted that DSS must produce Igboho's associates that were arrested they did, even though they would have loved not to. There is a limit to the number of court orders that they can flout.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Buckeyemedia1: 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
adioolayi:
I hope the Judiciary will continue to be the last hope of a common man.....Will they obey the directive That's the big question
The Federal High Court Abuja gave the DSS the order to arrest igboho, Which has been obeyed.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Buckeyemedia1: 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2021
teepain:

But when the court insisted that DSS must produce Igboho's associates that were arrested they did, even though they would have loved not to. There is a limit to the number of court orders that they can flout.
Null & void, waste of time, only a superior court to the Federal High Court Abuja, The Appeals Court can give such an order.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Cmeo(m): 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2021
The question is can a federal institution be cheated to state high court? I guess the answer is NO. The injuction may not be well binding on the DSS. The lawyers should know better.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by colestephan86: 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2021
ImmaculateSpenc:

He will come out stronger like the first time. British delegation will be going to see him by next week, he isn’t just there alone.
Oh, that's great news, when they are going there to see him make sure you go too.
Will like to share with you what I feel will happen to him.
The Nigerian government will use him as a scapegoat , cos I trust buhari will not negotiate with him.
And rest assured there will be nothing UK or the queen will do about it.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by ImmaculateSpenc: 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2021
colestephan86:

Oh, that's great news, when they are going there to see him make sure you go too.
Will like to share with you what I feel will happen to him.
The Nigerian government will use him as a scapegoat , cos I trust buhari will not negotiate with him.
And rest assured there will be nothing UK or the queen will do about it.

Hahahah... I’m laughing because you don’t know, that Nigeria is highly inconsequential in the scheme of things on the international stage.

A nation that doesn’t command respect among African states.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by colestephan86: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2021
ImmaculateSpenc:

Hahahah... I’m laughing because you don’t know, that Nigeria is highly inconsequential in the scheme of things on the international stage.

A nation that doesn’t command respect among African states.
If he goes home by September, I will give you 20k.
Let's see as events unfold
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by ImmaculateSpenc: 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2021
colestephan86:

If he goes home by September, I will give you 20k.
Let's see as events unfold

I’ve not said he’s going home today, but he will leave there more popular than he came. All international news network are reporting his case, that’s what he wants as a freedom fighter.

Secondly, considering the fact that Nigerian government didn’t international rules of extradition, they can’t kill him.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by adioolayi(m): 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
The Federal High Court Abuja gave the DSS the order to arrest igboho, Which has been obeyed.

When was the order to arrest Igboho given Can you share a link
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Eyiwunmi33(m): 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
Lawyers in the house should help us clarify the matter.
Can a state court pass a judgment that affects or restraint a federal institution from doing something just as it is in this case?
©LegalWolf, Una service is needed.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by LegalWolf: 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2021
Eyiwunmi33:
Lawyers in the house should help us clarify the matter.
Can a state court pass a judgment that affects or restraint a federal institution from doing something just as it is in this case?
©LegalWolf, Una service is needed.

Yes they can. if it is a Fundamental Human rights action (which I suspect it is in this case), state’s high court can restrict even the presidency. This is without prejudice to other instances where State High Court can restrict FG agencies.

I hope I’ve clarified, brother?
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by tiswell(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=dappydozzy post=104421784][/quote]read my post again,slowly this time and see where I made use of inverted commas (' "wink emphasizing more on phrase in context.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by BIEYA: 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2021
The difference is there
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Eyiwunmi33(m): 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
LegalWolf:

Yes they can. if it is a Fundamental Human rights action (which I suspect it is in this case), state’s high court can restrict even the presidency. This is without prejudice to other instances where State High Court can restrict FG agencies.

I hope I’ve clarified, brother?
Yes, you have Barrister.
But pls one more question. Is there exists any superiority between a State High Court and The Federal High Court, Abuja. just because the latter is situated at the FCT?
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Eyiwunmi33(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2021
Cmeo:
The question is can a federal institution be cheated to state high court? I guess the answer is NO. The injuction may not be well binding on the DSS. The lawyers should know better.

Well, according to legalwolf who is a lawyer, a state high court can pass a judgment against a federal institution and even the presidency if the issue of human rights is concerned just as we have it here.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by LegalWolf: 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
Eyiwunmi33:

Yes, you have Barrister.
But pls one more question. Is there exists any superiority between a State High Court and The Federal High Court, Abuja. just because the latter is situated at the FCT?

Let me clarify, there is Federal High Court and there is High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja (FCT High Court). There is just one federal high court in Nigeria but it has “branches” in every state of the country. However, the FCT High Court is the equivalent of State High Court in Abuja. Hope this is helpful.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Kbanka: 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
How can a states Court order FG? Lawyers in the house ��
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Eyiwunmi33(m): 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2021
LegalWolf:

Let me clarify, there is Federal High Court and there is High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja (FCT High Court). There is just one federal high court in Nigeria but it has “branches” in every state of the country. However, the FCT High Court is the equivalent of State High Court in Abuja. Hope this is helpful.

I get it now....thanks.
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by calcal: 12:14am On Aug 05, 2021
That's another trap for Igboho, never thrust the zoo. He is safe in Benin republic for now.

Benin Rep. can as well let him go to Germany immediately since the arrest warrant has been lifted
Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by Cmeo(m): 8:17pm On Aug 05, 2021
Eyiwunmi33:

Well, according to legalwolf who is a lawyer, a state high court can pass a judgment against a federal institution and even the presidency if the issue of human rights is concerned just as we have it here.

Now, I have learnt something new, facilitated by you. Thanks to you and Legalwolf

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho by LegalWolf: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
Cmeo:

Now, I have learnt something new, facilitated by you. Thanks to you and Legalwolf

You’re welcome brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Osibanjo Lands In Ekiti (Pictures) / Army Rescues 21 Underage Pregnant Teenagers In Abia Baby Factory / I Can Defeat Jonathan If INEC Conducts Credible Elections - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.