Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Share Your Experience With A Therapist. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Experience With A Therapist. (688 Views)

Read This Before Seeing a Therapist in Nigeria / Coronavirus: Share Your Experience Staying At Home / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience With A Therapist. by siofra(f): 11:12am On Aug 04, 2021
Hey guys,

I'm finally seeing a therapist, I realize I have a lot of mental issues I have to look into especially anxiety and I really need to talk to a professional about it, I come from a household where things like this are not taken seriously.

My parents are vaguely aware I'm dealing with these mental issues but they only refer to it when they want to ridicule me or insult me *sigh
This has affected my social life seriously, honestly, I don't know how I went from having a bubbly happy personality to this adult who gets irritated by people. I know people suck but mine is so petty my friends point it out.

I just need my positivity back, I'm tired of all the emotional and verbal abuse. 80% of Nigerian parents are very toxic but I don't know why most young Nigerians ignore it and shrug it off as nothing when in reality it affects them so much they grow up and start having all these mental issues and then they start blaming their village people and the government.

Please if you can, see a therapist today if you suspect that you have depression, anxiety, autism, etc if you don't know about them please educate yourself and see your doctor.

Anyway tomorrow will be my first session and I don't know how to act or behave, the mere thought of having to talk about my mental issues with a stranger makes me very uncomfortable but at the same time excited.

So how has your experience been with therapists? Please kindly share.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Therapist. by Ammishaddai: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2021
You don't have mental issues abeg...na inferiority complex with a dose of westernized stupidity dey worry you . Go and see a pastor for proper deliverance if not you'll be selling yourself into the hands of Beta-blockers and the likes Mitrazapine ,and amitriptyline. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Share Your Experience With A Therapist. by siofra(f): 11:37am On Aug 04, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You don't have mental issues beg...na inferiority complex with a dose of westernized stupidity dey worry you . Go and see a pastor for proper deliverance if not you'll be selling yourself into the hands of Beta-blockers and the likes Mitrazapine ,and amitriptyline. A word is enough for the wise

The one who wears the shoes, knows where it pinches.

And by the way inferiority complex requires therapy too in case in your narrow mindedness you didn't know that.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With A Therapist. by Ammishaddai: 11:39am On Aug 04, 2021
[s]
siofra:

The one who wears the shoes, knows where it pinches.

And by the way inferiority complex requires therapy too in case in your narrow mindedness you didn't know that.
[/s] You dey deceive yourself. But kwantinue . Las ,las na Mitrazapine go be you bread and water
Re: Share Your Experience With A Therapist. by zexy2030(m): 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2021
My dear depression is real, I know when depression sets in. I either start having too much sxx and too much food. It was then I knew I could be having some depressions underlying. 90% of Nigerians are depressed, forget about the clubbing. If we are not depressed, you will see alot of development individually to better our society.

Sometimes when depressed I can sex like 8 times a day just to get sleep and immediately eat again. My last gf ran away because I don't allow her sleep at night, she lost weights due to endless fvck at night.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With A Therapist. by siofra(f): 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2021
zexy2030:
My dear depression is real, I know when depression sets in. I either start having too much sxx and too much food. It was then I knew I could be having some depressions underlying. 90% of Nigerians are depressed, forget about the clubbing. If we are not depressed, you will see alot of development individually to better our society.

Sometimes when depressed I can sex like 8 times a day just to get sleep and immediately eat again. My last gf ran away because I don't allow her sleep at night, she lost weights due to endless fvck at night.
Hmm, that was your way of coping.
So did you seek medical help?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With A Therapist. by yuping(m): 9:26am On Aug 07, 2021
zexy2030:

What's the cause of your depression, they must be something you are worked or worried about.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With A Therapist. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
siofra:
Hey guys,

I'm finally seeing a therapist, I realize I have a lot of mental issues I have to look into especially anxiety and I really need to talk to a professional about it, I come from a household where things like this are not taken seriously.

My parents are vaguely aware I'm dealing with these mental issues but they only refer to it when they want to ridicule me or insult me *sigh
This has affected my social life seriously, honestly, I don't know how I went from having a bubbly happy personality to this adult who gets irritated by people. I know people suck but mine is so petty my friends point it out.

I just need my positivity back, I'm tired of all the emotional and verbal abuse. 80% of Nigerian parents are very toxic but I don't know why most young Nigerians ignore it and shrug it off as nothing when in reality it affects them so much they grow up and start having all these mental issues and then they start blaming their village people and the government.

Please if you can, see a therapist today if you suspect that you have depression, anxiety, autism, etc if you don't know about them please educate yourself and see your doctor.

Anyway tomorrow will be my first session and I don't know how to act or behave, the mere thought of having to talk about my mental issues with a stranger makes me very uncomfortable but at the same time excited.

So how has your experience been with therapists? Please kindly share.

Please give me the # number of your therapist. Can your therapist do emdr?
Re: Share Your Experience With A Therapist. by siofra(f): 2:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
kneehighbootz:

Please give me the # number of your therapist. Can your therapist do emdr?

I don't know if she can do EMDR

I'll have to ask her if that would be okay.
Re: Share Your Experience With A Therapist. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
siofra:

I don't know if she can do EMDR
I'll have to ask her if that would be okay.
Okay. Please forward me her number later via pm. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

We Handle Pregnancy And Heart Problems! / How To Prevent Unwanted Pregnancy, Clear Blocked Fallopian Tube & Cure Private P / Help! I May Be Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.