Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France (15119 Views)

How Aurora Got Me A Job In A Multinational Company In Lagos / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) / Fresh Jobs Recruitment In A Multinational Telecom Company (28 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by dingbang(m): 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
Getat.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Ekg911(m): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2021
Bro I go say make you grab the job first then work for 3-4years, work experience is the priority.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by timesup234: 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
Nothing in France again. Just gays and sour wine
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Localordinary: 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2021
How much is 300,000 in euros? The best thing that can happen to prospective Nigerian youths is to seek a way to study in an advanced country cos that your so called multinational company can't secure your job. Even if na Poland you wan go do your masters japa o. Na beg I dey beg u biko

ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

Please I need your advice on this, which do you prefer and reasons if possible. A job in a multinational that pays 300k and trainings in Europe and the other opportunity is a Masters degree program in France.

Please which of the two would you stick with?
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by chaloskyx: 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2021
Go for the job after some years take study leave and come back to your role once you are done
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by JTCHI: 7:34pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hmm,,,, Multinational job is a big opportunity to go for later apply for Masters in any country of your choice. Good luck! Bro.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by taneez(f): 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2021
Inflation has rubbished 300k o. We that are earning more are planning to move out. Take the job and plan to do MSC or MBA in 2years time (yeah there are scholarships for both)

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
damosky12:

You think everyone who flees Nigeria for oversees experience the "better standard of living?" You think there aren't Nigerians in Canada, UK, and co who aren't emotionally, financially, and physically stranded? You'll do well to re-examine reality and wake up from utopia.
Nigger those ones you mention are better off than the average Niggerian. They don't swim in money and don't need to to wat 3 square meals and get a roof over their heads. You who swims in money can be shot by the people you pay to protect you and nothing will happen. Dey there
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Overthemoonman: 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
Miket4real:

The cold self na die.... was once speaking to a Uncle of mine about coming there, him talk sense to my head and made me see the real situation over there.
What cold? Your uncle is wicked and selfish. He doesn't just want to help you. The wahala wey you dey face for Nigeria no pass the cold? Abi how many Nigerians have you heard that died as a result of the cold? Why haven't your uncle retuned back to Nigeria? Why is he still there? Guy, if you have the chance to leave Nigeria legitimately, pls do. An uncle of mine that lives in UK is trying to connect me to some jobs in Nigeria but he said his priority to see that that I leave this country and join him over there....

3 Likes

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by belovez(m): 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
Aburada:
Like slawormiir would say

"A tie of weed at hand is worth hectares of weed in the bush"

You forgot to put Damn niggar

grin
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2021
It will be helpful if you can tell us , what multinational company you have an offer from as well as what you are going to study in France.

Then people can give you informed opinions on the path forward. For example going to France to study HR is different from going to France to study artificial intelligence.

Also a job at Unilever is not the same as a job at Facebook Nigeria or Shell

3 Likes

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by nonexy11: 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2021
Let me give you my story, perhaps it could help you. As a fresh graduate, I immediately began my masters in Nigeria and simultaneously got 2 job offers with multinational companies here in Nigeria. Good pay, cozy lifestyle, everything picture perfect. Then I had a scholarship to study somewhere in the Scandinavia. new language, new people new challenges. I was in this same valley of decision you find yourself now. I considered some factors.
1-Age*- was on my side
2- The salary looked big initially,however responsibilities would soon outgrow the salary. In the long run it was not sustainable.
3- I needed some adventure.
4-Delayed Gratification

I took study leave from my place of work and left. That was one of the best decisions of my life so far. I transverse from Europe to America. It was worth it cause after I finished my Masters , I had far better job offers and PhD research positions from different companies/Institutions. I was confused on what to do with my life because I loved ALL the offers I got. Funny enough, they all came during the same period. I had to take the harder choice.

My Opinion. SOME work space, especially in the Nigerian work settings (Even in multinational companies) can be toxic very. Take that risk. Job no dey finish. I want to assume that for you to get these offers, you are probably a smart dude. Hunger no go kill you even if you dont find a job after graduation. you would have an experience you could treasure for a life time. Its not always about the money. Money would definitely come somehow somwhere.

Cheers

Disclaimer: The above write-up is strictly the opinion of nonexy11. It should be followed at users risk.

3 Likes

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by damosky12(m): 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Nigger those ones you mention are better off than the average Niggerian. They don't swim in money and don't need to to wat 3 square meals and get a roof over their heads. You who swims in money can be shot by the people you pay to protect you and nothing will happen. Dey there

LOL. You live in utopia. You have been tricked to believe that the law enforcement bodies in USA and Europe care about protecting you. If you're careless in any of these places, you think these white supremacists will think twice about shooting you? You think many blacks are not endangered in these countries? Think twice!
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2021
damosky12:

LOL. You live in utopia. You have been tricked to believe that the law enforcement bodies in USA and Europe care about protecting you. If you're careless in any of these places, you think these white supremacists will think twice about shooting you? You think many blacks are not endangered in these countries? Think twice!
Stop speaking out of your arse. They dont care but they still do their jobs. Not a trick. Its fact. I can wake up at 2 am and take a walk to clear my head. I have actually done so several times. Walk like 7 kilomteres away from my house. Can you do the same?
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by JIREN01: 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Make una dey dey informed nah
Unless he wants to eat sand while saving.
Doesnt he have rent and other expenses?
Lets even say he has where to stay and does not spend a penny of his salary ( 300k). At the end of 2 years he will save about 7.2m naira which is approximately 17,500 $
Average school fees in US is about 20k. For international students about $900k.
Lets not talk of air ticket, where you will stay etc.
Loool. $900k ke? grin grin Lord of exagerration.

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Genea(f): 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

Please I need your advice on this, which do you prefer and reasons if possible. A job in a multinational that pays 300k and trainings in Europe and the other opportunity is a Masters degree program in France.

multinational job then after 2years of working, take a study leave and do your masters

2 Likes

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by damosky12(m): 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Stop speaking out of your arse.
Maybe that's a thing with your tribe or bloodline. Never seen that before... grin

They dont care but they still do their jobs. Not a trick. Its fact. I can wake up at 2 am and take a walk to clear my head.
Naive. Depends on the location. It's not safe to walk alone at night in many places in the US and Europe. They may not have kidnappers, they have robbers and armed muggers. Stop being infantile!

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by hopyroll(m): 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
Where una dey see the job abeg
Only you, two mighty opportunities.
Congratulations to any option you chose
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
damosky12:

Maybe that's a thing with your tribe or bloodline. Never seen that before... grin

Naive. Depends on the location. It's not safe to walk alone at night in many places in the US and Europe. They may not have kidnappers, they have robbers and armed muggers. Stop being infantile!
Nigger I sounded out a challenge. We are not talkong of US or Europe! We are talking of your shithole where you swim in money. Go outside late at night. Matter of fact take a bagfull of thay money you are swimming in if the place is as sabe as you claim it is.
Thank God you said some parts. In your shithole it's all parts. As I speak to you I am about to embark on a three hour journey at 10pm. Can you try that? Nonsense
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=JIREN01 post=104434947]Loool. $900k ke? grin grin Lord of exagerration.[/quote ]
Go do your research...and its exaggeration
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by optimusprime2(m): 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
articlewriter:

Doing masters in a non-English speaking country is not quite the best.

This is the part people always don't get... France is not Canada, USA or UK, where you can just waltz in anywhere and speak English to start up any hussle.

It's a real struggle if you need to learn French from scratch.

Thanks for hitting the nail right in the head...
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by TheGift: 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
Did you read the part where the OP (& I )said “Multinational” company ? Or the part where they said there is opportunity for training and travel in Europe within the company? Or do you think a Masters in France automatically qualifies one to live and work there? Or are you so frustrated and desperate to escape that you are not thinking straight? (Like the average Nigerian youth you described?)

Oga calm down so you don’t jump from frying pan to fire.
Jaqenhghar:

Share where? What experience from a third world shithole do you have that you think oyinbo will find valuable? How to ruin a country?
My guy when you there that's when you will realise how backward your country really is. A 30 year old in Niggeria behaves like an 18 year old in a developed country

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by damosky12(m): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Nigger I sounded out a challenge. We are not talkong of US or Europe! We are talking of your shithole where you swim in money. Go outside late at night. Matter of fact take a bagfull of thay money you are swimming in if the place is as sabe as you claim it is.
Thank God you said some parts. In your shithole it's all parts. As I speak to you I am about to embark on a three hour journey at 10pm. Can you try that? Nonsense

Oga. Speak for yourself. In most parts of Lagos alone, people are still on the road at midnight, either returning from office or going out. It's not that bad, dude!

Nigeria is not at her promise land in terms of security. But, the level of insecurity here doesn't warrant traveling to another country to live like a refugee or a second class citizen.

People like you with the "sh***ole" story are often people who are worse off where you are. Trying to tilt narrative to justify your state wouldn't help you escape your reality.

2 Likes

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Donclique(m): 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Can we private chat?
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by macAB: 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=GentlePEACE post=104427834]

Hope not in this country. Coz a professor earns less than 1m, if you earn so much like that, why look for lecturing job[/A Prof earns less than 500k.The guy na busy body
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by macAB: 11:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=damosky12 post=104429652]

You think everyone who flees Nigeria for oversees experience the "better standard of living?" You think there aren't Nigerians in Canada, UK, and co who aren't emotionally, financially, and physically stranded? You'll do well to re-examine reality and wake up from utopia. [/Don't mind most of all dis unemployed children.They think money is easy in Europe.My friend left to France during my final year in the university almost 10 years ago and is still on the streets in paris.I rather enjoy my 250 a month than go wash dishes in Europe.See cowleg,see cowhead,cowtail,dogmeat etc

3 Likes

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by olaniyi900: 4:18am On Aug 05, 2021
ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

If there is good possibility of job growth please take the job in multinational company.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 5:08am On Aug 05, 2021
damosky12:

Oga. Speak for yourself. In most parts of Lagos alone, people are still on the road at midnight, either returning from office or going out. It's not that bad, dude!

Nigeria is not at her promise land in terms of security. But, the level of insecurity here doesn't warrant traveling to another country to live like a refugee or a second class citizen.

People like you with the "sh***ole" story are often people who are worse off where you are. Trying to tilt narrative to justify your state wouldn't help you escape your reality.
I sounded out a challenge. Go outside your house @ 2am 1 week straight if you DARE. No too much talk do it.
Whether Im worse off is not your business. As long as I haven't come to beg you for some of that money you are swimming in , I'm just fine
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 5:11am On Aug 05, 2021
TheGift:
Did you read the part where the OP (& I )said “Multinational” company ? Or the part where they said there is opportunity for training and travel in Europe within the company? Or do you think a Masters in France automatically qualifies one to live and work there? Or are you so frustrated and desperate to escape that you are not thinking straight? (Like the average Nigerian youth you described?)

Oga calm down so you don’t jump from frying pan to fire.
Mr. Man. The major thing is he is leaving that dump. Once he gets there he will be just fine believe me. Frustrated and desperate? LOL is that what the truth sounds like to you?
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by phemmyfour: 6:12am On Aug 05, 2021
ojxclusive:
Hi Guys,

Japa.....master degree in France
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by prince049(m): 6:37am On Aug 05, 2021
[quote author=Jaqenhghar post=104428752]
Is he a tree that he is rooted in France? Because you study in france means he must remain there? Haba

I worked in about 3 international NGOs before I left that shithole. Believe me the nepotism and laziness that you see in the civil service has finally gained ground there. You are talking of travelling. In a country where kidnappers have finally taken over your roads you are still talking of travel.
My guy the opportunities outside are better. Its not overnight success but if you put in the work you will reap the rewards. At least within 2 years he will be fine. He wont be rich but he will be comfortable. He wont be worrying about basics like electricity and internet [/quote
Hello. Pls how do I go about international jobs. Pls help.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 7:07am On Aug 05, 2021
[quote author=prince049 post=104442887][/quote]
International jobs in Nigeria or outside?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Inter-bank Settlement System (NIBSS) Recruitment 2018 / Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? / 10 Reasons Why You Are Still Looking For A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.