Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France (15121 Views)

How Aurora Got Me A Job In A Multinational Company In Lagos / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) / Fresh Jobs Recruitment In A Multinational Telecom Company (28 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Mac2016(m): 7:20am On Aug 05, 2021
GentlePEACE:

Hope not in this country. Coz a professor earns less than 1m, if you earn so much like that, why look for lecturing job
Definitely not in this country. I know I'm a lecturer by nature. It flows naturally.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Mac2016(m): 7:24am On Aug 05, 2021
JB4life:

In Jesus Name.Amen.
Thanks for your good wishes. It's my passion. Doing research and lecturing. Definitely not with ASUU sha. Unless as a visiting professor just to assist Nigerian education in my own way
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by niyogeol(m): 9:48am On Aug 05, 2021
At op, first of all, congratulations on both opportunities knocking at your door. Not a bad dilemma to be found in.

My position might not be popular with many on here. But regardless I will still make them as I am entitled to them.

I have noticed here that whenever anything abroad is mentioned on this forum, the default answer by many who have never lived abroad is “japa”. It most times make people who have experience not to offer their perspective or when they do, they get attacked. Whichever way, it doesn’t change reality much. But same cannot be said for the many expectations of many proponents of this japa gang.

So back to your question: there are factors that should guide you in making decisions. First is age, secondly is your social being and envisaged status, and then thinking long term goals.

I digress a bit. Multinational companies usually offer unparalleled trainings, good emoluments and structured workplace environment which many indigenous companies lacks. Even with the little details you have given here, a job starting at 300k will certainly offer more as you grow through the ranks. Again, without doubts, the experience from that place can always take you to other companies who will offer more in the long term. Furthermore, is this job aligned with your career goals? Is it an industry you see yourself playing in the long term? Or are there transferable skills you can export to other jobs and industries? I am sorry for my many questions. But answering them yourself would go a long way.

On the France MSc, this is also a great one depending if it is via scholarship or self sponsorship. The knowledge and skills the MSc will equip you with are not in doubt. But the reality after the MSc would still to look for work. Which is another kettle of fish itself largely due to language constraints, visa ish, and many unwritten stereotypical rules - many like to deny this or downplay it but reality shows otherwise. This can setback some of your goals. I know some will even tell you to go for PhD after masters. More like acquiring more degrees with little relevant work experience. And no sense when you can’t put knowledge to practice. Something the multinational job is offering you now even without a foreign MSc.

Trust me, the country you are heading to have their own children to do the job you are hoping on. And when you try to get such job, upward progress is another story. And forget this story people say “I am not moving abroad because of money instead for sanity and my kids”. It doesn’t hold much water because one’s income determines how one enjoys the good life abroad too. Except you plan basing your life on social welfare from the start. Which is something that keeps many of our compatriots thinking they are better off. Even when the system only sees them for being jobbers.

A way to go especially if the MSc is not through scholarship is to work for say 3 years, and then pursue express entry/PR in Canada or Australia if you are really keen on moving abroad. That way you won’t be bothered with visa status (becoming a Permanent Resident in many European countries can be very difficult). Once the PR pulls through, then you can do MSc or any other degree level you are interested in while paying citizens fees, getting grants and even scholarships. After the planned degrees if you choose to, it is then you will appreciate the multinational work experience on your CV. Good luck in your pursuit. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Emperor5(m): 10:07am On Aug 05, 2021
Link me to the job and go for ur m.sc

1 Like

Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by TheGift: 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ok, maybe you are not frustrated and desperate. No vex.
Jaqenhghar:

Mr. Man. The major thing is he is leaving that dump. Once he gets there he will be just fine believe me. Frustrated and desperate? LOL is that what the truth sounds like to you?
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2021
TheGift:
Ok, maybe you are not frustrated and desperate. No vex.
Of course Im frustrated and angry. Only a fool will not be frustrated and angry about the current state of that country. Those people dying everyday are not flies. These are living breathing human beings who have a right to enjoy their lives same as you.

What I find most frustrating is that its people in diaspora that are more angry about this than the ones at home. Those ones are more interested in Obi Cubana and Big brother. SMH
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by JIREN01: 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2021
[quote author=Jaqenhghar post=104435646][/quote]Baba... It's nothing close. 900k is only 100k short of a million dollars. It's impossible.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2021
JIREN01:
Baba... It's nothing close. 900k is only 100k short of a million dollars. It's impossible.
My bad. I see what I did there
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by ojxclusive: 8:34am On Aug 06, 2021
Thank you all

I am really grateful for bringing out time out of your busy schedules to advise on the subject matter.

Thanks to the mod also that pushed this to the Front Page.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by prince049(m): 12:09am On Aug 08, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

International jobs in Nigeria or outside?

In Nigeria.As I am still here. I know these companies might just send someone out for training or transfers.
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by Jaqenhghar: 12:16am On Aug 08, 2021
prince049:

In Nigeria. [b]I know these companies might just send someone out for training or transfer[/b]s.
Dont count in it. With this COVID wahala most trainings are now done online. Most organizations have found out it's cheaper. Instead of going through the hassle of flying you , its cheaper to simply do it online. As for transfer its the oyinbos mostly that will do the transfer based on the reccomendations of the Nigerian ogas who already have their candidates. Or if you are lucky and one oyinbo really likes you. That's why networking is important and plenty ass kissing ( if you are that type). IMO you are better off looking for a job outside Nigeria. I dont know your skill levels or speciality or I would have given you some tips.
I take it you have not even gotten the job yet which is a first step
Re: A Job In A Multinational Company Or A Masters Degree In France by SavageResponse(m): 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
Overthemoonman:
What cold? Your uncle is wicked and selfish. He doesn't just want to help you. The wahala wey you dey face for Nigeria no pass the cold? Abi how many Nigerians have you heard that died as a result of the cold? Why haven't your uncle retuned back to Nigeria? Why is he still there? Guy, if you have the chance to leave Nigeria legitimately, pls do. An uncle of mine that lives in UK is trying to connect me to some jobs in Nigeria but he said his priority to see that that I leave this country and join him over there....

Hurry and go and become a second class citizen! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? / 10 Reasons Why You Are Still Looking For A Job / NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.