Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine (20269 Views)

Samson Siasia Banned For Life By FIFA For Bribery, Match Fixing / Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma / Sanita Siasia And Jamell Barret's White Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by stephozien: 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2021
We done for the analysis

Drienzia:
The issue for determination would be, 1)whether or not Fifa has the legal right to issue a life ban on a football coach,
2)Whether or not the law regulating issues of such should be the Swiss Law on bribery

On issue one(1) I stand in the affirmative, the law is that Fifa is the body that regulates all footballing activities in the world, however the caveat in this is that, such regulation is only limited to Football tournaments established by Fifa, thus if the Ban is upheld then it means Siasia cannot participate as a coach or an agent in relation to Fifa controlled football games only.

On issue two(2) I stand in the negative. The international criminal laws of crimes in this situation should be applicable, however since this is always in conflict with the corpus jury of every state, it seems to me that the Law regulating the “place” of where the bribery took place should be applicable in totality I.e, it is the law of the country where Siasia is alleged to have accepted bribe that should regulate the issue. The applicability of the Swiss law for me is a breach of not just his fundamental right but a blatant slap on “due process”

It is on this ground that I lay my argument that, Samson Siasia’s issue was not properly handled.
Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by seunmsg(m): 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2021
I wish him the best in his quest for justice.
Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2021
HE'S GOT HIS GUTS BACK !!
Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by xjiggy: 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hope he knows what he's doing. Make im no go win finish, US govt go sue am collect the money way lawyer chop remain, plus prison sentence. E remain small make 5yrs reach. E for just let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by Fortez: 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2021
Oh
Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by helicoptarr: 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2021
Bold move.

Respect.
Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by Jaybee8181(m): 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
I hope you win.
People wey get A1 ontop bribery dey sanctio

1 Like

Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by 77star: 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
Sluacoast:

We don't want to win. You hear. Play it yourself and win. Na byforce make person win grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by jaxxy(m): 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2021
Does sisia know what he’s doing??

Commercial bribery is not a criminal offense in US. Meaning match fixing is not a crime or what?? undecided

Even at that it wasn’t like FIFA was sending him to jail or life imprisonment. It was ban and fine. Very normal. undecided

Well Depending on the verdict.
Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by Imustnottalk: 11:55pm On Aug 04, 2021
Wealth7723:
Nice one. Sue their ass and get your money back. I’m with you on this one.
you get money to borrow am
Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by Sebu414: 12:59am On Aug 05, 2021
Hello
Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by BakingPowder247: 7:05am On Aug 05, 2021
54k just like that
Re: Siasia Sues FIFA Over Ban, Demands Refund Of $54k Fine by BakingPowder247: 7:05am On Aug 05, 2021
Imustnottalk:
you get money to borrow am
Hahajjaj

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: Full Lazio Squad Under Quarantine After Positive Tests / Onauchu Wins Belgian Pro League Player Of The Year Award / 10 Reasons Why Golden Eaglet Will Lift The Trophy In Chile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.