Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks (17718 Views)

Nigeria Loses ₦2 Billion Daily To Twitter Ban - NetBlocks (Sahara Reporters) / NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months / AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Idrisk19(m): 11:36am On Aug 05, 2021
How much did Jack lost?? Twitter still making profit after banning
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 05, 2021
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 05, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Buhari will end up begging Jack las las

Buhari never begs, he would rather you die instead
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Escravos(m): 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
Which kind lie be this now? How much does customs generate every month?

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Emmerlee(m): 12:17pm On Aug 05, 2021
angelfallz:
150 billion? No, it is not triviality.
You that is experienced what understanding do you have? Sales of of what, that would amount to 150 billion lost between June and July. I am not counting august because August just started.

Keep believing the lies you are fed.

I wasn't even sure if I should reply you or ignore.

Na real wa oh, see the way you are hyping N150b as if an entire country cannot do transactions worth 10x that amount in 2 months via social media. I'm not surprised though, it's the extent your mind can comprehend. In the last 2 months alone my wife and I have paid for goods worth over 150k on Instagram so why would it be so hard for 200million+ Nigerians to do same? I really don't understand your argument.

Let me break it down further, depending on what you are buying/paying for, the "average" price of items I have bought is around N20k to N25k. According to NetBlocks Nigerians lose N100 million from Twitter closure every hour, going by the payments I have made, if every Nigerian that buy on social media pay as much as I have that would equal 4000 sales every hour. How is this too much for a country of 200 million people? I am not even talking about the millions lost to Influencer marketing every day as it stands now.

Open your mind and do some calculations, it's too closed from what I see. 150 billion Naira is not too big for a country as big as Nigeria but I can see the sheer sound of that amount is blowing your mind. Everything is lies to you guys, do some calculations, no you won't. You are only interested in arguing against anything that doesn't suite your inferiority complex laden narratives.
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by emilo2bad: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2021
alizma:
This is one sided analysis, they should also state how much Nigerians have saved for not using Twitter.
Thank you bro. I don't even believe the report. Is it only twitter you advertise your products. I see Jack hand in this sponsored report
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
1000Capacity:
Funnily everybody Still dey Twitter with VPN
Not everybody. That VPN can finish data.
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2021
Suffering and smiling since way back

Grace001:
Failed country governed by unfortunate people.

This good for nothing useless Nigeria government thinks they are punishing twitter, not knowing that they are indirectly crippling the economy.

Twitter has more options(countries) Nigeria is just one out of it.

The same way this useless government, shut borders for months, but when hunger and inflation want to kill the masses they open the borders.

Anyways I’m not surprise, Nigeria government system is designed to inflict hardship and suffering on her masses. And the worse part is the masses are enjoying the suffering , hardship and poverty inflicted on them by this oppressor and yet they are still in love with those that inflicted hardship and sufferness on them.

Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Adabestseason(m): 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2021
This is a games theory news,who did the financial mathematics,those who used twitter were engaging in a game of chance while the federal government engages on strategy
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Kennyking1234: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2021
Dikaveli:
Its affecting everybody, a friend of mine who runs a viewing centre find it difficult to show Chelsea vs Tottenham match just because with VPN you can't connect your smart TV with cast,

On sunday during arsenal vs Chelsea match we bought the right on 5th stand but after collecting 100 naira and paying up to 5k with fuel it didn't worth it so we decided to view it through hesgoal or any free stream but at first half dunk showed and went off in half time so i discovered twitter site playing it but you can connect with VPN and you can't connect WiFi while VPN is on so therefore we can't connect the cast on the TV

Na so we lost money yesterday......
Next time check for the app that allows you hotspot with VPN.
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Kennyking1234: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2021
ityP:

The ban no affect twitter one bit. Twitter's shares is very much on the increase since the ban. Those wey dey invest can tell you this. Only Nigerians are affected. You think twitter no get foresight as dem carry their headquarters for Africa go Ghana? Make Una wise up. Naija's backwardness no dey affect the outside community
you own twitter shares?
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Basher8583: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2021
Oracleforce:

Speak for yourself...
I dare the Fulani government not to restate Twitter before the 2023 general election...
They can't survive it

Continue using your VPN. No show for twitter
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by angelfallz(m): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2021
Lol. You should have ignored me. Because you are not sounding like a sane person.
Even if your wife and yourself have bought goods worth that amount (150k) in that space of time on Instagram, how many people in Nigeria use Twitter?
The percentage of people that use Twitter in Nigeria is low. that is before Before you now start talking about those that use it for selling and buying, which would even be lower.
So, stop thinking that 200million+ Nigerians use Twitter that's false.

If that is false, you and your netblocks' calculations are false!

Oga rest. There is no basis for Nigerians losing 150billion between June and July 2021. Shey Na gold and cocaine una dey buy and sell for twitter? grin

Emmerlee:

Na real wa oh, see the way you are hyping N150b as if an entire country cannot do transactions worth 10x that amount in 2 months via social media. I'm not surprised though, it's the extent your mind can comprehend. In the last 2 months alone my wife and I have paid for goods worth over 150k on Instagram so why would it be so hard for 200million+ Nigerians to do same? I really don't understand your argument.

Let me break it down further, depending on what you are buying/paying for, the "average" price of items I have bought is around N20k to N25k. According to NetBlocks Nigerians lose N100 million from Twitter closure every hour, going by the payments I have made, if every Nigerian that buy on social media pay as much as I have that would equal 4000 sales every hour. How is this too much for a country of 200 million people? I am not even talking about the millions lost to Influencer marketing every day as it stands now.

Open your mind and do some calculations, it's too closed from what I see. 150 billion Naira is not too big for a country as big as Nigeria but I can see the sheer sound of that amount is blowing your mind. Everything is lies to you guys, do some calculations, no you won't. You are only interested in arguing against anything that doesn't suite your inferiority complex laden narratives.
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Doraty1:

https://punchng.com/twitter-ban-nigerians-lose-n150-46bn-in-two-months/

Oga OP, How much was Nigeria loosing before Jack founded Twitter? Nigerians were surviving and making money before the arrival of twitter and are still surviving and making money after twitter ban. So, abeg make we here word, TWITTER WILL REMAIN BANNED FOR ETERNITY'. - Village people.
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Emmerlee(m): 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2021
angelfallz:
Lol. You should have ignored me. Because you are not sounding like a sane person.
Even if your wife and yourself have bought goods worth that amount (150k) in that space of time on Instagram, how many people in Nigeria use Twitter?
The percentage of people that use Twitter in Nigeria is low. that is before Before you now start talking about those that use it for selling and buying, which would even be lower.
So, stop thinking that 200million+ Nigerians use Twitter that's false.

If that is false, you and your netblocks' calculations are false!

Oga rest. There is no basis for Nigerians losing 150billion between June and July 2021. Shey Na gold and cocaine una dey buy and sell for twitter? grin

Ah sorry oh, this one categorizes himself as sane lol grin. Do you know there were 40 million Nigerians on Twitter alone according to NOI Polls before the ban? You have removed all doubts I'm talking to a normal human being. I actually know your type now, sorry I descended so low. I can't help you unfortunately as you are mentally limited and proudly ignorant.
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by joyandfaith: 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2021
alizma:

Stop exposing your level of exposure. Nigeria is key to any global economically or politically interested body. Please come out of your room and see the world. Mentioned 3 globally recognized bodies that has no interest or presence in Nigeria.

Ok
See my signature
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by angelfallz(m): 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2021
Lol. No problems adieu

Emmerlee:

Ah sorry oh, this one categorizes himself as sane lol grin. Do you know there were 40 million Nigerians on Twitter alone according to NOI Polls before the ban? You have removed all doubts I'm talking to a normal human being. I actually know your type now, sorry I descended so low. I can't help you unfortunately as you are mentally limited and proudly ignorant.
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by angelfallz(m): 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Co ask oh

Escravos:
Which kind lie be this now? How much does customs generate every month?
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by TemmyT002(m): 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Grace001:
Failed country governed by unfortunate people.

This good for nothing useless Nigeria government thinks they are punishing twitter, not knowing that they are indirectly crippling the economy.

Twitter has more options(countries) Nigeria is just one out of it.

The same way this useless government, shut borders for months, but when hunger and inflation want to kill the masses they open the borders.

Anyways I’m not surprise, Nigeria government system is designed to inflict hardship and suffering on her masses. And the worse part is the masses are enjoying the suffering , hardship and poverty inflicted on them by this oppressor and yet they are still in love with those that inflicted hardship and sufferness on them.

Abeg. The only ones I love with them are the APC members. The rest are cursing them daily
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by BreakingNews21: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2021
Make I go research to see how much the Twitter Ban in India has cost her businesses.
BRB with the info.
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by jontim: 7:15am On Aug 06, 2021
Cnach:

Ur second paragraph is confusing but let me guess u are still talking of the authenticity and in that case, u were not getting something based on ur previous comment where u attributed the amount lost as effects on advertisement and promos on Twitter whereas the mother write up actually made it clear that such amount got lost due to the high expense of the technology needed to restrict Nigerians from using Twitter n not on business. No fighting, I like anybody wey correct me especially without provocations l guess u do same

Alright, I feel you.
So here is what I am saying:
https://netblocks.org/cost/

Click the website, put Nigeria as country, select any social media platform, put the number of days you want.
Write the result down.
Then change that social media platform, don't change anything else, see the result. Keep changing the platforms, then let's come back and talk about how authentic the site is.

Also, scroll down and read the measures they use in reaching the results they churn out.
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by jontim: 7:18am On Aug 06, 2021
Emmerlee:

See, no need for all those, just give them the website to check the fake figures and measures used:

https://netblocks.org/cost/

Make Una check am. Try other social media platform and see that the result is static. Then read the measurement used by scrolling down
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by delpee(f): 11:45am On Aug 06, 2021
1000Capacity:
what about you

I've been off twitter.
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by 1000Capacity: 11:46am On Aug 06, 2021
Ok na. That's good
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Oracleforce: 8:57am On Aug 07, 2021
Basher8583:

Are they taxable income?
Speak for yourself if you are losing. Nigeria does not give a flying fvck

Those taxes the FG have been collecting since the beginning of this administration....how has it affected your life?
You still provide all the social amenities for yourselves including security....

Indeed, there was a county
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Basher8583: 9:24am On Aug 07, 2021
Oracleforce:

Those taxes the FG have been collecting since the beginning of this administration....how has it affected your life?
You still provide all the social amenities for yourselves including security....

Indeed, there was a county

You can leave for your slave masters domain. No one will stop you
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by Oracleforce: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
Basher8583:

You can leave for your slave masters domain. No one will stop you

Animo! Who seeks traveling opinion from you....? Dumbass...!
APC /Fulani jihadist asslicker crew spotted
Re: Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks by AlphaSoul: 4:49am On Aug 16, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! / A Policeman, Eight Shi'ites Killed In Kano Clash (Photos) / Fire Outbreak In Governor Aregbesola’s Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.