Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street (34403 Views)

Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice / Anti-Pakistan Protesters Burn The Nigerian Flag In Kabul (Photo) / Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2021
CSTRR:

They are doing better.

But unlike you, they aspire for much better.
Lol, they're not doing any better, go and sleep. Those of us who've lived in Ghana will never fall for the PR that Ghana enjoys. If they're doing better, how come things are more expensive in Ghana? How come the cost of living in Ghana is more than Nigeria's? Mind you, I'm not suggesting that Nigeria is doing better o.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
Prismandaaa:

Even as bad as theirs is, their currency still get value.. Lol
You mean a currency that was redenominated by removing 4 zeros from it? Lol, get value indeed. Oga, the 1ghc you see is actually 10,000 cedis in reality, they only removed 4 zeros, lol.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2021
CSTRR:

They are better than Nigeria in every conceivable economic indices on the per capital scale.

Much higher standard of living too.
Higher volume of foreign investments too.

The joke is on you guys in Nigeria, not them.
Much higher standard of living? In terms of what?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by ridbell01(m): 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2021
I trust Buhari by now they will be counting their die body on the street...
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
heniford2:
who told you Ghana make sense pass naija
Lol, many of these clowns haven't even been to Ghana at all. They only fall for the PR machine of Ghana on social media

2 Likes

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
Loverboy3333:

Presently Ghana is doing 100% than Nigeria but they still want room for improvement unlike we Nigerians that can manage any situation we find ourselves, we are scared to speak out, we are disunited
Please o, which Ghana are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Kinzo0917(m): 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2021
Idamond:
Last month, the main opposition party National Democratic Congress (NDC) rallied several thousand people in the capital.
. How do you know all these? Are you a Ghanian?
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Torture2020: 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2021
[s]
Newton85:
Please o, which Ghana are you talking about?
[/s]
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Torture2020: 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Standard of living of a country is not measured by how expensive prices are in a country. How many countries have traveled to? Norway is considered a very rich country, but go to Norway and see how expensive it is to live in that country. Ask anybody that has lived in Norway. Even petrol that Norway has in abudance is very expensive.

If you want to know how well a country is doing, look at factors such as GDP per capita, life expectancy, access to quality education, access to clean water, access to electricity, how secured are the people? Those are what are known as the UN Human Development Index. Check out how Ghana and Nigeria are ranked on these indices before you open your mouth to talk. huh?

[s]
Newton85:
Lol, they're not doing any better, go and sleep. Those of us who've lived in Ghana will never fall for the PR that Ghana enjoys. If they're doing better, how come things are more expensive in Ghana? How come the cost of living in Ghana is more than Nigeria's? Mind you, I'm not suggesting that Nigeria is doing better o.
[/s]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Starzo: 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2021
authority2006:

Firstly, Yorubas didn't remove Jonathan from power. Go and check the record, Yoruba votes were split almost evenly between PDP and APC.

If that performance from Jonathan was "doing good", you're nothing but mediocre.

Hatred from his fellow Yoruba southerners? May be you have short memory let me remind you that it was Yoruba people who staged protests that Jonathan should be acting president when Yaradua sick. What did he do after 2011 election, he sidelined Yorubas.
How are you enjoying bubu now?
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Cnach: 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Such a thing is not possible in Nigeria. Northerners will be fully against it. It goes both ways in Nigeria sha. When GEJ was the president, people in the SE and SS didn't protest during the fuel subsidy removal wahala
U didn't see Amaechi, osho and Ngige there?
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Cnach: 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2021
Torture2020:
Standard of living of a country is not measured by how expensive prices are in a country. How many countries have traveled to? Norway is considered a very rich country, but go to Norway and see how expensive it is to live in that country. Ask anybody that has lived in Norway. Even petrol that Norway has in abudance is very expensive.

If you want to know how well a country is doing, look at factors such as GDP per capita, life expectancy, access to quality education, access to clean water, access to electricity, how secured are the people? Those are what are known as the UN Human Development Index. Check out how Ghana and Nigeria are ranked on these indices before you open your mouth to talk. huh?

[s][/s]
Are u ok?

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2021
Torture2020:

[s][/s]
Yeah, because a shithole like Ghana is comparable to Norway with a sound minimum wage? Ghana has an appaling high cost of living coupled with an abysmal minimum wage. The Ghana you guys ramble on and on about only exists on social media.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Torture2020: 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2021
At least people are not being kidnapped on streets in Ghana for a ransom of a bottle of coke and gala grin
Life expectancy is not 45 years in Ghana grin
Ghana is not the poverty capital of the world grin
Ghana's President is a respected Oxford-trained lawyer grin He's not a certicateless cattle rearer grin
Ghana is not in recession grin
Ghana is not a certified shambolic shiithole grin
Inflation in Ghana is not 15% and growing grin
15 million children are not out of school in Ghana roaming the streets, being groomed into future terrorirts, pr0stitutes, armed robbers grin

[s]
Newton85:
Yeah, because a shithole like Ghana is comparable to Norway with a sound minimum wage? Ghana has an appaling high cost of living coupled with an abysmal minimum wage. The Ghana you guys ramble on and on about only exists on social media.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Latakia(f): 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Are some of you people on this Nairaland okay sha? Is it now a crime to communicate responsibly on Nairaland now?

I'm from the south west, I'm tired of this una chidish attitude. I made a comment without any sentiment, and you I'd!it's start to dey reason say I be Igbo... Dam!!

This country is so bleeped up.
Eeyah see cryer from a PDP analyst when u remind them of their past grin I thought Ghana was paradise as projected by wailer like u grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Francisalao9(m): 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2021
Can we now say #FixNigeria or #splitNigeria??
Yoruba national, ipob and Arewa

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2021
Latakia:
Eeyah see cryer from a PDP analyst when u remind them of their past grin I thought Ghana was paradise as projected by wailer like u grin
Me! A PDP analyst Truly, sense is far from you.

Nah my last reply to you on this issue be this.
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by olioxx(m): 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2021
fotadmowmend:
Really.... We should even have #fixnigeria
There is nothing left to fix in Nigeria because unfortunately Nigeria is irredeemably.
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by heniford2: 3:07pm On Aug 05, 2021
Newton85:
Lol, many of these clowns haven't even been to Ghana at all. They only fall for the PR machine of Ghana on social media
but Ghana is more safe than Nigeria shia undecided and more freely

2 Likes

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Latakia(f): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Me! A PDP analyst Truly, sense is far from you.

Nah my last reply to you on this issue be this.
Eeyah see dem I don't belong to any political party but you will see their frustration the moment PDP is in bad book grin Bubu is the best so far among his peers considering the fall of crude oil price, covid-19, wailing wailers and yet Baba is still building infrastructure. Argue with your fact grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2021
Torture2020:
At least people are not being kidnapped on streets in Ghana for a ransom of a bottle of coke and gala grin
Ghana's President is a respected Oxford-trained lawyer grin He's not a certicateless cattle rearer grin
15 million children are not out of school in Ghana roaming the streets, being groomed into future terrorirts, pr0stitutes, armed robbers grin

[s][/s]
Oga Ghana is a despicable shithole. I've been there, no need to bore me with your "social media Ghana" epistle.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2021
heniford2:
but Ghana is more safe than Nigeria shia undecided and more freely
So? Even Republic of Benin is also safer than Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by heniford2: 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2021
Newton85:
So? Even Republic of Benin is also safer than Ghana.
than Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Torture2020: 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ghana is a despicable shitthole and Nigeria is a prosperous nation? grin

[s]
Newton85:
Oga Ghana is a despicable shithole. I've been there, no need to bore me with your "social media Ghana" epistle.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2021
heniford2:
than Nigeria
Than both
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2021
Torture2020:
Ghana is a despicable shitthole and Nigeria is a prosperous nation? grin

[s][/s]
Before you're done slapping your parents, let me put the records straight that both Nigeria and Ghana are despicable shitholes. Are you happy now?
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Torture2020: 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2021
talk for yourself. Who are you to declare Ghana a shiithole? grin Ghana is trying for its people. Can you say the same for Nigeria? grin

[s]
Newton85:
Before you're done slapping your parents, let me put the records straight that both Nigeria and Ghana are despicable shitholes. Are you happy now?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by alphaNomega: 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

Likewise when a southerner is the President, the people of South will kick against it.
The entity that make up Nigeria is never meant to be.
Nigeria should be splinted like the USSR & Yugoslavia. About 7-8 Nation in Nigeria are capable to stand on their own.
All those billions Nigeria has borrowed, who will repay it?

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by alphaNomega: 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2021
Torture2020:

[s][/s]
not intending to compare Ghana with Nigeria but the economy of Ghana is a mess. Do you remember how many zeroes they had to remove from their currency in the name of redenomination? Yet things are still very bad. The government is running out of options

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Torture2020: 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2021
Trust me, Ghana is 100 times better than Nigeria.

You know Buhari will soon increase fuel prices? Do you know Buhari will soon increase electricity tarrif, VAT etc?
Ghana is putting its money in key sectors like education, health, infrastructure etc grin How much money is Nigeria putting in education, health, infrastructure?

[s]
alphaNomega:
not intending to compare Ghana with Nigeria but the economy of Ghana is a mess. Do you remember how many zeroes they had to remove from their currency in the name of redenomination? Yet things are still very bad. The government is running out of options
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by khia: 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
Graysons:
Khiaa/khia i thought you Black Americans have blessed Ghana economy with your year of return stuff, what's this then? undecided

Obviously you can't read, the article said POOR GOVERNMENT MANAGEMENT and the PANDEMIC has affected the economy of Ghana and many other countries world wide, including the US.
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by alphaNomega: 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
Torture2020:
[s]Trust me, Ghana is 100 times better than Nigeria.

You know Buhari will soon increase fuel prices? Do you know Buhari will soon increase electricity tarrif, VAT etc?
Ghana is putting its money in key sectors like education, health, infrastructure etc grin How much money is Nigeria putting in education, health, infrastructure?
[/s]
[s][/s]

Did you read the first sentence in my previous post?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sri Lankan Easter Attacks Were Revenge For New Zealand Mosque Attack - Reuters / Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy / Russian Economy In ‘shock’ Over Western Sanctions, Says Kremlin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.