Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street (34429 Views)

Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice / Anti-Pakistan Protesters Burn The Nigerian Flag In Kabul (Photo) / Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Torture2020: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2021
I don't have to read what you wrote cool.

[s]
alphaNomega:

Did you read the first sentence in my previous post?
[/s]
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by authority2006(m): 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
Starzo:

How are you enjoying bubu now?

Buhari's administration has been a blessing to me, immense blessing.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by khia: 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2021
tempusfugit:
LOL THE TRUTH IS THAT MOST OD THOSE BLACK AMERICANS RE BROKE, I SAW A VIDEO WHERE SOME OF THEM WERE COMPLAINING GHANA IS TOO EXPENSIVE

This is a lie, broke Americans don't travel. The cost of living in Ghana is 45% lower than the US, the rent in Ghana can be 1,300 US dollars a year for a 3 bedroom apartment in the suburbs when most Americans pay at least that amount a month.

I can't even fathom in my mind only paying 50 to 100 US dollars a month for an apartment iñ the suburbs like in Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Prismandaaa(f): 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2021
Newton85:
You mean a currency that was redenominated by removing 4 zeros from it? Lol, get value indeed. Oga, the 1ghc you see is actually 10,000 cedis in reality, they only removed 4 zeros, lol.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Point is our country is going from bad to worse, and painful as it sounds, there is nothing u or I can do abt it. Which is a shame, actually.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Prismandaaa(f): 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2021
Newton85:
You mean a currency that was redenominated by removing 4 zeros from it? Lol, get value indeed. Oga, the 1ghc you see is actually 10,000 cedis in reality, they only removed 4 zeros, lol.

1 Ghanaian Cedi equals
68.47 Nigerian Naira

I dunno what you have to say to this as well chairman.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 6:41pm On Aug 05, 2021
Prismandaaa:

1 Ghanaian Cedi equals
68.47 Nigerian Naira

I dunno what you have to say to this as well chairman.
That 1 Ghanaian cedi is actually 10,000 cedis in reality. The Ghanaians only redenominated it by removing 4 zeros.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
Prismandaaa:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Point is our country is going from bad to worse, and painful as it sounds, there is nothing u or I can do abt it. Which is a shame, actually.
All West African countries are going from bad to worse.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2021
Torture2020:
talk for yourself. Who are you to declare Ghana a shiithole? grin Ghana is trying for its people. Can you say the same for Nigeria? grin

[s][/s]
Lol, Ghana is a shithole. Which Ghana do you clowns come on here to hype this much? Or is there another Ghana that I've not been to? Ghana is not a shithole but Ghanaians are also being sold as slaves in Libya? Ghana is not a shithole but Ghanaians are all over Nigeria doing menial jobs? Keep deluding yourself about some Ghana that doesn't exist in reality.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by pacespot(m): 7:09pm On Aug 05, 2021
Funny how they just concluded their elections few months ago, were they not aware of the person they were voting in as the president before, at least this is his second term
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Starzo: 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2021
authority2006:

Buhari's administration has been a blessing to me, immense blessing.
May buhari's type of blessing Continue to follow you and your household forever more ijn.
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Swanzi(m): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2021
Vitally123:
So this leadership error is all over Africa? Africa, who bewitched/cursed you? $200m for a Catheral when the factories are disappearing and huge unemployment is rising every day? Building a Catheral is good when we get our priorities right but not when they are misplaced. Please did God tell him to build him a Catheral, when He doesn't live in houses built with hands? Has he taught the citizens to reverence God and to have goodly values, or a way of covering incompetence and lack of creative ideas? Again I ask, Africa, who bewitched/cursed you? Build factories, industries, employ people, then the people will build for God collectively which will be easier. God is my witness today that I have spoken!!!
Well I share in ur plight but this is different in the sense that the cathedral is not being built with public funds secondly this president in quite some years is the one building many factories… he brought up an initiative of one district one factory “ in Ghana and many factories are being built and at various stages of completion some are even completed…
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by PetroDolla2020: 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2021
Fuckeduppedness grin Nigeria is a certified shambolic shiithole, so you are desperate to have Ghana put into the same characterization grin

You have to try harder, because Ghana is miles ahead of Nigeria in everything good grin Ghana is far ahead of Nigeria in life expectancy, per capita GDP, food access, maternal and infant mortality, poverty index, insecurity index, inflationary pressures, electricity and water access grin compare Nigeria with countries like Somalia, South Sudan, Iraq etc grin Those are your mates grin cool

Come to Ghana and see your fellow nigerians angry grin 95% of pr0stitutes in Ghana are nigerians cool they are selling phones, ice cream, shoe shinning, etc etc armed robberies etc. our jails are full because of your people grin

Newton85:
Lol, Ghana is a shithole. Which Ghana do you clowns come on here to hype this much? Or is there another Ghana that I've not been to? Ghana is not a shithole but Ghanaians are also being sold as slaves in Libya? Ghana is not a shithole but Ghanaians are all over Nigeria doing menial jobs? Keep deluding yourself about some Ghana that doesn't exist in reality.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Prismandaaa(f): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2021
Newton85:
That 1 Ghanaian cedi is actually 10,000 cedis in reality. The Ghanaians only redenominated it by removing 4 zeros.

I'm still trying to grab your point here, no offence intended.
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by luluman: 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
fotadmowmend:
Really.... We should even have #fixnigeria
Na dat time soldiers go start to shoot
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 8:15pm On Aug 05, 2021
Prismandaaa:

I'm still trying to grab your point here, no offence intended.
You won't get it because you're clueless about what redenomination of a currency means. I guess you can move on now.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Fuckeduppedness grin Nigeria is a certified shambolic shiithole, so you are desperate to have Ghana put into the same characterization grin

You have to try harder, because Ghana is miles ahead of Nigeria in everything good grin Ghana is far ahead of Nigeria in life expectancy, per capita GDP, food access, maternal and infant mortality, poverty index, insecurity index, inflationary pressures, electricity and water access grin compare Nigeria with countries like Somalia, South Sudan, Iraq etc grin Those are your mates grin cool

Come to Ghana and see your fellow nigerians angry grin 95% of pr0stitutes in Ghana are nigerians cool they are selling phones, ice cream, shoe shinning, etc etc armed robberies etc. our jails are full because of your people grin

Dude go and sleep, you're drunk. Your country is another shithole whose citizens are being sold as slaves in Libya and also drowning in the Mediterranean trying to cross into Europe. But whatever delusion makes you sleep better at night, Kofi.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Prismandaaa(f): 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2021
Newton85:
You won't get it because you're clueless about what redenomination of a currency means. I guess you can move on now.

OK sir. We know your type already
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2021
Prismandaaa:

OK sir. We know your type already
Whatever! But at least you can now move on.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Swanzi(m): 10:10am On Aug 06, 2021
Newton85:
Whatever! But at least you can now move on.

At least no Ghanaian soldier was there not to even talk of shooting sporadically and killing innocent citizens but it happened in the zoo and nothing happened abeg argue with ur keyboard …!
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 11:39am On Aug 06, 2021
Swanzi:

At least no Ghanaian soldier was there not to even talk of shooting sporadically and killing innocent citizens but it happened in the zoo and nothing happened abeg argue with ur keyboard …!
Well, Ghanaian security forces still killed protesters at Ejura in the Ashanti region just last month. Not saying Nigerian security forces aren't murderous idiots, but the Ghanaian ones aren't saints either. Now, rest.
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Swanzi(m): 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
Newton85:
Well, Ghanaian security forces still killed protesters at Ejura in the Ashanti region just last month. Not saying Nigerian security forces aren't murderous idiots, but the Ghanaian ones aren't saints either. Now, rest.

That’s the very reason this demonstration happened in the first place and as I speak there’s a commission of enquiry looking into it…

If what happened at the lekki toll gates happens in Ghana grin there would be a second revolution.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Swanzi(m): 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
pacespot:
Funny how they just concluded their elections few months ago, were they not aware of the person they were voting in as the president before, at least this is his second term

The demonstration is not necessarily against the current government but rather against the entire Ghanaian political class and also for constitutional reforms since the current constitution was written solely for one person jerry Rawlings making the Ghanaian president equal to kings to suite the former dictator as well as some minor issues…Ghana is a very democratic country even if someone suffers from pre-mature ejaculation they can choose to join undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
Swanzi:

That’s the very reason this demonstration happened in the first place and as I speak there’s a commission of enquiry looking into it…

If what happened at the lekki toll gates happens in Ghana grin there would be a second revolution.
Oh, you guys have shifted the goalpost post fron "gHaNaiAn SolDiErS dOn'T kIlL pRoTeStErS" to "tHaT'S tHe VeRy ReAsOn ThIs DemoNsTrAtIoN hApPeNeD In The FiRsT pLaCe"? Lol. And no, it wasn't the reason the protests are happening. Ghanaians were already preparing massive protests because of economic challenges but the Ghanaian police refused them the right to protest. The Ejura killings happened after people trooped out to protest the lynching of a certain dude (has a Muslim name) by a mob. These #fixthecountry protests are happening because of rising economic challenges and sufferings of Ghanaians. I'm not a Ghanaian but you don't need to lie to me.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Torture2020: 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2021
[s]
Newton85:
Oh, you guys have shifted the goalpost post fron "gHaNaiAn SolDiErS dOn'T kIlL pRoTeStErS" to "tHaT'S tHe VeRy ReAsOn ThIs DemoNsTrAtIoN hApPeNeD In The FiRsT pLaCe"? Lol. And no, it wasn't the reason the protests are happening. Ghanaians were already preparing massive protests because of economic challenges but the Ghanaian police refused them the right to protest. The Ejura killings happened after people trooped out to protest the lynching of a certain dude (has a Muslim name) by a mob. These #fixthecountry protests are happening because of rising economic challenges and sufferings of Ghanaians. I'm not a Ghanaian but you don't need to lie to me.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Swanzi(m): 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
Newton85:

Hahahah so is it that you want equalization or what..? How did I shift the goalposts…?how does soldiers curbing a violent mob equates to killing of protesters Do u even know what happened in ejura ..? A #fixthecountry activist known as kakha was killed in a family feud n people suspected and thought it was state sponsored so after his Islamic burial the mostly moslem youth blocked roads and demonstrated and the police got wind that they plan to burn the local pole station that was when the military was called in a stray bullet by the military killed 3 of the youth…. Shit happens even in the US, can u compare that to what happened at lekki where peaceful protesters with Nigerian flags were shot at close range amidst sporadic shooting where over 50 people were allegedly carried away in body bags…!! This can never happen in Ghana, a revolution would happen or the president will even step down…

As I speak a commission of enquiry is ongoing the bereaved family has been duly compensated by the state led by the Vice President not that it will bring back the dead but to show remorse tell me has Buhari even admitted to the killings in lekki …. grin

When it comes to free speech and democracy guy go bed u no be wanna mate anyway whatever makes u sleep at night.

1 Like

Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Newton85: 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
Swanzi:

Hahahah so is it that you want equalization or what..? How did I shift the goalposts…?how does soldiers curbing a violent mob equates to killing of protesters Do u even know what happened in ejura ..? A #fixthecountry activist known as kakha was killed in a family feud n people suspected and thought it was state sponsored so after his Islamic burial the mostly moslem youth blocked roads and demonstrated and the police got wind that they plan to burn the local pole station that was when the military was called in a stray bullet by the military killed 3 of the youth…. Shit happens even in the US, can u compare that to what happened at lekki where peaceful protesters with Nigerian flags were shot at close range amidst sporadic shooting where over 50 people were allegedly carried away in body bags…!! This can never happen in Ghana, a revolution would happen or the president will even step down…

As I speak a commission of enquiry is ongoing the bereaved family has been duly compensated by the state led by the Vice President not that it will bring back the dead but to show remorse tell me has Buhari even admitted to the killings in lekki …. grin

When it comes to free speech and democracy guy go bed u no be wanna mate anyway whatever makes u sleep at night.

I didn't even finish reading your boring epistle. The fact is, Ghanaian security forces killed demonstrators at Ejura, end of. Go to bed, Kofi.
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by Swanzi(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
Newton85:
I didn't even finish reading your boring epistle. The fact is, Ghanaian security forces killed demonstrators at Ejura, end of. Go to bed, Kofi.

Pain am grin grin
Re: Ghana #fixthecountry Protesters Take To Accra's Street by alphaNomega: 4:32am On Aug 28, 2021
Torture2020:

I don't have to read what you wrote cool.

Your mother is a whorè, and your father is an orphan. The ones you call siblings are from different men. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Russian Economy In ‘shock’ Over Western Sanctions, Says Kremlin / Uganda: Bobi Wine's Supporter Kidnapped, Tortured & Dumped At Mortuary (Graphic) / Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.