Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

‘good Intentions But Why Cash?’ —mixed Reactions As Disu, Kyari’s Replacement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘good Intentions But Why Cash?’ —mixed Reactions As Disu, Kyari’s Replacement (589 Views)

Kyari’s Replacement: New Twists As Kingibe Bows Out, Ken Nnamani, Ogbonaya Onu C / Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement / Maman Daura, Aisha Buhari Fight Dirty Over Kyari’s Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘good Intentions But Why Cash?’ —mixed Reactions As Disu, Kyari’s Replacement by ijustdey: 9:14am On Aug 05, 2021
‘Good intentions but why cash?’ — mixed reactions as Disu, DCP Kyari’s replacement, is offered $10k gift

Aloy Chife, an information technology expert, has promised Tunji Disu $10,000 on his appointment as head of the Intelligence Response Team (IRT).

Usman Alkali Baba, the inspector-general of police (IGP), had named Disu as head of the IRT following the suspension of Abba Kyari, who was popularly addressed as Nigeria’s super cop.

The Police Service Commission (PSC) had suspended Kyari on the recommendation of the IGP over his alleged relationship with Ramon Abbas, self-confessed international fraudster better known as Hushpuppi.

Hushpuppi had alleged that he bribed Kyari to arrest and jail “one of his rivals in Nigeria after a dispute over a $1.1 million scam on Qatari business people”.

Kyari initially denied any wrongdoing, saying he never collected money from Hushpuppi but later deleted the Facebook post.

Excited by Disu’s appointment, Chife took to his Twitter handle to extol and congratulate him.

He described Disu as a “ray of hope” after which he promised him a cash gift on behalf of Nigerians and their “hopes for a professional police”.

Chife had also said in an earlier tweet in January that Disu is his most preferred person to serve as the IGP.

“News: IGPappoints Tunji Disu Head, Police Intelligence Response Team. Disu rising. A ray of hope for Nigeria,” Chife wrote.

“Congrats! @TunjiDisu1

“I’ll be giving you $10k in the name of long-suffering young Nigerians as a slight token of their affection and hopes for a professional police.

“There is no future for Nigeria unless it boasts a professional police service.

“Nations are built by a few good men in their chosen fields. And you, Mr Disu @TunjiDisu1 have an appointment with destiny.

“And we’re all desperate for your success.”

Disu rising.
A ray of hope for Nigeria.

Congrats! @TunjiDisu1
I’ll be giving you $10k in the name of long-suffering young Nigerians as a slight token of their affection and hopes for a professional police
1/ https:///Ag6Cul42Em

— Dr Aloy Chife (@ChifeDr) August 3, 2021

Chife’s gesture was followed by accolades for Disu as many Nigerians testified to his professionalism.

There were, however, some who expressed reservations about offering monetary gifts to Disu.

Below are some of the reactions.

Officer Disu's antecedents are remarkable. He's been a good cop, and I am desperate for his success too. How can a long-suffering young Nigerian like myself support your $10k with light N5k, sir? �

— Isaac Usoro (@Anyisabali) August 3, 2021

The man is an amazing soul. I remember his days in @rrslagos767 , that unit to date is the best policing outfit Nigeria has ever produced. I don't know how he did it but we're hopeful he will replicate same excellence in the national level.

— ����� | チンカイル (@rebirth_mode) August 3, 2021

this hope you are expressing in the man, where is it coming from? just a few days ago i was thinking abba kyari was an beacon of hope in the nigerian police. go easy sir.

— OYB (@oyb2point1) August 3, 2021

Surprised that ofu onye mgbu haven't tweeted "what does Dr. Chife do for a living sef?" Ndị uchu.

Wait a minute…they may have "Kooed" it on koo.

Omaka meli gị…enna.

— Distinguished N.T [SayNoTo97%Agenda 2.0] (@idmann_mit) August 3, 2021

Good intentions, but why cash gift? Biko put it down, if he takes it then, he's a corrupt man

— Fidelis Anumole (@fidelisanumole) August 3, 2021

The North boasted of ABBA Kyari until now. Mr. Tunji is an officer in the NPF and not the institution itself, until we see the change Nigerians are yearning for in the NPF, I can not VOUCH for him.

— Ugochukwu L. (@UgochukwuAni2) August 4, 2021

He is good as he is competent. Hopefully he won’t take the money offer.

— Mr. Odù (The Angry Nigerian) (@BolanleOdu) August 3, 2021

Let us not make another super cop out of tunji disu so that we will not end up being disappointed

— Enemali Emmanuel Edibo (@maliforjustice) August 3, 2021

https://www.thecable.ng/lets-not-make-him-another-super-cop-nigerians-kick-as-tunji-disu-is-offered-10k-gift

Lalasticlala
Re: ‘good Intentions But Why Cash?’ —mixed Reactions As Disu, Kyari’s Replacement by Fahdiga(m): 9:15am On Aug 05, 2021
Nigerian police is a criminal organization according to Canadian authorities. No one even Disu can sanitize it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘good Intentions But Why Cash?’ —mixed Reactions As Disu, Kyari’s Replacement by madridguy(m): 9:16am On Aug 05, 2021
I wish Mr Tunji Disu best of luck.

Sentiment aside, Mr Tunji deserve to be our IGP. If you're in Lagos, you will understand better, you cannot see the RRS behaving anyhow. They're always professional in their dealings.

May God judge Mr Ambode for making the RRS jagajaga and also reward our present point and kill governor for crippling them patapata.

Oh our darling RSS " 767/112 of Fashola SAN era.
Re: ‘good Intentions But Why Cash?’ —mixed Reactions As Disu, Kyari’s Replacement by Kriss216: 9:21am On Aug 05, 2021
madridguy:
Waste of wishes.

There's nothing good that will ever come from Nigeria Police. Stop wasting your wishes on irrelevant things.

1 Like

Re: ‘good Intentions But Why Cash?’ —mixed Reactions As Disu, Kyari’s Replacement by PlayMaker14: 9:22am On Aug 05, 2021
smiley
Re: ‘good Intentions But Why Cash?’ —mixed Reactions As Disu, Kyari’s Replacement by ValCon888: 9:29am On Aug 05, 2021
Mr Tunji Disu will do well to decline any cash gift whatsoever. The cash gift you receive today may land you in US jail tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: ‘good Intentions But Why Cash?’ —mixed Reactions As Disu, Kyari’s Replacement by DDfruitful: 9:35am On Aug 05, 2021
Witching
Re: ‘good Intentions But Why Cash?’ —mixed Reactions As Disu, Kyari’s Replacement by Fahdiga(m): 9:38am On Aug 05, 2021
madridguy:

Sentiment aside, Mr Tunji deserve to be our IGP. If you're in Lagos, you will understand better, you cannot see the RRS behaving anyhow. They're always professional in their dealings.

May God judge Mr Ambode for making the RRS jagajaga and also reward our present point and kill governor for crippling them patapata.

Oh our darling RSS " 767/112 of Fashola SAN era.
Nigerian police is a criminal organization
Re: ‘good Intentions But Why Cash?’ —mixed Reactions As Disu, Kyari’s Replacement by Kenpaly(m): 10:31am On Aug 05, 2021
One thing i know is dat abba kyari wil nt go to jail mark my word.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: The Many Complaints Of "Extortion" In The Southeast / World Record Set In Afghan For Miltary Plane Loading / JUST IN: IPOB Members Blast Igbo Icon, Maazi Ogbonnaya For Exposing ESN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.