Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,931 members, 7,863,292 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

If You Don’t Plan For Your Retirement Now, You’ll Hate Yourself Later. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If You Don’t Plan For Your Retirement Now, You’ll Hate Yourself Later. (334 Views)

Should Children Be Their Parents' Retirement Plan? / Realities Of Retirement. / Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Don’t Plan For Your Retirement Now, You’ll Hate Yourself Later. by akinsmail51: 11:16am On Aug 05, 2021
"Being a retiree is a sad experience from day one to grave for many Nigerians in this system."

The sentence above was shared by one of my favorite senior friends on his Facebook timeline few days ago.

What a sad reality!

I have met many people who used their youthful ages to work hard and still struggling financially during their retirement.

A brother was narrating to me how his father struggles financially during the retirement period.

A polytechnic lecturer, a retiree was lamenting to me his predicaments few years ago.

There’s often a combination of excitement and anxiety as people approach retirement.

The excitement comes from having more free time, but the anxiety comes from figuring out how much can I afford to spend?

No doubt, money is one of the main recipes for a successful retirement.

Having enough of it offers you a buffer or a "shock-absorber" against combative shocks such as an economic shock, or a cogent financial pressure or contingency expenses.

In other words, as you're approaching retirement, you need to have a financial plan, and a plan to stay engaged and productive.

In the years leading up to retirement, it’s wise to invest in activities, relationships and expertise.

The bitter truth is this, no one really knows how he or she will feel once retired.

Here's the good news:

“YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RICH TO RETIRE ON A GUARANTEED INCOME FOR LIFE”

There are lot of different ways you can be successful in retirement. There's one formula I will like to share with you this rainy morning.

It's simply an investment in CASH CROP plantation.

Let's choose PLANTAIN plantation as our case study today.

Right now or 5 years to your retirement year, buy some parcels of farmland, 2 - 5 acres is okay for a start.

Of course, you don't need to be told to buy a genuine land with valid documentation.

Then, secure your land with plantain plantation. You may start with an acre or 2 acres.

After the requisite land preparation, set up your plantation with 500 - 750 plantain stands.

Nurture this plantation well and I can assure you of an annual income of #500,000 - #1m consistently.

Set aside certain cash for weeding, fertilizer application, logistics and periodic farm visitation expenses.

If you are buoyant enough, opt in for irrigation farming system. Rain fed farming is no longer dependable.

This serves as an assurance for hamper harvest, given good agricultural practices and proper farm management.

Right now, a bunch of plantain is #800 - #1,200. Do the maths, assuming you harvest 500 - 750 plantain bunches.

The result is your annual income without too much stress.

In case, you want to get better enlightenment on farm set up & management or you want to outsource the farming chores, check the profile for details.

#cashcrop
#retirementplan
#plantain
#exploringagribusiness

(1) (Reply)

Learn Graphics Design Before The End Of This New Month / What You Should Know About Med Rep Job / Est Energy Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.