Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:53 AM

Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? (26020 Views)

Reno Omokri: What Abba Kyari Did Affects You As A Nigerian / Police Panel To Grill DCP Kyari As US Issues Arrest Warrant / Coronavirus: What Abba Kyari Did In The Last 10 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by FutureIsFemale(f): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
Male police? No. Female police? Yes.
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by Julianaa: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
Police, tailor, car seller, debt collector

The hustle is real

1 Like

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by resenne(f): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
We will soon hear that Abba Kyari has contacted covid 19 and is in treatment, that’s how the case will disappear form public discussio

1 Like

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
Just imagine the kind of people that comment in one minute nairaland I hail o, I remove my cap as well
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by 1Sharon(f): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
Aren't debts a civil issue?
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by Daniel61111: 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2021
Super Cop/Talior/Debt Recovery officer
See Resume... cheesy cheesy grin
Frontail:
cool
#IstandwithAbbaKyari#
Any day anytime cool cool cool
Nooooo ! Sheyyykkkiiiieee cool cool cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by AmuEbule: 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2021
shocked
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by IchimokuPilot: 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by IVORY2009(m): 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2021
When I visited a police station years ago, to pay a courtesy visit to a police friend of my, I observed that there is a man that borrowed money to a friend, and the friend refused to pay him back at as wen due, all he did was to contact the police to come help him recover the said money, as I was there I discovered the man owning money has to write an undertaking, signed, showing when he would pay the said money back, before he was allowed to go.

1 Like

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by Magabush1(m): 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2021
Police can recover monies, that's why you have the special fraud unit(sfu). The sfu helps people to recover funds from dubious character like 419

dre11:

What The Law Says: Are police allowed to recover debt as DCP Kyari did for Hushpuppi’s friend?

https://www.thecable.ng/what-the-law-says-are-police-allowed-to-recover-debt-as-dcp-kyari-did-for-hushpuppis-friend

1 Like

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by AmuEbule: 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2021
What The Law Says: Are police allowed to recover debt as DCP Kyari did for Hushpuppi’s friend?

@ dre11

You asked a legitimate question but the truth is that anything is possible in an abnormal Country like NIGERIA cheesy lipsrsealed

Fulani herdsmen are at every nook and corner in Nigeria with AK 47s killing, kidnapping and raping villagers.

Are they allowed by law to do those things?

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by rali123(f): 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2021
With this report, they will amend the law to suit themselves now, so when a case like this comes up, they will have a place to hide. They are all corrupt, all of them.
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by Mrtaye: 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2021
Smallpreek:
grin grin grin grin
Hmmmmm
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by mywells: 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
From bribe to debt collector and a tailor as well,this police hustle has varieties.
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by alizma: 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
Kyari made a valid statement when he said his claim can be verified from the person that actually collected money.
Then back to the question, let's assume that hushppupi is not a criminal, 90% of us here will be tempted to go the way of hushpuppi to recover our money if we have Abba Kyari as a friend and our debtor is refusing to pay us.

1 Like

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by velocity25(m): 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2021
From serving as jumia between The tailor and Hushpuppi to Debt Collector that's AMCON, that's 7th wonder of the world.
Where are all the resident zombies that parrioted this Super Scammer as super cop

Cc
Almaigaa,omenkalive kaduna1stson Arewason mynd44 et'al
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by Trustedpronet: 7:52pm On Aug 05, 2021
It's a norm here in Nigeria
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by marsup: 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2021
What will happen to all of Hushpuppy’s clothes? grin
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by ictplotter(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2021
Macsjebs:
Yeah, they do that but most times with court order
Can u hear yourself? Court is judiciary arm while police belong to the executive arm. Debt recovery is sole responsibility of the judiciary not the police.
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by egoldman(m): 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2021
festacman:
Abba Kyari didn't paint himself as an intelligent police officer. He covered himself in ignominy rather than in glory. He disappointed those who trusted him, broke the hearts of those who admired him and brought joy to those who hated him.

Obviously, he got too comfortable with his official powers. He got carried away with his much-feared and admired crime-fighting exploits. He conscience got numbed by unaccounted impunity committed in the line of duty.

From phone calls, text messages, Whatsapp chats to Facebook posts, Abba Kyari left easily traceable digital footprints all over the place. Agreed that he never expected Hushipuppi to retain their chats as trophy but to delete after reading but generally using his official lines for such illegal 'runs' was too dumb. He didn't display native intelligence, 'street-wisdom' or acquired intelligence. I am sure FBI agents were chuckling and shaking their heads about Nigeria Police while working on this case. I bet even the illiterate bandits in Zamfara forests would do better.

Lamentations of a Biharist.
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by UARBIAFRAODUA: 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2021
Boss, no stress us jare...we already know say na lie, and himself know say na lie, so no stress us

1 Like

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by Naijaishellish: 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2021
Monogamy:
Interesting.

tired of defending the him? Kids Sha.
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by egoldman(m): 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2021
Monogamy:
Interesting.

E choke you?
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by GardenOfGod(m): 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2021
I had earlier commented in one post yesterday....
GardenOfGod:

Mr. Kyari should be reminded that the Police Force DOES NOT HAVE A ANY BUSINESS IN RECOVERING LOAN OR DEPT OWED BY ANYONE, OR TO MEDIATE BETWEEN TWO PARTIES INVOLVED IN FINANCIAL ARGUMENTS. It is only the Court of the land that have such responsibility. Therefore, Kyari is guilty in that regard.

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by luizpippo(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2021
ValCon888:

He edited the Facebook post twelve times before deleting. In other words, the Tailor amended the cloth 12 times before discarding the material.
From Tailor to Debt Collector.
Tomorrow he'll become a Doctor.

Haha haha
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by tonysunkan: 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2021
Police have been helping people in Nigeria to recover debts since the days of Lord Lugard. grin

1 Like

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by PhilipReigns(m): 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2021
festacman:
Abba Kyari didn't paint himself as an intelligent police officer. He covered himself in ignominy rather than in glory. He disappointed those who trusted him, broke the hearts of those who admired him and brought joy to those who hated him.

Obviously, he got too comfortable with his official powers. He got carried away with his much-feared and admired crime-fighting exploits. He conscience got numbed by unaccounted impunity committed in the line of duty.

From phone calls, text messages, Whatsapp chats to Facebook posts, Abba Kyari left easily traceable digital footprints all over the place. Agreed that he never expected Hushipuppi to retain their chats as trophy but to delete after reading but generally using his official lines for such illegal 'runs' was too dumb. He didn't display native intelligence, 'street-wisdom' or acquired intelligence. I am sure FBI agents were chuckling and shaking their heads about Nigeria Police while working on this case. I bet even the illiterate bandits in Zamfara forests would do better.
Your observations are correct but it's not as if he isn't intelligent, his previous professional achievements in crime fighting can prove that he's (or was) an intelligent officer.

What you failed to observe is that this man is displaying foolish approach in his FBI case simply because he's guilty as charged. he's tensed up and can't think straight right now. I understand this because I have been through such emotional panic in the past expecially when the news come straight at you unexpected. The man is guilty. He's in panic and seriously tenced up, hence the reason his acting like that, it's not a matter of being intelligent or not, anyone can act like this when in serious tension.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by Hendtime: 8:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/what-the-law-says-are-police-allowed-to-recover-debt-as-dcp-kyari-did-for-hushpuppis-friend

I don't know how or when Kiyari took job from Amcon grin
Re: Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? by Oppy2k2: 8:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
Quota system unintelligent police officer.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

History Will Be Made If Tinubu Becomes President – Tanko Yakasai / Ebonyi Youths Hold Rally For Tinubu In Abakaliki (Video) / Former Anambra Governor, Chukwu Emeka Ezeife Visits Kashim Shettima (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.