Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,577 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

With My Beauty, I’ll Conquer Nollywood -olatunde Abiola - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / With My Beauty, I’ll Conquer Nollywood -olatunde Abiola (1011 Views)

Mr P & Olatunde Micheals In Dubai For A Solo Performance / Alaba Olatunde: Ooni Of Ife Is Cute, I Would've Loved To Date Him" / Peter Okoye’s Manager, Olatunde Micheals (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

With My Beauty, I’ll Conquer Nollywood -olatunde Abiola by aloyemeka1: 9:34pm On May 16, 2011
[size=14pt]With my beauty, I’ll conquer Nollywood -Olatunde Abiola, popular television drama, Superstory and sitcom Papa Ajasco star [/size]
By TOSIN AJIRIRE

Sunday, May 15, 2011
To the lovers of popular television drama, Superstory and sitcom Papa Ajasco, Olatunde Abiola is not a strange face. But in this age of rebranding, the young, pretty and talented actress is set to move upscale. Right now, she is gunning for the big league in Nollywood. Here, Abiola reveals to Blockbuster her strategy to conquer the movie industry. Excerpts:

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/may/15/sun/tunde-abiola[1].jpg[/img]
Tunde Abiola

Background

My name is Olatunde Abiola, I am 24 years old, and I am from Abeokuta, Ogun State. I’m a model, actress, and dancer. For me, growing up was fun. We didn’t lack anything. I was allowed to express myself. I had my kindergarten and primary school education at St. Margaret and Convent Primary School in Maryland, Lagos. I attended Queen’s College, Lagos, and later studied Fine Arts at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife. I did my NYSC in Jos. After school, I have tried my hands on the canvass. I do it mostly on orders though, it’s been a while. I have also tried my hands on fashion. But right now, I’m ready to take Nollywood by storm. I am going into acting full time.

Not a feminine name

The name, Olatunde actually came as a result of giving birth to me 10 minutes after my father’s death. My dad’s name is Olatunde Abiola. So, when I was born I was just christened Olatunde in memory of my dad, not minding it wasn’t a feminine name. In fact, when I was younger, I didn’t like people calling me Olatunde because I was ashamed of it. But now I am used to it. The name gets me a lot of attention, so I like to be called Tunde.

I resemble grandma

As I said, my dad died shortly before I was born so, I didn’t have any close contact with him. I know what he looks like; I have seen his pictures, which were mostly black and white. I look more like my paternal grandmother. I have little resemblance of my mum as well but my fair complexion resembles that of my maternal grandmother.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/may/15/506.html

(1) (Reply)

Beverly Naya Not Dating Desmond Elliotjuly / Ope Banwo Gets Death Threat From Omo Getto Singer, Baba Nee And Dudkoko (dagrin) / Tonto Dikeh Speaks On Tattoo, Father & Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.