Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Parading Suspects: Nigerian Police And EFCC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Parading Suspects: Nigerian Police And EFCC (400 Views)

7 People Charged To Court For Parading A Woman Naked In Anambra / Nasiru Ali Kozzographa To Sue EFCC For Parading Him As ‘Yahoo Boy’ / FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parading Suspects: Nigerian Police And EFCC by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
Am I the only one who think it is absurd that the Nigerian Police and EFCC post pictures of “alleged” offenders on social media?

What would happen if the court clear such persons of the “alleged “ crime?

Even if they’re guilty, I really don’t think such publicity is appropriate - especially for minor offenses- as it affects their chances of full integration into society upon rehabilitation in correctional facilities; and could even lead to suicide.

1 Like

Re: Parading Suspects: Nigerian Police And EFCC by Aboks(m): 9:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
True
Re: Parading Suspects: Nigerian Police And EFCC by SadiqBabaSani: 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kkshanana90:
Am I the only one who think it is absurd that the Nigerian Police and EFCC post pictures of “alleged” offenders on social media?

What would happen if the court clear such persons of the “alleged “ crime?

Even if they’re guilty, I really don’t think such publicity is appropriate - especially for minor offenses- as it affects their chances of full integration into society upon rehabilitation in correctional facilities; and could even lead to suicide.
if yu av bn a victim of these guys u wud them to be on display
Re: Parading Suspects: Nigerian Police And EFCC by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
SadiqBabaSani:
if yu av bn a victim of these guys u wud them to be on display

It is even worse when it is “alleged”. Go through the EFCC Facebook timeline, you’d see pictures of many “alleged” offenders. To me, it doesn’t make sense!
Re: Parading Suspects: Nigerian Police And EFCC by Olodo24: 11:24am On Aug 07, 2021
Too bad. Too make it even worse, they don't investigate before parading them and they don't parade rich men

(1) (Reply)

Pastors, The Authors Of Confusion In Christianity / Nigeria Is The Second Country In The World With The Most Reported Romance Scam. / I Am A Bandit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.