Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

If Made President What Change Will You Bring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Made President What Change Will You Bring (844 Views)

If Nigeria Was Governed By Russia President? What Will Be Your Take On This! / Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi / APC South West Governor To Be Made President In 2023 – Former Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Made President What Change Will You Bring by DannyG8(m): 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
What changes will you bring To your country, If made president?
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by Fahdiga(m): 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
Jail all the old politicians
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by aremuforlife(m): 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2021
Fahdiga:
Jail all the old politicians
Jail without trial?
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
I will do nothing less than balkanize Nigeria into six countries.
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by realstars: 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
I Will Change Nira To Dallers And Bring Food To Every Nigerian Homes.
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by YouthAwaken(f): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2021
Join Youth Awaken Initiative it high time we put the youth first
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by TheEnygma(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2021
Scrap the old Constitution and make a new one..... Then change the system of government to true fedralism.

1 Like

Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by Fahdiga(m): 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
aremuforlife:

Jail without trial?
I will do Jerry Rawlings on them all
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by joyandfaith: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
DannyG8:

I will fix police. All police officers have to wear body cams. Fix police, fix Nigeria.
I will empty most detention centres. Nobody should be imprisoned for civil problems.
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by Handsomebb: 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2021
if possible compete with leading nations in all ramifications, strengthen currency value, electricity, roads, water, e plenty abeg. Job creations which is no 1. education no be key again o.
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by LokoH(m): 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
Commercial sex workers will have salary every month.
Give them cars they can pay gradually.
If quote me, your daughter will join them
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2021
Remove subsides on petrol and power...and allow the market control the price of petrol and power..so that we can attract investors, and more investment.

Tax the untaxed 70% of the taxable population to raise more revenue.

Stiffer penalties for corruption and stealing.

Take loans to expand the railway network.

1 Like

Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by CodeTemplar: 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
First of all, I will adopt a centralized accounting system or software that will reveal every kobo moved in or out of MDAs.
All expense will be studied and items common to many MDAs will be bought in bulk and distributed.
Second is a identification for all citizens. A central system that can then be used to track population, birth, deaths, relocations and employment in civil service.
I will push for states to start depending on IGR gradually in a process that reduces their share of FAAC to 8% from the current ~30%.
Refineries will be built.
Regions will handle all main roads within and the FG will only intervene equally for all region.
Each region must have their main industrial hubs built around their most sellable raw mateeials,(crude, natural resources, rubber, cocoa, groundnut rice, etc).
A star topology track that runs from centre of the country to each six regions will be mapped out for building pipelines, rails, power transmission lines along. This will enable easier monitoring and reduced vandalism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by cooooooks(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2021
FREELANCE!
As much as possible, open the country to freelancing. Make it possible to receive any kind of payment (any currency, bitcoin, etc). The caveat will be that $2000 cannot be easily transferred out of the country.

CURRENCY!
No more banking and parallel rate. Everybody uses the same rate whether its a bank or BDC. Do this by selling directly to banks/BDC at the same rate. Reduce dependence on USD. Explore the gold standard (don't know enough yet but explore if it keeps inflation down). Try to increase demand of Naira by trading oil in Naira and making Naira legal tender in some other African countries.

PETROL!!
No subsidy. Free license to refine in the country. Free license to import fuel from anybody at normal customs rate. We don't have supply which is why petrol prices keep going up. The number of cars proportional to our population is extremely low and will only increase, therefore a low pump price, without subsidies, is extremely important.

REMITTANCES!!
Try to get visa free agreements with some countries especially for healthcare workers. Try to get acceptance of degrees by many countries abroad. Any Nigerian who graduated in the health sector gets a $10,000 loan to travel out to specific countries. They have to pay back the loan within 5 years at 10 - 20 % interest a year. They can only get the loan if they're going to a country we have an agreement with. So if they disappear, the country takes the money directly from their bank accounts to us. Remittances from people abroad is the biggest source of foreign currency in this country. In the same vein, we should accept all major foreign currencies.

TRAINS!
Use existing rail lines and have trains working 20 - 24 hours a day. Mandate cargo above a certain weight to only move by train. Any new rail construction will come with concession granted that the company builds the lines at record speed.

3 Likes

Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by cooooooks(m): 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
Specifically?

Handsomebb:
if possible compete with leading nations in all ramifications, strengthen currency value, electricity, roads, water, e plenty abeg. Job creations which is no 1. education no be key again o.
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by cooooooks(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
Tracking all MDAs is called auditing. We already have an auditor general. Focus on getting them how IRS gets people. If the FIRS comes after you hard, only you will tell yourself not to steal and not pay tax.

I agree with identity. I don't think we need a new identity system but to expand the use of passport, bvn, nin.

What will happen to the FAAC when the reduction happens?

Everybody has said refineries will be built. How?

CodeTemplar:
First of al, I will adopt a centralized accounting system or software that will reveal every kobo moved in or out of MDAs.
All expense will be studied and items common to many MDAs will be bought in bulk and distributed.
Second is a identification for all citizens. A central system that can then be used to track population, birth, deaths, relocations and employment in civil service.
I will push for states to start depending on IGR gradually in a process that reduces their share of FAAC to 8% from the current ~30%.
Refineries will be built.
Regions will handle all main roads within and the FG will only intervene equally for all region.
Each region must have their main industrial hubs built around their most sellable raw mateeials,(crude, natural resources, rubber, cocoa, groundnut rice, etc).
A star topology track that runs from centre of the country to each six regions will be mapped out for building pipelines, rails, power transmission lines along. This will enable easier monitoring and reduced vandalism.

Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by cooooooks(m): 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
Tax on zero naira is still zero naira.

Agree with subsidies but with no increase in supply prices will double or triple.

Penalties are fine but years to get convictions will still be high.
Beancounter94:
Remove subsides on petrol and power...and allow the market control the price of petrol and power..so that we can attract investors, and more investment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by cooooooks(m): 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
Another thing, companies looking for remote English, french operations should be able to call on Nigeria.

This is related to freelancing but as president, we could push for a few big contracts.

Go abroad, Nigerians are working in call centers everywhere. I remember when I spoke with an Airbnb rep and she told me she was based in Lagos. I was overjoyed.

For the companies, hiring Nigerians could be cheaper than Indians. An experienced customer service call center agent earns ~ $20/hr meaning $160 a day or $3,200+ a month before taxes.

At 50%, that will be $1,600 a month or N640,000 a month at N400/$1. Imagine one small town has 50 people earning that legitimately. Think of the improvement in that area. Then expand this across the country.

Some Nigerians abroad may even prefer to come back and manage this in their own country.
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by orisa37: 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
The CIVILIAN POLITICIANS have never done anything like Creating States. They always rely on our Military Politicians to Create States.

For a Change, and now under LAWAN AND GBAJABIAMILA, The NASS AND THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATE ASSEMBLIES SHOULD INCREASE THE STATES TO 42 GIVING SEVEN STATES TO EACH OF THE SIX ZONES OF THE FEDERATION.

SCRAP THE EXCLUSIVE LIST OF THE SO CALLED CONSTITUTION AND LIMIT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MILITARY, ON EQUALITY OF STATES BASIS, AND TREATIES SEALING ONLY.
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by DannyG8(m): 1:51am On Aug 08, 2021
inspirator1:
I will do nothing less than balkanize Nigeria into six countries.
how do you intend to do that
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by DannyG8(m): 1:52am On Aug 08, 2021
realstars:
I Will Change Nira To Dallers And Bring Food To Every Nigerian Homes.
just like USA

Using tax money or what
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by DannyG8(m): 1:53am On Aug 08, 2021
TheEnygma:
Scrap the old Constitution and make a new one..... Then change the system of government to true fedralism.
really do you think federalism will solve the problem
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by DannyG8(m): 1:54am On Aug 08, 2021
joyandfaith:

I will fix police. All police officers have to wear body cams. Fix police, fix Nigeria.
I will empty most detention centres. Nobody should be imprisoned for civil problems.
like seriously
You mean Nigeria problem are they police officers
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by DannyG8(m): 1:55am On Aug 08, 2021
Handsomebb:
waytin come be the key if no education
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by DannyG8(m): 1:56am On Aug 08, 2021
Beancounter94:

good one
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by Perfectbeing(m): 2:02am On Aug 08, 2021
Some people are mistaking the title for dictator for president. Most people won't be able to do all what they say if they are made a president. Jail all politicians grin. How? Would you also jail all the 109 senators and 360 house of rep? grin .. It's then you'll know how easy it is to impeach a president..

If your most important work isn't how to increase the revenue of Nigeria by at least 3 times, then you've already failed before you even start. And I'm sure you all know that increasing the revenue by that margin can't happen in one term unless by miracle oil price increases very well during your tenure...

2 Likes

Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by jarkbauer: 2:07am On Aug 08, 2021
As civilian president there is little you can do to change the polity.
As a dictator,
1 I will get us a new constitution.
2 Reform the police
3 Remove subsidy on fuel and electricity.
4 Ban all politicians who has held office since 1999 from active politics or contesting for offices.
5 computerise a lot of process in Nigeria.
6 FIght corruption with technology.
7 Develop the ‘Nigerian standard’ of Standardisation
8 I will develop a 2 party system and ban cross carpeting before elections
9. Build nationalism and patriotism in Nigerians.
10 Cancel states and create 6 regions as federating units.

1 Like

Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by joyandfaith: 4:30am On Aug 08, 2021
DannyG8:
like seriously
You mean Nigeria problem are they police officers

Of course!!!
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by DannyG8(m): 7:05am On Aug 08, 2021
joyandfaith:

Of course!!!
you must be kidding me
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by joyandfaith: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2021
DannyG8:
you must be kidding me
I am damn serious
Re: If Made President What Change Will You Bring by vanunu: 7:52am On Aug 08, 2021
DannyG8:

I will push for referendum to be included in the constitution, so that ethnic groups that want to form their own country will do so, Europe is now very peaceful because almost all European countries. are formed base on distinct ethnic group,

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Why Most Nigerians Deserve To Suffer - Stop Blaming Buhari Alone / People are tired of unknown gunmen as they hand one over to army - VIDEO / “it Is Not The Chairman Of Your Village Motor Park” – APC Chairman Defends ₦100m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.