Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? (1009 Views)

Totally Forgotten Cars - Do You Remember Any Of Them? / GMC Has Given Off-roading A New Force To Reckon With / The Porsche ‘singer’ 911 Safari, Off-roading Never Looked Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by uzoma213(m): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
Which vehicle (SUV or Truck) do you think is the best for off-roading?

There are many AWD and 4WD cars that comes to mind when you talk about off-roading.
You have the Mercedes Benz G- class, Toyota land cruiser, Toyota Hilux, range rover cars, jeep wrangler Rubicon, sebaru, ford raptor, dodge ram etc, there are so many of them.

The AWD cars don't really come close to their 4WD counterparts when it's comes to hard core off-roading but they all have features that set them all above each other in a way or two.
Some of these features include traction control, low range driving, locking differentials, limited slip differentials and a few more.

Personally, my favourites are the wrangler Rubicon and the G-class because they both have three locking differentials ( front, rear and centre) even tho the wrangler doesn't have a center diff lock but has a transfer case that does the job.

So tell me, which is your favourite?

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by uzoma213(m): 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2021
Uncle lala, i know this is not about snakes but please take this thread to the permanent site
Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by Shellsploit: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2021
Wrangler!

1 Like

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by uzoma213(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
Shellsploit:
Wrangler!
Nice choice
Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by Timagex(m): 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
What of all those raised cars used for smuggling? Those cars dey trample any road o! grin

1 Like

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by uzoma213(m): 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
Timagex:
What of all those raised cars used for smuggling? Those cars dey trample any road o! grin
Hahahaha, those cars are heavily modified that's why they are able to go on those terrains

1 Like

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by SPLENDID25(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2021
in post malone's voice...G-WAGON! x3

1 Like

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by id4sho(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2021
Number 1 Nigeria off roader, buy this and know peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by Originalsly: 5:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
The ones that explorers and those that go into remote areas use. There must be a reason why G-Wagon or any MB is not used .... and why the vehicles of choice are Toyota and Land Rover.... and I know money is not a problem.
For cars ... hands down ... Subaru.

1 Like

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by uzoma213(m): 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
Originalsly:
The ones that explorers and this that go into remote areas use. There must be a reason why G-Wagon or any MB is used and why the vehicles of choice are Toyota and Land Rover.... and I know moneybis not a problem.
For cars ... hands down ... Subaru.
I don't think anybody buys a G-class for its off-road capabilities. Most people use Toyota cars because of how hard it is for them to break down while away from civilization.
The sebaru cars I know are AWD and a common knowledge is that AWD cars are not the go-to cars for extreme off-roading. Best to go with a 4WD

2 Likes

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by uzoma213(m): 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
id4sho:
Number 1 Nigeria off roader, buy this and know peace
grin

1 Like

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by kernniejay(m): 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2021
The best off-road car in Nigeria is Toyota Corrola. Do you think it is widely used in Nigeria for nothing? All the roads in Nigeria are off-roads and that is why Toyota Corrola rules.
Bros na joke I dey o grin

1 Like

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by uzoma213(m): 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
kernniejay:
The best off-road car in Nigeria is Toyota Corrola. Do you think it is widely used in Nigeria for nothing? All the roads in Nigeria are off-roads and that is why Toyota Corrola rules.
Bros na joke I dey o grin
you had me rolling on the floor at "all the roads in Nigeria are off-road" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by PAQ(m): 11:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
Not in any order;

1. FJ Cruiser
2. Toyota 4Runner (4×4 not SR5)
3. JEEP wrangler/ Rubbicon
4. Toyota Landcruiser (70 series)
5. G Wagon
6. Land Rover Defender
7. Toyota Hilux
8. Nissan Patrol

1 Like

Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by uzoma213(m): 9:26am On Aug 09, 2021
PAQ:
Not in any order;

1. FJ Cruiser
2. Toyota 4Runner (4×4 not SR5)
3. JEEP wrangler/ Rubbicon
4. Toyota Landcruiser (70 series)
5. G Wagon
6. Land Rover Defender
7. Toyota Hilux
8. Nissan Patrol
You can just say you like all off-road cars because you just named almost all of them
Re: Which Cars Do You Think Are The Best For Off-roading? by PAQ(m): 9:54am On Aug 09, 2021
uzoma213:

You can just say you like all off-road cars because you just named almost all of them

I like cars generally, read every article about cars. In my next life i will be a mechanic, in this life i will own and drive as much as i can.

But for now its just me and my Corolla! grin

The OP requested for the best off road vehicles, from what is available in Nigeria, these are the best i know.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Unique Device That Put My Car In Good State And Also Put Me In Good Mood / Which Type Of Car Is Good For Uber? / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.