Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor (7462 Views)

Leave My Dad Alone - MC Oluomo's Son, King West Tells P'Square / MURIC Backs Sharia In South-West, Tells Christians To ‘Mind Their Business’ / Flavour, Davido, Mr.Raw, Zoro, Emoney, Thrill Thousands At PDP Enugu West Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by OEPHIUS(m): 4:54am On Aug 08, 2021
2023: It's Enugu East Senatorial District's turn to produce your successor - Enugu West tells Gov. Ugwuanyi

The people of Enugu West Senatorial District have declared that it is the turn of Enugu East Senatorial District of the state to produce the next governor of Enugu State in 2023, based on the existing rotational arrangement, which was reaffirmed by the leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, during the State Caucus meeting of the Party in 2013.

The people of Enugu West Senatorial District took the decision during the well-attended solidarity rally tagged: "Ife-Emelumma Enugu West Unity Rally for Gburugburu", held at Awgu Local Government Area Secretariat, on Saturday.

Speaking at the rally which was graced by #Governor Ifeanyi #Ugwuanyi of #Enugu State, his deputy, Hon. Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo, Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi, State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Hon. Augustine Nnamani, present and former members of the National and State Assemblies, Chairmen of Aninri, Awgu, Ezeagu, Oji-River and Udi Local Government Areas, Traditional Rulers, the Clergy, among others, the Convener and Chairman of the Central Organising Committee of the rally, Senator Ben Collins Ndu, told Gov. Ugwuanyi that the people of Enugu West Senatorial District have assembled to speak with one voice that the zoning of the governorship seat of the state favours Enugu East Senatorial District.

Senator Ndu who disclosed that the people of Enugu West Senatorial District are 100 percent in support of Gov. Ugwuanyi and his decisions in respect of his successor in 2023, maintained that they firmly stand by the decision of the State Caucus of the PDP in 2013, that the governorship position of Enugu State should rotate to Enugu East Senatorial District after the expiration of the turn of Enugu North Senatorial District presently occupied by the governor.

The Convener revealed that he seconded the motion moved by Chief Hon. Dubem Onyia, at the said PDP Caucus meeting of July 7, 2013, that the governorship position of the state should rotate to Enugu North Senatorial District in 2015 with an understanding that it should rotate to Enugu East Senatorial District in 2023, after the turn of Enugu North Senatorial District.

Senator Ndu pointed out that the PDP meeting of 2013 was attended by the party leaders such as the then State Chairman of the PDP, Chief Engr. Vita Abba, then Governor of Enugu State, Sullivan Chime (from Enugu West Senatorial District), then Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, then Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Eugene Odo, other members of the National and State Assemblies who were members of the Caucus.

He added it was based on the PDP decision on zoning of the governorship position that Rt. Hon. Ugwuanyi from Enugu North Senatorial District emerged the governorship candidate of the party and thereafter the Governor of Enugu State in 2015.

"What we are saying in Enugu West Senatorial District is that in Enugu State, governorship position rotates among the three senatorial districts. You (Ugwuanyi) are a beneficiary of the motion I seconded that the governorship seat should rotate to Enugu North Senatorial District. The motion was amended by Dr. Charles Egumgbe that after Enugu North Senatorial District, it would be the turn of Enugu East Senatorial District. The amendment was adopted by the Caucus at that meeting", Senator Ndu said while displaying the minutes of the meeting.

The Chairman of the Organising Committee therefore reassured Gov. Ugwuanyi that "the entire people of Enugu West Senatorial District are with you", stressing: "Wherever you go, we go with you...Odikwagi N' aka".

In their goodwill messages, other speakers at the unity rally, such as all the members of the State House of Assembly in Enugu West Senatorial District, Chairmen of the five LGAs in the zone, members of the State Executive Council (EXCO), the PDP LG Chairmen, the Traditional Rulers, the youth, former House of Representatives member, Rt. Hon. Ogbuefi Ozomgbachi, former Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, former Minister of Aviation, Amb. Mrs. Fidelia Njeze, Chief Anayo Onwuegbu, among others, endorsed the pronouncement made by the Convener, reiterating that it is the turn of Enugu East Senatorial District to produce Gov. Ugwuanyi’s successor in 2023.

Addressing the mammoth crowd at the rally, Gov. Ugwuanyi thanked the people of Enugu West Senatorial District for their unwavering confidence in his political leadership and reaffirmed the unflinching commitment of his administration to act in their best interest, as always.

"It is significant that the people of Enugu West Senatorial District have willfully communicated their position without goading. I, therefore, assure you that we shall strive to sustain whatever has kept our state peaceful, united and on the path of development. In doing so, we shall be consultative, just and equitable.

“The theme of today’s rally (Ife Emelu Mma) seemed musical to me when I got the invitation, but having listened to all the speeches, I now understand that Ife Emelu Mma mantra, is both a statement of fact and a philosophy; a philosophy that situates and inspires a just and equitable dispensation of political leadership in our polity.

“In its literal sense, it is ‘ofo’; an innovation of the divine spirit to bear witness to our acts of justice and equity.

“Your message is therefore clear. It is understood in all ramifications. May God grant your prayers and heart’s desire”, the governor said.

Rt. Hon. Ofor Chukwuegbo, Hon. Prince Cornelius Nnaji, Senator Hyde Onuaguluchi, Rt. Hon. U.S.A Igwesi, Sir. Chinyeaka Ohaa, and Dr. Tony Okam, were among the dignitaries who graced the occasion

https://www.facebook.com/219622205177206/posts/1244497276023022/

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by OEPHIUS(m): 4:56am On Aug 08, 2021
More

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by KingsCity: 5:02am On Aug 08, 2021
I disagree. The position has rotated among the three zones. The second round of the rotation can start from any zone.. I support Ikeoha for Governor 2023

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Chicagoesontop: 5:08am On Aug 08, 2021
So una don carry this thing enter into core Igbo land ..?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by chukwuibuipob: 5:09am On Aug 08, 2021
I'll support and campaign for Right candidate
Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by crossfm: 5:13am On Aug 08, 2021
Hehehe.

The drama that is about to play out in Enugu state is really a big one.

Governor Ugwuanyi and Ekweremadu should respect themselves,by allowing the zoning arranged to stand for peace sake.

Both Ugwuanyi and Ekweremadu know they are not qualified to contest in the next general election.

Going by the zoning arrangement in the state,its not the turn of Udenu to contest for senate,same is applicable to Ekweremadu, because his senatorial district is out of the race.

The best thing for both men to do is to step aside.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by DenreleDave(m): 5:14am On Aug 08, 2021
Thank God.. Tinubu and Mc oluomo are Enugu indigenous sons...

Mc oluomo for Enugu governor grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by michlins(m): 5:34am On Aug 08, 2021
Go through Enugu and the only sign of government presence is different signposts singing this man praise.

Periodically, you may find people who constructing roads with shovel and dilapidated bulldozer

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by gurujoe(m): 5:37am On Aug 08, 2021
I don't know while this is becoming a serious issue. Enugu state let give peace a chance to raign. It is the turn of Enugu East to produce the next governor. What Enugu west don't know is that in Enugu state you guys are minority and if not for rotation governorship won't reach you people. So, let not be opportunist and do the right thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Holyman3(m): 5:40am On Aug 08, 2021
Wrong headline.

Enugu West Caucus told Ugwuanyi it's the turn of Enugu East to produce the next Governor. I was there. Meanwhile what's this shitt doing on the home page?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by pascalbenz: 5:42am On Aug 08, 2021
There problem tongue
Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by BluntCrazeMan: 5:49am On Aug 08, 2021
They are all fools though.!!
Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by popp(m): 6:39am On Aug 08, 2021
Just like someone said above, it is the turn of Enugu East and not that of the West.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Niwdog(m): 6:50am On Aug 08, 2021
Wrong headline
Let's see what Ekweremadu ass licker will say on political voices tomorrow

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by vitusotti: 6:51am On Aug 08, 2021
Not true sir, Sullivan Chime did for Enugu West, No is the turn of Enugu East.

KingsCity:
I disagree. The position has rotated among the three zones. The second round of the rotation can start from any zone.. I support Ikeoha for Governor 2023

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by vitusotti: 6:53am On Aug 08, 2021
Lol..and you are? the biggest of them all?...hahaaa!!

BluntCrazeMan:
They are all fools though.!!
Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Penguin2: 7:09am On Aug 08, 2021
If former Ministers and Federal representatives of Enugu West attended the rally,

And all elected state representatives at the Enugu House of Assembly,

And all PDP LG chairmen and all other party machinery,

My question now is, who then is standing with Ekweremadu?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by teamoneline: 7:12am On Aug 08, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Why? undecided..Because they don't support or subscribe to your Biafra pipe dream?

How can you be doing election based on zoning?

I was expecting them to say that all candidates must come out and debate so that people can select an intellectual governor. Instead of making your selection based on economic policies and ideas you people are doing zoning. Tomorrow herdsmen will slaughter all of you.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Penguin2: 7:14am On Aug 08, 2021
KingsCity:

Come and say this in Abakpa, I want to check something.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by IgboWarlord(m): 7:16am On Aug 08, 2021
Why? undecided..Because they don't subscribe to your pipe dream of Biafra?
Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by IgboWarlord(m): 7:17am On Aug 08, 2021
teamoneline:
I hate Igbo politicians with passion. It's these ones they are suppose to be chopping off their penis

Why? undecided..Because they don't support or subscribe to your Biafra pipe dream?
Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by PENNYSWAP: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2021
Penguin2:
If former Ministers and Federal representatives of Enugu West attended the rally,

His village people

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by PENNYSWAP: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2021
Penguin2:

His village people and his in laws at Orji river
Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Ghostrye: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2021
this rotation thing just doesn't sit well with me
Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Kam2021: 7:39am On Aug 08, 2021
Ikeoha has been good with projects but it's the turn of Enugu East...politics is all about negotiation..he can still negotiate with the leaders of Enugu East..

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Penguin2: 7:47am On Aug 08, 2021
PENNYSWAP:

His village people and his in laws at Orji river

grin grin grin

You mean sycophants?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Penguin2: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2021
Kam2021:
Ikeoha has been good with projects but it's the turn of Enugu East...politics is all about negotiation..he can still negotiate with the leaders of Enugu East..

Nothing to negotiate.

It’s the turn of Enugu East and that’s non-negotiable.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Kaduna1stson: 7:56am On Aug 08, 2021
michlins:
Go through Enugu and the only sign of government presence is different signposts singing this man praise.

Periodically, you may find people who constructing roads with shovel and dilapidated bulldozer

Loud mouthed empty vessel. cheesy
Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Chris2863(m): 8:02am On Aug 08, 2021
KingsCity:
You think say you get sense? grin
Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by NSK4U(m): 8:23am On Aug 08, 2021
KingsCity:

If it has rotated among the three, the agreement demands that it returns to the first who occupied it at the beginning of the rotation, don't bring problem to an existing tradition.
I love the fact that Ugwuanyi supported it anyway. He should as well try to pay state pensioners gratuities before leaving office.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:26am On Aug 08, 2021
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The drama that is about to play out in Enugu state is really a big one.

Governor Ugwuanyi and Ekweremadu should respect themselves,by allowing the zoning arranged to stand for peace sake.

Both Ugwuanyi and Ekweremadu know they are not qualified to contest in the next general election.

Going by the zoning arrangement in the state,its not the turn of Udenu to contest for senate,same is applicable to Ekweremadu, because his senatorial district is out of the race.

The best thing for both men to do is to step aside.

How did you come to the conclusion it's not The turn of Udenu to go to the Senate?

Has Udenu been there before?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu West Tells Ugwuanyi Enugu East Should Produce Governor by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2021
Penguin2:

Ekweremadu should take a back seat. The next Governor is coming from Isiuzo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Killed Brutally By Bandits. See Picture Inside / Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! / Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.