Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Is There Really A God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Really A God (1756 Views)

Is There Really Anything God Can To Restore Leah Sheribu's Lost Years? / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / How To Marry A God-fearing Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 6:57am On Aug 08, 2021
I do not know.
I cannot say there is
I cannot say there is not
I just simply DO NOT KNOW

What I know I know .
What I do not know I do not know
Let us approach the issue with that simple and fundamental honesty

There are many "GOD STORIES" from all over the world

What many people believe is simply based on

WHERE THEY WERE BORN AND WHAT THEY WERE TOLD

Inevitably when they meet another person with a different story there is a clash , conflict and killing

Many of these stories seek to establish a FRANCHISE

Like a sole importer or sole distributor and so anyone who threatens their franchise is an enemy and liable to be killed

What is a Franchise

A claim that we are

THE SOLE DISTRIBUTOR OF GOD

and

ANY OTHER DISTRIBUTOR IS NOT NAFDAC APPROVED

We now have new and imported stories from outside Africa that tell us to disregard and delete all our stories from thousands of stories
and to upload foreign stories into our Mind as direct from God

Inevitably the question arises for thinkers. Why do these foreign stories have no provision for black Africans for thousands of years or is there another God for Black Africans?

3 Likes

Re: Is There Really A God by Monogamy: 7:06am On Aug 08, 2021
There are supernatural beings actually. Have power to do and undo but not in the description of religious folks

Black hole, dark energy can also be regarded as God cos the mystery behind them are incomprehensible

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 7:07am On Aug 08, 2021
Monogamy:
There are supernatural beings actually. Have power to do and undo but not in the description of religious folks

Black hole, dark energy can also be regarded as God cos the mystery behind them are incomprehensible
How do you know this?

What does supernatural mean?
Clearly you are in possession of knowledge that is uncommon
Does incomprehensible = God

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God by Monogamy: 7:13am On Aug 08, 2021
aribisala0:
How do you know this?

What does supernatural mean?
Clearly you are in possession of knowledge that is uncommon

Supernatural are forces beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature, which can't really be explained how they come about.

Dark energy is one of the supernatural things .. It is not even visible or be described how it looks like but it's damn real..

Dancing Aurora due to sun's particles interacting with earth gravitational field, that is visible. Dark energy is involved in that

Black hole, the spinning of a black hole could even be faster than the speed of light, place of no return

Btw, is the acclaimed religious people's God also comprehensible? What's the meaning of doing things in a mysterious way( unexplainable)

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 7:21am On Aug 08, 2021
Monogamy:

Supernatural are forces beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature, which can't really be explained how they come about.

Dark energy is one of the supernatural things .. It is not even visible or be described how it looks like but it's damn real..

Dancing Aurora due to sun's particles interacting with earth gravitational field, that is visible. Dark energy is involved in that

Black hole, the spinning of a black hole could even be faster than the speed of light, place of no return

Btw, is the acclaimed religious people's God also comprehensible? What's the meaning of doing things in a mysterious way( unexplainable)
My question is simple . It requires a simple explanation
How do you know?
I do not know
So how can I acquire this knowledge like you?
Re: Is There Really A God by Monogamy: 7:28am On Aug 08, 2021
aribisala0:
My question is simple . It requires a simple explanation
How do you know?
I do not know
So how can I acquire this knowledge like you?

Hahahahaha, see whyning ooo

Those things are available to read about

One of the old fans of Vsauce Michael, Akeem Oluseyi and Micheo Kaku.. If you know what I mean...

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 7:28am On Aug 08, 2021
If I don't know a thing I don't know and admit I don't not not manufacture an explanation.
Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 7:32am On Aug 08, 2021
Once you create an explanation
You invest in it and it becomes difficult and even painful to abandon it
Your mind becomes closed
Whereas if you admit you don't know then the possibility of discovery remains

4 Likes

Re: Is There Really A God by chatinent: 7:32am On Aug 08, 2021
Life your eyes up and see, who has created these things?

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 7:39am On Aug 08, 2021
Monogamy:

Hahahahaha, see whyning ooo

Those things are available to read about

One of the old fans of Vsauce Michael, Akeem Oluseyi and Micheo Kaku.. If you know what I mean...
No I don't know . I created this thread to ask questions if you cannot contribute or do not like the question why not ignore the thread

You have come here and declared

There are Supernatural beings

Once again

How do you know this?

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41am On Aug 08, 2021
My name is Maximus, one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. Would you like me to join the ongoing discussion?
Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2021
chatinent:
Life your eyes up and see, who has created these things?
I have lifted my eyes I cannot see anything other than the sky

tell me please how to lift my eyes that I am not already doing
Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
My name is Maximus, one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. Would you like me to join the ongoing discussion?
It looks like you joined already
I really think it will be a waste of time though if all you are going to offer is

"MY HOLY BOOK SAYS......"

I do not want this thread to degenerate or digress into arguments about doctrines

I use the word "know" in a very concrete sense
I am not talking about beliefs but knowledge in the way that ALL HUMANS share
such as we know it is morning or afternoon regardless of beliefs

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God by Alao046(m): 7:46am On Aug 08, 2021
There might be something/someone called god up there or even anywhere. There might even be a god that created all the universe.
But if it is the Almighty god as described by the Muslims, christains and jews, as in the one that created the whole universe, Paradise and hellfire, that particular God CANNOT exist. It is just vacuum.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Really A God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:47am On Aug 08, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, i only introduced myself and the source of the SUPERIOR wisdom you're about to experience.
I won't even talk about any book and i assure you that you will be the one demanding as in BEGGING for the book when you have a taste of higher intelligence! smiley

aribisala0:
It looks like you joined already
I really think it will be a waste of time though if all you are going to offer is
"MY HOLY BOOK SAYS......"
I do not want this thread to degenerate or digress into arguments about doctrines!
Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 7:47am On Aug 08, 2021
Alao046:
There might be something/someone called god up there or even anywhere. There might even be a god that created all the universe.
But if it is the hod god as described by the Muslims, christains and jews, as in the one that created the whole universe, Paradise and hellfire, that particular god CANNOT exist. It is just vacuum.

There might be ,on the other hand there mightn't .

I do not know
Re: Is There Really A God by Alao046(m): 7:53am On Aug 08, 2021
aribisala0:
There might be ,on the other hand there mightn't .

I do not know
Yeah, we can't rule out the possibility of the existence of a god, and we also don't know its characteristics or whether it created this universe or not.
But definitely a God as described by the Qur'an, gospel and Torah doesn't exist and not only does not exist, it cannot exist
Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 7:56am On Aug 08, 2021
Here is the thing
If you decide there is God without knowing then there follows a desire to design the God that you have created

In many place this starts with anthropomorphization

i.e
God becomes HE

God becomes KING
God becomes GOOD

just as if one was designing an Iphone

One starts to attribute all kinds of FEATURES to the God they have designed

but why must God be Good

Why can't God be Bad ?

Why can't God be She

Why can't God be a queen

All of these things are simply unknown

And these questions are
UNCOMFORTABLE

anyone who asks questions like this has to be LABELLED and SILENCED

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 7:59am On Aug 08, 2021
Alao046:

Yeah, we can't rule out the possibility of the existence of a god, and we also don't know its characteristics or whether it created this universe or not.
But definitely a God as described by the Qur'an, gospel and Torah doesn't exist and not only does not exist, it cannot exist

Well that God has Man and the Earth as its ultimate "creations" and focus.
Re: Is There Really A God by Alao046(m): 7:59am On Aug 08, 2021
aribisala0:
Here is the thing
If you decide there is God without knowing then there follows a desire to design the God that you have created

In many place this starts with anthropomorphization

i.e
God becomes HE

God becomes KING
God becomes GOOD

just as if one was designing an Iphone

One starts to attribute all kinds of FEATURES to the God they have designed

but why must God be Good

Why can't God be Bad ?

Why can't God be She

Why can't God be a queen

All of these things are simply unknown

And these questions are
UNCOMFORTABLE

anyone who asks questions like this has to be LABELLED and SILENCED
Who told you god isn't bad.
God is good and evil

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 8:01am On Aug 08, 2021
Alao046:

Who told you god isn't bad.
God is good and evil
Did I say that?
I said I do not even know there is a god

And you are saying
There is a god and that god is good and evil

Who told you this ?
How do you know
Re: Is There Really A God by ShadowWalker00(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2021
Why must Jesus or Allah be God.

Why is that all Yoruba gods none is Jesus or Allah.

"Children of Isreal, are children of God" I am a Yoruba does that mean I am not child of god.

According to the bible or quran, if you die without accepting Jesus or Allah you go to hell.

My ancestors before the whites didn't worship Jesus or Allah, that means they are all in hell.

Arabs, and Europeans enslaved Africa for years, where was Jesus or Allah to caution them.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really A God by Alao046(m): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2021
aribisala0:
Did I say that?
I said I do not even know there is a god

And you are saying
There is a god and that god is good and evil

Who told you this ?
How do you know

I didn't say there is a god, infact i know there is no God. But the god as described the religions is what i was referring to as good and bad.
But the religious ones will only tell u that god is always good and not bad
Re: Is There Really A God by Monogamy: 8:06am On Aug 08, 2021
aribisala0:
No I don't know . I created this thread to ask questions if you cannot contribute or do not like the question why not ignore the thread

You have come here and declared

There are Supernatural beings

Once again

How do you know this?

You probably want to argue for argument sake.

Even after giving examples, references to my source?

Peace!
Re: Is There Really A God by ShadowWalker00(m): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2021
What is the color of Adam and Eve skin the first humans according to Bible or Quran, is it white or black undecided.

Jesus was a white man, no single prophet of Jesus was a black man, blacks were slaves.

Why didn't Jesus end black slavery, since Jesus was a god for both whites and blacks.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really A God by ShadowWalker00(m): 8:11am On Aug 08, 2021
Monogamy:

Peace!
Sunday Igboho shocked.
Re: Is There Really A God by Alao046(m): 8:15am On Aug 08, 2021
ShadowWalker00:
What is the color of Adam and Eve skin the first humans according to Bible or Quran, is it white or black undecided.

Jesus was a white man, no single prophet of Jesus was a black man, blacks were slaves.

Why didn't Jesus end black slavery, since Jesus was a god for both whites and blacks.
You are taking a dead god serious?
A god that couldn't save itself from been slaughtered like a chicken on a cross.

Last last christainity looks more foolish than islam and Judaism

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 8:16am On Aug 08, 2021
Monogamy:

Peace!
Who is arguing with you? We are done my friend
Feel free to unfollow the thread
Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 8:20am On Aug 08, 2021
Alao046:

I didn't say there is a god, infact i know there is no God. But the god as described the religions is what i was referring to as good and bad.
Hence my question

Anyway I think where you and I differ is you appear to have some answers and knowledge

I am totally ignorant

I simply do not know

What I know I know

How do you know there is no God?
Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2021
Alao046:

I am interested to know how you came to the "knowledge" that there is no god

Asserting that there is no God is perhaps the flip side of asserting there is one
Re: Is There Really A God by Adamgeneral12: 8:27am On Aug 08, 2021
aribisala0:
I do not know.
I cannot say there is
I cannot say there is not
I just simply DO NOT KNOW

What I know I know .
Let us approach the issue with that simple and fundamental honesty

There are many "GOD STORIES" from all over the world

What many people believe is simply based on

WHERE THEY WERE BORN AND WHAT THEY WERE TOLD

Inevitably when they meet another person with a different story there is a clash , conflict and killing

Many of these stories seek to establish a FRANCHISE

Inevitably the question arises for thinkers. Why do these foreign stories have no provision for black Africans for thousands of years or is there another God for Black Africans?

Hmmmm! So many people think as you think for thousands of years they have been asking about the existence of God,some even go out of space to find God but they couldn't see Him,in the sun,in the moon,in the star,in the other planet,under water and so on.

Now let me tell you what a White man told his son when the son ask him similar question to yours.
The old man said 'son if they said there is God let us keep worshiping Him and do the good thing they ask us to,so that when we die,we will be save.
But if we die and there is no God,son,we have nothing to loose because the people we left behind on earth will be remembering us about our good deeds'
Re: Is There Really A God by aribisala0(m): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2021
Adamgeneral12:

Hmmmm! So many people think as you think for thousands of years they have been asking about the existence of God,some even go out of space to find God but they couldn't see Him,in the sun,in the moon,in the star,in the other planet,under water and so on.

Now let me tell you what a White man told his son when the son ask him similar question to yours.
The old man said 'son if they said there is God let us keep worshiping Him and do the good thing they ask us to,so that when we die,we will be save.
But if we die and there is no God,son,we have nothing to loose because the people we left behind on earth will be remembering us about our good deeds'

Nice story for children but we are not children
What is a good deed?
Also different people/doctrines tell you to do different things which no one can possibly do(everything) because they are contradictory
some even ask you to kill those who disagree with you
I do not think that is useful advice.

Also you are making a fundamental assumption that
If there is God its discovery has something to do with "when we die"
I do not get what dying has to do with the existence of God

Why not approach it another way why not say if there is or is not a God we can discover before we die BY OURSELVES without doing what another person says. What if you die and discover there is a God that wants you to do Bad deeds and not good deeds

That people have asked questions for thousand of years does not mean there are no answers
In the last two hundred years we have discovered the motor car, aeroplanes, electricity, Televisionphones , internet and so on. Things we did not know for thousands of years we are discovering in decades We have eliminated many diseases etc
so we just might be getting closer to an answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kumuyi And The Wind Of Change / Do U Prefer To Be Servant Of God / Abomination! Obasanjo In Redemption Camp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.