Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance (6923 Views)

DSS: Fayose Rewards Ekiti Assembly Member For ‘loyalty’-the Tribune / House Of Reps To Increase NYSC Member's Allowance / National Assembly Member With His Feet Up On A Chair During Recess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by prefers555: 9:07am On May 18, 2011
I think it is hi time we take over that national assembly, using the pastor bakare option. it is time we take our destiny into our own hands. These guys, i tell u dont have faith in this country working out. They are only interested in gettting what they can get as long as the country exists. Sometimes i wish i could claim citizenship in another country. We are too docile in this country.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by krixik(m): 9:25am On May 18, 2011
Rubbish. When civil servants are begging to be paid a chicken salary of 18k per month, he is busy deceiving himself by slashing nothing from the already bloated allowances of those thieves. I had expected him to place all of them under federal civil service salary scale of 18k per month and let's see how all of them will not go and find a something else doing. Then we will know those who want to work for us and those who are there for business purposes.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by dustydee: 9:55am On May 18, 2011
Slash it first
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by forkadict(m): 9:57am On May 18, 2011
Na which mumu even write the article sef? former allowance = N27 million. Present allowance = N30 million and the goat dey call am slash? Even the N27 million is too much. What do the i.d.iots do?

Where are all those abuja based sugar boys sef? make dem dey help me service the idiots' dem wives wella. Rubbish people.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by polokor60(m): 10:09am On May 18, 2011
and the movie p.d.p government continues undecided
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by BabaO2: 10:12am On May 18, 2011
why confusing the fact we know
Each senator is taking home over 10 million every month, this is apart from their normal monthly salaries.
This is allowance for Christ sake,  shouldn't be more than N500k or 1m at most.
Jonathan will be committing crime, if he approves anything more than 1.5m each

Allowances for what?
flights to and from abuja, is just 20k at most
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by kshow1(m): 10:59am On May 18, 2011
Slashing by 30%, what difference does it make ? Taking home these much aside their monthly salaries.
Why giving them quarterly allowances ?
Is there no local government chairman to develop infrastructure in their respective constituences ?
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by benlay(m): 11:04am On May 18, 2011
I have said this before you don't need a Doctorate degree or even a Masters degree before you could take a political position in Nigeria, we only need people with the fear of God, all members of NASS even all the governors and the president claim to be either  Christians or  muslims, they attach themselves to churches and mosques but they don't have the fear of God.
The 27M they received had not been accounted for and they jerked it up by 14M, hoping that the President will put @ 30M or 33M, shame of a nation!
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by Bensonite: 11:19am On May 18, 2011
In a recent publication it was revealed that the average law maker takes no more than $2000(N300,000) in GHANA and this is inclusive salary, allowances, etc etc and yet they do the real business of making laws that will better the common man. Contrary in Nigeria, personal assistant to LGA Chairman will frown at that amount when he knows how much his masters take home. The question is who fixes salary and allowances in Nigeria? I guess in advance democracy the elected leaders do not decide what they take home as the responsibility is saddled with a neutral body.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by DonShark(m): 11:23am On May 18, 2011
30 million is even much,if I'm in that position,I'll be paying them 1million as their salary and 750k as their allowances.They are there to serve Nigeria not to milk Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by activistte: 11:24am On May 18, 2011
check this site, www.spinglo.com/i/ttemmy
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by JUO(m): 11:28am On May 18, 2011
the money is still at the high side
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by omo9ja1(m): 11:29am On May 18, 2011
chei I dom die na our national cake them they share like this, I will ran for a national assembly come 2015, I will borrow money and I am sure its business as usual and pay back

I see no good thing coming the way of the masses in Nigeria

God bless Nigeria
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by sley4life(m): 11:33am On May 18, 2011
it shud b slashed more. What a heck. Even Obama earns less
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by fuke(m): 11:49am On May 18, 2011
30 million is ridiculously high. The politicians and civil servants are killing us.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:08pm On May 18, 2011
INSTEAD MAKE UNA go join PDP collect una own share una de hear de lament.as master OOGWAY would say "THERE ARE NO BAD PARTIES, JUST PARTIES"so the "good guys" need to get off their asses , stop complaining and get stuck in.BANZAIIII!
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by brainpulse: 12:24pm On May 18, 2011
The source further disclosed that the President has insisted that the lawmakers should reduce the N4.96 trillion [/color]budget passed by both Chambers to the [color=#006600]N4.22 trillion he originally proposed to the NASS for consideration. “In order to control the inflow of funds into the NASS, the government has refused to release capital budget to the legislature and has continued to release overhead on monthly basis as against the practice of quarterly releases,” he pointed out.

what is the difference in the amount.
- kerosene is around N160 for a commom man that do not earn N10,000 per month
-No light
-No water

Who is GEJ and this Law breakers and touts fooling
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by brainpulse: 12:29pm On May 18, 2011
We all knew the only reason GEJ agreed to increase the mininum wage to N18000/per month was because of his ambition, and yet this cronies found it difficult to sign to law and easy to increase theirs to billions. Ah this is a wicked heart
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by ziccoit: 1:17pm On May 18, 2011
If you love Nigeria and you want to die young, just preoccupy your mind with Nigeria and her leadership palavers very soon you will develop a serious hearth ailment.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:18pm On May 18, 2011
SEE MONEY
MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS
I NEVER SEE MONEY TO EAT FOOD,NO GOOD ROAD,LIGHT,POOR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM cry
TO PAY MINIMUM WAGE NA WAHALA,
GOD , HELP US
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by walab: 1:31pm On May 18, 2011
What is the contribution of opposition parties to this development?I expect them to condemn this.Does it mean they are all the same?Or does it mean because there is increase in their members in the NASS?Therefore they think it is right
to keep mute.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by gel10: 1:39pm On May 18, 2011
This is the reason for their DO or DIE action during election. The funniest thing is that some of them cannot even propose a bill talkless of sponsonring it. GEJ this try to slash it the more, i see no reason for such jumbo allowances.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by intelligen(m): 1:48pm On May 18, 2011
Though i doubt the authenticity of ds story,d amount is tòo much n yet they go ahead to steal frm d sweat of the masses.great nation
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by DrPhemmie(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2011
GEJ haters, Rome wasn't built i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a day and moreover ι̥τ̲̅ takes a lot of things τσ implement or chage certain rules, we should learn τσ appreciate and support our leaders, when Ʋ get there, Ʋ'll knȍ it it was as easy as Ʋ tot wen Ʋ were just A̶̲̥̅ spectator. Gradually gradually, things w̶̲̥̅ι̥ℓℓ normalize. One step @ a time grin
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by seunlayi(m): 2:18pm On May 18, 2011
AT LAST, I HOPE THIS WORKS, grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by namdo(m): 2:18pm On May 18, 2011
what do they really do in these positions to warrant these armed-robber salaries and allowances? Na wa for naija gov't. Where is Sanusi? take them to court straight this time, we go follow you grin, only say Sanusi don dey join them, he wan build hotel. who go go for us? cool
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 18, 2011
Baba_O:

why confusing the fact we know
Each senator is taking home over 10 million every month, this is apart from their normal monthly salaries.
This is allowance for Christ sake,  shouldn't be more than N500k or 1m at most.
Jonathan will be committing crime, if he approves anything more than 1.5m each

Allowances for what?
flights to and from abuja, is just 20k at most

even thats too much, 250'k at most i'd rather pay doctors and teachers the 1m
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by juliebest(f): 3:37pm On May 18, 2011
GEJ haters, Rome wasn't built  i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a day and moreover ι̥τ̲̅ takes a lot of things τσ implement or chage certain rules, we should learn τσ appreciate and support our leaders, when Ʋ get there, Ʋ'll knȍ it it was as easy as Ʋ tot wen Ʋ were just A̶̲̥̅ spectator. Gradually gradually, things w̶̲̥̅ι̥ℓℓ normalize. One step @ a time Grin

Don't mind the GEJ haters. This is astep in the right direction and should be commended.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 18, 2011
Nigerians sef!!

We accept rigged elections which has denied us the best candidate without protest , then we continue to complain about our leader.

We must not complain, if we do not have the back bone to hold the government to account
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by matty1024: 3:59pm On May 18, 2011
Nonsense! Nigerian workers are crying for just 18,000 naira per month,
while NASS earns over 30,000,000 naira. Na waoh! How can one equate
this in terms of the gap between the rich and poor?
You can see that there is no middle class in our society, you are either poor or rich by stealing.
You can see why it is do or die thing to get appointed and not elected into NASS or any position.
You can see why legislators fail to legislate any meaningful law that will benefit the nigerian society
You can see why people like David Mark and co wants to remember in NASS by all possible means.
The most annonying aspect of this is that some of us in NL still back these crookes.
Too bad!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians In Total Shock As Buhari’s Secret Letters To Judges Leak / NNPCL To Inaugurate AKK Gas Pipeline December / External Reserves Hit $47bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.