Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Believe There Is A Solution - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believe There Is A Solution (120 Views)

I Did Not Believe There Is Ghost Till My Brother Son Die At There School / Why Do Atheist Believe There Is No God? / What Can You Tell An Atheist To Believe There Is God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Believe There Is A Solution by SonofIssachar: 12:57am On Aug 10, 2021
A father left 17 camels as an asset for his three sons. When the father passed away, his sons opened up the will.

The will of the father stated that the eldest son should get half of 17 camels, the middle son should be given 1/3rd of 17 camels, the youngest son should be given 1/9th of the 17 camels, as it is not possible to divide 17 into half or 17 by 3 or 17 by 9, the sons started to fight with each other.

So, they decided to go to a wise man. The wise man listened patiently about the Will. The wise man, after giving this thought, brought one camel of his own and added the same to the 17 they already had. That increased the total to 18 camels.

Now, he started reading the deceased father’s will.

Half of 18 = 9

So he gave 9 camels to the eldest son.

A third of 18 = 6

So he gave 6 camels to the middle son.

A ninth of 18 = 2

So he gave 2 camels to the youngest son.

Now add this up:

9 + 6 + 2 = 17

This leaves one camel, which the wise man took back.

Moral: The attitude of negotiation and problem solving is to find the 18th camel i.e. the common ground. Once a person is able to find the common ground, the issue is resolved. It is difficult at times.

However, to reach a solution, the first step is to believe that there is a solution. If we think that there is no solution, we won’t be able to reach any. Times may be hard but when there is a will there will always be a way.

It is time to think outside the box.

Meditation: If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct. – Eccl 10:10

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!!!

Also read:

Life Train
My Friend Barry
My 10 Resolutions for the New Year

(1) (Reply)

The Greatness Of Lowliness - Emoji Devotions / Prayers Against Storm That Challenges The Glory Of God In Your Life. Click Link. / Mountain Top Life (MFM) Daily Devotional 18th August 2021 – The Test Of Faith (3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.