Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp (71427 Views)

Three Suspends Sponsorship Of Chelsea With Logo To Be Removed From Shirts / Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! / Barca Legend Iniesta Signs Contract For Life At Nou Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Handsum64: 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2021
End of an era

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Yoighaman(m): 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
It is right to remove his pictures to avoid legal issues, but I just have this feeling that Barca is not happy with Messi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by fredoooooo: 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2021
Blacknote:
That's expected to avoid right infringement
Wa gbayi
Majority of them na thier emotions dey always control their common sense.. everything to them is gossip .

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Reference(m): 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2021
Lique 1 is not visible in this part of the world so I guess he will only be seen in the dozen or so CL matches this season....
What a fall.
Should have done better in his choice of clubs.
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by lkillbrokehoes: 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2021
Eddie4God:
This is no biggie.
Barca has to remove his images because he is no longer their player & they no longer have an interest/ownership of his image right. Otherwise it would amount to an infringement on his image right which they could be sued for by either Messi or PSG.
PSG now has that interest/right.
True

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Reelz: 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2021
they are tired of the midget.
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by addexx: 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2021
Great100000:
Since Messi left Barca now, i no get appetite to eat again, i no dey eat for the past 4 days now, na only Rice, Beans, Bread and Indomie i dey eat cry cry

U no dey eat

Rice beans bread and indomie na wetin?

Air
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by ObaKlaz: 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2021
Mykel51:

I'm the numbskull here, sir....
Obviously, you are.
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by mudiana(m): 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2021
Eddie4God:
This is no biggie.
Barca has to remove his images because he is no longer their player & they no longer have an interest/ownership of his image right. Otherwise it would amount to an infringement on his image right which they could be sued for by either Messi or PSG.
PSG now has that interest/right.
wetin person no know e no know. I b wan begin dey yan rubbish but this done clarify everything. thanks man.
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by FahBuLous: 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2021
Instead of building a statue for the god of soccer... Foolish Barcelona
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by aylive02(m): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2021
Joysticks:
He put Barcelona into a financial mess because of his outrageously high wages.
and what did he say about pay-cut?
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by henryobinna(m): 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
aylive02:
Lionel Messi's Images are currently being removed from the stadium. Being a Barcelona fan, I find this annoying despite all Messi gave go Barcelona. Although, this may be due to legal reasons but all the same, he should not have been treated this way.
All of you Messi fans should grow up joor. It's just business nothing personal. Have you forgotten all Barca did for messi?

Moreover, would Messi play for Barca for free? If no, why then do you want them to leave his images thee after he's no longer a player with them? If they have anything like hall of fame then you'd have him there but in open display like that, it'd show they don't appreciate their current players.

Get over or go complain to PSG if they don't have his images all over the place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Kharol1234: 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
fortune1894:
Barca will start losing fans in Nigeria now cos 80% of their fans r there cos of Messi
You think we be like Ronaldo fans from man United to Madrid now juventus
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Lamasta(m): 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
ObaKlaz:
His image rights and star power belongs to PSG now.

I'd so like to see PSG and Juve meet at some point in the CL.

It would be fun to see 'someone' diving all over the place to win his favourite drink - penaltea, or trying to spread his matress in the box to await his usual tap-ins but only to get bullied out by Thugmos Ramos. grin grin

The legend continues in Paris. They ain't ready for you, Leo!
Messi right now...

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Blacknote: 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
fredoooooo:

Wa gbayi
Majority of them na thier emotions dey always control their common sense.. everything to them is gossip .
Majority of the current crop of Barcelona supporters are Messi's fandom, it's expected of them for their emotions to overrun their in sense of reasoning.
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Explorers(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
Greatzeus:
Nothing last forever.

Na so.
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Okhuadams(m): 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
Forgotten so soon irony of life
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Kenneth10110(m): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
Great100000:
Since Messi left Barca now, i no get appetite to eat again, i no dey eat for the past 4 days now, na only Rice, Beans, Bread and Indomie i dey eat cry cry

you even they eat rice, beans and indomie you for no eat all make we know say the thing pain you well
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by blacknoir: 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
fortune1894:
Barca will start losing fans in Nigeria now cos 80% of their fans r there cos of Messi
U are right ,I am one of them lol
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Goldbw122(m): 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2021
That is why what goes up must come down
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Charmingpet: 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2021
Great100000:
if u con eat nko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2021
So fast
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by blaise26abj(m): 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2021
Na wa oh . Messi fans are just sentimental lots . In fact Barca can use his image paper to clean yansh after removing it .
Football is business and if he wants to ply his trade in the farmer’s league , then his image with Barca can go to hell.

All these small boys that will follow players into shit don’t understand that Clubs will stay, players will fade . It is just a matter of time .

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by okoroemeka(m): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2021
Great100000:
what do you want to eat again,?
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by jahsharon: 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2021
Great100000:

Try pounded yam and Egusi soup with goat meat, maybe the thing fit pass through your throat. Sorry for the loss
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2021
aylive02:
Lionel Messi's Images are currently being removed from the stadium. Being a Barcelona fan, I find this annoying despite all Messi gave go Barcelona. Although, this may be due to legal reasons but all the same, he should not have been treated this way.

I'm sure it's for legal reasons.

The dude is a trademark all on his own and his identity costs a lot of money.

No one is doing anything out of spite. Camp Nou isn't his home base anymore.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by IamPlato(m): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2021
Jack14:
That laporta na werey..he just use Messi win election
Meanwhile psg this season cool
I used to think supa strikas was a Nigerian comic book
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by rollywise(m): 9:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
Who Barca epp. Means nothing to mercy. He has meuvvedd since
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2021
Wetin Messi don take Barcelona eye see, dia mouth no fit talk. This is what i call life goes on
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by topmaike: 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2021
donbenie:
Before you compare,check to see whether the portrait of a former player is there or that is their policy..
When it comes to Furcking up with their outgoing players,Madrid is in a World of their own..
just as how barca fvck messi up... All the legends you guys claimed we fvcked up are still madridistas e.g Arbeloa, Casillas, CR7, Raul
Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by Humanoid01(m): 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2021
pleasureosondu:
The very moment I confirmed that his transfer to PSG was done and dusted, I really can't explain how I felt. But that was when I knew I loved Barça bcoz of Messi. Well kayode Chukwudi Messi, I'm already in Paris to watch you play some good football.
I felt the same way when Hazard left Chelsea. I thought Chelsea was going to crumble when he left, coupled with having a transfer ban and a rookie coach to manage the team.

My support was weakened after that season, it was even worse when Man United thrashed Chelsea 4-0 in the opening game of the new season, but somehow I knew we were going to get back up, but I didn't think it would happen so soon.

See us now see Champions league trophy lol. I know you'll still keep supporting Barcelona even if they face PSG lol. So all these ones wey una dey do ba initial gragra. Y'all are just “grieving” .

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp by lascos912(m): 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
That y i like english clubs and their fans they don't do this shit to their legends

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Korea: FIFA Women's World Cup (2 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Iran: Fifa U17 WC (4 - 1) On 29th October 2013 / Victor Anichebe Encounters A Python While Jogging In His Hometown, Anambra (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.