Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4805671 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (6317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 12:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
sweetguy10:

Rarity . Messi gets more passes from Alves
Yes; they combine well. It is not so rare as Alves had 2 (two) assists in the mid-week game against Malaga. Messi only scored once.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 12:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
sweetguy10:

Rarity . Messi gets more passes from Alves

Meaning?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
honeric01:

Meaning?

Meaning :

1. They combine well (Even in training they are always paired together for their tiki taka passes )

2. Alves is always looking to pass to messi most times even when he had One on One chances

3. Messi benefits more from Alves passes compared to Pedro ,etc check the stats

Abeg i nor fit continue , it's something every cule know .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
sweetguy10:

Meaning :

1. They combine well (Even in training they are always paired together for their tiki taka passes )

2. Alves is always looking to pass to messi most times even when he had One on One chances

3. Messi benefits more from Alves passes compared to Pedro ,etc check the stats

Abeg i nor fit continue , it's something every cule know .

Yeah, its an open secret... I recall the ucl game messi copped 5; alves had a 1v1 with the German goalie right at the edge of the 6-yard box but delayed till messi, who was running from deep, got in the box before laying it in his path.

I remember vividly 'cos I almost screamed myself hoarse that night... I thought alves had lost his mind.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
RuuDie:

Yeah, its an open secret... I recall the ucl game messi copped 5; alves had a 1v1 with the German goalie right at the edge of the 6-yard box but delayed till messi, who was running from deep, got in the box before laying it in his path.

I remember vividly 'cos I almost screamed myself hoarse that night... I thought alves had lost his mind.

Bro I remembered that game and lots more . Alves loves it when messi scores no doubt that's why Messi is more lethal when combined with Alves roaming the flank especially in a less counter-attack likely game compared to when Montoya or Adriano is used. A good thing though , as long as he's banging in goals . Na werin matter be dat , Shikena
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
I don't know why you guys are even debating it.
Messi is a far better finisher than any of the other guys in the forward line of FC Barcelona. Line any of them up with the same chances Messi gets, and they would probably not take as many has he does. My two cents.

The boy has improved so remarkably since he started for the first team, it is simply amazing. He's played with Eto'o, Henry, Ibra, even Villa, and soaked up all their attributes, despite not having anything near the physical capabilities of any of them. He's a lethal poacher, playmaker, box-to-box runner, even (of late) tough tackler, all rolled into one.

Forget it guys, even the other strikers in FCB would prefer that the ball went to Messi than them in a scoring position wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
sweetguy10: Lol , seems like Alves is trained to pass to Leo though ..

I think Alves is obsessed with Messi with his passing thing... I am certain if Messi decides to run or position himself where the fans are, Alves would yet look for a way to pass to him... Lol. Well, that is actually bourne outta the kinda relationship they maintain off the pitch and it's really to the good of the team...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
AjanleKoko: I don't know why you guys are even debating it.
Messi is a far better finisher than any of the other guys in the forward line of FC Barcelona. Line any of them up with the same chances Messi gets, and they would probably not take as many has he does. My two cents.

The boy has improved so remarkably since he started for the first team, it is simply amazing. He's played with Eto'o, Henry, Ibra, even Villa, and soaked up all their attributes, despite not having anything near the physical capabilities of any of them. He's a lethal poacher, playmaker, box-to-box runner, even (of late) tough tackler, all rolled into one.

Forget it guys, even the other strikers in FCB would prefer that the ball went to Messi than them in a scoring position wink

You are right about that and it was shown by Alexis in our match against Osasuna cause there were clear balls he should have taken himself buh he chose to look for Messi which spoilt everything. Infact, it happened like 2 times at least. But in any case, whoever that scores, all I want is winning. Although I always want Messi to be among the scorers and the major one for that matter...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
It is el classico!
Any thing less than winning is a disappointment. We can possibly ask for a weaker Madrid
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
Our boys should show no Mercy (messi) tonight . Going to be a mouth watering game tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
I think our boys will have a great game tonight. No better time to play the capital club than now. Forza Barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GreatMan5: 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
Lol

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 30, 2013
We let them off the hook with a lot of spurned chances.
Good match non the less!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:44pm On Jan 30, 2013
I had mixed feelings watching the game.
That was not a full-strength Madrid, and we could not put them to the sword angry
Oh, well. A very good display by both sides. Whatever happens to Mourinho at the end of the season, he has made the team very competitive. Even with 35% possession they defended well and tried on the fast breaks. I think they were very solid, and deserved at least a point in that game.

We get to do it all over again week of February 27th. wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sholatech(m): 12:06am On Jan 31, 2013
Excellent game no doubt. I do not think RM missed any of their regulars, won't have been better than those that played today. And both sides missed excellent chances. The waiting game continues
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 12:17am On Jan 31, 2013
Good game I must say. We blew our chances at goal and so did they. Highpoint of the match:

1. Pinto is not Valdes. There's a reason he's remained no. 2 for a very long time.
2. The officiating was poor. Numerous foul calls were waved aside.
3. Pique-Puyol remains our best defensive pairing.
4. Cesc should never start against a fast playing side. He's sloppy in games of that magnitude.
5. Messi was easily mobbed, and for a large chunk of the game was unable to make meaningful impact, save for his goal assist.
6. We need MVP back. When he was crowded in the middle, Messi should have switched to any side of the flank and Villa stay up front.
7. The game is very open.
8. Varane is golden. MOM IMO
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 6:44am On Jan 31, 2013
Mcleo007: Good game I must say. We blew our chances at goal and so did they. Highpoint of the match:

1. Pinto is not Valdes. There's a reason he's remained no. 2 for a very long time.
2. The officiating was poor. Numerous foul calls were waved aside.
3. Pique-Puyol remains our best defensive pairing.
4. Cesc should never start against a fast playing side. He's sloppy in games of that magnitude.
5. Messi was easily mobbed, and for a large chunk of the game was unable to make meaningful impact, save for his goal assist.
6. We need MVP back. When he was crowded in the middle, Messi should have switched to any side of the flank and Villa stay up front.
7. The game is very open.
8. Varane is golden. MOM IMO

Bro that boy try no be small . Him carry Pepe and Ramos works On top hin head . Many a chance was wasted yesterday but we should see them off at the home of spirits -Camp Nou .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kokonets(m): 10:27am On Feb 01, 2013
Match was tough as usual but we should make it thru
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2013
Cuenca has joined Ajax on loan for the remainder of the season.

Muniesa has joined Barca B for the rest of the season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nice move for the lad. Hope he gets play time (quality) and come bk better. With Marc Overmars the sporting director at Ajax, I believe he'll get some time.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 10:32am On Feb 02, 2013
Barca fans are so classy; nobody made reference to the poor officiating. Real Madrid had 17 fouls to Barca's 4 fouls yet they both had the same number of yellow cards? In which world does that make sense?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:05am On Feb 02, 2013
logica: Barca fans are so classy; nobody made reference to the poor officiating. Real Madrid had 17 fouls to Barca's 4 fouls yet they both had the same number of yellow cards? In which world does that make sense?

It happens in Africa Bro. The game btw Nigeria and Burkina faso saw the latter commit 20 fouls while the former bagged 27. Guess what, the 27 resulted in 5 yellow and one red, while the 20 left unscathed.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 11:10am On Feb 02, 2013
Mcleo007:

It happens in Africa Bro. The game btw Nigeria and Burkina faso saw the latter commit 20 fouls while the former bagged 27. Guess what, the 27 resulted in 5 yellow and one red, while the 20 left unscathed.
LOL. We all know African Football is like Wonderland...where a team needs a 9-0 scoreline to win the league and they get it. Abeg leave African Football out of this thread. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:08am On Feb 03, 2013
mourinho once again blames his granada loss on barcelona, saying barcelona is getting an extra day's rest after wednesday's classico. what a human being!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 10:39am On Feb 03, 2013
ddippset: mourinho once again blames his granada loss on barcelona, saying barcelona is getting an extra day's rest after wednesday's classico. what a human being!
LMAO...na person be dat? Though I knew they always performed below par immediately after playing Barca. Barca always gives them a full body workout. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Hotdiamond(m): 11:35am On Feb 03, 2013
ddippset: mourinho once again blames his granada loss on barcelona, saying barcelona is getting an extra day's rest after wednesday's classico. what a human being!
silly excuses from the blancos coach. 'M highly disappointed. Mourinho=Excusino
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
A surprisingly tough game. We are lucky to escape with a draw. Valencia were out for the jugular embarassed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
Exciting game that was in Mestalla! They always like to make life difficult for us. But for Madrid, it 's always easy for them.
I know we are gonna drop points there following the energy sapping match at the Bernabeau the other day.

Valdes was the match of the match. He was busy through out the match making a lot heart dropping saves . Sadly, his critics will not see this match. They 'll looking out for a slightest mistake to take him to the cleaners. Such is what he's got to endure.

Giving that Madrid failed again in Andalusia - they lost all matches they played in that region ( seville, Malaga, Betis & Granada), this is a good result.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
A very tepid performance. We only had 2 shots on target- one from the penalty spot. Valencia played very well. Their defending was more or less a lecture on how to defend and they created quite a number of chances and should have won but for the profligacy of Soldado and a gobsmacking double save by Valdes.

Seriously, I think we need to return to our MVP attack. Iniesta on the flanks just doesn't work against any decent side that know how to defend. Most teams always setup a deep block against us...We need someone who can stretch the play and give us width. With Iniesta on the flanks, we become too narrow and easy to defend against.

We had 6 shots in 71 minutes before Cesc was substituted. We had 4 shots in 19 minutes after Cesc was substituted. With Cesc off and Iniesta playing in midfield he was able to influence the game more - linking up brilliantly with Xavi and driving the team forward - and we were much better
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:14am On Feb 04, 2013
Please when is Tito coming back from NY ? I think the team may be missing him, IMO.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:55am On Feb 04, 2013

He didn't exactly say that. He said yes, some players were tired after the Clasico, but some players who didn't play in the Clasico played badly as well. I guess he was referring to Di Maria and Ramos.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
AjanleKoko:

He didn't exactly say that. He said yes, some players were tired after the Clasico, but some players who didn't play in the Clasico played badly as well. I guess he was referring to Di Maria and Ramos.
he actually did o! i got it from goal.com, except goal.com reported it wrongly. mourinho said and i quote 'it's been clear for a long time that teams do not have control of their calendar. it was a huge and physically exhausting game on wednesday, yet one team plays today while the other plays tomorrow. it has always been the case.'

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (6317) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.