Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,762 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4660617 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (6227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 06, 2013
Everyone knows that were it not for the Nani red card, Real Madrid would not get anything outta the match. They were so inferior to them i was like, is it this people that beat us back to back? Then i realised how low and down we have reached recently. We need to get up fast. Atacamus!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
Thank God Madrid won even though i don't fancy Ronaldo nor Mourinho/Pepe, i am still happy for Spain sha.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
honeric01: Thank God Madrid won even though i don't fancy Ronaldo nor Mourinho/Pepe, i am still happy for Spain sha.

Spain ko, pain ni angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 12:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Dont just rule us out just yet,i have watch this Barca side well enough to know what exactly we are capable of doing.the players are just a bit tied and i am positive we can pick up ourselves against AC-millan.we might not go through to the quarter final but we should atleast display once again that we are Barca.Barca fans should not be angry over what the haters are saying,we have set such a high standard for ourselves in recent years that most people tends to over exaggerate our misfortune and forget the fact that we were piss poor after 05/06 before Pep took over.We are still the best.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
honeric01: Thank God Madrid won even though i don't fancy Ronaldo nor Mourinho/Pepe, i am still happy for Spain sha.
I dont.want them to ever win cause if they eventually win this year's UCL, the world best player award would definitely go to him, and thats something I dont even want. Ever! At least not until Messi gets his 5th and 6th if possible...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Spain ko, pain ni angry
I dont have a business with just any spanish team. I only have a business with FCB!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
mufikings:

Thank you and well said, they have all shot their mouth in the wake of the referee's favour to RM , if it were Barca they would have opened their mouths like " Moon Dogs".A true fan sticks to his/her club no matter what; if it has to be said, Barca held the whole of Europe under seige for almost 4 years , and the only club to compel teams to adopt an "idiotic" formation call park the bus, great work!! great club, for Madrid enjoy your spoils while it lasts.

Barca's controversies have been more embarassing than what happened last night. I particularly found Van Persie's red card in 2011 the most ridiculous since I started following football.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
ogazi007: Dont just rule us out just yet,i have watch this Barca side well enough to know what exactly we are capable of doing.the players are just a bit tied and i am positive we can pick up ourselves against AC-millan.we might not go through to the quarter final but we should atleast display once again that we are Barca.Barca fans should not be angry over what the haters are saying,we have set such a high standard for ourselves in recent years that most people tends to over exaggerate our misfortune and forget the fact that we were piss poor after 05/06 before Pep took over.We are still the best.
Dont mind people... they are just making a mountain outta a mole hill. It seems they've forgotten that we aint super-humans but mere humans like every other people in other clubs... Although, I know its cause of the stakes we have lifted so high that losing a couple of matches now seem like the end of the world to a bunch of peeps...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Spain ko, pain ni angry

I watch football for the entertainment, i don;t have extra space for hating/keeping malice.

dmcdad:
I dont.want them to ever win cause if they eventually win this year's UCL, the world best player award would definitely go to him, and thats something I dont even want. Ever! At least not until Messi gets his 5th and 6th if possible...

It's your opinion so no love lost.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
honeric01:

I watch football for the entertainment, i don;t have extra space for hating/keeping malice.

Lucky you. I'm a socio, so I have to pay for the privilege. Can't just decide that I like Madrid tomorrow grin

In other news, the RFEF have 'knacked' Victor Valdes a 4-match akpako. He will only play in the UCL game against Milan.
In theory that's four clean sheets grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Lucky you. I'm a socio, so I have to pay for the privilege. Can't just decide that I like Madrid tomorrow grin

In other news, the RFEF have 'knacked' Victor Valdes a 4-match akpako. He will only play in the UCL game against Milan.
In theory that's four clean sheets grin

Not that i like Madrid, but i'd still take any Spanish team before any English team. when there's an El classico, that likeness dies off until after the game grin

Well, good for him, he hasn't really been enjoying that post of recent, i think his heart is away from camp nou, once the season ends, he should find his way, we like him but we won't really miss him that much because he's easily replaceable.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Barca's controversies have been more embarassing than what happened last night. I particularly found Van Persie's red card in 2011 the most ridiculous since I started following football.
van persie kicked the ball away and got only a second yellow which the ref deemed to be time wasting. and how this is so embarassing to you, it beats my imagination! and then you said 'barca's controversies' pls name 2 or 3 for us!!! for each one you name, i give you one which was called against us.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
dmcdad:
lol. maybe i feel the same way too.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 8:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

ÁJ, RVP was deservedly shown the card and rightly so. Recall it was his second of the game and he was booked for same offence at the world cup in SA. So, that leaves me up with the decision to award him a second yellow. Y RvP's case made the headlines was as a result of the crucial nature of the game and the fact he was the only hitman the gunners relied on to do the damage in the 2nd half. If it was his 1st yellow as was the case at the world cup finals, nobody would have said anything abt it. Rules are rules.
On Nani. The red was undeserving. He was oblivious of Arbeloa running to the ball as his attention was focused on simply controlling the ball. But from the ref's pov, its hard to blame him for making the call. But one thing is clear, the decision decided the game and it went in favour of Moudrid. They are sure favourites to win it this year.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 11:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
ddippset: van persie kicked the ball away and got only a second yellow which the ref deemed to be time wasting. and how this is so embarassing to you, it beats my imagination! and then you said 'barca's controversies' pls name 2 or 3 for us!!! for each one you name, i give you one which was called against us.
Barca vs Milan (last season)
Chelsea vs Barca (Ovrebo incident)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Johnpaul88: Barca is more than a club. They do what other club cannot do. They held on with the manager they appointed even when he left his duties for close to 3 months. They identified with him at his worst point of his life. They 'll rather lose all trophy for this season than lose the core values and traditions for which the club is known. They value this traditions more than any thing. If this is what you call arrogance, then i don't know if you have values you ever adhere to at all cost . I think the Barca boards ' handling of Tito's health issue have been examplary! Afterall, Tito did not choose cancer. They did similar thing with Abidal who has little chance of playing professional football again, yet they offered him another contract in his sick bed . He 's barely kicked a ball since then.
Barca does not abandon their employee at time of difficulty. By appointing a new coach, they would have done quite the opposite. Things would have perhaps been different, had Roura rejected to step in.

What other club cannot do how?

Bayern saw their ex player Gerd Muller becoming depressed and an alcoholic, Took him rehabilitated him and gave him a job

Bayern saw their major rival Dortmund going into Bankruptcy they gave them a loan without collateral, Can Barca do that to real madrid?

When Sebastian Deisler called it quits with football in 2007, Bayern did not dissolve his contract rather they held it in abeyance till 2009 when it ran out.

Bayern has bailed out local rival 1860 Munich from the brink of insolvency at least twice.

Bayern has organized friendlies to help other rival clubs when they are in financial problems and even with clubs outside Germany
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
dayokanu:

What other club cannot do how?

Bayern saw their ex player Gerd Muller becoming depressed and an alcoholic, Took him rehabilitated him and gave him a job

Bayern saw their major rival Dortmund going into Bankruptcy they gave them a loan without collateral, Can Barca do that to real madrid?

When Sebastian Deisler called it quits with football in 2007, Bayern did not dissolve his contract rather they held it in abeyance till 2009 when it ran out.

Bayern has bailed out local rival 1860 Munich from the brink of insolvency at least twice.

Bayern has organized friendlies to help other rival clubs when they are in financial problems and even with clubs outside Germany
Slow your roll a bit na.take it easy on him, a lil exaggeration is allowed sometimes in order to press home a point. he's only trying to stress the club's magnanimity with respect to tito's health issues.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
A-40:

Barca vs Milan (last season)
Chelsea vs Barca (Ovrebo incident)
BARCA VERSUS MILAN? are you for real? a soft red card you might say but what about carlos puyol's red card against arsenal at the emirates? an equally soft one. dont listen to those who might tell you that uefa have never given barca a red card, cus alot of cats out there will tell you that! trust me dogg. CHELSEA VERSUS BARCELONA - i keep telling people that the biggest decison, the major decision that night was the wrongful sending off of eric abidal in the 65th minute. that was the first wrong call made by ovrebo. playing 10 against 11 for 28 minutes triggered off those millions of penalty appeals. besides chelsea were still qualifying at 1-0. ovrebo never did them, ANDREAS INIESTA did. (abidal should never have been sent off, but the anti barca fans fail to see beyond their noses, they dont even remember that any barca player was sent off by the same ovrebo, neither do you A-40)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 12:32am On Mar 07, 2013
ddippset: BARCA VERSUS MILAN? are you for real? a soft red card you might say but what about carlos puyol's red card against arsenal at the emirates? an equally soft one. dont listen to those who might tell you that uefa have never given barca a red card, cus alot of cats out there will tell you that! trust me dogg.
A dubious red card and soft penalty to boot that was called on Nesta!! Who gives a penalty for two players shoving and jostling for the ball in the box 18? Even a chronic actor like Busquets was taken by suprise

ddippset:
CHELSEA VERSUS BARCELONA - i keep telling people that the biggest decison, the major decision that night was the wrongful sending off of eric abidal in the 65th minute. that was the first wrong call made by ovrebo. playing 10 against 11 for 28 minutes triggered off those millions of penalty appeals. besides chelsea were still qualifying at 1-0. ovrebo never did them, ANDREAS INIESTA did. (abidal should never have been sent off, but the anti barca fans fail to see beyond their noses, they dont even remember that any barca player was sent off by the same ovrebo, neither do you A-40)
Ogbeni gbenu soun! Abidal was the last man and hacked Anelka so he was rightly sent off! Assuming that was even a wrong decision does that justify at least 3 legit penalty calls in the game? They even had another one where Eto'o handled the ball after Iniesta's goal
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:39am On Mar 07, 2013
A-40:

A dubious red card and soft penalty to boot that was called on Nesta!! Who gives a penalty for two players shoving and jostling for the ball in the box 18? Even a chronic actor like Busquets was taken by suprise

Ogbeni gbenu soun! Abidal was the last man and hacked Anelka so he was rightly sent off! Assuming that was even a wrong decision does that justify at least 3 legit penalty calls in the game? They even had another one where Eto'o handled the ball after Iniesta's goal
you just dont get it now, do you? that single event triggered all those 3 or lemme say 1 million penalty appeals. abidal nevre hacked down no anelka. anelka tangled with his own legs and dropped and the referee fell for it just because abidal was running behind him, it was a wrong call, it doesnt matter whether the referee erred or not. you need to be a little less economical with the truth. on the first point, ive seen alot of penalties given for jostles in the box. and pls speak english, quit with these yoruba exclamations.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:51am On Mar 07, 2013
A-40:

it's just logic except for those that want to be sentimental. that singular event of wrongfully sending off abidal triggered all of those penalty appeals. if a referee makes 1 million wrong calls in a game, the most significant wrong call has to be the first wrong call made-this is logic. ovrebo said afterwards that if given a chance he would have changed so many decisions he made in that match, and iam 100 % that sending off abidal would be one.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:19am On Mar 07, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]
ddippset: it's just logic except for those that want to be sentimental. that singular event of wrongfully sending off abidal triggered all of those penalty appeals. if a referee makes 1 million wrong calls in a game, the most significant wrong call has to be the first wrong call made-this is logic. ovrebo said afterwards that if given a chance he would have changed so many decisions he made in that match, and iam 100 % that sending off abidal would be one.
I think i still have the report of carlos garnesse,a renowed analyst who happen to be mourinho's fan on the chelsea-barca game after mou's rant in the game of madrid-barca semi final in 2009.
Henry was completely pulled off by carvalho even when peter cesc was already sent d wrong way at camp nou.the ref waved play on and nobody ever
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 07, 2013
ddippset: Slow your roll a bit na.take it easy on him, a lil exaggeration is allowed sometimes in order to press home a point. he's only trying to stress the club's magnanimity with respect to tito's health issues.
Leave Dayo. He knows that Bayern is the only big club in Germany. So they are like big brother to others. I love Bayern though for these things they did. Let me make a little correction then that only Barca and Bayern can do such kind thing in the world. Let me wait for another valid evidence from another club, then i may yet modify. Lol!

But Dayo, dont you think Bayern did all these things because they could do it and that they were rich. Giving contract to an alcohol addict or someone who have decided to call quit his playing career, is hardly examplary. It is nothing more than flaunting ones wealth. It never affected the club's ambitions in any way. In fact, If they saw the future and knew that Dortmund will come back stronger to haunt their title ambitions the way they did few years ago , dont you think they'll rather they go down? Or can you honestly tell me you never secretly wished they never did help dortmund while these few years of their domination lasted? I'm sure the Club owners did regret it!

And this is where the difference between Barca and Bayern is. It's apparent that Tito's ill health is derailing the Clubs title ambitions this season but they will rather lose those titles than betray their values. This is why i'll stick with ma belief that no club in the world can do what FC Barcelona are currently doing - not even FC Bayern Münchën.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:29am On Mar 07, 2013
sebod: [color=#550000][/color]
I think i still have the report of carlos garnesse,a renowed analyst who happen to be mourinho's fan on the chelsea-barca game after mou's rant in the game of madrid-barca semi final in 2009.
Henry was completely pulled off by carvalho even when peter cesc was already sent d wrong way at camp nou.the ref waved play on and nobody ever
good one there. i remember vividly. henry was pulled off really i think by cavalho or balack. yes. it had to be a pk. but nobody ever spoke out. why? because it's barca, the team they so love to hate.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:30am On Mar 07, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]
ddippset: it's just logic except for those that want to be sentimental. that singular event of wrongfully sending off abidal triggered all of those penalty appeals. if a referee makes 1 million wrong calls in a game, the most significant wrong call has to be the first wrong call made-this is logic. ovrebo said afterwards that if given a chance he would have changed so many decisions he made in that match, and iam 100 % that sending off abidal would be one.
Henry was completely pulled off by carvalho even when peter cesc was already sent d wrong way at camp nou.the ref waved play on and nobody ever said anything on it.
Abidal was wrongly sent off in the 65th min of play at the bridge-i still have the video clip.
Among all the penalty appeals from chelsea it was only that of pique that the ref got wrong and u will agree with me that its not all hand balls the refs see(millan goal against barca this season)
The sending off of abidal made the ref overlook pique's handball and barca played for almost 30 mins with a man down.
The refs are human and are bound to make errors which every team benefits from at one point or the other.madrid were awarded penalty last season even when it was clear that foul happened outside the box and madrid won the league. But it would have been hell had it been barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:32am On Mar 07, 2013
sebod: [color=#550000][/color]
Henry was completely pulled off by carvalho even when peter cesc was already sent d wrong way at camp nou.the ref waved play on and nobody ever said anything on it.
Abidal was wrongly sent off in the 65th min of play at the bridge-i still have the video clip.
Among all the penalty appeals from chelsea it was only that of pique that the ref got wrong and u will agree with me that its not all hand balls the refs see(millan goal against barca this season)
The sending off of abidal made the ref overlook pique's handball and barca played for almost 30 mins with a man down.
The refs are human and are bound to make errors which every team benefits from at one point or the other.madrid were awarded penalty last season even when it was clear that foul happened outside the box and madrid won the league. But it would have been hell had it been barca.
good one there. i remember vividly. henry was pulled off really i think by cavalho or balack. yes. it had to be a pk. but nobody ever spoke out. why? because it's barca, the team they so love to hate.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 07, 2013
Yeah. Ours is a club people love to hate. If it is against Barca that that penalty in the league game on saturday was waved away, Mou and his journalist cohorts would have been shouting blue murder and inventing all manner of conspiracy theory. But now, everything's fine. Mourinho is winning and Barca have collapsed. That's what everybody wants. I'm happy that UEFA is looking at the Cunyet Çakir's issue with Nani sending off and everybody's talking about it now.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:59am On Mar 07, 2013
@A-40, Youtube is your best friend in times like this. All you have to do is type in keywords like "Abibal red card against Chelsea" or "sending off of Abidal 2009 ucl, chelsea vs barca" etc

Abidal was 2 yards away from Anelka who was put through on goal by Drogba. A yard is 36inches btw so you can see the clear picture. That was the worst call of the night and it came against a team that was thrailing by a goal. The world expected Chelsea to go through, but they were wrong. Don Iniesta did them in. cheesy The only penalty appeal that was legit was the one by Pique. Its just a little fraction of refs that would award such. A lot of them wave play on.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:02am On Mar 07, 2013
A-40:

It was Pique.
A-40:

That was an embarrassing call. I had even forgotten about that. Who gives a penalty for pushing and shoving in the box for a corner?
Still not as silly as Van Persie's red tho.

The only games I can never be sentimental about are the ones against Real Madrid. I see Jose tried to use the Pepe sending-off as a justification for what happened against United. That one was a richly deserved sending off. After that incident, Pepe has become markedly more sober when he plays Barca. No more outright animalistic behaviour. In fact now he dives whenever any Barca players goes near him, he hardly tackles! grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
I accept Milan's penalty last season which we got , was strange. But every Barca fan wanted Barca to go through to the Semis, even you Mr. AJ. So stop critisizing barca as though they told the ref to point to the spot at that instant . I fear it is grandstanding to do such. If such embaresses you, you may want to check another club that will reject such offer from ref. I believe there 's no such club! Who does not want to win ? Was it not that same Netherland ref, Kuipers, that oversaw our loss against celtic?
Damn decency, i wont say no to such if similar thing happens on tuesday against Milan again, provided we qualify!

As for Van Persie red card, he was dismissed due to his failure to read the hand writing on the wall. He got his initial yellow for slapping Dani Alves when a melee erupted in the first half. It should have been a red for him and Alves, but the Swiss ref Massimo Busaccar, decided to grant them grace. A big player like Rvp should have known he is staying on pitch on borrowed time. So when he stupidly shoot away the ball after being called back for offside, the ref did not think twice but send him away.
I dont know where the embaressement comes in here.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:10pm On Mar 07, 2013
^^
No dey yarn like small pickin.
I want my club to win all the time, but who wants to win with dubious calls like that? That's just me sha. If we can't win without the help of a dubious decision like that, then we should not win. Even the players know that. Have you not noticed that Busquets has really toned down his diving this year?

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (6227) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.