Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,415 members, 7,853,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:23 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4660900 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (6227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2013
fellow cules, don't act like you all didnt expect this,we are on a poor run of form,and this is not surprising at all,anyway y'all shuld know that Barcelona losing is news.....every tv,radio station,newspaper headlines will be like; IS THEIR CYCLE ENDING?......thats a great team for team for you,but lets just hope our poor run of form is all down to not having a coach........IMO; iniesta shuld stop playing further forward for attacking potent sake.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2013
RuuDie:

Of course, there is a n element of doubt; I am watching on Tv - abi na me be Pique or you, CR7!!? I admit that Pique did not get the ball but I also insist that he did not take out the man! Take a good look at the movement and positioning of CR7's knees when he was going down.

SkySport analysts - *smh* - na today. The same analysts that were vigorously trying to prove that there was no handball on the build-up to Milan's first goal. By the way, if an agrieved player feels he has a case, won't he complain!?
You admit that Pique didn't get the ball? Ok your case is even better at least you don't think it was a clearance like Ajanlekoko who saw the match live and forgets that he doesn't have the advantage of seeing the replays on the spot else he woulda seen that Pique didn't get the ball

You saw the gif posted by coogar look at it and tell me there was no contact between Ronaldo and Pique!! Ahn ahn do you guys just like to argue for the fun of it?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 6:51pm On Feb 28, 2013
AjanleKoko:

embarassed is all I can say.
But no shaking. It's always a great experience at the Camp Nou. The atmosphere, the fans singing y Porto-es es puto - e (Pidgin Catalan for 'All Portuguese are MotherF&%kers'), as well as screaming Puta Madrid! every time Real scored. Plus, seeing those boys play live is not comparable in any way to watching them on TV. So I still had a good time like I always do wink, even though my team lost.

To the rest of the cules, take heart jare. If you guys sound so sad, it means you were not supporting El Barca in 2006-2008, or 2000-2004. There were way more tears back in those days wink. At a point Barca did not even qualify for Europe. grin

I will save any analysis for sometime in March, after the CL rounds have been done and dusted. Till then, visca El Barca o jare. Na today?

@bolded,
its a real great experience.
so Catalans aka Cules are this vile.

the whole of Barkalunya no try at all for this behaviour. I dey shame sef.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 6:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
RuuDie:

No. I do not think Pique's leg made contact with CR7's and if it did, it would have been the fleetest, faintest of touches...something like a fly tipping over an elephant grin
AjanleKoko:

Th good thing is, I saw the game live. I was sitting one floor above the terrace, right behind the Barca goal.
Pique stretched out, made the clearance into touch, and Ronaldo dived for the pen. Almost zero contact. But it was in the box. Once you use your feet in the box, you are inviting a dive for a pen. But Pique had no choice cos the goalie was already stranded.

RuuDie:

No. I do not think Pique's leg made contact with CR7's and if it did, it would have been the fleetest, faintest of touches...something like a fly tipping over an elephant grin

Walahi Talahi,

I am speechless. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh for the above posts, abi una bi learner ni?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:14pm On Feb 28, 2013
now this is what i think: the referee got the call correctly. it was a penalty. and i put it on my life that the ref was more than happy to award it. (even the assistant ref didnt raise his flag).ronaldo played for it and the referee rightfully gave it. there was contact but it wasn't enough to get ronaldo rolling over. ronaldo however did what he had to do, fall down, get the call and get the goal for his team. that's what a smart footballer should do. however my beef is that for the same exact fall and penalty a barcelona player would be called a diver all night long if the referee gave that p.k. they would scream uefalona and tell tales of how uefa robbed for barcelona, just for the same exact call. secondly just a few minutes after that penalty, pedro got played on the the 18, he took the first touch, only for xabi alonso to come crashing on him in the name of a body check. all alonso had to do was keep his eyes on the football but he chose to keep them on pedro. the first penalty appeal on fabregas wasn't but for goodness sake that was a penalty. pedro fell down of course and alonso whose intention was never to clear out the ball but to check the man was left standing on. the referee looked the other way. maybe roura shouldn't have attacked him in the pre match conference after all.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
^^dip, the foul on pedro by alonso wasnt a penalty, go watch the replay again, pedro moved the ball ahead too fast and he tried to block alonso from following up,which ended up having alonso crash upon him. All I know is , there werent no serious wrong calls. We were as$s-beaten.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:40am On Mar 01, 2013
eyoniggar: ^^dip, the foul on pedro by alonso wasnt a penalty, go watch the replay again, pedro moved the ball ahead too fast and he tried to block alonso from following up,which ended up having alonso crash upon him. All I know is , there werent no serious wrong calls. We were as$s-beaten.
well, i searched so hard to find a clip of that penalty but to no avail. i dunno if this live goal.com commentry would do you any good. you can check it out yourself. i will quote the commentator (martin macdonald)word for word on that challenge. he said " ANOTHER PENALTY SHOUT FOR BARCA!! PEDRO SHOWS IMPRESSIVE TRICKERY TO DANCE HIS WAY INTO THE MADRID BOX BUT IS UNCEREMONIOUSLY SHOVED OVER BY XAVI ALONSO! OHHH THAT COULD HAVE BEEN A SPOT KICK! INCONCLUSIVE!" that's exactly how he put it, check it out yourself but since you have the video, i suggest that you just watch it again. note it was a live commentry so his comment wasnt premeditated. by your comment and saying we were a** beaten i know you're trying to be graceful in defeat but i think you are over doing it. really over doing it. i cant recollect anyone saying anything about a** beaten when we beat madrid 3-1 at the bernebeau. i cant remember anyone saying anything about a** beaten when we all but beat them 3-1 at the nou camp until valdez gifted de maria a goal at the death to make it 3-2. except one is an unrepentant barcelona hater i dont see in what part of the world anyone could use the words a** beaten on a team that had 63% of the ball to just 37% i repeat just 37% and conceeding only through counters and a penalty. 63% possession is crazy by any standard and madrid didnt employ their 27% as a tactic, they actually toiled and toiled for the ball but just couldnt get it and so were forced to adopt a counter attacking style. well i think iam done talking about this game but saying a** beaten; taking it way way too far.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mundo Deportivo has published
an article on its website in which
some of the problems of FC
Barcelona are highlighted with
possible solutions.
1. Problem: Messi is caged
and Ronaldo has too many
one on one chances. When Messi
was far away from the penalty
area, both AC Milan and Real
Madrid placed many players
around the attacking midfielder
position. That is why Messi
always had to deal with three or
four defenders. Ronaldo, on the
other hand, was allowed to play
his preferred game. He had 50
meters of space to run into and
only one defender to beat.
Solution: More movement in
attack and help in defence. If
Messi is being covered by three
defenders, then there are two
players who are unmarked. If
Barça’s players are moving well,
then this should be an
advantage. Regarding Ronaldo,
reviewing old videos will do
some good. In the past, if he
escaped from Alves or Puyol,
then Piqué was there to help.
2. Problem: FC Barecelona
concedes too many goals. Since
January the 10th, the team has
conceded in every game. The last
clean sheet was against Córdoba
in the Copa del Rey (5-0). So
far, the team has conceded in
twelve consecutive matches, a
total of 19 goals. This is a bad
habit that creates doubt.
Solution: Defend with the ball.
One of the trademarks of the
best Barça was to keep
possession to tire the opponent.
3. Problem: Less goals and
chances. Except for the 6-1 win
against Getafe, Barça has only
scored 7 goals in their last 6
games.
Solution: More players into the
penalty area and more shots on
goal. In the treble winning
season (Henry-Messi-Eto’o) and
in 2011 (Villa-Messi-Pedro), there
was danger from three attackers.
Both trios scored over a hundred
goals. Messi needs a partner
inside the box. Villa?
4. Problem: Growing
predictability. There are several
causes for this like lack of faith,
doubt after the defeat in San
Siro, current form, etc. The truth
is that Barça loses itself in
horizontal play.
Solution: Rhythm, movement and
surprise. These are the keys to a
faster passing game, and a
return to the team’s origins.
Trying something new can also
help, for example Villa playing in
front of Messi.
5. Problem: No pressure, too
much distance between the
attack and defence. Barça has
lost faith in recovering the ball.
The consequences of that
are large spaces between the
lines.
Solution: Restore solidarity. It is
essential to renew the
enthusiasm to recover the ball
immediately. This and a great
attack was something that
identified FC Barcelona in the
past. In conclusion, help is vital.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
^^^That article explained it all...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:00pm On Mar 01, 2013
Johnpaul88: Mundo Deportivo has published
possible solutions.
and Ronaldo has too many
then this should be an
best Barça was to keep
games.
inside the box. Villa?
horizontal play.
front of Messi.
The consequences of that
lines.
essential to renew the
makes a whole lot of sense. especially the ronaldo issue. like i said just yesterday, el classicos are played this way: for much of the match, the ball is played in the madrid half, or third maybe. there you'ld have about 16 players in that space making it difficult for a barca goal. then a mistake is made, possession is lost, the ball is shot upfront. most often there is a ronaldo on the counter. he is left face to face and one on one with only a puyol, or a pique, or an alvez. 9 times out of 10 he gets a goal or a penalty. but at the other end messi gets sandwiched by a pepe on the left, a ramos on the right,an abeloa on the back side(trying to do whatever i couldnt say), there is even an alonso kicking on his heels. makes a lot of sense really. barca's pressing football and real madrid's counter systems leaves ronaldo always in a one on one situation and leaves messi in very tight quarters.imagine messi on a one on one with a ramos, or an abeloa, or a pepe. the article is simply on point.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sholatech(m): 8:06pm On Mar 01, 2013
I totally agree with the article above . It is absolutely my take on the issue at stake and spot on!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
Nice article! But indeed we have known these problems for a long time now and yet we have neva learnt from them let alone finding solutions.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 12:07am On Mar 02, 2013
The article quite sums it up in its entirety. Look at the seasons before the last; Ronaldo in his first 4 classicos had but one goal (a penalty). Back then, the Barca system had a zonal marking for him; a system that sees him nullified by Alves and Pique. That system ensured a less distraction from the centre backs and full back tasked with seeing him through the game. Over the last games, the situation changed. Ronaldo is allowed so much space and movement on and off the ball, which has resulted in him scoring consistently against us. Some now even call him the Camp Nou King (well, you only hear such chants from newbie fans and charlattans), but then, the consistent deploying of Messi in a central position against teams with a disciplined defence and game plan will continue to be our undoing for as long as we learn from the past errors. Believe me, if Ronaldo gets as half-marked as Messi gets every other day, he'l earn the respect of most feelers who know what it takes to be a football wonder.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 4:54am On Mar 02, 2013
A-40:

You admit that Pique didn't get the ball? Ok your case is even better at least you don't think it was a clearance like Ajanlekoko who saw the match live and forgets that he doesn't have the advantage of seeing the replays on the spot else he woulda seen that Pique didn't get the ball

You saw the gif posted by coogar look at it and tell me there was no contact between Ronaldo and Pique!! Ahn ahn do you guys just like to argue for the fun of it?

The GIF is inconclusive, it only shows fromone angle. I saw the replay numerous times, from different angles on tv and I am content with that.

Why am I here arguing this anyway; the man that matters has already made the call (the wrong call IMHO) and the game has been won/lost... CR7 played a fast one, aided an abetted by a ref who was only too glad to oblige!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AlabaSlim: 6:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
Hmm finally eating my wordz.
Mourinho has found the formula 4 barca fact
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FBS: 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
*singing* just singing grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 02, 2013
We need an interim coach that can at least boost the confidence of the players. If we continue like this, we may lose La liga. Jordi Roura is not a coach.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nitlad: 6:24pm On Mar 02, 2013
It's official, Barca are in a full blown crisis!!!! grin grin

Mou-Madrid has finally gotten your number. cheesy

With a second string team doing you in this time. grin grin

Let the rantings begin! cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
barcelona lost the game- CHECK!
the referee is an a** hole- CHECK!
barca are 13 points ahead- CHECK!
barca will win la liga- CHECK!
barca will make 103 points history- CHECK!
messi is the classico goals king- CHECK!
-the lip gloss wearing conspiracy theorists are quiet now- CHECK!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nitlad: 6:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
grin grin grin
TechyGuy:

I didn't know they can be agbero too! Now that they are loosing, we are seeing their character.

naijalodge: hahahaha.....funny sub.....CR7 IN,lionel messi OUT....very funny sub...when king come house,house boy go hide.....lol
https://www.nairaland.com/1212194/real-madrid-vs-barcelona-el/9#14569460

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nitlad: 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
grin grin
deal_ordea: El Classico: La Madrid Le Murder Barca.. Ac Milan est Burial."" =D
https://www.nairaland.com/1212194/real-madrid-vs-barcelona-el/9#14569590
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
a little too late brother. you should have made your balls before being 16 points behind. when the dust haze settles, who is the king that lifts the la liga crown? definitely not the king without a crown! definitely not. who is the king with 18 el classico goals? definitely not the king without a crown!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
The players will get 7 days rest to recover some swagger. We're not in crisis. We'll stay calm and deal with the problems we are experiencing. We 'll pull through alright.
We cannot lose faith now. This team has given us alot of things.
Up Barca!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
clear clear penalty. the bloody conspiracy theorists apparently have lost their lip glosses.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biolabee(m): 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
Its sad They lost but they need to reimvent demself
Get new players

Someone has to step up to take d xavi role
Munian to noucamp to replace inibaba
A clinical striker like Suarez or cavani
A defernder and a keeper (Hummels and Coutois) They will suffer a while though
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
And so, our poor run or do i say dip in form continues. Not to panic, together we'll get over it. As much as i hate to admit it, the table has turned in Moudrid's favour. They now know how to play us, and trust me, if we meet by a string of luck with them in the UCL, i don't see us getting the better of them.

For me:
1. Moudrid has found the winning formula against us- leave us with the possession, win back the ball in their own third, send it to fast charging attackers who can come at our defence with the best ease, and it turns out to be a goal or goal opportunity. It has worked! They had more scoring chances than us.

2. A double pivot in holding midfield can help bolster our weak defence. Play Busi and Song in 4-2-3-1 with Villa up front and taking turns with Messi.

3. Playing Moudrid: We ought to have played the same formation as they did. They played a 4-2-2-2 against our 4-3-3. This means technically, they have more men in their own half than we do, thereby making us susceptible to counter attacks as they can easily check us off the ball in their own third and they have pacy forwards who can finish off the damage.

4. We need to spend big next season. A quality CB, GK, CF

5. Thiago is the future!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
our pattern improved slightly today. the forward adventure was curtailed a bit today. i dont know what song is doing on the bench. if mourinho had song he would never bench him. i know what song can do. song held messi singlehandedly sometime ago. song has played in big games for arsenal. if song was spanish he would play in the classico. his height , strength and experience is needed for el classico. btw we didnt deserve to lose. we deserved a 2-2. penlties are part of the game and i will talk about them. the referee has denied us 2 penalties in 2 straight games. today's own was even more glaring than the one awarded to ronaldo in the last match. if it's a penalty then it's a penalty, the ref must give it. yes i talk about penalties!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 7:30am On Mar 03, 2013
All that is lacking in Barsa right now is the motivation, the compelling reason to win, the motivation is low, the morale is low, the midfield is no longer the same again, Xavi is silent and that midfield went dead with his silence, our strength has always been the midfield.

The defense is getting worse and it's hightime we got 2 defenders and one goal-keeper.

As for the strikng role, Sanchez to be sold and a striker "like" Suarez is bought.

As for the coach, we need a coach for just 6 months because all i see for now is a Barsa team on an auto-ride.

Raoura is anything but a coach fit for a team like Barcelona.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:31am On Mar 03, 2013
eyoniggar: ^^dip, the foul on pedro by alonso wasnt a penalty, go watch the replay again, pedro moved the ball ahead too fast and he tried to block alonso from following up,which ended up having alonso crash upon him. All I know is , there werent no serious wrong calls. We were as$s-beaten.
eyo,
you be very good correct guys jare.
no mind dipp and A.J.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:37am On Mar 03, 2013
Johnpaul88: Mundo Deportivo has published
possible solutions.
and Ronaldo has too many
then this should be an
best Barça was to keep
games.
inside the box. Villa?
horizontal play.
front of Messi.
The consequences of that
lines.
essential to renew the

my own advise is that when everybody seems to expect somethinmg from you always.
you can fight back with the element of suprise.

meaning change tactics.

all the solutions above are what barca used to do before so it wont be hard to counter them

but becoming more vertical in play than ever expectedwill catch opponents unawares.

pass the message on to jordi/tito in the u.s
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AlabaSlim: 8:40am On Mar 03, 2013
[/i]
Mcleo007:
4. We need to spend big next season. A quality CB, GK, CF

Have u 4gotten caceres, chrenshkry,etc those defenders didn't get a look in thats why ur club prefer david luis to johnterry/vidic. As 4 CF, get villa in form 1st cos if a star like him isn't a starter then no CF comin will be a starter
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 03, 2013
Barca needs to invest heavily in a quality centre-back this summer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (6227) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.