Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,074 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4579671 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) ... (6183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
OBTSubtle:
cheesy

Guys. Why don't we do something fun..

Let's all answer..

When and why did you start supporting Barça?

Your best moment in Barça history.

Your favorite coach.

Your best Barcelona player.

What number of Jersey you would like to wear if you were a Barça player.

If there's anything else you can add..

Here goes mine. .

It was year 2000, still very little then, I just can back from school, wanted to watch cartoons, and I saw rivaldo dribbling on the TV, that moment, I had a rhema and loved rivaldo.. Fast forward to 2003, after my grandad's burial at the village, my dad was installing a new dish and they decided to try out a few stations, they left it on a station where they were showing Barça history, the football was out of this world, I understood the team was Barça and I picked more interest in it.. Later in 2006, I had just come back from school too and Barça TV had swapped for star movies on our ctl cable something.. So I decided to watch a little, that was the first time I saw what maradona, rivaldo, ronaldinho and some other Barça players were capable of... But it was maradona and ronaldinho, these two people showed me something I never dreamed was possible..I marveled at such brilliance and beauty.. Started following up, and here I am..

Beat moment in Barça history.. That beautiful David villa goal in the Champions League final.. 2011.. I ran outside and feel on concrete.. Still got the scar till this day..

Favorite coach.. Pep, has got to be pep.. Frank is there but pep is class for me..

Favorite player.. The god himself.. Messi..

Jersey number.. 14 suits me...

This isn't an original idea though... If you're interested, you could just drop yours..

For the love of Barcelona.. For the love of the game.

Visca El Barça..
My best player....Dinho was great, Messi is greater, Neymar? Only time would tell. But, my best player remains the man who never did anything wrong on the field of play(my view). And that's the great Xavi. I still miss him till now.
My best moment? There have been lots of great moments as a Barca fan. But, I'll still go with the victory over Chelsea at the Stamford Bridge over any other due to all it meant at that time.
I rushed out of a church program to see the match and with me was a lady who asked to go with me. Our boys had toiled all night to no avail, I had exhausted every prayer point I could muster, I was totally down as the clock was fast ticking, I had forgotten I was there with a pretty lady sitting beside me. To me there was no more hope, I had started rehearsing what excuses I would give to guys the following day in class, I was totally lost. All of a sudden, a Man U fan sitting behind me just lifted me up and was shouting "una don do am" I kept asking what happened as I couldn't even hear when people were shouting 'goal goal' as there were more Chelsea supporters than Barca. What I saw when the guy lifted me up was amazing and one of the best moments to behold. I saw players sleeping on Iniesta while guys were rushing out of the viewing centre crying, fighting, cursing and barking. I got to my room to see one of my hostel guys cursing the day he joined Chelsea fan club and vowed never to watch football again all his life. Even though he was the 1st to get to the viewing centre that same weekend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
sebod:

My best player....Dinho was great, Messi is greater, Neymar? Only time would tell. But, my best player remains the man who never did anything wrong on the field of play(my view). And that's the great Xavi. I still miss him till now.
My best moment? There have been lots of great moments as a Barca fan. But, I'll still go with the victory over Chelsea at the Stamford Bridge over any other due to all it meant at that time.
I rushed out of a church program to see the match and with me was a lady who asked to go with me. Our boys had toiled all night to no avail, I had exhausted every prayer point I could muster, I was totally down as the clock was fast ticking, I had forgotten I was there with a pretty lady sitting beside me. To me there was no more hope, I had started rehearsing what excuses I would give to guys the following day in class, I was totally lost. All of a sudden, a Man U fan sitting behind me just lifted me up and was shouting "una don do am" I kept asking what happened as I couldn't even hear when people were shouting 'goal goal' as there were more Chelsea supporters than Barca. What I saw when the guy lifted me up was amazing and one of the best moments to behold. I saw players sleeping on Iniesta while guys were rushing out of the viewing centre crying, fighting, cursing and barking. I got to my room to see one of my hostel guys cursing the day he joined Chelsea fan club and vowed never to watch football again all his life. Even though he was the 1st to get to the viewing centre that same weekend.
grin grin

I will tell my kids the legend of Iniesta and why Chelsea fans are so pained... That day was and always will be the worst night in Chelsea history..

It was not the champions league final loss to Manchester United..

It was that Iniesta goal... grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
OBTSubtle:
grin grin

I will tell my kids the legend of Iniesta and why Chelsea fans are so pained... That day was and always will be the worst night in Chelsea history..

It was not the champions league final loss to Manchester United..

It was that Iniesta goal... grin
You can say that again. That's why most of them don't speak well of Barca till today. They are still hurt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hahahahahahahaaa.

Mine was far back in 2006 when we handed Chelsea their 1st defeat at Stamford Bridge in UCL. It was also Messi's 1st UCL match I think. An 18 year old.

Chelsea had to pour tipper of sand grin on their pitch to stop our free flow football. The pitch was horrible.

Chelsea scored through an own goal from Thiago Motta, but we equalized via John Terry's own goal via Ronaldinho's free kick.

But the sweetest moment was when Samuel Eto'o finished off a sweet counter attack that was led by Ronaldinho and Henrik Larsson.

It was at the dying moment of the match when Eto'o headed past Cech. I jumped up and mistakenly broke the ceiling of my school's hostel's viewing center. Nobody even noticed it because even Arsenal and Man United fans supported Barca that fateful night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 21, 2016
Debroslink:
Hahahahahahahaaa.

Mine was far back in 2006 when we handed Chelsea their 1st defeat at Stamford Bridge in UCL. It was also Messi's 1st UCL match I think. An 18 year old.

Chelsea had to pour tipper of sand grin on their pitch to stop our free flow football. The pitch was horrible.

Chelsea scored through an own goal from Thiago Motta, but we equalized via John Terry's own goal via Ronaldinho's free kick.

But the sweetest moment was when Samuel Eto'o finished off a sweet counter attack that was led by Ronaldinho and Henrik Larsson.

It was at the dying moment of the match when Eto'o headed past Cech. I jumped up and mistakenly broke the ceiling of my school's hostel's viewing center. Nobody even noticed it because even Arsenal and Man United fans supported Barca that fateful night.
grin grin

good one
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 11:18am On Oct 21, 2016
sebod:

You can say that again. That's why most of them don't speak well of Barca till today. They are still hurt.

grin grin grin grin Go and sit down my friend.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
airmark:

As if you knew I was sitting down tongue
What Sergio B played after Abidal was erroneously sent off that day still hurts you till date grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by goldeno10boy: 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
sebod:

As if you knew I was sitting down tongue
What Sergio B played after Abidal was erroneously sent off that day still hurts you till date grin
OMG .....OMG ......OMG
now i see clearly why 99.8% chelsea fans hate fc barca and i now understand why airmark hates Segio Busquet so much cheesy cheesy cheesy

i always thought EPL fans hate FC Barca and MESSI just because they be-little there EPL ....and they like Madrid simply because of CR7 who played in EPL .....but now i know the truth behind the Chelsea fan hate towards fc barca cheesy grin grin grin cool cool

well who cares anyway wink cheesy grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
Renewal for you,Renewal for you,Renewal for everybody.

Boom. grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 3:38pm On Oct 21, 2016
goldeno10boy:

OMG .....OMG ......OMG
now i see clearly why 99.8% chelsea fans hate fc barca and i now understand why airmark hates Segio Busquet so much cheesy cheesy cheesy

i always thought EPL fans hate FC Barca and MESSI just because they be-little there EPL ....and they like Madrid simply because of CR7 who played in EPL .....but now i know the truth behind the Chelsea fan hate towards fc barca cheesy grin grin grin cool cool

well who cares anyway wink cheesy grin grin
The English teams were dominant then as the all English final saw Chelsea losing to Man U in a match John Terry personally handed the trophy to United.
The 0-0 draw at the Camp Nou had given Chelsea fans another hope of avenging their loss against united, the 9th minute breathtaking strike by Esien even made the dream more realistic as they defended with their lives soaking up every thing thrown at them by Messi and co. After almost 90mins of hard labour with no result, I saw Pep saying something to Chelsea's coach in a conversation I interpreted as thus;
Pep: Baba, we have respected you enough, it's time to play our game.
Hindink: son, what are you really up to? You'd better give up.
Pep: just watch and see sir! Hey Bojan, come here, you've got to pass a message to the boys.
Busi who was dropping to help the defence and also holding the midfield was removed for Bojan which allowed Iniesta to slightly withdraw from the attack.
I didn't actually know how the rest panned out Untill I watched the replay where Esien failed to clear a loose ball which Messi squared back to the don and the rest is history.

As regards their loyalty to Madrid, most Chelsea fans became Madrid supporters when Mou was appointed their coach, Man U fans followed CR7 while others like Arsenal fans would support any team against Barca. The pains they(EPl fans) have gone through from the various losses to Barca have many support any thing as long as it's against Barca. So, don't blame them when they fail to call a spade a spade in their analysis when Barca is involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
airmark:

grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jstbeinhonest(m): 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
€18M for Neymar next season to rise €25M over the course of his contract.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2016
Better don't.

Right-Footed Alba. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 5:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
OBTSubtle:
cheesy

Guys. Why don't we do something fun..

Let's all answer..

Your favorite coach.

Here goes mine. .

It was year 2000, still very little then, I just can back from school, wanted to watch cartoons, and I saw rivaldo dribbling on the TV, that moment, I had a rhema and loved rivaldo.. Fast forward to 2003, after my grandad's burial at the village, my dad was installing a new dish and they decided to try out a few stations, they left it on a station where they were showing Barça history, the football was out of this world, I understood the team was Barça and I picked more interest in it.. Later in 2006, I had just come back from school too and Barça TV had swapped for star movies on our ctl cable something.. So I decided to watch a little, that was the first time I saw what maradona, rivaldo, ronaldinho and some other Barça players were capable of... But it was maradona and ronaldinho, these two people showed me something I never dreamed was possible..I marveled at such brilliance and beauty.. Started following up, and here I am..

Beat moment in Barça history.. That beautiful David villa goal in the Champions League final.. 2011.. I ran outside and feel on concrete.. Still got the scar till this day..

Favorite coach.. Pep, has got to be pep.. Frank is there but pep is class for me..

Favorite player.. The god himself.. Messi..

Jersey number.. 14 suits me...

This isn't an original idea though... If you're interested, you could just drop yours..

For the love of Barcelona.. For the love of the game.

Visca El Barça..

Let's all answer..

Ans: 1999

Ans: UCL Final with Arsenal, the equalizing goal.

Your favorite coach.

Ans: Prof. Pep Guardiola

Ans: god-Messi.

Ans: Number 13

Ans: Puta Madrid!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
Mcleo007:

Let's all answer..

Your favorite coach.

grin grin

I should buy God a drink for making me pick Barça over those lame clubs out there.. Look at this.. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
Arda and Rafinha injured,Vidal included in the match day squad.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10d0ve(m): 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
Umtiti was my MOM!!! Bar msn, Lucho is still several levels behind pep tactically. Rakitic did exactly what I had expected. Neymar can be better than this, I'm too sure of this! He just needs to have that hunger/ zeal to be greater.... I don't want his ambition level to drop. Stegen ll prove with time that he can perform consistently at a higher level than Claudio ever did

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
bykebyke:
Arda and Rafinha injured,Vidal included in the match day squad.
shocked shocked cry cry

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
Mcleo007:

Let's all answer..

Your favorite coach.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pamcode(m): 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
philfearon:

My best Barca Moment : There are a lot of great moments I have had while watching Barca play, but this one was the Greatest of them all.
It was in 2009,at Stamford Bridge. I was reeling from the fact it was turning out to be old Trafford(2008) all over again. I almost wept. The whole Chelsea people in my street were taunting me, I felt so terrible that at the 88th minute, I told myself it's over. Immediately I left where I was watching the match, and entered my house, I heard a great goal shout. I thought Chelsea has scored again. My heart almost broke. Immediately, my friend rushed to our house and started shouting like a madman.
I don't I think have ever had such surge of joy in my life. My own madness surpassed his, I ran out and started shouting up and down our street barebodied . I came back to our house, wore my full Barca attire and headed straight to The main road. O boy! Come see other barca fans madness na!
I have to add though that my celebration for when we won Manchester United at the final was great, but that Iniesta moment against Chelsea is it!
Ha your post brings back bitter memories so bitter the joke my friend was telling became stale. Thunda fire ovrebo and ballack for not sacrificing his face or chest just because of few mins of pain and allowing Iniesta to score.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
Mcleo007:

Let's all answer..

Your favorite coach.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
pamcode:
Ha your post brings back bitter memories so bitter the joke my friend was telling became stale. Thunda fire ovrebo and ballack for not sacrificing his face or chest just because of few mins of pain and allowing Iniesta to score.
I understand how it must have been for you guys that day!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by stuff46(m): 6:48am On Oct 22, 2016
Congrats sha

1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AdisaOwala: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2016
philfearon:

My best Barca Moment : There are a lot of great moments I have had while watching Barca play, but this one was the Greatest of them all.
It was in 2009,at Stamford Bridge. I was reeling from the fact it was turning out to be old Trafford(2008) all over again. I almost wept. The whole Chelsea people in my street were taunting me, I felt so terrible that at the 88th minute, I told myself it's over. Immediately I left where I was watching the match, and entered my house, I heard a great goal shout. I thought Chelsea has scored again. My heart almost broke. Immediately, my friend rushed to our house and started shouting like a madman.
I don't I think have ever had such surge of joy in my life. My own madness surpassed his, I ran out and started shouting up and down our street barebodied . I came back to our house, wore my full Barca attire and headed straight to The main road. O boy! Come see other barca fans madness na!
I have to add though that my celebration for when we won Manchester United at the final was great, but that Iniesta moment against Chelsea is it!

My best Barca moment?

It's gotta be the moment the referee signalled the end of the Barca vs Inter 2nd leg CL semi in 2010. grin

As Sergio Bouquets don act film & Thiago Motta collect red card in the process, Inter players had it all to do but heck - those gladiators fought bravely till the end!

Biko - why was Valdes acting up like a pained Bìtch? grin

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AdisaOwala: 9:50am On Oct 22, 2016
Devil may cry father (Dmcdad) , what's your opinion as regards that "glorious" night? grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2016
AdisaOwala:

My best Barca moment?

It's gotta be the moment the referee signalled the end of the Barca vs Inter 2nd leg CL semi in 2010. grin

As Sergio Bouquets don act film & Thiago Motta collect red card in the process, Inter players had it all to do but heck - those gladiators fought bravely till the end!

Biko - why was Valdes acting up like a pained Bìtch? grin
I know 2009 Champions League final, as well as that of 2011 hurt alot. Sorry you hear...cheesytongue

Even me sef come dey pity Fergie.cheesy Sotey the man hand dey shake like say tomorrow no dey. Little wonder he always attested to the fact that Barça were his greatest adversary.cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:03am On Oct 22, 2016
Does this ring a bell @AdisaOwala?

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:08am On Oct 22, 2016
AdisaOwala:
Devil may cry father (Dmcdad) , what's your opinion as regards that "glorious" night? grin
You mean the above post

I pity una wella ooooo I no go lie.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2016
dmcdad:

I know 2009 Champions League final, as well as that of 2011 hurt alot. Sorry you hear...cheesytongue

Even me sef come dey pity Fergie.cheesy Sotey the man hand dey shake like say tomorrow no dey. Little wonder he always attested to the fact that Barça were his greatest adversary.cheesy
grin grin

Cc: Smellymouth

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AdisaOwala: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2016
dmcdad:

Those matches no pain me I swear - we were up against arguably the greatest team in the history of the game. Aside the little disappointment say my team lose (which is natural), there were no hard feelings...

I am still interested in your view as regards a match wey una do ojoro, yet it wasn't enough grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Those matches no pain me I swear - we were up against arguably the greatest team in the history of the game. Aside the little disappointment say my team lose (which is natural), there were no hard feelings...

I am still interested in your view as regards a match wey una do ojoro, yet it wasn't enough grin
But seriously, some of the said decisions went against us too na. See truth talk am na.cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) ... (6183) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Tech01 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.