Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4619236 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) ... (6204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:48am On Oct 20, 2016
bykebyke:
Kudos to Pep though for that first half

It won't be as easy as this for us on the 1st of November.
To be honest, they bettered us. His game plan worked bar those individual errors. That's why it's important to have MSN. On a night they didn't play especially well (the team as a whole didn't play well) they still managed to deliver the goods. Heck, Messi wasn't even in the game for the most part, yet, he scored a hattrick, won a penalty and gave an assist.

Well.. That's the beauty of being the best player in the world.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:55am On Oct 20, 2016
OBTSubtle:

Yeah, and I didn't say umtiti was poor.. He tried alot..

John stones did well, he bettered umtiti when it comes to confidence.. He needs an experienced defender beside him to show him the ropes.. He'll do well..

Umtiti was good! But he has performed much much more than what we saw moments ago..
Why do you want to disappoint me? John Stones showed more confidence? How for Pete's sake? He needs an experienced defender besides him? Is that a way of justifying his performance? If not for Otamendi, especially in the first half, it would have been a different kettle of fish cause he intercepted a couple of dangerous through balls that would have put us through on goal.

Imagine playing a lone CB role in a 3-man defence against a dangerous opponent as City and yet yoi are saying this? Haba!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:59am On Oct 20, 2016
Igboid:
Wasn't City torn apart by Spurs not long ago and even by Leicester last season.

What's the big deal? Guardiola is obviously over rated. EPL has a way of exposing everyone.
That's the problem of you EPL fans... Little wonder your league is dying, not to mention subpar in recent years. All the hype won't save your league. La Liga is where football is, accept it or not. Barcelona and Real Madrid will better and top any league any day of the week. It's about the sheer quality of these sides and not about hype.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:03am On Oct 20, 2016
eyoniggar:

With due respect, thats nonsense yarn, there aint no big coach on league level that havent been whooped in Camp Nou, the sentiment that he was a former coach is all that is lighting this defeat in flames, and saying Guardiola is overrated is shocked, it can happen to any coach, in which, this has been happening b4.
My man... How far na?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:06am On Oct 20, 2016
bykebyke:
Pique reportedly out for 10 days.

Mathieu against Valencia at the Mestalla. shocked shocked

Oh God why,why,why,why? cry cry

Why do you give with the right hand and take back in chunks with the left? cry cry
I hope your last sentence was meant for the devil and not God, else that would be blasphemy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2016
Messi's favourite victims in the UCL

Arsenal (9 goals)
AC Milan (8 )
Leverkusen (7)
Ajax, Celtic (6)
MAN CITY (5)

Some people's favourite teams are Malmo, Wolfsburg, Shakter etc cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2016
wink

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 20, 2016
dmcdad:

Why do you want to disappoint me? John Stones showed more confidence? How for Pete's sake? He needs an experienced defender besides him? Is that a way of justifying his performance? If not for Otamendi, especially in the first half, it would have been a different kettle of fish cause he intercepted a couple of dangerous through balls that would have put us through on goal.

Imagine playing a lone CB role in a 3-man defence against a dangerous opponent as City and yet yoi are saying this? Haba!
Kudos for this jor.

His first match after coming from injury layoff.
Dude ticked all the boxes correctly.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Igboid: 7:27am On Oct 20, 2016
dmcdad:

That's the problem of you EPL fans... Little wonder your league is dying, not to mention subpar in recent years. All the hype won't save your league. La Liga is where football is, accept it or not. Barcelona and Real Madrid will better and top any league any day of the week. It's about the sheer quality of these sides and not about hype.

What quality? EPL top guns have had to undergo through a rough patch. United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, these were teams that consistently featured in the quarterfinals and Semi finals of Champions league not long ago, when Barcelona was the only saving grace for la liga.

The advantage of being big spenders Barcelona and Madrid were the seasons that followed those exploits, allowed them to consistently poach top talents from
EPL teams, and distabilized these teams. Madrid and Barca helped themselves with Henry, Mascherano, Alonso, Modric, Bale, Ronaldo, Suarez, top top players very vital to their parent clubs. In return EPL only got those Madrid and Barca deemed surplus to requirements.

That tide of one way flow of players from EPL to la liga will never happen again with the mega money of EPL TV deal now on board, you can never price away top talents from
EPL. United already showed you the future with your failed bid to capture De gea. EPL top guns can now afford to pay their top talents whatever Barca and Madrid can afford to.

Messi and Ronaldo won't be around forever. Soon the tide will turn for ever. Your league and teams will be eventually transformed to poaching ground for EPL top teams.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 20, 2016
Digne appreciation post. grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by rozayx5(m): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2016
feels so good to see airmark weep profusely and try to console himself with bravo blunder

fact is........ WE WON

take your hate and swallow it with a glass of lucozade grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 8:06am On Oct 20, 2016
Best news of the match for me is Mathieu's red card. How I wish he was the one who got injured.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:07am On Oct 20, 2016
Igboid:

What quality? EPL top guns have had to undergo through a rough patch. United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, these were teams that consistently featured in the quarterfinals and Semi finals of Champions league not long ago, when Barcelona was the only saving grace for la liga.

The advantage of being big spenders Barcelona and Madrid were the seasons that followed those exploits, allowed them to consistently poach top talents from
EPL teams, and distabilized these teams. Madrid and Barca helped themselves with Henry, Mascherano, Alonso, Modric, Bale, Ronaldo, Suarez, top top players very vital to their parent clubs. In return EPL only got those Madrid and Barca deemed surplus to requirements.

That tide of one way flow of players from EPL to la liga will never happen again with the mega money of EPL TV deal now on board, you can never price away top talents from
EPL. United already showed you the future with your failed bid to capture De gea. EPL top guns can now afford to pay their top talents whatever Barca and Madrid can afford to.

Messi and Ronaldo won't be around forever. Soon the tide will turn for ever. Your league and teams will be eventually transformed to poaching ground for EPL top teams.
You raised a number of issues I need to correct.

In response to your first paragraph, you mind telling me how it's possible all the top guns had to go through a rough patch at the same freaking time? I mean, how possible is that? You didn't imagine that they probably were overrated and all hyped? At least you attested to the fact that Barça were able to stand for La Liga (a supposedly 2-horse-race-league). And the EPL that boasts of maybe having 5 teams as contenders all went through bad patches coincidentally at the same time? Nah nah nah bruv. They ain't got quality.

As regards your second paragraph, that is a normal thing in football. The thing is, most of these guys left cause they wanted to win trophies; not just league trophies but Champions League and maybe the club world cup just to mention a few. They know coming over to this side of the coin would benefit them more, hence the need to move. Or tell me why Van Persie left Arsenal for United. Tell me why Fab left Arsenal for Barça. Tell me why Suárez would wanna leave a place he was worshipped to where he would play 2nd or 3rd fiddle. And these players' faith were rewarded time and again. Henry played just how many seasons with Barça, but he won the most desired trophy that had eluded his grasp. Bale? He has 2 Champions League trophies to his name. Same with Modric. Same with Ronaldo (in Madrid). Alonso too won the Champions League with Madrid. Mascherano? Need I say how many trophies he has won with Barça? Suárez nkor? He won a treble in his debut season. So you see? These guys wouldn't have achieved all they did if they were with their so-called parent clubs.

In response to your third paragraph, the EPL has always been boosted by money. Enough money to go round even without the new deal. So no be today nyash dey for back. We will still attract your bests cause they love to win trophies, and where else can they be than to be in Barça or Madrid?

Messi and Ronaldo won't be around forever quite alright. Yet, that doesn't mean we ain't still got the best among the rest. Remember, we have Neymar (who is just behind Messi and Ronaldo), Suárez, Bale... I mean, we still got the best of the lot, so keep wishing.cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:08am On Oct 20, 2016
Igboid:

It's every players dream to wear Barca/Madrid shirts, that's why it's easy to price them away from their clubs. Forget about any TV deal. Those two clubs are bigger than every other club out there and get whatever they want. Ronaldo left Man U for Madrid(as the world best player) not because United couldn't afford to pay whatever he asked for, but because he knew what it means to turn up for Madrid. Same applies to any player Barca set eyes on.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Igboid: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2016
dmcdad:

In response to your first paragraph, you mind telling me how it's possible all the top guns had to go through a rough patch at the same freaking time? I mean, how possible is that? You didn't imagine that they probably were overrated and all hyped? At least you attested to the fact that Barça were able to stand for La Liga (a supposedly 2-horse-race-league). And the EPL that boasts of maybe having 5 teams as contenders all went through bad patches coincidentally at the same time? Nah nah nah bruv. They ain't got quality.

As regards your second paragraph, that is a normal thing in football. The thing is, most of these guys left cause they wanted to win trophies; not just league trophies but Champions League and maybe the club world cup just to mention a few. They know coming over to this side of the coin would benefit them more, hence the need to move. Or tell me why Van Persie left Arsenal for United. Tell me why Fab left Arsenal for Barça. Tell me why Suárez would wanna leave a place he was worshipped to where he would play 2nd or 3rd fiddle. And these players' faith were rewarded time and again. Henry played just how many seasons with Barça, but he won the most desired trophy that had eluded his grasp. Bale? He has 2 Champions League trophies to his name. Same with Modric. Same with Ronaldo (in Madrid). Alonso too won the Champions League with Madrid. Mascherano? Need I say how many trophies he has won with Barça? Suárez nkor? He won a treble in his debut season. So you see? These guys wouldn't have achieved all they did if they were with their so-called parent clubs.

In response to your third paragraph, the EPL has always been boosted by money. Enough money to go round even without the new deal. So no be today nyash dey for back. We will still attract your bests cause they love to win trophies, and where else can they be than to be in Barça or Madrid?

Messi and Ronaldo won't be around forever quite alright. Yet, that doesn't mean we ain't still got the best among the rest. Remember, we have Neymar (who is just behind Messi and Ronaldo), Suárez, Bale... I mean, we still got the best of the lot, so keep wishing.cheesy

United lost Ronaldo, their "go to" man and simply failed in their bid to replace him.

When Madrid bought Ronaldo and Alonsothey were perpetual underperformers living in past glories in Europe, Liverpool and Man United were recent winners and constantly featured in finals and Semi finals of Champions league of those era.
Say all you want, but money bought Madrid it's status in Europe today, Madrid would not be able to price away a Ronaldo from United today, United will offer him any ridiculous amount of money available to keep him.

It was money that drew the likes of Suarez, Henry, Bale, Modric, etc to Barca and Madrid. With money they have now, EPL teams will tie those talents down with ridiculous wage allowances and keep Barca and Madrid in the Lurch. Gone are the days when you say jump, and EPL teams ask how high.

Between 2003-2014, Madrid kept throwing ridiculous amount of money to their problems until it clicked. EPL teams are set to do the same.

Suarez, Neymar and Bale are good, but they are not Ronaldo or Messi and will never give you the advantage Messi and Ronado did.
Suarez is an old man too, won't be around for long.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 20, 2016
dmcdad:

Done better how? The team didn't play well and hence he had to shoulder alot of burden and he did it with aplomb.

I already explained bro.. Personally, I wasn't comfortable with the way he always chose to pass back to the keeper.. With France, you'd agree... He gives those long precise balls.. I've watched him for France and some other Barça matches... I was proud he plays for Barça...He starts the attack from the back.. Remember how he had the most completed passes at the Euros?? Those passes weren't back passes, he isn't Carrick..But in that match.. All he did (passing) was give the ball the Mats or throw an innaccurate long ball... He did his job by defending very well, considering the kind of formation..but I won't settle for just that.. It's my team and it's important to point out those little concerns..

Take for instance when pique was injured by Silva.. That was in the process of showing that confidence I'm talking about.. Pushing the ball even in the midst of 2 or 3 players..

Umtiti was somewhat shaky..

As for John stones... Remember when he took on Suarez.. Pushed the ball forward, and at least made a decisive pass to sterling.. Umtiti would've passed back to mats in that situation and maybe given us a cause to show concern..

dmcdad:

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chelseafan1: 9:24am On Oct 20, 2016
bykebyke:
We got him for 25M€

Greatest theft ever since the Antwerp diamond heist. grin
I remember Bigkesh always rated this Umtiti guy b4 Barca got him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 20, 2016
Igboid:

It was money that drew the likes of Suarez, Henry, Bale, Modric, etc to Barca and Madrid. With money they have now, EPL teams will tie those talents down with ridiculous wage allowances and keep Barca and Madrid in the Lurch. Gone are the days when you say jump, and EPL teams ask how high.
Or maybe they wanted to win trophies certain trophies in their career? undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 20, 2016
Chelseafan1:

I remember Bigkesh always rated this Umtiti guy b4 Barca got him.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2016
dmcdad:

I had the best day of my life this year. I was watching the two best teams in England play, and the match was so great and entertaining, I slept off at the 30+minute of the game!
That's how Great EPL is with over £3billion in TV deals!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:52am On Oct 20, 2016
philfearon:

I had the best day of my life this year. I was watching the two best teams in England play, and the match was so great and entertaining, I slept off at the 30+minute of the game!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Best day of your life indeed! cheesy You wikid sha!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:03am On Oct 20, 2016
OBTSubtle:

I already explained bro.. Personally, I wasn't comfortable with the way he always chose to pass back to the keeper.. With France, you'd agree... He gives those long precise balls.. I've watched him for France and some other Barça matches... I was proud he plays for Barça...He starts the attack from the back.. Remember how he had the most completed passes at the Euros?? Those passes weren't back passes, he isn't Carrick..But in that match.. All he did (passing) was give the ball the Mats or throw an innaccurate long ball... He did his job by defending very well, considering the kind of formation..but I won't settle for just that.. It's my team and it's important to point out those little concerns..

Take for instance when pique was injured by Silva.. That was in the process of showing that confidence I'm talking about.. Pushing the ball even in the midst of 2 or 3 players..

Umtiti was somewhat shaky..

As for John stones... Remember when he took on Suarez.. Pushed the ball forward, and at least made a decisive pass to sterling.. Umtiti would've passed back to mats in that situation and maybe given us a cause to show concern..

Bro... I am always open to criticism, but on this occasion, this criticism of yours is misguided.

Man City pressed last night like never before. You didn't notice Ter Stegen had to misplace some long balls (maybe more than you would ever imagine), that was how high up the pitch City pressed.

View the below pics and tell me their ratings aren't spot on. He was rated highest of all defenders on the night, both Barça and City. Abeg make we see truth talk am na.

Do you know that while the MOTM would supposedly go to Messi (which I sure it did), alot of people were clamouring on Twitter that they would give Umtiti the MOTM despite Messi's heroics? That is understandably so. Do you know what it means to lose 2 of your starting defenders (especially the world's best Piqué) and having to play with a makeshift RB in Mascherano (although he did good I must say) and a sloppy Mathieu alongside you?

Besides, tell me any game in the Euros that had high pressing like City did last night. Just tell me of any game at all, even not involving France. The match you pointed out was against Die Mannschaft. I saw the game and I saw what he did, but was he under any pressure at aby point in time like in last night? The answer is a simple, no.

Give honour to whom it's due. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 11:05am On Oct 20, 2016
philfearon:

I thought lawyers are raised to be nice cheesy you are wicked no be small grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:09am On Oct 20, 2016
Igboid:

United lost Ronaldo, their "go to" man and simply failed in their bid to replace him.

When Madrid bought Ronaldo and Alonsothey were perpetual underperformers living in past glories in Europe, Liverpool and Man United were recent winners and constantly featured in finals and Semi finals of Champions league of those era.
Say all you want, but money bought Madrid it's status in Europe today, Madrid would not be able to price away a Ronaldo from United today, United will offer him any ridiculous amount of money available to keep him.

Between 2003-2014, Madrid kept throwing ridiculous amount of money to their problems until it clicked. EPL teams are set to do the same.

Suarez, Neymar and Bale are good, but they are not Ronaldo or Messi and will never give you the advantage Messi and Ronado did.
Suarez is an old man too, won't be around for long.

@emboldened, you can say this now because we have one super human and a god playing now. It's not everytime we have such. But then, I can bet my left balls you said same when Ronaldinho was doing his magic. Messi came on and made us forget Dinho in all his glory. We have Neymar coming up good. Not saying he would outdo Messi, but at least you know what he can do. He does so every now and then witj Brazil. Take Messi away and I tell you that the world will soon bow at Neymar's feet.

I rest my case.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 20, 2016
dmcdad:

Bro... I am always open to criticism, but on this occasion, this criticism of yours is misguided.

Man City pressed last night like never before. You didn't notice Ter Stegen had to misplace some long balls (maybe more than you would ever imagine), that was how high up the pitch City pressed.

View the below pics and tell me their ratings aren't spot on. He was rated highest of all defenders on the night, both Barça and City. Abeg make we see truth talk am na.

Do you know that while the MOTM would supposedly go to Messi (which I sure it did), alot of people were clamouring on Twitter that they would give Umtiti the MOTM despite Messi's heroics? That is understandably so. Do you know what it means to lose 2 of your starting defenders (especially the world's best Piqué) and having to play with a makeshift RB in Mascherano (although he did good I must say) and a sloppy Mathieu alongside you?

Besides, tell me any game in the Euros that had high pressing like City did last night. Just tell me of any game at all, even not involving France. The match you pointed out was against Die Mannschaft. I saw the game and I saw what he did, but was he under any pressure at aby point in time like in last night? The answer is a simple, no.

Give honour to whom it's due. I rest my case.

undecided Bro.. We're saying the same thing..

You've even said it yourself.. Man city pressed very high. He did his job.. He was fantastic..

But that confidence under pressure was not fantastic..

You've given facts, and these facts are good.. They are in line with what I'm saying...

I didn't say stones played better than Sam.. Never!!!

I only said, in some cases, confidence under pressure.. (when with the ball).. Stones sometimes made better decisions than Sam..

Once I saw Umtiti on the line up.. I was relaxed. He played well, I applauded him for playing well.. But when you neglect theses little things.. It'll come back to haunt us in other games...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Igboid: 11:33am On Oct 20, 2016
sebod:

It's every players dream to wear Barca/Madrid shirts, that's why it's easy to price them away from their clubs. Forget about any TV deal. Those two clubs are bigger than every other club out there and get whatever they want. Ronaldo left Man U for Madrid(as the world best player) not because United couldn't afford to pay whatever he asked for, but because he knew what it means to turn up for Madrid. Same applies to any player Barca set eyes on.

Keep deceiving yourself. Players follow the cashflow. The cash is now in EPL, the top players will follow, and the emerging top talents in EPL can nolonger be poached. Only those deemed surplus to requirements will be leaving EPL now. You won't be getting any more Ronaldos, Bales, Modrics, Mascheranos, Alonsos from
EPL, but your Agueros, Silvas, Nolitos, Sanchez, Ozils, and others you deemed surplus to requirements that are top talents will end up in EPL. The financial war has been won by EPL, it's only a matter of time before it starts manifesting on the pitch.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:42am On Oct 20, 2016
OBTSubtle:

undecided Bro.. We're saying the same thing..

You've even said it yourself.. Man city pressed very high. He did his job.. He was fantastic..

But that confidence under pressure was not fantastic..

You've given facts, and these facts are good.. They are in line with what I'm saying...

I didn't say stones played better than Sam.. Never!!!

I only said, in some cases, confidence under pressure.. (when with the ball).. Stones sometimes made better decisions than Sam..

Once I saw Umtiti on the line up.. I was relaxed. He played well, I applauded him for playing well.. But when you neglect theses little things.. It'll come back to haunt us in other games...
Bro... Mention any defender in the world today who doesn't experience a hiccup or two within a game? It's normal. I can bet my life that, if you bring highly rated CBs like Godin(who I respect very much), Thiago Silva, Bonucci, Chiellini or even Kompany to play the highline defence like we do, they will disgrace themselves and disgrace anyone putting his trust in them. Even Messi that got a 10.0 performance, did you know that before the goals, or rather bar the goals Messi was presumably absent almost all through? But the goals were moments of magic, and now no ones remembers he was largely absent during the game. That's the game of football for you.

No be beans at all to come from injury to play a top team like City, especially losing your defence leader in the process. Umtiti was very confident, forget! Stones get confidence? Stones na hype ahswear! If Stones was bought for 50M, then Umtiti should have been bought for nothing less than 70M. Walai, if Umtiti weren't there last night, especially after losing Piqué, na stories that touch we for dey talk now. I dey tellz you.

I just want you to appreciate him and isolate all the BUTs... If he messes up we can talk about that, but last night? He was fantastic. Let's leave it at that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Igboid: 11:45am On Oct 20, 2016
dmcdad:

@emboldened, you can say this now because we have one super human and a god playing now. It's not everytime we have such. But then, I can bet my left balls you said same when Ronaldinho was doing his magic. Messi came on and made us forget Dinho in all his glory. We have Neymar coming up good. Not saying he would outdo Messi, but at least you know what he can do. He does so every now and then witj Brazil. Take Messi away and I tell you that the world will soon bow at Neymar's feet.

I rest my case.

Neymar is good, but not extraordinary. No one is going to bow at Neymar's feet. Not happening. Ronaldinho was good, but Barcelona was not an all conquering team with him in it. Between 2003- 08 he was there, Barca featured in the champions league finals just once and won the champions league just once. EPL teams won it twice and featured in the finals 4 consecutive times.

There are not going to be another Messi and Ronaldo for every long time after they are gone.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 20, 2016
grin
dmcdad:

Bro... Mention any defender in the world today who doesn't experience a hiccup or two within a game? It's normal. I can bet my life that, if you bring highly rated CBs like Godin(who I respect very much), Thiago Silva, Bonucci, Chiellini or even Kompany to play the highline defence like we do, they will disgrace themselves and disgrace anyone putting his trust in them. Even Messi that got a 10.0 performance, did you know that before the goals, or rather bar the goals Messi was presumably absent almost all through? But the goals were moments of magic, and now no ones remembers he was largely absent during the game. That's the game of football for you.

No be beans at all to come from injury to play a top team like City, especially losing your defence leader in the process. Umtiti was very confident, forget! Stones get confidence? Stones na hype ahswear! If Stones was bought for 50M, then Umtiti should have been bought for nothing less than 70M. Walai, if Umtiti weren't there last night, especially after losing Piqué, na stories that touch we for dey talk now. I dey tellz you.

I just want you to appreciate him and isolate all the BUTs... If he messes up we can talk about that, but last night? He was fantastic. Let's leave it at that.
Lol.. Alright man.. You won..

grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
dmcdad:

Bro... Mention any defender in the world today who doesn't experience a hiccup or two within a game? It's normal. I can bet my life that, if you bring highly rated CBs like Godin(who I respect very much), Thiago Silva, Bonucci, Chiellini or even Kompany to play the highline defence like we

Dayo ramuzaki raumdeuter wont be happy with your list. It is moment like this i like reading your post. cool cool cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
airmark:

Dayo ramuzaki raumdeuter wont be happy with your list. It is moment like this i like reading your post. cool cool cool

Thats probably because you were a koranic school dropout and cant understand simple logic.

He simply stated the names of defenders who dont regularly play in a high line

I am sure your foolish sef will think he left Ramos or Boateng out because he felt Bonnucci or Chiellini was better than Ramos or Boateng

As far as his core task of defending is concerned, however, Boateng is firmly ensconced in the world's elite. His reliability on the pitch has ushered in more confidence off it;

http://www.espnfc.com.ng/club/bayern-munich/132/blog/post/2975139/jerome-boatengs-journey-to-greatness-with-bayern-munich-was-not-easy
Now go and kill yourself

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
Igboid:

Keep deceiving yourself. Players follow the cashflow. The cash is now in EPL, the top players will follow, and the emerging top talents in EPL can nolonger be poached. Only those deemed surplus to requirements will be leaving EPL now. You won't be getting any more Ronaldos, Bales, Modrics, Mascheranos, Alonsos from
EPL, but your Agueros, Silvas, Nolitos, Sanchez, Ozils, and others you deemed surplus to requirements that are top talents will end up in EPL. The financial war has been won by EPL, it's only a matter of time before it starts manifesting on the pitch.
If there's anyone deceiving himself here, it's surely you!
Can you bodily tell us that if CR7 had wanted more money to stay at United, they didn't have enough to offer him? Don't forget he's the 1st and only player to have won the world best player award in EPL, can you prove that he still left United because of money?
No matter how rich Leicester City become today, should Barca/Madrid knock at Mahrez' door, he would force the transfer and the next thing you'll hear from him is "its always been my dream to play for Barca/Madrid.

There's no amount of money any club can have today especially in EPL that would stop any player from picking up Barca/Madrid's call sir, these clubs have been poaching the best players even from the very rich clubs in EPL, so your line of argument does not just add up unless you want to tell us that the deal would afford Watford the ability to price away the big boys from Barca/Madrid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) ... (6204) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.