Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4585221 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3311) (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) ... (6186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ayoalani(m): 7:41am On Nov 25, 2018
Debroslink:

Lad is just 21. I repeat 21 years. He's bound to show signs of indiscipline @ some point. Mbappe and others of same age bracket have also shown signs of indiscipline @ some point, but theirs are not as celebrated as Dembele's, why? Because we have a coach who doesn't really care about him.

You talk of Guardiola, then go and check how he handled Raheem Sterling. Now Sterling is enjoying his best football life under him.

Meanwhile, Dembele is better than both Sterling and Sane. All he needs is a better manager.
If i may ask...what are the actions the coach made that prompted you to say that he doesn't care about dembele? What do you think the coach should do?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ayoalani(m): 7:49am On Nov 25, 2018
Do u want to tell me that it's ev that makes the media talk about him everytime. He is a video game addict, comes late to training and you say ev is at fault. Mbappe is 19 and more matured than dembele? That's ev fault too?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 8:13am On Nov 25, 2018
IKON360:

Malcolm play more minutes where? Why? Is he better than Dembele?
Please what is match fitness? And how hasn't Messi regained his own?
How is EV tactically inept?

Too many questions from a blind valverde follower undecided

I no get your time but every sensible Barcelona fan can also see what I saw clearly.

Did you just start watching Barca's matches yesterday undecided Where are you when Malcolm couldn't even make the match day squad list ? or was that the most reasonable way of improving a 21-year old player who just joined a big club such as Barcelona.

Don't mix things up, both Dembele and Malcolm deserve more minutes, how can you be keeping two young players on the bench in every match and expect them to magically turn up whenever he gives them a chance to play, even after damaging them mentally and psychologically.

Messi just came back from injury, Hence he is still regaining match fitness. He lost a lot of balls yesterday and in the previous match too.

It is people like you that keep using Omo in this century just because you feel like it is good enough, even when other people are using modern soaps like so klin, Ariel etc... see ehn, if you support Valverde you can support anything.

Goal.com said

[b]"If Ernesto Valverde felt bold, if the coach felt like his men could dictate the play, he might have opted to bring on winger Dembele.

The French World Cup winner comes with his own bag of problems but unlike Rafinha, has the sheer talent and unpredictability to break down a rock-solid wall like Atletico’s.

We saw that in the final stages when Valverde threw on Dembele looking for an answer to Diego Costa’’s 77th minute header which threatened to depose his side from the top of the table.

At times you wondered if Barca’s coach was willing to accept the draw, given Real Madrid lost at Eibar earlier and his team were away from home.

But if so, it does not fit the club’s philosophy and style and will only turn those who already disapprove of him further away.

Perhaps Valverde doesn’t care. The coach has not renewed his contract, which expires at the end of the season, and may only be thinking about immediate success.

If that’s the case then a draw at Atletico Madrid is an acceptable result, even if the style it was achieved in would upset the majority of Barcelona fans."[/b]

http://m.goal.com/x/en-gb/news/683/main/2018/11/24/49613312/valverdes-ineffective-barcelona-unable-to-impose-their-will

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 8:39am On Nov 25, 2018
ayoalani:

If i may ask...what are the actions the coach made that prompted you to say that he doesn't care about dembele? What do you think the coach should do?

Check out Ronaldo in his early years @ man United. Talented, show-boating and some-what indisciplined. He loved dribbling but lost possession a lot and was often lost in big matches. Yet, Sir Alex groomed him with veterans like Giggs and Scholes. Ronaldo didn't score a winning goal in a crucial match and the coach will bench him in the next.

Dembele keeps producing the goals when called upon. Yes he looses possession, but even Messi does it too. He needs a coach who will boost his confidence on the ball. He scored last night, like he had done so often already, yet, he's not even guaranteed to play the next game. This alone destroys the morale of any young player.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MJBOLT: 8:50am On Nov 25, 2018
Dembele was too loud when he celebrated his goal and woke up Suarez who was sleeping all through the game

Rakiticbarca:
Some people will not like this picture but still, let me drop it here grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 8:52am On Nov 25, 2018
ayoalani:
Do u want to tell me that it's ev that makes the media talk about him everytime. He is a video game addict, comes late to training and you say ev is at fault. Mbappe is 19 and more matured than dembele? That's ev fault too?

Ogbeni, stop saying trash. Mbappe that received a 3-match ban for fighting even said he'd do it again. Tell me if that's maturity.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/paris-saint-germain/story/3620504/psgs-kylian-mbappe-doesnt-regret-red-card-i-would-do-the-same-thing

But if it's Dembele, you'll order for his head on a plate.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 8:52am On Nov 25, 2018
RuuDie:

Point is, Dembele will still get playing time through the course of the season.

A squad of over thirty fighting for eight spots every match-day. E easy to pick players. Ordinary FL and FM wen boys dey play, dem dey fall hand. Come imagine real life, pesin handwork situation. Abegii make una cut the man some slack jare!
You still don't get my point. No one's saying it's easy selecting players. But there was no justification to his sudden relegation of Dembele to the bench, when he was doing quite fine. There were some matches he ought to have featured in, even if he didn't have to start, but no, because he probably wanted to spite him, he didn't play him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hinohsend: 9:02am On Nov 25, 2018
Dembele has won more points with his goals, than any other player on LaLiga [goal]

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 9:06am On Nov 25, 2018
ayoalani:
Una don start again. Una just like to day fault EV. It's not fair just as Rivaldo is criticising dembele for trying to force a move out of barca with his attitude.
Rafinha had a great season at inter, has been playing pretty well this season and still, he hasn't starred in half of this season's matches. EV gave him a shot yesterday and somebody was complaining about his obsession with rafinha. Can't u jux b positive for once?
Yeah, he could have brought in dembele and malcom earlier but come to think of it, neither of them tracks back to defend and that could have caused us a lot of problems. Dembele could have lost some balls resulting into numerous counter attacks.
Coaching isn't an easy job and making decisions is more difficult when u ave a mammoth squad like barca's. Making the right subs at the right has been a signature of valverde and he should be given credits for that.
It was great coaching from valverde and a great match for d team.
Gave Rafinha a shot yesterday? You and I know, if one player needs to be substituted into a game today, among Dembele, Rafinha and Malcom, Valverbastard would use Rafinha without even considering what the game needs.

Rafinha came in yesterday to replace Roberto, and to cover for Messi who always drifts into the middle, and covers more ground. We all know he's useless here, so at least, link up with Semedo, and don't strand the poor boy on the right, but no. He decides to come into the middle, where he has absolutely no clue about anything. Semedo at some point had to play alone on the right flank, yesterday. Vidal had to be the one to link up with Semedo. Rafinha? Meh.

Then at 80th minute, he decides to bring in two real wingers, who we have needed since ten minutes prior.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 25, 2018
Debroslink:

Ogbeni, stop saying trash. Mbappe that received a 3-match ban for fighting even said he'd do it again. Tell me if that's maturity.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/paris-saint-germain/story/3620504/psgs-kylian-mbappe-doesnt-regret-red-card-i-would-do-the-same-thing

But if it's Dembele, you'll order for his head on a plate.

Brotherly, stop arguing with those little kids that knows nothing about football
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2018
Isomerizm:
Gave Rafinha a shot yesterday? You and I know, if one player needs to be substituted into a game today, among Dembele, Rafinha and Malcom, Valverbastard would use Rafinha without even considering what the game needs.

Rafinha came in yesterday to replace Roberto, and to cover for Messi who always drifts into the middle, and covers more ground. We all know he's useless here, so at least, link up with Semedo, and don't strand the poor boy on the right, but no. He decides to come into the middle, where he has absolutely no clue about anything. Semedo at some point had to play alone on the right flank, yesterday. Vidal had to be the one to link up with Semedo. Rafinha? Meh.

Then at 80th minute, he decides to bring in two real wingers, who we have needed since ten minutes prior.

Right from wen I saw the starting 11, I just knew the fool wanted a draw, that is not the Barce I know (judging from previous coaches).

He had to wait till Costa scored b4 he made an attacking sub in the 80th minutes, had A.T.M not scored, he wouldn't have made any attacking change.

It's so pathetic that we have such a myopic coach.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrew444(m): 10:10am On Nov 25, 2018
RuuDie:

Just pointing out to him that someone else did the "harder" part of the work for that goal!

Okay bro understood
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 25, 2018

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2018
Maybe the next headline we will see is that dembele's goal arrived late
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2018
haymekus:
Valverde is a fuckin' coward and bastard. Suarez, Roberto and rakitic will be playing nonsense and yet they will start the next match. But if dembele, semedo or malcom make any slight mistake, they will never start the next match.

He might be a racist...but i think he is more of a coward.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 10:54am On Nov 25, 2018
I was just laughing when people said suarez was back after the hatrick against Madrid.

Do you know suarez loses the ball more than dembele?

Do you know suarez has been more inconsistent than dembele the season?

Valverde will never bench him but if suarez was under a coach like pep, he would probably be on the bench with a seatbelt.

Suarez is finished! We can never win the cl with him as our main striker.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 9itewolf(m): 11:39am On Nov 25, 2018
Olamyyde:
4 of Dembele's 5 goals this season have been match winning goals #decider undecided
cos he plays better as a sub. When the defenders are tired. Imo the coach got the tactic right...until the 70-75th minute where he should have brought those two on (Malcolm and dembele). Maybe he gt scared of his own plan....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 9itewolf(m): 11:51am On Nov 25, 2018
Olamyyde:

Valverde is a fuckin' coward and bastard. Suarez, Roberto and rakitic will be playing nonsense and yet they will start the next match. But if dembele, semedo or malcom make any slight mistake, they will never start the next match.

big coward...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MJBOLT: 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2018
grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2018
I wonder why Suarez the "senior man" didn't shout at Dembele last night.

Tomorrow he will score one goal and come and shout at another player for making a mistake.

And then some iidiots here will come and tell me Suarez has got the right to shout on anybody, telling me he is a "senior man"
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Heywhizzy(m): 1:58pm On Nov 25, 2018
I like dembele to play in every match but anyone that feels Valverde has been wrong for benching him, only watches football on livescores, goal.com or this thread alone

I was one of those fans that would get angry when dembele gets benched but the second half of that match against Sevilla where he replaced Messi changed my already changing view totally.. He lost possession too many times, twice in front of Valverde, Cameras had to show valverde disappointed face, he also lost possession that led to one of Sevilla's goal.. Then came the copa Del Rey where he was to be our main man, he was ordinary, losing possession too many times, he was low on confidence, heads down.

Dembele Instagram post before yesterday's match would show senior players like Messi and Suarez tapping his head jokingly as though they were welcoming back a prodigal son.. Busquet comment on Dembele yesterday "This goal will come in handy, he has to adapt to both his private life and football," Busquets told Movistar following the 1-1 draw.
"We have to help him because he's very young and we know he can help us a lot.".. It's quite clear with this that there was an off field problem

If a player has an off field issue, coupled with not performing as expected, why then shouldn't he be benched?

I just hope Dembele has learned his lessons and Valverde will play him more often, hence becoming the beast most of us know and want him to be. I'm positive that goal is the beginning of a turn around

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweet7oyin(m): 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2018
Rafinha Is out for 6months
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by veekid(m): 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2018
sweet7oyin:
if true .. ope oooo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2018
9itewolf:
cos he plays better as a sub. When the defenders are tired. Imo the coach got the tactic right...until the 70-75th minute where he should have brought those two on (Malcolm and dembele). Maybe he gt scared of his own plan....
He didn't play better as a sub in dortmund. He needs to start. His performances aren't as bad as suarez yet suarez is never benched.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2018
sweet7oyin:
Barca should should have sold him when they could, he and denis have no place in this squad.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
veekid:
if true .. ope oooo
rakitic, arthur and arthur will still start so no place for malcom or dembele.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
sweet7oyin:
Good. Hope Couts recover fast.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neymar1095(m): 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2018
Debroslink:

Lad is just 21. I repeat 21 years. He's bound to show signs of indiscipline @ some point. Mbappe and others of same age bracket have also shown signs of indiscipline @ some point, but theirs are not as celebrated as Dembele's, why? Because we have a coach who doesn't really care about him.

You talk of Guardiola, then go and check how he handled Raheem Sterling. Now Sterling is enjoying his best football life under him.

Meanwhile, Dembele is better than both Sterling and Sane. All he needs is a better manager.
This mofo thinks dembele is better than sterling and Leroy sane lol.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 6:10pm On Nov 25, 2018
Olamyyde:

He didn't play better as a sub in dortmund. He needs to start. His performances aren't as bad as suarez yet suarez is never benched.
if EV benches Suarez who will now start? I'll punch your teeth o. We need a new striker that has charisma and can score. Oya who should we replace Suarez with and shouting bench Suarez like a 4 year old.

The Dortmund team Dembele played was more attuned to using counter attacks, the pace of Aubameyang, Reus, Dembele and Schurrle could open defenses plus Kagawa's passing. How many teams give us space to utilise Dembele's speed? He dribbles better with space, he's not a close control dribbler like Messi, Neymar or Hazard or Iniesta, when Dembele tries close control dribbles he tends to fail. Besides you were among those that crucified Dembele after the Sevilla match.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2018
Heywhizzy:
I like dembele to play in every match but anyone that feels Valverde has been wrong for benching him, only watches football on livescores, goal.com or this thread alone

I was one of those fans that would get angry when dembele gets benched but the second half of that match against Sevilla where he replaced Messi changed my already changing view totally.. He lost possession too many times, twice in front of Valverde, Cameras had to show valverde disappointed face, he also lost possession that led to one of Sevilla's goal.. Then came the copa Del Rey where he was to be our main man, he was ordinary, losing possession too many times, he was low on confidence, heads down.

Dembele Instagram post before yesterday's match would show senior players like Messi and Suarez tapping his head jokingly as though they were welcoming back a prodigal son.. Busquet comment on Dembele yesterday "This goal will come in handy, he has to adapt to both his private life and football," Busquets told Movistar following the 1-1 draw.
"We have to help him because he's very young and we know he can help us a lot.".. It's quite clear with this that there was an off field problem

If a player has an off field issue, coupled with not performing as expected, why then shouldn't he be benched?

I just hope Dembele has learned his lessons and Valverde will play him more often, hence becoming the beast most of us know and want him to be. I'm positive that goal is the beginning of a turn around
you sabi ball abeg, if Dembele was consistent he will start more matches.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2018
sweet7oyin:
Roberto is also out for 3-4 weeks according to sportblizz bulletin on DSTV
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2018
Olamyyde:

who should start if Suarez is benched? Shey Roberto is now injured, let's see Semedo. Dembele makes which slight mistake? Na wa o, Dembele puts us at risk whenever he tries a dribble, and he definitely shouldn't have started yesterday's match.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3311) (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) ... (6186) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.