Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4578252 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3353) (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) ... (6183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by peterd53(m): 11:30am On Dec 22, 2018
Adiwana:
Cules,am I the only one that is not feeling pep in a new club such as Bayern Munich and Man City .I mean there's a very huge difference between Pep of Barca and current Pep

At Barca he struggled with the No9 system and unleashed terror on teams with Messi at False 9.So seeing him doing "well" with Lewandonski and Aguero made me to realise Pep's will never win Champions league again unless he goes back to his system which is the false 9 and heavy possession system and maybe tweaking it with his current flare.Hes a coach that survives heavily on possession and he barely dominates possession against a determined team.

At Barca,only but a few games did teams go toe to toe with us.We completely outclassed teams from 0 minute to final whistle.Infact most of our losses came via Away Goals in the champions league in which teams had to score and had to be defensively disciplined like interested and Chelsea.But now,any team that matches him toe to toe will win him as he goes completely clueless on what to do and this has been seen in his champions league games away since he left Barca

Many will say because he had Messi,but we can't also forget how he made Villa,Pedro and Busquets the beasts they were.Now players from Academy barely bring out that potential under him.I remember how he played Yaya,Sylvinho in their unnatural positions in Rome in 2009,how he played a very inexperienced Busquet and how he made Manchester United play only 10mins in that final.We were hit with Injuries and suspensions for that game but we completely nullified a high flying Manchester United with Cristano and van der Saar.

He's gone to a team with experience in Bayern,has struggled in the champions league and once he gets to quarterfinals with this City team,he will be knocked out.Sorry to say but I don't see Pep's doing any wonders in the near future.

I brought this up because I was just watching highlight of World Club Cup final against Santos on youtube that had Neymar and remembered watching how we tore that team apart with Pep and honestly ever see he left Barca,i have not seen that kind of football from him

Bro, d difference is messi. No one plays the false 9 position better Dan messi. Pep had d chance to have win d UCL with Bayern in his last season but luck was against his team against ATM. A player like messi who create out of nothing would av bail him out.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MJBOLT: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2018
prediction for BarçaCelta
Barça 4 - 2 Celta Vigo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ayoalani(m): 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
Did anyone hear notice e.v's comments on the B team and the winter transfer window?
He said Miranda and Moussa Wague are going to be part of the first team from January.
He also said he's not expecting any player in January.
If this happens, it would be a total of 3 promotions this season...Not bad afterall
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
peterd53:

Bro, d difference is messi. No one plays the false 9 position better Dan messi. Pep had d chance to have win d UCL with Bayern in his last season but luck was against his team against ATM. A player like messi who create out of nothing would av bail him out.
Exactly, Guardiola's teams since Barca have lacked the magic of Messi. His Bayern team was damn awesome but he was knocked out by a very resolute Ath Madrid that just scored and defended with demonic intent.
His other knock out was by the BBC at the summit of their powers under Ancelotti, Guardiola said his team played against Athletes not footballers and it was true, the pace of Bale, the wizardry of Di Maria and Benzema just pulling defenders out of shape and Ronaldo being Ronaldo. Messi in those teams would have easily eliminated either Ath Madrid or R. madrid. So that's why I'd dare say Messi was the deciding factor. And maybe Iniesta too

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
ayoalani:
Did anyone hear notice e.v's comments on the B team and the winter transfer window?
He said Miranda and Moussa Wague are going to be part of the first team from January.
He also said he's not expecting any player in January.
If this happens, it would be a total of 3 promotions this season...Not bad afterall
where does Wague play?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 9itewolf(m): 1:25pm On Dec 22, 2018
IKON360:

where does Wague play?
rb
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2018
E be like Chelsea open City yansh last week ooh

Currently 3-1 down to Palace at the Etihad.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
Vs celta

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2018
DemBABA Scores

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2018
Leo on the score sheet.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2018
The commentator said “it’s like there’s a light around Lionel Messi that only Jordi Alba can see ���”
Such couple goals��

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2018
Alba is fast becoming the greatest assist provider for Leo Messi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by paule: 7:40pm On Dec 22, 2018
Alba & Messi combination is made in heaven
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 7:42pm On Dec 22, 2018
Sommyroy10:
The commentator said “it’s like there’s a light around Lionel Messi that only Jordi Alba can see ���”
Such couple goals��
its something that was perfected on the training ground, lofted pass to Alba, run in for Alba cut back, curl the ball into the usual bottom left corner. Goal!! Simple. What's amazing is why teams can't just figure out how to stop either Messi or Alba or the move entirely. Except Athletico
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
Another one on one miss by Suarez. Nawa
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kingsley10000: 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
in as much as dembele was on the scoresheet today,he hasn't impressed me this season....we need to sell him this January and buy another potent winger
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by losprince(m): 8:08pm On Dec 22, 2018
Kingsley10000:
in as much as dembele was on the scoresheet today,he hasn't impressed me this season....we need to sell him this January and buy another potent winger
of course! we should exchange him for romelu lukaku of manchester united undecided angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2018
Kingsley10000:
this is one of those fake Barca fans who watch football from back of tv

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mrcalcufast: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2018
Kingsley10000:
the kind of trash you spew after sniffing some kinda made in Pluto cracks!

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2018
Chelsea's greatest nightmare Legend Don Iniesta on the VIP stand.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by peterd53(m): 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2018
IKON360:

Exactly, Guardiola's teams since Barca have lacked the magic of Messi. His Bayern team was damn awesome but he was knocked out by a very resolute Ath Madrid that just scored and defended with demonic intent.
His other knock out was by the BBC at the summit of their powers under Ancelotti, Guardiola said his team played against Athletes not footballers and it was true, the pace of Bale, the wizardry of Di Maria and Benzema just pulling defenders out of shape and Ronaldo being Ronaldo. Messi in those teams would have easily eliminated either Ath Madrid or R. madrid. So that's why I'd dare say Messi was the deciding factor. And maybe Iniesta too

Bro, h said it all. Pep Bayern was so perfect that he even match a fully fit Barca with a side missing robben and Ribery. He set up his team in a way that can conquer any opposition. He needs a player like Messi but unfortunately no one right now is close to messi
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
Something is definitely wrong with Coutinho. Dude has lost his confidence on the ball lately.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MJBOLT: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2018
he's the worst barça player this season

Debroslink:
Something is definitely wrong with Coutinho. Dude has lost his confidence on the ball lately.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2018
MJBOLT:
he's the worst barça player this season

At a time when we are on form. He's been disappointing. I hope 2019 will be better
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
Valvershit.

Suashit.

Coutinho can't replace Dembele in any of Dembele's positions. Guess Valvershit is too dull to see this.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MJBOLT: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2018
coutinho out angry

Isomerizm:
Valvershit.

Suashit.

Coutinho can't replace Dembele in any of Dembele's positions. Guess Valvershit is too dull to see this.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2018
Pheeew. No EV bashing... wadda gwan grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2018
I wonder why coutinho came on to replace dembouz, can't dude just play 90 minutes ffs angry angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2018
Isomerizm:
Valvershit.

Suashit.

Thank you.Many already criticising Countinho don't know he is not a wing player.Valverde needs to allow him to express himself and play in his position as left midfielder not as left winger and we would get the Countinho we saw last week during Piques goal.And Dembele needs full 90 minutes.Dont know why he's not playing full time and Rakitic badly needs to rest.Dude has been playing all year and has more minutes on the field and its seriously taking a toll on him.Hes formed dipped a little like that of Modric cause they are workaholic midfielders.Lopetegui gave Modric that rest so I don't see why Valverde can't do the same

Suarez needs competition.He is too relaxed for my liking.And Valverde is not helping matters.Substitute him in games he's not performing by giving him the number of minutes he's giving Dembele and see Suarez come back to his old self.Dude knows there's no world class competition in the team and that is why he's constantly underperformed. A Benzema in this team will give him a run for his money
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
peterd53:

Bro, h said it all. Pep Bayern was so perfect that he even match a fully fit Barca with a side missing robben and Ribery. He set up his team in a way that can conquer any opposition. He needs a player like Messi but unfortunately no one right now is close to messi
Exactly, Messi was difference
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2018
Adiwana:

Thank you.Many already criticising Countinho don't know he is not a wing player.Valverde needs to allow him to express himself and play in his position as left midfielder not as left winger and we would get the Countinho we saw last week during Piques goal.And Dembele needs full 90 minutes.Dont know why he's not playing full time and Rakitic badly needs to rest.Dude has been playing all year and has more minutes on the field and its seriously taking a toll on him.Hes formed dipped a little like that of Madrid cause they workaholic midfielders.Lopetegui game Madrid that rest so I don't see why Valverde can't do the same

Suarez needs competition.He is too relaxed for my liking.And Valverde is not helping matters.Substitute him in games he's not performing by giving him the number of minutes he's giving Dembele and see Suarez come back to his old self.Dude knows there's no world class competition in the team and that is why he's constant underperformed. A Benzema in this team will give him a run for his money
Coutinho doesn't play as a winger in Barcelona, in fact he has never been a winger, he is not pacey enough and he rarely crosses, Mourinho called him a fake left midfielder, and if you've watched Coutinho operate from the left, he utilises "half spaces" the little space between the right back and the right centre back. However for him to be effective he needs his confidence, his last very good match was against Tottenham, he played rather well utilising the half spaces and pinging lofted passes to Munir. The coach is giving him matches sha, I believe its just a phase and he will get better.
Please never in your life compare Benzema with Suarez. Besides the only striker in the top 10 goal scorers in Europe that scored so far this weekend is Aubameyang, Lewandowski didn't score, Lacazette nor Aguero nor Cavani scored but Suarez doesn't and you people are complaining na wa o.
Rakitic has a clause in his contract that states he must start any match as long as he is fit, someone on this thread pointed it out. Shey Arthur and Alena and Coutinho played, we won with a clean sheet. What's the problem with Valverde now?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2018
IKON360:

Coutinho doesn't play as a winger in Barcelona, in fact he has never been a winger, he is not pacey enough and he rarely crosses, Mourinho called him a fake left midfielder, and if you've watched Coutinho operate from the left, he utilises "half spaces" the little space between the right back and the right centre back. However for him to be effective he needs his confidence, his last very good match was against Tottenham, he played rather well utilising the half spaces and pinging lofted passes to Munir. The coach is giving him matches sha, I believe its just a phase and he will get better.
Please never in your life compare Benzema with Suarez. Besides the only striker in the top 10 goal scorers in Europe that scored so far this weekend is Aubameyang, Lewandowski didn't score, Lacazette nor Aguero nor Cavani scored but Suarez doesn't and you people are complaining na wa o.
Rakitic has a clause in his contract that states he must start any match as long as he is fit, someone on this thread pointed it out. Shey Arthur and Alena and Coutinho played, we won with a clean sheet. What's the problem with Valverde now?

Let me first start by addressing Benzema.That guy will fit into our system by far because he's very good in link up play.Just that many will prefer Suarez to him because generally Suarez is a better Striker and frankly he sucks but believe me that if he was in Barca,Suarez will heavily step up.This is because he can offer the same services Suarez can offer just that he's still heavily lacking in the striking dept.

Suarez is playing shiit,missing goals and is not really bothered because he knows that Paco and Munir are not really a threat and that Barca board,Coaching staff and players really like him.So he's not playing as if something is at stake.Watching him play for Uruguay shows he's really a beast.He and Cavani heavily complement one another.He has the same partnership with Messi.So why is he not delivering??Because he doesn't see the need to and there's no extra pressure because Messi carries it all and the coaches are afraid to substitute him for whatever reason.its really sad

Then on the issue of Rakitic,am sure he won't really mind dropping out of a few games.Besides we can't use because of what a contract stipulates and play him even when hes not in form and not really performing to his standard.And the issue here is not even his form,just that he needs rest.As I already pointed out,Lopetegui did it on Modric.Rested him for a lot of games.He was brought in some matches due to how bad they performed.If Madrid were on form,Modric won't have seen game time.This really gave opportunity to Ceballos to gain that confidence.Modric is back and is slowly getting back to his old self.Rakitic really needs it and we also need it so that he will be back to his best when the season really gets tougher

Lastly on the issue of Coutinho,Valverde substitutes a Winger and replaces him with a left midfielder and still maintains same attacking play.He will definitely struggle because the manager is not changing his game plan with the substitution made so it means he's dropping in into that role of Dembele.Because if he did the necessary changes in his game plan,Countinho will be bringing play into the midfield other not outside to go play crosses

Take Iniesta for example.Neymar/Pedro/Villa were never substituted for him.He played behind the left winger(Neymar) and he was allowed that freedom to dribble and contribute to the game play.Same thing with Brazil.Coutinho operates behind Neymar and is never asked to play that role by removing Neymar because that is not his role.So Valverde cannot remove Dembele and ask Coutinho to operate in "half space" because it simply doesn't exist.Theres no attacking player in front of him,so by default he has to either fill in that role of attacking which by nature is not his game or simply play in his natural position which then pegs the team to operate in a 4-4-2 system

Now remember in other for him to operate in that half space,he must have a player in front of him and behind.That will free him up to operate.He cannot be operating if hes thinking about his defensive or attacking duties.Hes simply not playing him here because he uses a system of Box-to-Box (Paulinho,Vidal),a DM(Busquet) and a CM (Rakitic).So there's basically no room since Messi must operate in either that no 10 role in front of Suarez or as RW in which a natural LW in Dembele comes in.So in other for Countinho to fit into the system he will drop Vidal

(1) (2) (3) ... (3353) (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) ... (6183) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.