Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4598183 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3416) (3417) (3418) (3419) (3420) (3421) (3422) ... (6191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 6:10am On Feb 22, 2019
Nche95:
in Man Utd everybody pass to pogba ? you must be high in osogbo weed
did you read the part I typed, "every team has a talisman?"
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nche95(m): 6:12am On Feb 22, 2019
IKON360:

did you read the part I typed, "every team has a talisman?"
i read the part where you typed "everybody passes to pogba

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by gustav25: 7:24am On Feb 22, 2019
You never know what you have until you let go of it .... Lol....
I recall when you guys had Enrique and wanted his head on a platter of Gold and Gee left. Know you have the Spanish Onigingbe as a coach in person of Ernesto Valverde

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 7:52am On Feb 22, 2019
gustav25:
You never know what you have until you let go of it .... Lol....
I recall when you guys had Enrique and wanted his head on a platter of Gold and Gee left. Know you have the Spanish Onigingbe as a coach in person of Ernesto Valverde
Nothing could possibly be worse than Valvershit in this life. Save, maybe, Buhari.

So, when he leaves, no one's gonna miss him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClumsyFlimsy: 7:54am On Feb 22, 2019
Isomerizm:
Nothing could possibly be worse than Valvershit in this life. Save, maybe, Buhari.

So, when he leaves, no one's gonna miss him.
One renowned zombie on this thread is coming for you

Watchout bro
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 7:56am On Feb 22, 2019
Nche95:

You dey mind the guy before?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 8:11am On Feb 22, 2019
ClumsyFlimsy:

One renowned zombie on this thread is coming for you

Watchout bro
Dem born am well?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClumsyFlimsy: 8:27am On Feb 22, 2019
Isomerizm:
Dem born am well?
Lol grin

No na
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClumsyFlimsy: 8:58am On Feb 22, 2019
One player i wish can have more play time is semedo

I just like that guy. I see so much potentials in him; he just needs to improve a bit and learn to be more decisive and learn to pass the ball better

Overall i had pick him over roberto
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 9:19am On Feb 22, 2019
Nche95:
did you also read the the word before that clause, "...virtually..." that means not everyone besides the aim was to inform that every team has its talisman, ours is Messi. That's why our players when low on confidence, pass to Messi. Most talismen are rarely low on confidence but when they are poor or underperform, the whole team suffers.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 9:20am On Feb 22, 2019
Debroslink:

You dey mind the guy before?
las las you go dey alright
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 9:43am On Feb 22, 2019
IKON360:

na wa o, Griezman said he didn't want to join Barca, whose fault is that?
In Chelsea, virtually everybody passes to Hazard, in Man utd, its Pogba, in Man city its either De Bruyne or Silva, in Tottenham its Ericksen, in PSG its Neymar, in Dortmund its Reus, in Liverpool its Salah. Every team has a talisman, a player the team can rely on. Ours is Messi and coaches don't even have to tell the players, you just do your bit, win the ball, pass to the star man and either get to your defending position or you get to an attacking position.

Yes, Messi has always been our talisman for the past 10 years, but anytime Messi scores loads of goals and other forwards keep passing to him without scoring theirs, we ended up with heartbreak.

UCL winning years with our strikers

2009, Messi 38, Eto 36, Henry 26.

2011, Messi 53 Villa 23 Pedro 21

2015 Messi 57, Neymar 39, Suarez 25

UCL heartbreak with #PasstoMessi

2010 Messi 50, Ibrahimovic 23, Pedro 11

2012 Messi 73, Villa 11, Pedro 10

2013 Messi 49, Sanchez 15, Pedro 12

2014 Messi 47, Sanchez 21, Pedro 8

2017 Messi 40+, Suarez 26, Dembele + Coutinho 10

From the stat above, no question about Messi being our talisman.

However, look @ other srtikers' output to Messi's and you'll discover that anytime we activate #PasstoMessi tactics, output of other strikers combined can't match that of Messi's, but whenever our other strikers perform well without depending on Messi, we win UCL.

Meanwhile, no striker mentioned above has had a poor season as Suarez 2018 to date. It's one thing to score just one goal in 2 years of UCL. It's another to keep missing open net in every single match.

Yet, you keep licking his scrotum... angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 10:00am On Feb 22, 2019
Debroslink:

Yes, Messi has always been our talisman for the past 10 years, but anytime Messi scores loads of goals and other forwards keep passing to him without scoring theirs, we ended up with heartbreak.

However, look @ other srtikers' output to Messi's and you'll discover that anytime we activate #PasstoMessi tactics, output of other strikers combined can't match that of Messi's, but whenever our other strikers perform well without depending on Messi, we win UCL.

Don't mention 2011 because that was the full power of Xaviniesta

ahh well this is a deposition that can't be argued with. But I won't blame the coach for the players over reliance on Messi, Coutinho came in last year, did his thing and was exceptional, Dembele was just doing his thing, dribbles and crosses and scoring. All these under the same coach. However, when players are to scared to take risks, can't attempt their own creative passes, can't dribble without losing the ball, can't shoot from range, can't create their own moments of genius etc, I won't blame the coach... Or I might sha but these players were all doing so well at one point. What could have caused this sudden relapse to over reliance on Messi?
When Xavi and Iniesta were around, we had a triumvirate of talismen with Messi at the zenith, when Neymar joined, we had four players we could rely on + a fully functional Suarez, with their departure or regression due to age, we are left weak and exposed. When Messi doesn't score virtually nobody else will score, and Barca fans will be shouting they want fluid football. If I was Valverde, I'll dump this tiki taka and play either aerial balls, swift counters or cross and nod. But a lot of Barca fans feel we must play tiki taka to get the best from Messi et al. Ahh well, the "pass to Messi" tactic will continue until our players, excluding Suarez get more confident and adventurous
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 10:04am On Feb 22, 2019
Debroslink:

you just had to add that, na wa for you o. One moment, someone will be happy to have intelligent discussion with you the next moment you just behave like what I don't know. You go dey alright sha
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 10:18am On Feb 22, 2019
IKON360:

ahh well this is a deposition that can't be argued with. But I won't blame the coach for the players over reliance on Messi, Coutinho came in last year, did his thing and was exceptional, Dembele was just doing his thing, dribbles and crosses and scoring. All these under the same coach. However, when players are to scared to take risks, can't attempt their own creative passes, can't dribble without losing the ball, can't shoot from range, can't create their own moments of genius etc, I won't blame the coach... Or I might sha but these players were all doing so well at one point. What could have caused this sudden relapse to over reliance on Messi?
When Xavi and Iniesta were around, we had a triumvirate of talismen with Messi at the zenith, when Neymar joined, we had four players we could rely on + a fully functional Suarez, with their departure or regression due to age, we are left weak and exposed. When Messi doesn't score virtually nobody else will score, and Barca fans will be shouting they want fluid football. If I was Valverde, I'll dump this tiki taka and play either aerial balls, swift counters or cross and nod. But a lot of Barca fans feel we must play tiki taka to get the best from Messi et al. Ahh well, the "pass to Messi" tactic will continue until our players, excluding Suarez get more confident and adventurous
Yo! Dude. I don't like you, but I gotta tell you this truth. Everything falls on the coach. There's no better explanation to it. Players who were once the most creative under a different manager have now suddenly resorted to passing to Messi. It's not like the players had a referendum of any sort to start passing to Messi, even if they could do something else without hindrance. There's every likelihood they're acting based on the coach's instruction.

An intelligent coach would have, with the personnel at Barça right now, concreted his own style now to bring out the best out of the most important player in the team. Not to dull the senses of other players and run Messi to the ground like fùcked up slùt.

We're not asking him to play tiki taka. We're are asking him to incorporate his own style to maintain the team's fluidity and positive results (but clearly, he has no style or tactic, whatsoever); we're asking him to be sensible.That's what he gets paid for. We on nairaland sef have, over his months of disaster classes, proven to be more potentially instrumental than the paid one.

You and I know he is indefensible. Pep couldn't possibly have this kind of team and still give us displays that can make a blind man cry.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 10:25am On Feb 22, 2019
IKON360:

I blame the institution of FC BARCELONA generally on licking Messi's ass. Yes we know he's the GOAT, but which one is the fact that other players have to adjust to his pattern all the time?

Whenever we buy a player, I notice that the 1st press conference he holds, the player MUST state that Messi is the best player in the world. Just look @ Prince Boateng as a case study.

Whenever a player does that, he sacrifices his pattern and play style to suite the #PasstoMessi tactics. You can't shoot on your own, you must find Messi whenever he's in the box even if the net is open.

That's why Neymar had to leave even though he didn't handle it well. He wanted to be a man and take decisions without depending on Messi. I have never blamed Neymar for leaving, just that he went to a club and a league where no one can win Balon d or there.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 10:35am On Feb 22, 2019
IKON360:

you just had to add that, na wa for you o. One moment, someone will be happy to have intelligent discussion with you the next moment you just behave like what I don't know. You go dey alright sha

When you keep supporting EV and Suarez, you don't expect me to support you na.

@ least, you still get sense pass one useless mrcalculus we get for this thread.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 10:40am On Feb 22, 2019
2017/18 season began @ September 2017

November 2017 La liga top scorers

Messi 10 goals

Paulinho 8 goals

Ronaldo 2 goals

EV to Paulinho... "Who the hell are you? Do you wanna score more than Messi? Don't you know he's the best player in the world? Now obey my tactics and #PasstoMessi all the time"

2017/18 La Liga ending top scorers

Messi 34 goals

Ronaldo 26 goals

Paulinho 8 goals
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 22, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin

So am hearing that icardi wife wanda is cheating on him with teammate brozovic cool shocked
After she cheated on maxi lopez with icardi grin grin
Once a cheater always a cheater

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FergieRaww(m): 12:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
snrman:

So am hearing that icardi wife wanda is cheating on him with teammate brozovic cool shocked

This Wanda is a first class b*tch! grin

na her type wey naija guys need for the benz smiley
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FergieRaww(m): 12:46pm On Feb 22, 2019
Infact i dey fear girls on blonde
There wahala no be here oOh both on bed matters and every every cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2019
Debroslink:

I blame the institution of FC BARCELONA generally on licking Messi's ass. Yes we know he's the GOAT, but which one is the fact that other players have to adjust to his pattern all the time?

Whenever we buy a player, I notice that the 1st press conference he holds, the player MUST state that Messi is the best player in the world. Just look @ Prince Boateng as a case study.

Whenever a player does that, he sacrifices his pattern and play style to suite the #PasstoMessi tactics. You can't shoot on your own, you must find Messi whenever he's in the box even if the net is open.

That's why Neymar had to leave even though he didn't handle it well. He wanted to be a man and take decisions without depending on Messi. I have never blamed Neymar for leaving, just that he went to a club and a league where no one can win Balon d or there.
the theory of Messi pampering and pass to Messi all started under Guardiola, if you want to blame someone, blame Guardiola.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2019
Isomerizm:
Yo! Dude. I don't like you, but I gotta tell you this truth. Everything falls on the coach. There's no better explanation to it. Players who were once the most creative under a different manager have now suddenly resorted to passing to Messi. It's not like the players had a referendum of any sort to start passing to Messi, even if they could do something else without hindrance. There's every likelihood they're acting based on the coach's instruction.

An intelligent coach would have, with the personnel at Barça right now, concreted his own style now to bring out the best out of the most important player in the team. Not to dull the senses of other players and run Messi to the ground like fùcked up slùt.

We're not asking him to play tiki taka. We're are asking him to incorporate his own style to maintain the team's fluidity and positive results (but clearly, he has no style or tactic, whatsoever); we're asking him to be sensible.That's what he gets paid for. We on nairaland sef have, over his months of disaster classes, proven to be more potentially instrumental than the paid one.

You and I know he is indefensible. Pep couldn't possibly have this kind of team and still give us displays that can make a blind man cry.
firstly, everything doesn't fall on the coach. The way you eulogise Guardiola, pass to Messi and unnecessary reliance on Messi started under Guardiola, that's why since he left Messi, he hasn't won UCL again. Messi told Guardiola he wanted to CF, what makes you think Messi hasn't done same with Valverde or the board?
You raised a good point, Coutinho came to Barca and played 5 months under Valverde, he had the highest scoring 5 months of his career last season. Countinho could take free kicks, so could Suarez, yet when last did any of them score a free kick? Malcolm plays best when Messi isn't on the field. Dembele very talented but now has to link up with Messi.
So what makes you keep assuming that Valverde is the problem, under Guardiola, over reliance on Messi, under that our coach that died, pass to Messi, under Martino, pass to Messi, under Enrique, pass to Messi, under Valverde pass to Messi. Yet its the coach's fault. What if its actually Messi making these requests? Pique improved under Valverde, so did Alba, Busquets and Rakitic even Alena and Arthur have all been brilliant under Valverde. However the players regressing the most are Messi's fellow forwards why??
Messi is my best baller ever and I like Valverde primarily because what he has done with this Barca team, isn't easy.
There are too many factors involved, not just Valverde. Tata Martino was just coach for one season yet he was fired. Valverde has been given a contract extension. Ask yourself why??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 2:03pm On Feb 22, 2019
Debroslink:

Meanwhile, no striker mentioned above has had a poor season as Suarez 2018 to date. It's one thing to score just one goal in 2 years of UCL. It's another to keep missing open net in every single match.

Ma guy Debroslink, while i agree with almost everything you've said,

But this your passtoMessi belief I think is a myth.

Just imagine Suarez scoring half the chances Messi has laid for him,

He'd be neck to neck with Messi already in terms of goals scored.

I say it's a myth because Messi is not only out top scorer for the past 10 years, he has also created thrice as many chances for other teammates.

And if they would only score, we wouldn't be talking about passtoMessi.

The passtoMessi thingy is only done inadvertently rather than strategically and tactically.

And finally,

We need to face it;
Once Messi leaves barca will never be the same again.
We need to use him to win as much as we can now.

But if you are expecting us not to pass to Messi as much as we can and still get as much success,
Then forget it!

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 3:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
tesppidd:
Ma guy Debroslink, while i agree with almost everything you've said,

But this your passtoMessi belief I think is a myth.

Just imagine Suarez scoring half the chances Messi has laid for him,

He'd be neck to neck with Messi already in terms of goals scored.

I say it's a myth because Messi is not only out top scorer for the past 10 years, he has also created thrice as many chances for other teammates.

And if they would only score, we wouldn't be talking about passtoMessi.

The passtoMessi thingy is only done inadvertently rather than strategically and tactically.

And finally,

We need to face it;
Once Messi leaves barca will never be the same again.
We need to use him to win as much as we can now.

But if you are expecting us not to pass to Messi as much as we can and still get as much success,
Then forget it!

Since Guardiola came in, #PasstoMessi started. However, Guardiola did well by bringing the best out of other strikers. Enrique too(1st season)

But when other strikers fail to perform, the coach needs to tweak them in order to get them to perform. That's why I'll never respect EV for playing Suarez all the time despite the fact that he's lost it.

At the end, when we fail to win the big cup, the blame will drop on Messi's laps.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2019
All I want is that Suarez should sit out our next set of games or substituted at halftime. Let EV give Malcolm or Boateng the strike position.

I don't think they can do any worse than this short-1 Suarez, despite him being the fifth top goal scorer in barca's history - Yet, I think he still needs a timeout.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2019
snrman:

grin grin I just hope this is true...Should teach the idiot a lesson
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ultimatesammie(m): 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2019
simonjassy:

why are you announcing city's win in barcelona thread.you probably would have ruled schalke04 out even before the game.
Why are lots of nonsense mentioned here not related to Barcelona.
Plus didnt even care about the match at the beginning.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 7:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
Under pep that Eto'o n Henry was scoring double figures that led to treble. Under Enrique(even tho I don't like him) msn scoring double figures, but Messi is the one limiting E.V! Chai! Messi has had to deal with lots of name calling and insults in his career, but this one is one of the most stupid I've read anywhere.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Debroslink:
2017/18 season began @ September 2017

November 2017 La liga top scorers

Messi 10 goals

Paulinho 8 goals

Ronaldo 2 goals

EV to Paulinho... "Who the hell are you? Do you wanna score more than Messi? Don't you know he's the best player in the world? Now obey my tactics and #PasstoMessi all the time"

2017/18 La Liga ending top scorers

Messi 34 goals

Ronaldo 26 goals

Paulinho 8 goals
Suarez 25 goals
Countinho 8 goals
Paulinho 9 goals
Dembele 3 goals
top scorers aside Messi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2019
10Dove:
Under pep that Eto'o n Henry was scoring double figures that led to treble. Under Enrique(even tho I don't like him) msn scoring double figures, but Messi is the one limiting E.V! Chai! Messi has had to deal with lots of name calling and insults in his career, but this one is one of the most stupid I've read anywhere.

bROther Man, I am cringing here at what I am reading.

grin grin grin ANAL-lysis.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 9:08pm On Feb 22, 2019
Eruditor:

bROther Man, I am cringing here at what I am reading.

grin grin grin ANAL-lysis.
Chai! This one weaketh me walahi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3416) (3417) (3418) (3419) (3420) (3421) (3422) ... (6191) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: korexes(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.