Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4592533 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
vicechancellor:
How about playing dembele and coutinho at the same time in that Liverpool game, what's the workability!
Arrange the lineup.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2019
Isomerizm:
Arrange the lineup.
good statement, our champions league progress is built on conceding as little goals as possible, Valverde favours defensive stability to offensive effectiveness, the riskiest he has been that I've watched was against Athletico Madrid where we played 4 2 4, with Coutinho, Suarez, Messi and Malcolm all on the field. Against Liverpool or any team Valverde will always go with 4 3 3 and if we need to defend, 4 4 2. So the only way Coutinho and Dembele will start at the same time is if Suarez or Messi don't play which is impossible when both are fit.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Barcelona - Liverpool.

I know Varverde will prefer Coutinho to start on the left, but looking at the speed and agility of Salah, Alba will not be able to overlap so much, so I will prefer starting Dembele on the left to keep their defence troubled.

And on the right back, I think Roberto should start ahead of Semedo because of Mane's quick reaction in counters.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
Awesome01:
Barcelona - Liverpool.

I know Varverde will prefer Coutinho to start on the left, but looking at the speed and agility of Salah, Alba will not be able to overlap so much, so I will prefer starting Dembele on the left to keep their defence troubled.

And on the right back, I think Roberto should start ahead of Semedo because of Mane's quick reaction in counters.
and Rakitic will do his bit helping Roberto, the problem is can Arthur shield Alba against Salah?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
IKON360:

good statement, our champions league progress is built on conceding as little goals as possible, Valverde favours defensive stability to offensive effectiveness, the riskiest he has been that I've watched was against Athletico Madrid where we played 4 2 4, with Coutinho, Suarez, Messi and Malcolm all on the field. Against Liverpool or any team Valverde will always go with 4 3 3 and if we need to defend, 4 4 2. So the only way Coutinho and Dembele will start at the same time is if Suarez or Messi don't play which is impossible when both are fit.
Exactly why I asked the guy to give the full line up.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
IKON360:

and Rakitic will do his bit helping Roberto, the problem is can Arthur shield Alba against Salah?

Nice question! Arthur can shield Alba. Arthur hardly gets dispossessed of the ball and stays always between defence and attack. You rarely see him enter the box.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Awesome01:

Nice question! Arthur can shield Alba. Arthur hardly gets dispossessed of the ball and stays always between defence and attack. You rarely see him enter the box.
this match will be decided by midfielders, with little to no contribution from full backs, and of course all players(Suarez) must be at their best to help Messi's work be easy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
simonjassy:

you do realise dybala doesn't play as cf anymore,unlike last season

The effect of Dayos stupid views misleading people in this section.

2015/2016 season Bale had his best scoring stat in his career , playing with Ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
Awesome01:
Barcelona - Liverpool.

I'd rather Coutinho start, tho. Coutinho will play as our peripheral 10 (an 11 that plays as a 10), letting Alba take care of the width, while he (Coutinho) covers for him. Then when Alba goes back to defend, he'd assume his 11 role. This way, stability is ensured on the left wing.

Another reason I prefer Coutinho is his eye for those shots (funny how a predictable trademark goal has suddenly become unpredictable). I've noticed Dembele would rather pass his way into the box than give goal a try. And trust me, we might not have as so many chances to tap our way into their box.

Then comes Coutinho's experience with EPL teams, particularly his previous team.

The choice would be difficult, tho. Considering Dembele would contribute his own merits, too if he started. His pace during counter (for or against either team), his perfect crosses, his runs and dribbles.

As for right back option, I'd rather Sergi Roberto start. It's unpopular, but Sergi is a better playmaker than Semedo. He has better link up plays with the midfielders. And I don't know why I have this feeling He will pocket Mane, maybe partly. Perhaps, because he did it against Vinicious.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
People want roberto to start vs mane?? Lol!

Because he marked vinicius well? That was a collective effort...pique pocketed him, vidal did the same so he was helped throughout the match.

When will people accept that roberto is an average player? undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
Semedo should start because he is only rb defensively solid enough to mark mane well. It's only his crossing I'm worried about.

If only valverde could start semedo and dembele on the right side!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
IKON360:

this match will be decided by midfielders, with little to no contribution from full backs, and of course all players(Suarez) must be at their best to help Messi's work be easy

Why single out Suarez? you must be a funny guy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olamyyde:
Semedo should start because he is only rb defensively solid enough to mark mane well. It's only his crossing I'm worried about.

If only valverde could start semedo and dembele on the right side!

And play Messi where?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Awesome01:

Why single out Suarez? you must be a funny guy
lol, Suarez at his best means Messi will score. At least his dummy runs will create space for Messi and he needs to be at his mental best for that to happen
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2019
Awesome01:

And play Messi where?
That's the problem, messi is only a RW on paper, semedo will look clueless in attack with messi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 7:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
IKON360:

lol, Suarez at his best means Messi will score. At least his dummy runs will create space for Messi and he needs to be at his mental best for that to happen
So the job of our highest earner after messi is to make dummy runs or draw cbs for messi to score?

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 7:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olamyyde:
People want roberto to start vs mane?? Lol!

Because he marked vinicius well? That was a collective effort...pique pocketed him, vidal did the same so he was helped throughout the match.

When will people accept that roberto is an average player? undecided
Pique, Semedo and Vidal all played against Vinicus jnr that 1st leg yet it looked like Vinicus jnr is the best winger in the world, by 2nd leg and in La Liga, Pique, Roberto and later Vidal all played against Vinicus jnr and we saw him as a 19 yr old with a lot of potential but can't hurt Barca.
Semedo against Mane, one of the deadliest, fastest and most powerful wingers in the world will be a disaster of legendary proportions, if Semedo can't pocket Vinicus jnr is it now Mane he will pocket? Abeg no play o, this is UCL o, not la liga
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olamyyde:

So the job of our highest earner after messi is to make dummy runs or draw cbs for messi to score?
so what?? It has taken us to semi finals of UCL, Benzema that is scoring all the goals or Lewandowski or Mbappe or Neymar or Ronaldo or any other striker, where are they?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
IKON360:

Pique, Semedo and Vidal all played against Vinicus jnr that 1st leg yet it looked like Vinicus jnr is the best winger in the world, by 2nd leg and in La Liga, Pique, Roberto and later Vidal all played against Vinicus jnr and we saw him as a 19 yr old with a lot of potential but can't hurt Barca.
Semedo against Mane, one of the deadliest, fastest and most powerful wingers in the world will be a disaster of legendary proportions, if Semedo can't pocket Vinicus jnr is it now Mane he will pocket? Abeg no play o, this is UCL o, not la liga
So you think roberto will pocket mane? Smh for una.

It's like you didn't watch the inter match where a finished winger like perisic was sodomizing roberto throughout the match.

Semedo had a subpar game but that's all you remember. Suarez drops disasterclasses for 2 seasons and you still defend him. Smh sad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
I can remember our last atletico match. Roberto started and as usual dropped another average performance. He was subbed for semedo, and suddenly 2 goals came up immediately.

Una no go remember that one, it's his match against vinicius you will remember.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olamyyde:

So you think roberto will pocket mane? Smh for una.

It's like you didn't watch the inter match where a finished winger like perisic was sodomizing roberto throughout the match.

Semedo had a subpar game but that's all you remember. Suarez drops disasterclasses for 2 seasons and you still defend him. Smh sad
Inter we played last year mtchw. Tell 1 match, just one match Semedo played in and our defense was astonishingly brilliant, one match our defense was so good opponents rarely saw sight of goal and Semedo started...
Your hating on Suarez will not feed you this night, the guy is a brilliant 9 and no 9 we sign now will give us 50% of what he offers unless the player is younger Benzema, younger Suarez or G. Jesus
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
I can't wait for that wague to enter first team and bench roberto for good. He is good defensively and attack wise.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olamyyde:
I can remember our last atletico match. Roberto started and as usual dropped another average performance. He was subbed for semedo, and suddenly 2 goals came up immediately.

Una no go remember that one, it's his match against vinicius you will remember.
no dey embarrass yourself na, please tell me Semedo's contributions to the 2 goals? Guy na wa 4 yu o
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2019
IKON360:

Inter we played last year mtchw. Tell 1 match, just one match Semedo played in and our defense was astonishingly brilliant, one match our defense was so good opponents rarely saw sight of goal and Semedo started...
Your hating on Suarez will not feed you this night, the guy is a brilliant 9 and no 9 we sign now will give us 50% of what he offers unless the player is younger Benzema, younger Suarez or G. Jesus
Brilliant 9 with 0 ucl goals this season and 0 ucl away goals in the past 2 seasons. Brilliant 9 my foot!

This isn't 2016 bro...suarez isn't the same player he was.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2019
IKON360:

no dey embarrass yourself na, please tell me Semedo's contributions to the 2 goals? Guy na wa 4 yu o
The first goal came in immediately when semedo came in.

Semedo gave a throw in to pique who passed to alena who passed to alba who passed to the scorer suarez, mins later messi scored. I guess that's just coincidence.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
Semedo is the player that has won most penalties this season for barca but you won't remember that
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olamyyde:

The first goal came in immediately when semedo came in.

Semedo gave a throw in to pique who passed to alena who passed to alba who passed to the scorer suarez, mins later messi scored. I guess that's just coincidence.
You're crediting goal contribution to a player who initiated an attack chain. Who is the fifth player down the line in the chain.

You mean, if MATS passes to Pique, who passes to Rakitic, who passes to Messi, who passes to Dembele, who finally scores, MATS is the reason for the goal?

Say something else, please.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olamyyde:

Brilliant 9 with 0 ucl goals this season and 0 ucl away goals in the past 2 seasons. Brilliant 9 my foot!

This isn't 2016 bro...suarez isn't the same player he was.
the most important thing right now is beating Liverpool and Suarez not missing chances, however we haven't even played Liverpool and you are already complaining of Suarez. Reserve the anger until does badly against Liverpool then you can complain, in fact I'll join you in venting my frustration over Suarez, until then just relax. When we win UCL whether Suarez scores or not will be irrelevant. Just like Giroud at world cup, whether he scored or not was irrelevant, the most important was "Giroud was part of the France starting 11 that won the world cup in 2018", same with Suarez
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
Isomerizm:
You're crediting goal contribution to a player who initiated an attack chain. Who is the fifth player down the line in the chain.

You mean, if MATS passes to Pique, who passes to Rakitic, who passes to Messi, who passes to Dembele, who finally scores, MATS is the reason for the goal?

Say something else, please.
Why did 2 goals come immediately when semedo came in?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olamyyde:
Semedo is the player that has won most penalties this season for barca but you won't remember that
that's true, but coach prefers Roberto and our defense is more formidable when Roberto starts. And UCL is high risk, Semedo is a risk, his understanding with Pique, Rakitic, Arthur and Busi leaves endangered us on his forays forward.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
IKON360:

the most important thing right now is beating Liverpool and Suarez not missing chances, however we haven't even played Liverpool and you are already complaining of Suarez. Reserve the anger until does badly against Liverpool then you can complain, in fact I'll join you in venting my frustration over Suarez, until then just relax. When we win UCL whether Suarez scores or not will be irrelevant. Just like Giroud at world cup, whether he scored or not was irrelevant, the most important was "Giroud was part of the France starting 11 that won the world cup in 2018", same with Suarez
Bro since the away leg against lyon, I've given up on suarez scoring in the ucl. It's like he has retired in that competition.

The question is who is going to step up if messi doesn't? I have no faith in coutinho, Suarez plays abysmally in ucl, valverde might not start dembele. So who will step up if messi drops another roma or psg away performance?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olamyyde:

Bro since the away leg against lyon, I've given up on suarez scoring in the ucl. It's like he has retired in that competition.

The question is who is going to step up if messi doesn't? I have no faith in coutinho, Suarez plays abysmally in ucl, valverde might not start dembele. So who will step up if messi drops another roma or psg away performance?
Roma last year, PSG 2016 or so, dude forget those, this is 2019, this is our year. Be optimistic, Messi is the king of turn up, Coutinho will turn up, Dembele will turn up even Malcolm will turn up. Anyhow Suarez wants to turn up be it by diving, winning penalties, dummy runs etc anyhow he is allowed, the most important thing is lets win UCL.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.