Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4583273 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) (3556) (3557) (3558) ... (6185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chidexxy007(m): 10:47pm On May 10, 2019
grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 11:03pm On May 10, 2019
]
sebod:

As in ehn!
We have crashed out of UCL on several occasions in the past, trust me, I have never felt this bad all the years I have been a fan.

Bottling a 4-1 lead against Roma? I can't ever forgive that man really.
Thank God I never placed any hope in that coach ever since the Roma debacle. I really pity those thinking anything good could come out of a coach that bottled a 4-1 lead.

I have said this before and I was criticised by many here. Let me say it again....Messi is not a leader and should not be wearing the captain band!

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 11:48pm On May 10, 2019
sebod:

You should have at least given me kudos for getting my tipping/prediction which you claimed was wrong right.

Messi did not only go back to DM role as you claimed against Juve, he did it all season. We won some big matches such as madrid, Atletico, Psg e.t.c with Messi playing same role. The difference was that the players took their chances in those games won and deservedly got their applause.
Messi playing as a DM was not the reason he kept blowing the chances he had against Juve, what he would score on a good day. Neither was Messi playing as a DM was the reason Suarez was firing blanc or Neymar wasting goal chances.

You guys just don't want to agree the players also contributed to our abysmal performance and keep heaping all the blames on Lucho.
This post was made two years ago after we lost to Juve and guys were blaming the coach while exonerating the players.
Even though EV is as clueless as EV himself, it was just too shameful to see professional footballers playing like pregnant women in a game they had complete upper hand having won the first leg comfortably albiet fortuitously just like the match against Roma last year.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 12:14am On May 11, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:
Barca needs to sign de ligt asap. If possible self that ajax coach.

Players like rafinha, vermalen, boateng, and even vidal despite how vital he is this season needs to b axed out of our squad one way or the other. Suarez needs a serious competition like gabriel jesus, jordi alba needs a back up and lucas digne was a worthy backup, i don't even know if barca sold him or loan but if we sold him then that was obviously a bad decision. I am so disappointed in coutinho but somehow i would like him to still remain in barca because he is a special player and just needs to get his shit together; him and dembele needs special sessions to improve and stabilise their game even psychologically or anything yo bring positive result. All in all the fact i get to watch semedo and arthur next season gives me joy, aside messi this two of them are my favorite players. And most importantly thank god de jong will get to learn from busquets and rakitic before finally displacing them; that boy na massive talent, barca needs bring his pal de ligt to sweeten the whole thing the more especially as pique time done dey reach conclusion and umtiti don backslide cause of injury.

I believe next season we will still win treble or atleast come close because i don't see madrid nor atletico or any other team posing any threat in regards the league or cdr and even in champions league we will be fucking brutal and sweet and almost unstopable unless we decide to mumu ourselves for the third time in a row.

Rejoice cules for ours is the best team in the world. And come next season we shall clinch the treble. Since we stop for Quarter now semis. I no pray say we go still mumu ourself allow them stop us for finals.

We are more than a club grin
What exactly would De Jong learn from a bum like Rakishiit?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 12:28am On May 11, 2019
sebod:
]
Thank God I never placed any hope in that coach ever since the Roma debacle. I really pity those thinking anything good could come out of a coach that bottled a 4-1 lead.

I have said this before and I was criticised by many here. Let me say it again....Messi is not a leader and should not be wearing the captain band!
WTF are you saying?

He's not a leader because he doesn't scream and shout on the pitch like an unhinged person?

Valuable leaders on the pitch are players who want the ball in times of trouble,players who ask for the ball so they can get others involved in the game too...not players like Rakitic who won't dare make a forward pass when he's being pressed.

Leaders on the pitch are players like
Xavi
Modric

We lack these kind of players in the team...so do spare me with the Messi does not act mad on the pitch BS.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 3:15am On May 11, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:
Messi, Suarez and Pique held secret meeting over the future of valverde
Messi OK

Pique OK

Suarez?

He should be holding secret meetings about his own future.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 3:16am On May 11, 2019
Unlimited22:
FC Bottleona
very true.

for the very first time ever on this thread you have said something reasonable.

from the depth of my heart, congrats.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ayoalani(m): 7:31am On May 11, 2019
Are we still getting trolled? I thought they'd have been done by now. Ugh...im nt even sure anyone here knows that we have getafe today
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Unlimited22: 8:00am On May 11, 2019
tesppidd:
very true.

for the very first time ever on this thread you have said something reasonable.

from the depth of my heart, congrats.
Sarcasm does not become you.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:48am On May 11, 2019
BykeLaByke:

WTF are you saying?

He's not a leader because he doesn't scream and shout on the pitch like an unhinged person?

Valuable leaders on the pitch are players who want the ball in times of trouble,players who ask for the ball so they can get others involved in the game too...not players like Rakitic who won't dare make a forward pass when he's being pressed.

Leaders on the pitch are players like
Xavi
Modric

We lack these kind of players in the team...so do spare me with the Messi does not act mad on the pitch BS.
I was actually expecting a backlash from two guys here. You and Tessipid grin

Being the GOAT does not automatically make one a great leader.
Xavi? Yes!
A certain Xavi would not attempt to dribble when a simple tap in would have gotten the job done when all that's needed is a single goal.
A certain Xavi would not be looking helplessly and run out of idea when his team is being decimated and outpowered.
A certain Xavi would not be strolling on the pitch waiting for passes when it is obvious his team is in trouble and cannot get the ball to him comfortably. He would support rhe team.
I am sure Xavi will be on the pitch and will keep mute when his team needs someone to talk and motivate them.
I doubt if Xavi would ever be in a team bottling a 3goal lead when it really matters most.

Mind you, all the players were useless that night. But, the leader gets the most blame after the coach.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Itsmedozie: 9:08am On May 11, 2019
grin

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kinggogo: 9:21am On May 11, 2019
I seriously hope and pray that we lose that Copa del rey final. Since that's the only cup these disgraceful bottlers care about. Valencia should deprive them of it.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 9:40am On May 11, 2019
sebod:

I don't do arguments anymore,but what you said is a falsehood that's continually being peddled around here so I just had to react.

Xavi? Yes!
A certain Xavi would not attempt to dribble when a simple tap in would have gotten the job done when all that's needed is a single goal.
A certain Xavi would not be looking helplessly and run out of idea when his team is being decimated and outpowered.
A certain Xavi would not be strolling on the pitch waiting for passes when it is obvious his team is in trouble and cannot get the ball to him comfortably. He would support rhe team.
I am sure Xavi will be on the pitch and will keep mute when his team needs someone to talk and motivate them.
I doubt if Xavi would ever be in a team bottling a 3goal lead when it really matters most.
Oh yes,after Leo made sure we had a 3nil lead to go to Anfield with while covering Valverde's flaws,it's on him again to make sure that the team does not concede 4goals in the second leg....

We are actually turning to Barcentina where he has to do it all. cheesy
Mind you, all the players were useless that night. But, the leader gets the most blame after the coach.
I wouldn't classify Messi's performance that night as useless to be honest...but it is what it is innit.

UUhhmm nooo?,the players who under-performed get the most blame after the coach.

If it was a bum like Sergi Roberto wearing the captain's arm bad that night..

You would not be here posting"SerGi RoBErTo Is NoT a LeADEr aNd ShOUld NoT Be WeARINg ThE CapTAIn's ArMbAND''

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Itsmedozie: 9:47am On May 11, 2019
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:58am On May 11, 2019
Unlimited22:

Sarcasm does not become you.
Seriously speaking.

This the first time I would agree with you.

The bottling levels of my team is unprecedented.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:01am On May 11, 2019
Itsmedozie:
grin
lol

This is funny.

I wouldn't be surprised by year 2022 and we are a result like this;

Barca 20 Lyon 2
Lyon 18 Barca 0

Lyon qualifies on away goals!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by losprince(m): 10:14am On May 11, 2019
So the trolling hasn't ended
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:14am On May 11, 2019
sebod:

Xavi? Yes!

The bolded clause is what I hate hearing the most.

What does that even mean "when it matters the most"

Every fuccking game matters most especially from the knock out stages.

If Lyon had eliminated us in the second leg people would still call the match "when it matters most"

If Man U had eliminated us in the second leg people would still call the match "when it matters most "

And as for Xavi's time, Villa and Pedro were helping Messi with the scoring burden, or rather Messi was helping them.

Even Christiano Ronaldo was scoring loads of goals for Madrid in the champions league but still had guys like Bale and Ramos scoring very very very crucial goals.

But look at Luis Suarez today, less then 5 goals in 3 champions league seasons.

How are we supposed to win?

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 10:32am On May 11, 2019
BykeLaByke:

I don't do arguments anymore,but what you said is a falsehood that's continually being peddled around here so I just had to react.

Oh yes,after Leo made sure we had a 3nil lead to go to Anfield with while covering Valverde's flaws,it's on him again to make sure that the team does not concede 4goals in the second leg....

We are actually turning to Barcentina where he has to do it all. cheesy

I wouldn't classify Messi's performance that night as useless to be honest...but it is what it is innit.

UUhhmm nooo?,the players who under-performed get the most blame after the coach.

If it was a bum like Sergi Roberto wearing the captain's arm bad that night..

You would not be here posting"SerGi RoBErTo Is NoT a LeADEr aNd ShOUld NoT Be WeARINg ThE CapTAIn's ArMbAND''
I don't argue here anymore either!

Messi ensured we got a 3goal lead in the first leg even though we were outclassed. Should that stand as an excuse for him to mess things up in the second leg when a lone goal could have probably made the difference? He got the best of the few chances we had for God sake!

And no, I wouldn't have any issue with Roberto because I have never recognised him as a very good player. So, I can't place any expectation on him. You can't be the GOAT and expect to go scot free when you are part of a bottling team.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 10:40am On May 11, 2019
RoyalBlak007:
And this is how Liverpool will end up trophyless this season. After being so close to winning two trophies.

grin

Liverpool 4 Barcelona 0

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2019
homesteady:
I'm still in shock. Is it Liverpool we just dispatched 3-0? grin grin grin So we were all just so tensed for nothing

Pun intended, right? 4-0.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 10:45am On May 11, 2019
Olamyyde:
Messi scored his 100th ucl goal against Chelsea

He scored his 600th barca goal against Liverpool.

Messi has the same number of club goals as ronaldo and ronaldo played for 2 years before messi started.

If i see anybody compare that poacher with messi agaon for this thread, na slap walahi.

This man is on the verge of carrying a treble in his first season as a captain. Absolutely ridiculous!

Carry treble from Iyana ipaja to Oshodi.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 10:48am On May 11, 2019
Ozkar:
blah blah blah... We don't pride ourselves in pressing, we pride ourselves in winning games, especially against deluded EPL sides.

This is a dynamic Barca team, we adapt to opponents tactics and kill them off in the most effective way possible.

Dynamic Barca vs deluded Liverpool side. grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 10:49am On May 11, 2019
airmark:

We saw how he scored in Anfield.

We are talking about the large quantity of useless defenders in laliga. Leave Messi.
Just like we are seeing coutinho scoring his r2 anyhow in la liga when there are no more useless epl defenders that will give him space shocked

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 10:51am On May 11, 2019
Neimar:

I swear
make I hear say Allison is better than Ter Stegen I go slap the person

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 10:52am On May 11, 2019
sebod:

This was posted in January 2017. And Suarez is yet to get back his old self which is certainly no longer possible. Brilliant peeformances here and there at times can't disprove his decline over the years and its even more evident by his absymal performance in the Ucl. If we must achieve glory in the Ucl, Suarez has to be more responsible in burrying chances because only few would be created.
Tesppidd, this post was made some two years back.

I am sure you were not also expecting any good thing from Suarez going by what he has been serving us for the past two years expectially in the UCL just like me.
Talking about when it matters most which you claim never to want to hear, a lone goal was all that probably mattered most in that match, and the best of the scoring chances was gotten by the GOAT who has been the burden carrier of the team, but he chose to blow it not minding the stupidity of the useless player that passed to him.
And afterwards, I saw my captain strolling on the pitch waiting for the ball and wearing a depressed look after every Liverpool's goal. And you want me to praise him? He got all the praises when he did well in the first leg and should get the stick when he let me down in the second leg.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 10:52am On May 11, 2019
sebod:

I don't argue here anymore either!

Messi ensured we got a 3goal lead in the first leg even though we were outclassed. Should that stand as an excuse for him to mess things up in the second leg when a lone goal could have probably made the difference? He got the best of the few chances we had for God sake!

And no, I wouldn't have any issue with Roberto because I have never recognised him as a very good player. So, I can't place any expectation on him. You can't be the GOAT and expect to go scot free when you are part of a bottling team.
Okay.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2019
sebod:
]

I don talk this too before...messi should not be the captain. I would prefer ter stegen.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2019
Debroslink:

Pique is better than Van Dijk anytime anyday anywhere.

grin grin grin grin

Maybe on FIFA or Pes 2016 only.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 10:59am On May 11, 2019
airmark:

Carry treble from Iyana ipaja to Oshodi.
Continue stalking my old posts undecided

No go look for femtiti.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 11:00am On May 11, 2019
eyoniggar:

Never to worry. We'll cruise through to the finals. Though its always good to have a convincing 4 goal lead to enable Cules who arent sure of our qualification yet to be rest assured sey nothing dey happen. Good night guys.

grin

Landcruiser, nothing dey happen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by airmark(m): 11:08am On May 11, 2019
veekid:
Valverde is doing this at Camp Nou. Imagine what he’ll do at Anfield next week if we potentially have to protect a lead

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) (3556) (3557) (3558) ... (6185) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: emmask and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.