Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4631204 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3647) (3648) (3649) (3650) (3651) (3652) (3653) ... (6210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
Swissh:

Oga sit down somewhere. Roberto from that same role was having 7 assist. His cross and end product are garbage. 1 goal 0 assist in 70matches is awful. Including having 0 successful crosses and just 0.2 key passes per game.he is a RB and assists is very important part of their game look at kimmich, Taa, cancelo, walker etc and how much they contribute in attack, semedo is useless in attack as an rb you can expect him to put a simple low driven cross but that also he can't do.

Semedo is just about an average player and haven't done anything at Barca.
Gentlewarrior1:

Hmm. Well i must admit you seem to have a point here. His stats is somewhat poor when judged by goals/assist although we all know thats not his primary duty in the team but sha he still need dey contribute more in those areas.
Well his overall game is quite good but like you stated he doesn't yield much results in attack. His tackle rate is high though and i believe he won most pks last season despite coming from bench most of the time.
Anyways this season he owns that position fully unlike previous season. So i expect him to contribute in every aspect and definately the goals and assist will surely come

This thing dey tire me for our matter abeg.

He was bought as a DEFENDER, a Right BACK his job isn't to score or assist FFS! Why do you have 3 forwards and 1/2 attack minded midfielders, and you will still be mentioning goals and assist for a defender. Is that his job?

Whatever happened to Clean Sheets? Successful tackles, balls retrieved, aerial duels won, shots blocked, clearances made? What happened to them? What exactly?

Was Semedo bought to score goals or bought to defend goals?

abeg, abeg, abeg. Compare him using his primary function and not the function of Messi, Suarez and whoever

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
Swissh:

What is wrong with this one ? Semedo that has 1 goal and 0 assist in more than 70matches for Barca is why you jumping up and down.

How many matches did he start of the 70?

30. Abeg jare

We all know Roberto has been first choice right back for the last 2 seasons, and Semedo doesn't get reasonable game time, comes from bench a lot
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Swissh: 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
LaMujer:

This thing dey tire me for our matter abeg.

He was bought as a DEFENDER, a Right BACK his job isn't to score or assist FFS! Y poo u have 3 forwards and 1/2 attack minded midfielders, and you will still be mentioning goals and assist for a defender. Is that his job?

Whatever happened to Clean Sheets? Successful tackles, balls retrieved, aerial duels won, shots blocked, clearances made? What happened to them? What exactly?

Was Semedo bought to score goals or bought to defend goals?

abeg, abeg, abeg. Compare him using his primary function and not the function of Messi, Suarez and whoever
You don't know what you saying. he is a rightback and assists is very important part of their game look at kimmich, Arnold, cancelo, walker, Robertson see how they contribute to attack. even Roberto in that role was having 7 assist no excuse you can make what so ever semedo is useless in attack as a rb you can expect him to put a simple low driven cross but that also he can't do.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
Abeg I get question o.

Valverde, the team wanted him to continue
Griezmann, the team would like it if he comes
Neymar, the team will not scatter if he comes, he's a nice player, they want him
Coutinho, the team wants him to stay

Abeg o, e get pesin wey dey don ever reject before?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
Swissh:

You don't know what you saying. he is a rightback and assists is very important part of their game look at kimmich, Arnold, cancelo, walker, Robertson see how they contribute to attack. even Roberto in that role was having 7 assist no excuse you can make what so ever semedo is useless in attack as a rb you can expect him to put a simple low driven cross but that also he can't do.

No, it is not.

What is the work of midfielders if defenders are to be assisting?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Swissh: 12:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
LaMujer:

How many matches did he start of the 70?

30. Abeg jare

We all know Roberto has been first choice right back for the last 2 seasons, and Semedo doesn't get reasonable game time, comes from bench a lot
Semedo started 49 of that 70 matches. He is useless going forward. No excuse for having 0 assist in more than 70 matches. Offensively average, defensively slightly above average.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Swissh: 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2019
LaMujer:

No, it is not.

What is the work of midfielders if defenders are to be assisting?
I gave you example of more than 6 right backs that contributes offensively. Jordi Alba has 8 assist last season, Roberto had 7 if you think there is nothing wrong with semedo having no productivity then forget it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2019
Crespo, Neymar's lawyer seen entering the Camp Nou office. The same lawyer responsible for the payment of his release clause two years ago.

Modified: PSG's lawyer now Neymar's. He used to be Neymar's lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
Swissh:

I gave you example of more than 6 right backs that contributes offensively. Jordi Alba has 8 assist last season, Roberto had 7 if you think there is nothing wrong with semedo having no productivity then forget it.

Brother, I'm not interested in your examples.

I already clearly stated. As a defender, is your primary duty to score goals and give assists?

If Luisito stops scoring and starts tracking back to block shots and all, will you applaud him for doing someone else's work?

Na wa o. We're so obsessed with modern day football that we wouldn't mind playing 0- 0- 10

That's how someone was talking about Ederson giving assists too.

It's a plus if Semedo contributes to the attack, I repeat, it's a plus, if he doesn't, it doesn't mean he's not good

Primary job is to keep attackers from scoring. Abegi, ah

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Swissh: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
LaMujer:

Brother, I'm not interested in your examples.

I already clearly stated. As a defender, is your primary duty to score goals and give assists?

If Luisito stops scoring and starts tracking back to block shots and all, will you applaud him for doing someone else's work?

Na wa o. We're so obsessed with modern day football that we wouldn't mind playing 0- 0- 10

That's how someone was talking about Ederson giving assists too.

It's a plus if Semedo contributes to the attack, I repeat, it's a plus, if he doesn't, it doesn't mean he's not good

Primary job is to keep attackers from scoring. Abegi, ah
Oga you don't know anything and I don't have time to argue nonsense.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
Isomerizm:
Crespo, Neymar's lawyer seen entering the Camp Nou office. The same lawyer responsible for the payment of his release clause two years ago.

He is there to deceive media cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
Swissh:

Oga you don't know anything and I don't have time to argue nonsense.

Na you no sabi anything. You don't learn from mistakes

Why did Roma eliminate us?
Why did Liverpool eliminate us?
Why did Levanté score 5 past us?

Because we had just 2 defenders, heck, even Piqué is a half striker when he's chanced. That's what happens, defenders don't defend, you have a
Coutinho
Messi
Suárez
Arthur
Dembele
Rakitic
Alba that we all know never stays back
5 of these players are in the pitch at any given time, but no, it's our full backs that should go and be doing assists, and crossing ball. What is the work of wingers then? Why not just convert him to a winger?

Abeg, we already have 6 attacking players on pitch, let Semedo be biko.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Swissh: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
LaMujer:

Na you no sabi anything. You don't learn from mistakes

Why did Roma eliminate us?
Why did Liverpool eliminate us?
Why did Levanté score 5 past us?

Because we had just 2 defenders, heck, even Piqué is a half striker when he's chanced. That's what happens, defenders don't defend, you have a
Coutinho
Messi
Suárez
Arthur
Dembele
Rakitic
Alba that we all know never stays back
5 of these players are in the pitch at any given time, but no, it's our full backs that should go and be doing assists, and crossing ball. What is the work of wingers then? Why not just convert him to a winger?

Abeg, we already have 6 attacking players on pitch, let Semedo be biko.
You are saying nonsense to be honest. Basic crossing ability of a fullback semedo is 0 in that aspect . Look at various top teams and how their fullbacks contribute to their attacks. Liverpool,Man City, Bayern, Madrid etc. If a fullback like semedo can go back to back seasons providing 0 assist while his mates Roberto was providing 6 in one season then he is useless for a top team.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
Swissh:

You are saying nonsense to be honest. Basic crossing ability of a fullback semedo is 0 in that aspect . Look at various top teams and how their fullbacks contribute to their attacks. Liverpool,Man City, Bayern, Madrid etc. If a fullback like semedo can go back to back seasons providing 0 assist while his mates Roberto was providing 6 in one season then he is useless for a top team.

Jesus!

You're irking me o.
I'm asking you the same thing for the umpteenth time.

What is the basic and main job of a defender, you're not answering.

Let's start from there first

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Swissh: 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
LaMujer:

Jesus!

You're irking me o.
I'm asking you the same thing for the umpteenth time.

What is the basic and main job of a defender, you're not answering.

Let's start from there first
Uncle the main job of a fullback is to contribute in both the defense and attacking aspect of the game. Same way the basic pirioty of a Barca goalkeeper is not just to be a shot stopper but a good passer of the ball.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cumz(m): 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
This guy arguing about semendo not offering anything in attack obviously doesn’t watch Barcelona matches

First point, when semendo play with Messi, he has no right going forward to make stupid crosses, cos the game play is for messi to cut in, dribble in or throw. Majestic passes to alba, also note that Messi won’t be covering for him going backward
Second point, when semendo plsys with dembele, you notice some kind of gell between them, so much flak and he has freedom going foward cos he knows dembele will cover him

The same explanation goes for alba-Neymar connection back then!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
cumz:
This guy arguing about semendo not offering anything in attack obviously doesn’t watch Barcelona matches

First point, when semendo play with Messi, he has no right going forward to make stupid crosses, cos the game play is for messi to cut in, dribble in or throw. Majestic passes to alba, also note that Messi won’t be covering for him going backward
Second point, when semendo plsys with dembele, you notice some kind of gell between them, so much flak and he has freedom going foward cos he knows dembele will cover him

The same explanation goes for alba-Neymar connection back then!

Very true

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
Swissh:

Uncle the main job of a fullback is to contribute in both the defense and attacking aspect of the game. Same way the basic pirioty of a Barca goalkeeper is not just to be a shot stopper but a good passer of the ball.

What is the job of a winger sir?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Swissh: 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
LaMujer:

What is the job of a winger sir?
You are asking stupid questions.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Swissh: 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
So Roberto was not playing with the same Messi when he was having 7 assists cause am not understanding the rubbish excuse.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
Swissh:

You are asking stupid questions.

I'm not. We're going back and forth. So, we should both understand what we're arguing.

I ask again, what is the work of wingers?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
Imagine nonsense so semedo has 0 assist and people are trying to twist the plot to defend him cry
For people that don't kw. The job of a rb and lb is to defend and help push the attack no amount of episode u write here can change that. Semedo has to step up abeg

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
Against Napoli I liked griezman and Suarez combination mehn. Like grizy said he will ask for barca fans forgiveness on the pitch
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
Swissh:

Oga sit down somewhere. Roberto from that same role was having 7 assist. His cross and end product are garbage. 1 goal 0 assist in 70matches is awful. Including having 0 successful crosses and just 0.2 key passes per game.he is a RB and assists is very important part of their game look at kimmich, Taa, cancelo, walker etc and how much they contribute in attack, semedo is useless in attack as an rb you can expect him to put a simple low driven cross but that also he can't do.

Semedo is just about an average player and haven't done anything at Barca.
I have to agree. For a fullback, his numbers are embarrassing
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by wman(m): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
Neymar's Lawyer at the Camp Nou offices.

Neymar's images and jerseys removed from the PSG official store.

The formation below could be a possibility for Barca this season.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
wman:

wetin busquets day find for there?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
This Neymar's deal self. grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Astark: 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
Messi, Suarez,neymar,griezman in one team. Damn
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
wman:

He's mo longer Neymar's lawyer.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BroadStreetBull(m): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
I cannot believe that anybody who watches Semedo play would argue that Semedo does not boss that right wing defensively and offensively whenever he plays!

I cannot believe.

A lot of people are susceptible to match statistics.

They just wake up in the morning time and look for match stats.

Watch the game nigga! Watch the game!!

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BroadStreetBull(m): 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
"Yesterday was Manchester United's best performance with Mourinho at Old Trafford."

Savagery will not kill Gary Lineker.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3647) (3648) (3649) (3650) (3651) (3652) (3653) ... (6210) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.