Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3919) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4619050 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3916) (3917) (3918) (3919) (3920) (3921) (3922) ... (6204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
Olamyyde:

Dem suppose put ramos face for every traffic light�
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
ddippset:
Very very very very precious away goal.

At 1 nil I was so mad, i abandoned the match.

Same fuccking tactical mistakes.
We press and press and press against teams while the teams keep 8 men behind the ball.

And then we lose possession(which is inevitable).
At that point the defence is already out of shape.

What do we have?
A good team will counter attack and will score.

Enough with this obsession with passing the ball around from defence to attack.

We need to start using the long balls. We need to stop being too scared of conceding possession from dead balls.

I think it's better to concede more possession, so the defensive shape stays intact sometimes; and we counter attack.

This keeping of possession and having our defence in a high line has become bullshiit.

I agree with this 100%

Tina Tika is now easy to defend against and it is fast becoming Kati Kati

We need to be more conventional with our approach, 2015 Treble season is a big example of that.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2020
Olamyyde:

Dem suppose put ramos face for every traffic light�

Lol.. Like this

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 3:29pm On Feb 27, 2020
Upnepaa:

I agree with this 100%

Tina Tika is now easy to defend against and it is fast becoming Kati Kati

We need to be more conventional with our approach, 2015 Treble season is a big example of that.

Lol.. He say na kati kati..

Actually, I don't see anything wrong with the tikitaka style of football. The only problem here is lack of creativity.

If we can get a good solid midfielder that can break through defenses (alongside with flanks either our 7, 11, 2, or 3), then there is no real thing to worry about. That way, our defenses will not be subjected to too much high line plays.

A good example is Iniesta pairing with Neymar and Alba back then. Although we conceded goals as well but it was very much to our favor in our offenses.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2020
LordAdamX:

I don hang boot before but I had to come out of retirement for this.

Ronaldo has been crowded more times than you can count. Attached images.

The best players have multiple opponents on them to cut out space. Everyone gets the same treatment from Iniesta to KDB to Dybala.

There is nothing special about a #10 who's sphere of influence is at the center of pitch having multiple players around him. Where the f*ck do you want the players to be? Whenever Ronaldo is in a position to receive the ball at the middle of the pitch, plenty of players are also around him. When he drifts wide as a primary winger, two men are on him, even though there's just the byline and space is tight.

Watch his games.

No normal player will give Messi, CR7, Neymar, or any elite player space in the modern game if they can help it.

So throw those images in the bin. And stop disgracing people who have more than average knowledge of football.

No, Messi shouldn't be surrounded in the middle third of the pitch. The opposition players should band together at the corner flag. Sometimes the way you guys reason, e b like say na fufu full una head.

As for Ronaldo in the penalty box. Take today's match for instance. He put in at least two superb crosses into the box (chances created), no one could connect to them. But if he's the one at the receiving end in the box, it suddenly becomes a problem.

Why should a 6 foot 2 super-athlete who's the best header in the game not occupy the box? Precisely who should take his place?

Even Dybala and Higuain had tap in opportunities, they couldn't get it on target. Ronaldo gets same opportunities and scores, that becomes a problem.

Both Messi and Ronaldo have honed their games over a decade and play to their strengths. That's why Messi is stat-padding his assist tally by taking corner kicks, while Ronaldo stays in the box to head in corner-kicks because of his height. That's how you guys were complaining about Marcelo-Ronaldo cross-and-nod connection. But not once have I ever heard a complaint about the Messi-Alba lob-pass-cut-back connection.

In no way, shape, or form is Messi better than Ronaldo because Messi has mastered the art of playing through the middle thanks to his long stay at Barcelona. Ronaldo has been there and done that under Ferguson. Instead, CR7 mastered the art of stealth goalscoring. Where you can surround him with players all game long, but just one perfectly measured cross and like a cheat he can tower above and put the ball at the back of the net. EOD!

-Lord

Well, It seems you got me wrong.

My post was in response to the guy that came here to post what I will call an irrelevant stat about how Messi has little numbers of goals in the UCL KOs in recent seasons.

So I had to give the reason. Messi is always focused especially against defensive minded which we always play against in KOs e.g Atletico, Juve, Roma etc

Yes, every elite player is focused and choked in matches. But Comparing the attention giving to Ronaldo, Hazard, Neymar to that Messi's is a great injustice and hypocritical on your side. Unless, perhaps, you don't watch Messi often, which I'm sure you don't. Almost every time, teams change tactics and formation solely because of Messi. And they also tend to cut off passing link to him in order to frustrate Barca's plan.

Messi is an expectional playmaker cum goalscorer, Ronaldo is an exceptional goalscorer but you can never tag him as a playmaker in modern day football dictionary. Football fans admire playmakers by consensus, this is due to their exemplary act of sacrifice and selflessness to create something out of nothing for the team, if you see barca fans having obsession with Messi, this is our reason.

Your last paragraph is just a subtle and indirect way to describe a penalty box merchant.

As you can see, most of the pictures you presented was in his Man United days when he was still a Winger. Now that's the difference between the duo, Ronaldo had to fined tune his playing style to fit in with the demand of his age, while Messi is still doing what he has been doing since he was 20, today at 33, without any significant reduction in his statistics.

Lastly, this will be my last time of replying you because I know we will never disagree to agree and also, let's this be the last time you will throw insult to me please, I don't do insult on internet, not because I'm a coward but because I find it uncivil and irresponsible but if you are adamant, then I don't have any other option than to draw my hatchet. PEACE

12 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2020
I actually agree with LordAdamx, not just Messi, any team that has an exceptional player, that player is always targeted, Hazard in Chelsea played almost 3 wings, he dropped deep, went to the left, to the right sometimes played up top to lead counters, even players like Pirlo had to be crowded out to restrict their influence on the game. So the theory that because Messi is crowded out means that he is better than some other players is wrong. Top players are crowded out, na tactics...
And I don't like Messi because he is a creative player, there have been many creative players and there will be more. I love Messi because he is the author and finisher of magic in football

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2020
Can you all see how Barca board are useless, including the president?

So they are not talking of appealing Lionel Messi's yellow card against Napoli, which was a total wrong call.

If Messi gets a yellow card again, he will miss the quarter final first leg or if he gets in the first leg of the quarter final, he will miss the second leg.

The truth is that if Barcelona qualifies for the quarter final, our opponent will have it in their game plan for Lionel Messi to miss the second leg and it might work for them.

This board can't think about tommorow at all. The most annoying thing is that if he gets a yellow card again before the appeal, he will lose the appeal because they didn't act fast. The only way to avoid Future disappointment is for the board to appeal now which they actually have 100% chance of winning before the second leg.

This people are playing with fire which will burn us if we don't appeal the yellow against Napoli.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 11:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
Getafe!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:19am On Feb 28, 2020
I have saved this in my folder for future references. grin grin grin

It would most definitely come in handy.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 8:59am On Feb 28, 2020
Brodapounds:
Can you all see how Barca board are useless, including the president?

So they are not talking of appealing Lionel Messi's yellow card against Napoli, which was a total wrong call.

If Messi gets a yellow card again, he will miss the quarter final first leg or if he gets in the first leg of the quarter final, he will miss the second leg.

The truth is that if Barcelona qualifies for the quarter final, our opponent will have it in their game plan for Lionel Messi to miss the second leg and it might work for them.

This board can't think about tommorow at all. The most annoying thing is that if he gets a yellow card again before the appeal, he will lose the appeal because they didn't act fast. The only way to avoid Future disappointment is for the board to appeal now which they actually have 100% chance of winning before the second leg.

This people are playing with fire which will burn us if we don't appeal the yellow against Napoli.

dem dey appeal yellow card nii?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mrcalcufast: 9:23am On Feb 28, 2020
LaMujer:

dem dey appeal yellow card nii?
don't underestimate the power of Jamaican weed wink

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 9:23am On Feb 28, 2020
okay, just passing by..............

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by peterd53(m): 1:29pm On Feb 28, 2020
Alba back in training

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2020
peterd53:
Alba back in training
I hope this guy goes to a shrink or seeks psychological help ASAP. He has been mediocre since anfield.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Astark: 7:51am On Feb 29, 2020
God punish the mod that ban me
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:09am On Feb 29, 2020
Astark:
God punish the mod that ban me
grin

Was wondering where you'd been.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:09am On Feb 29, 2020
Most goals+assists in top 5 leagues since 17/18:

Messi - 125 goal involvements

Salah - 93 goal involvements

Immobile - 92 goal involvements

Lewandowski - 88 goal involvements

Ronaldo - 83 goal involvements

Suarez - 82 goal involvements

Mbappe - 81 goal involvements

Aubameyang - 75 goal involvements

Aguero - 75 goal involvements

Neymar - 73 goal involvements

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 29, 2020
Barcelona should pity us tomorrow cry cry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 11:25am On Feb 29, 2020
Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid): "Messi? For me he's like any other player. We study him like we would study a player from Celta Vigo or Levante. There is no difference." [eleven sports]

Incoming rape�

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Astark: 11:55am On Feb 29, 2020
ddippset:
grin

Was wondering where you'd been.
igbosmoker is my other account cool grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
Olamyyde:
Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid): "Messi? For me he's like any other player. We study him like we would study a player from Celta Vigo or Levante. There is no difference." [eleven sports]

Incoming rape�
courtois was just joking when he said this. Please I strongly apologize for this statements. Please pity us tomorrow cry cry
The pain is too much cry cry cry cry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
Astark:
igbosmoker is my other account cool grin
oh it's you.

grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 12:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
hulk616:
courtois was just joking when he said this. Please I strongly apologize for this statements. Please pity us tomorrow cry cry
The pain is too much cry cry cry cry

You just dey mumu yourself everywhere...these Cules you are asslicking and grovelling for shey it's them that will be on the pitch playing the match or do they have Access to Setien or the Barca players?

You really need an orientation on what being a Madrid fan is....I'm forever disgusted by these actions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Astark: 12:39pm On Feb 29, 2020
ddippset:
oh it's you.

grin
yes o

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 2:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
Olamyyde:

Incoming rape�

Nah!!!! Messi is just like every other player jare.

Let tomorrow do the talking.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Nah!!!! Messi is just like every other player jare.

Let tomorrow do the talking.
we apologize for this statement please cry cry
Courtois was just joking, you guys should not take it serious
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
pu7pl3:

You just dey mumu yourself everywhere...these Cules you are asslicking and grovelling for shey it's them that will be on the pitch playing the match or do they have Access to Setien or the Barca players?

You really need an orientation on what being a Madrid fan is....I'm forever disgusted by these actions
you need an oriented on what being a madrid fan is.
How can a Madrid fan accept a striker like benzema in the absence of GOAT Ronaldo. How can a Madrid fan support fraud hazard.

10 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 5:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
From comments so far, i think we're sounding a bit over-confident right now.

El Classico remains El Classico irrespective of the form, going into the game.

The game is open for the taking for either side.

Let's wait until the final whistle.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 5:48pm On Feb 29, 2020
hulk616:
you need an oriented on what being a madrid fan is.
How can a Madrid fan accept a striker like benzema in the absence of GOAT Ronaldo. How can a Madrid fan support fraud hazard.

Dude you are just shameless tbh...I have nothing else to add to that
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
pu7pl3:

Dude you are just shameless tbh...I have nothing else to add to that
there is nothing you can add. You are not Madrid standard

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 6:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
grin

What just happened during the Bayern vs Hoffenheim match, I have never seen it in my life.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 6:19pm On Feb 29, 2020
hulk616:
there is nothing you can add. You are not Madrid standard

You better carry your shameless self and continue begging these Nairaland Cules..the whole match is in their hands..idiot

(1) (2) (3) ... (3916) (3917) (3918) (3919) (3920) (3921) (3922) ... (6204) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: USAfall2024 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.